Ok, time for more in depth explanation.

The LKZ designed T-80U have manually operated commander machine gun. However it's placed in such idiotic, awkward position, that making animations for it, is... well.

I even asked here and there, what idiot designed it, and why he designed it like this... well no answer, it's one of the mysteries of the soviet tank industry.

Now, the T-80UE1 uses T-80UD turret, so both of them have remotely controlled commander MG mounted to commanders cupola. T-80UD was designed by KMDB, and they had tradition to design such commander cupolas with remotely controlled MG's.

Once I even postulated among team to just eliminate commander MG from these T-80U's that have it manually operated, even in real life many tank crews remove it, because due to it's placement is practically useless.

Now, I have a theory why it was designed such way, costs! T-80U was expensive in itself so to reduce costs, such a simple commander MG mount was used.

Hope this explains it a bit.

Tanks. That explains it, it looks like a remote turret, even IRL i cant see how you'd be able to operate the thing without sitting on top of the tank lol. That seems like a sure way to get killed :P

That was a terrible pun sorry 

Been using your US and Russian forces for years - just happened to notice you have a third package hosted in your website - starts with a "G" - the description was a bit vague - is there a better listing of the contents ?

GREF pretty much brings back and expands some factions from ArmA2 like CDF, NAPA etc. It's still WIP, but playable. ;)

What Damian said plus... some more interesting stuff (non-arma2) coming...   :P

It's kind of an umbrella package with factions that we think are really useful for the mission makers  :)

• Like 16

Looking forward to getting some high quality Opfor for the Middle East and for Africa.

It's kind of an umbrella package with factions that we think are really useful for the mission makers  :)

Exactly,GREF is full of content to fill mission with something different from proper USA vs RU classic scenarios.

On this regard i'm editing a TvT mission  that may contain rotary wing support.

My scope is avoiding to render air assets too op, by using units without radar and with non fire and forget air to ground missiles.So Hind is the best platform for opfor team but i'm struggling finding something to give to blufor...a AH1 Cobra with tow missiles would be the best cause the one with hellfires is too OP in my scenario...So a Gref Cobra or something similar(Gazelle?Bo105?)with TOW missile would be really needed

• Like 2

Exactly,GREF is full of content to fill mission with something different from proper USA vs RU classic scenarios.

My scope is avoiding to render air assets too op, by using units without radar and with non fire and forget air to ground missiles.So Hind is the best platform for opfor team but i'm struggling finding something to give to blufor...a AH1 Cobra with tow missiles would be the best cause the one with hellfires is too OP in my scenario...So a Gref Cobra or something similar(Gazelle?Bo105?)with TOW missile would be really needed

Something like a Lynx/Wildcat would probably suit you.

• Like 1

Theres a Bo-105 on Armaholic which may be useful for you

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29225

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the help !

:)

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A .300WM with a suppressor on it would still be pretty loud IRL.  So is every gun.  I liked the previous SD rifled sounds better, IMHO.

Look up anyone shooting a suppressed AR.  Notice that they are still wearing ear protection.

Eh. Depends if you already have/Care about developing tinnitus, Outdoors it isn't too bad.

Also depends on your ammo.

• Like 1

Regarding silenced weapons:

It sure depends on many factors, but the video scarecrow posted is a great example:

Generally speaking, a suppressed 5.56 isn't too boomy anymore when it comes to the weapon itself, the prominent sound from up-close will be the weapon's mechanical parts.

What still remains when using supersonic ammo, though, is the supersonic crack which generates a strong echo feedback from the environment. (Audible as a "swoosh" in scarecrow's video, however the shooter is shooting on very flat terrain with not much to reflect from)

Of course, this will be amplified when shooting inside a forest (like in this old dude's video... also, his camera is definitely not made for audio recording :D)

Another factor is the range a sound travels. It's fairly hard to get a feel for distances in ArmA or games in general. Some people already told me that the suppressed weapons should be audible over ~500-700m and were surprised when I told them they are. We tend to think the distance is smaller than it actually is in ArmA.

• Like 6

Why doesn't the MP7 have Iron sites? Is that on my end or was it intentional? 

