Question about the"Tweaks to boat loading (still WIP) "...if i would think its for the Chinook and Stallion ..do i understand it correctly if correct way of loading would be just landing chinook in water and drive the boat inside (ive done that already and works perfect)  are you looking foward to make even some type of script making the boat loading in even on dry surface ..for example preparing the chinook at base before take off ..and if there is any plan making it "slide out " when you on dry surface.. as only way i could get it out so far was to land it again in water and drive out

I got some question for that :)

I've tried it in editor and zeus/rc and worked fine 4/5 times, but when we played today and tested it on dedicated server, 5/5 times zodiac crcc or normal assault boat crashed the chinook or stalion :P

I assume is still WIP right? But actually I just wonna know how this features would be made :) I mean You will just need to drive through :) or make an action on scrool or sth.

Running into a issue. I ran the updater and I am still getting the issues. I am running AFRF, USF, and GREF

When ever I try to place the CH-53E, I get this error.

dT8mGK2.jpg

Running into a issue. I ran the updater and I am still getting the issues. I am running AFRF, USF, and GREF

When ever I try to place the CH-53E, I get this error.

dT8mGK2.jpg

If its the steam version, try verifying the integrity of Cache

Right click on Arma3>properties>click of verify integrity of Game Cache 

Neither of those are CQBR B2s, though.  They're a standard MWS configuration (with various SOCOM parts, of course).

That's exactly what I said and why I'm asking about the M320 (and why I mentioned the GL/SSC in passing).  I've just never found any evidence of a M320 on a CQBR B2, but would love to see one just for my own education.  I think it would work, since it's a Pic rail attachment and I don't believe it needs hangers (like the M203 does), but again, just haven't seen it.

Out of curiosity, I may see if I can find the length of the M320 and then measure it on my CQBR RIS 2 rail, just to see if it all fits in there.   To the Google Machine!

The AR-15.com thread I got those pic links from said that units are having to go back to the KAC rail for their grenadiers now that they're using the M320A1. Could it be that weight of the M320A1 doesn't play well with the detachable 6 o'clock rail on the RIS II? Could possibly be a weak point? The utter absence of Photographs of an M320 on a RIS II rail doesn't seem like a coincidence.

http://i.imgur.com/cObXJa0.jpg 

If its the steam version, try verifying the integrity of Cache

Right click on Arma3>properties>click of verify integrity of Game Cache 

Did that, no files downloaded/updated/fixed and it still does it. 

EDIT:

Reinstalled game, issue fixed. 

• Like 1

EDIT:

Glad to hear you got sorted. Annoying having to reinstall though.. :)

• Like 1

Anybody knows sth on that boat loading on ch47 adn ch53e?

The AR-15.com thread I got those pic links from said that units are having to go back to the KAC rail for their grenadiers now that they're using the M320A1. Could it be that weight of the M320A1 doesn't play well with the detachable 6 o'clock rail on the RIS II? Could possibly be a weak point? The utter absence of Photographs of an M320 on a RIS II rail doesn't seem like a coincidence.

Dont know about rangers, but I got the impression SF use the m320 in a stand alone setup. It's  shame Arma doesnt offer organic 3 weapon support (rifle, pistol and a small grenadelauncher or shotgun for example).

hello,

I have a problem with Linux since 0.4.1.1

Cannot open file '/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/mods/@rhsgref\addons\rhsgref_editorpreviews'
Cannot open file '/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/mods/@rhsfrf\addons\rhsgref_editorpreviews'
Cannot open file '/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/mods/@rhsusf\addons\rhsgref_editorpreviews'

13:10:53 Critical:Destroying running thread!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

thx

EDIT:

Thats strange. The verifying should have found the broken file :/

• Like 1

hello,

I have a problem with Linux since 0.4.1.1

Cannot open file '/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/mods/@rhsgref\addons\rhsgref_editorpreviews'
Cannot open file '/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/mods/@rhsfrf\addons\rhsgref_editorpreviews'
Cannot open file '/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/mods/@rhsusf\addons\rhsgref_editorpreviews'

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

thx

change rhsusf_editorPreviews etc pbos to lower case

@golas - there is no boat unloading function for now

I'm struggling to find out how to use the new

"short/long lights switch in trucks and cars"

Anyone figured out its meaning?

Short/long lights are only available for Kamaz now (which is scope=1 since it's unfinished). you can check it how it's working by spawning it manualy using testCar = "rhs_kamaz5350_msv" createVehicle (getpos player) [type it in debug console]

shortcuts available (hardcoded now): R - to toggle short/long lights, T - toggle cabin lights. when cabin lights are lit it's possible to turn off front lights by pressing R two times

• Like 2

change rhsusf_editorPreviews etc pbos to lower case

thx, problem fixed ;)

Short/long lights are only available for Kamaz now (which is scope=1 since it's unfinished). you can check it how it's working by spawning it manualy using testCar = "rhs_kamaz5350_msv" createVehicle (getpos player) [type it in debug console]

shortcuts available (hardcoded now): R - to toggle short/long lights, T - toggle cabin lights. when cabin lights are lit it's possible to turn off front lights by pressing R two times

That is amazing the toggle for low beams and high beams. Plus cabin lights. You guys do some crazy awesome things. 

Good question.  I doubt the RIS II would be less robust than the RAS, as the RASs can get really wobbly as they wear.  I know the original design of the RIS II had a weakness at the front (muzzle end) that caused them to deform just forward of the M203 hanger slots when someone would really load a bipod mounted on the rail, but I believe it was redesigned and is stronger now.  My M4 RIS II bottom rail is definitely beefed up and different than the pics I've seen of the ones that would bend.  It could just be weight.  A M4 with an Elcan, suppressor, and a RIS II is pretty damn heavy.  Add to that a M320 and maybe it's just easier to lug around a Block 1 M4 w/ RAS and mount the M320 on that.

I have a feeling the reason the M320 hasn't been seen in the wild is just because it's too large to be manageable on the CQBR rail.  Then again, if it fits on the RAS rail...I don't know, I'm at a loss.

Okay, sorry for the continued off-topic (sort of).  I know RHS does their homework, so was just asking because they may have found some data that's interesting (at least to me).

• Like 1

Stupid question, but i cant seem to figure out how to use the Commander MG on top of the T-80UM. How do you gain control of it?

Stupid question, but i cant seem to figure out how to use the Commander MG on top of the T-80UM. How do you gain control of it?

No question is stupid if you do not know the answer ;)

It appears the MG was meant to be usable but some incompetent comrade managed to break it before we got to use it :)

The T-80UE does have a functioning machine gun though the T-80U, UK, U 45, and UM do not. This seems to have been present for a while. The entire T-72B series and T-90 series does, however, have functioning commander machine gun with the "Use NSVT" scripted command, which appears to be absent from the T-80 series (WHAT INCOMPETENT COMRADE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!?!?!? :angry:)

• Like 1

A .300WM with a suppressor on it would still be pretty loud IRL.  So is every gun.  I liked the previous SD rifled sounds better, IMHO.

Look up anyone shooting a suppressed AR.  Notice that they are still wearing ear protection.

No! Sorry-I feel really strongly about this-the suppressed sounds for M4/16 etc are perfect now.I never want them to change! ;)

• Like 3

Any reason why weapons with good built-in flash hiders still have large muzzle flash? 

It appears the MG was meant to be usable but some incompetent comrade managed to break it before we got to use it :)

The T-80UE does have a functioning machine gun though the T-80U, UK, U 45, and UM do not. This seems to have been present for a while. The entire T-72B series and T-90 series does, however, have functioning commander machine gun with the "Use NSVT" scripted command, which appears to be absent from the T-80 series (WHAT INCOMPETENT COMRADE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!?!?!? :angry:)

you can ask here morozov@morozov.com.ua or if you are old school enough here is mail address

SE Kharkiv Morozov Machine Building Design Bureau

126 Plekhanivska St.

Kharkiv 61001

UKRAINE

• Like 11

Sooo....its just for show? I've very confused 

Ok, time for more in depth explanation.

The LKZ designed T-80U have manually operated commander machine gun. However it's placed in such idiotic, awkward position, that making animations for it, is... well.

I even asked here and there, what idiot designed it, and why he designed it like this... well no answer, it's one of the mysteries of the soviet tank industry.

Now, the T-80UE1 uses T-80UD turret, so both of them have remotely controlled commander MG mounted to commanders cupola. T-80UD was designed by KMDB, and they had tradition to design such commander cupolas with remotely controlled MG's.

Once I even postulated among team to just eliminate commander MG from these T-80U's that have it manually operated, even in real life many tank crews remove it, because due to it's placement is practically useless.

Now, I have a theory why it was designed such way, costs! T-80U was expensive in itself so to reduce costs, such a simple commander MG mount was used.

Hope this explains it a bit.

• Like 5

Sooo....its just for show? I've very confused 

In plain English the design bureau is responsible for designing a commander's MG that is practically unusable.

Edit: Ninja'd by damian

• Like 2

Hi Folks,

Been using your US and Russian forces for years - just happened to notice you have a third package hosted in your website - starts with a "G" - the description was a bit vague - is there a better listing of the contents ?

Thanks for all you guys do...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

Been using your US and Russian forces for years - just happened to notice you have a third package hosted in your website - starts with a "G" - the description was a bit vague - is there a better listing of the contents ?

Thanks for all you guys do...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GREF pretty much brings back and expands some factions from ArmA2 like CDF, NAPA etc. It's still WIP, but playable. ;)

• Like 3