These latest sounds took it to a whole other level, it makes the weapons feel so damn good, so immersive, fantastic work. 

It's mods with the quality of RHS that makes me not only still play Arma, but immensely enjoy it. 

Impeccable models and textures, superb sounds.

You guys are amazing.

Really grateful for what you guys are doing.  

• Like 2

Love the rubber coated texture look on the protec helmet. :D

• Like 2

I want to tell my experience with rhs dev guys, on the one hand they haven't forum to say this to them, and on the other hand I think that they can use this to improve  and say me if not is a incorrect communication by their side. Until now they only say me that I dont know read or use the editor or their feedback system.

Putting in background:

ME: It would have been easier to ask directly for the island and name of the mission from the beginning...

http://feedback.rhsm...iew.php?id=2517

FORUM USER: you better learn to read, use the editor and game and use a feedback system we provide...in any case, you are using these forums just as great...

FORUM USER: Thread name doesnt make any sense, first post doesnt do any better.

My opinion and answer (without pretending to be a fight, just give my opinion):

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=2517

I know read (or I try), is your admin who didn't ask directly the things, only say me "something is missing, try to use that mission.sqm yourself. [ ;)]"
I was trying using mission for a while to know what he meant.

I was all full day trying find the issue, to be the more concrete possible before reporting. I find it, was related with CH53-E and AI. I filled form in BI feedback, I didn't want spend more time in this issue, then I attached the BI link where was AAALL information including video and RPT.

I just wanted to help reporting the issue, to me is more easy select other helicopter and not lose two days with that issue or trying to guess what is that important thing missing. And its hard to me communicating in my not native lenguage for him say things like:

"something is missing, try to use that mission.sqm yourself. [;)] "
"no, it's not working because it's missing one, very important thing. try to use that mission.sqm like someone who just installed arma and guess what is missing. it's not that hard",
"where do you put it?... I don't have magic ball to guess that"

He know perfectly where put a *.sqm file or ask me directly for the isle and name of mission from the beginning and not throw indirect or riddles.
But RHS are the worst communicating with their community, ever trying to dodge the issue or try to blame others.

All this issues were originated when BI changed the way weapon configs were set, in the last Arma 3 update (1.62). Make sure to thank them [:)]

*answer give to other user from RHS dev.

In others mods dev fix their mods not blame agains BI or users, BI isn't perfect, but if you blame agains they when launch improvements... Arma 3 not is a closed/finished development and they can't take care about all mods compatibility.

For my part I will not report again in RHS feedback.

Thanks for letting me express my opinion, I hope you continue improving your mod although my experience with you haven't finished well.

Regards.

• Like 1

What about AH6?

• Like 1

Can i suggest some improvements for the Genforces?

Well even if you dont i am anyway XD 

I think that the Chernarus should be slightly more modern and reflect what some of the post soviet countries are equipped with today, make them a little more competitve/challenging. ATM they feel like a early 80s faction and most Chenarus forces mods reflect this also. You could modernise it just by re texturing some of the existing stuff 

Some things i would add is: (I think the air force is perfect as is) 

Tanks:

T-90S (Export T-90): Bought Several in the last few years. 

T-72 modernised export (OBG. 2012): MBT of Chenarus, acquired 25 from the Soviet Union and have been modernised in recent years 

T-80UK- 1 captured in the Russo-Chenarusian boarder conflict, used as a command tank 

APC/IVF

BTR-80- Many Passed from the Soviet Union and remain in service today 

BMP-2D/K several hundred Passed down from the soviet union due to a storage facility being in Chenarus territory 

BMP-3 50 ordered with 12 delivered 

Cars

Gaz Tigr- Used by local police aswell as by the Military

Humvee- M2 humvees and troop transport unarmed have been sold to Chenarus in recent years

I think everything else is fine as is.  

• Like 2

Can i suggest some improvements for the Genforces?

Well even if you dont i am anyway XD 

I think that the Chernarus should be slightly more modern and reflect what some of the post soviet countries are equipped with today, make them a little more competitve/challenging. ATM they feel like a early 80s faction and most Chenarus forces mods reflect this also. You could modernise it just by re texturing some of the existing stuff 

Some things i would add is: (I think the air force is perfect as is) 

Tanks:

T-90S (Export T-90): Bought Several in the last few years. 

T-72 modernised export (OBG. 2012): MBT of Chenarus, acquired 25 from the Soviet Union and have been modernised in recent years 

T-80UK- 1 captured in the Russo-Chenarusian boarder conflict, used as a command tank 

APC/IVF

BTR-80- Many Passed from the Soviet Union and remain in service today 

BMP-2D/K several hundred Passed down from the soviet union due to a storage facility being in Chenarus territory 

BMP-3 50 ordered with 12 delivered 

Cars

Gaz Tigr- Used by local police aswell as by the Military

Humvee- M2 humvees and troop transport unarmed have been sold to Chenarus in recent years

I think everything else is fine as is.  

CDF will be expanded for sure, it just takes time. Sometimes even simple retexture takes time with some assets as far as I know. For example CDF besides T-72B obr.1984 should also have T-72B obr.1985 and perhaps also T-72B obr.1989, but retexing them is a bit more complicated as far as I know.

• Like 2

CDF will be expanded for sure, it just takes time. Sometimes even simple retexture takes time with some assets as far as I know. For example CDF besides T-72B obr.1984 should also have T-72B obr.1985 and perhaps also T-72B obr.1989, but retexing them is a bit more complicated as far as I know.

yah, i know, i think we'd all rather you take your time and make something quality then rush and make something bad  B)

THis is something Gurdy and me planned: Taking the HMMWVs and putting russian weaponry on it. So a HMMWV with Kord or PKP in full green.

• Like 12

THis is something Gurdy and me planned: Taking the HMMWVs and putting russian weaponry on it. So a HMMWV with Kord or PKP in full green.

Sounds like a nice idea :) could you also add the Ukrainian more or less "Standard Woodland Camo" that looks heavily used?

16254495684_a8273b503b_b.jpg9846913c71bd23cd0e7814eb6a2049d8.i900x60

So, like how the Czech's use theirs, I think they use a Kord and ASG-90. Sounds good 

Czech don't have Kord and "ASG-90" (you mean AGS-30, right?), just soviet leftovers in form of DSHK and AGS-17 at best. IMO possible CDF humvees should have the same weaponry on them. Maybe NSV and PK as well, but definately not modern Kord, PKP and etc.

Regarding camo scheme - standart US woodland will be good (if we assume what CDF received US surplus recently and in mint condition), just slap CDF yellow star in green circle on them and maybe that quick id white lines like in Ukraine.

• Like 3

Just saying it would be nice for the CDF to have somekind of self propelled artillery... ..sometime.

Was personally thinking of a Pzh 2000, But i'm not sure if its credible enough for them to have some.

Czech don't have Kord and "ASG-90" (you mean AGS-30, right?), just soviet leftovers in form of DSHK and AGS-17 at best. IMO possible CDF humvees should have the same weaponry on them. Maybe NSV and PK as well, but definately not modern Kord, PKP and etc.

Regarding camo scheme - standart US woodland will be good (if we assume what CDF received US surplus recently and in mint condition), just slap CDF yellow star in green circle on them and maybe that quick id white lines like in Ukraine.

You're right, it was a DSHK.  :D

Yah and the woodland would be a nice idea. Maybe it would end up something like the Polish Humvees 

http://www.armyrecognition.com/europe/Pologne/MSPO/MSPO_2007_Defence_Exhibition_Poland/pictures/Humvee_MSPO_2007_Defence_Exhibition_Polish_army_001.jpg

• Like 2

Just saying it would be nice for the CDF to have somekind of self propelled artillery... ..sometime.

Was personally thinking of a Pzh 2000, But i'm not sure if its credible enough for them to have some.

As a former Soviet republic in ArmA verse, they would rather use some Soviet made SPG.

Unfortunatly yes. Ive discussed this topic alot with a steam friend, we where in the progress of putting together a private "realistic" CDF. But then you guys came with GREF