Hey guys wonder if one of you could help me out,

I am doing a helicopter mission using unitcapture/unitplay script with the CH-53 but when it comes to land it wont put down its ramp or gear even though I recorded it with unitcapture does anyone know if there is a script that I can put in a trigger for the CH-53 to open its ramp and put down gear?

Thanks in advance.

Unitcapture only records there helicopter movement. You will have to tell it by script to "land" to get gear to come out and "animate" to love the ramp. Googleing "unitplay Landing gear" will work.

L2CUREa.png

RHS Update 0.4.1.1

We hope everyone has been thoroughly enjoying patch 0.4.1 and the new GREF units, particularly on the new Tanoa terrain. We’ve all been admiring the content that people have produced with RHS and this new terrain and we can’t wait for more.

This patch is the major hotfix patch for 1.62 and aside from the bugfixes we’ve also introduced a few toys for people to play with. We believe that this hotfix will resolve all the major errors that occurred post 1.62, in particular, the burst fire mode that was causing lots of problems.

We would also like to announce that the next major patch, 0.4.2, will be the first patch that will officially support Steam Workshop as an alternate way to download RHS mods.

That does not mean you should begin uploading our content to Steam but it will hopefully make it easier for people to acquire and use in the near future.

For anyone who is interested into why we have only elected to support Steam Workshop now please read the post hidden in the spoiler tab below:

Some of you will wonder why we are taking this step now when previously we strictly avoided uploading our mods to the Steam Workshop. It is commonly known within the Armaverse that by uploading your mod to the Workshop, you basically give all rights to Valve. This is only half true, because in Steam Workshop License Section 6, it states:

“Notwithstanding the license described in Section 6.A., Valve will only have the right to modify or create derivative works from your Workshop Contribution in the following cases: (a) Valve may make modifications necessary to make your Contribution compatible with Steam and the Workshop functionality or user interface, and ( B) Valve or the applicable developer may make modifications to Workshop Contributions that are accepted for in-Application distribution as it deems necessary or desirable to enhance gameplay.

You may, in your sole discretion, choose to remove a Workshop Contribution from the applicable Workshop pages. If you do so, Valve will no longer have the right to use, distribute, transmit, communicate, publicly display or publicly perform the Workshop Contribution, except that (a) Valve may continue to exercise these rights for any Workshop Contribution that is accepted for distribution in-game or distributed in a manner that allows it to be used in-game, and ( B) your removal will not affect the rights of any Subscriber who has already obtained access to a copy of the Workshop Contribution.â€

This clause only affects files that the mod creator uploads to the Workshop. So in our terms, it means every *.pbo. The source files and the rights for them are still retained by the original authors. Valve does not take the rights for those from us, nor forbids the EULA anything else.

So why did we take the step to upload the mod to the Workshop?

Because it has several positive effects:

•         The bandwidth and amount of data we are pushing through the internet is unbelievable. With 0.4.1 we reached about 50 TB (yes, Terabytes!) of data volume by the end of the month, while our provider only allows for 30TB of free volume per month.

•         After each release, the download speed for all clients drops dramatically due to the sheer amount of people downloading. Steam's infrastructure is way better at handling this.

•         Steam Workshop, for most users, is comparatively easier to use than our updater.

•         A more streamlined and easier release mechanism.

•         BI's continuing improvements and Workshop integration on the Arma3 Launcher, providing support for automatically downloading mods from the Workshop when needed.

As you can see the list of positive points is quite long but there are definitely some negative points that have meant that we were unable to smoothly transition to Steam Workshop.

These points will be discussed further with the release of 0.4.2 and we hope you can understand and support our movement to the Steam Workshop. Steam Workshop will hopefully allow more users to easily access our mods and allow us to continue to deliver this content without destroying our server bandwidth after each patch :)

Overall we hope that this patch will entertain everyone enough until our next major patch. Be sure to check the changelog for all the new features and toys to play with.

RHS UPDATERS

2bW63VV.jpg

cSg9GVR.jpg

• Like 39

With 0.4.1 we reached about 50 TB (yes, Terabytes!) of data volume by the end of the month, while our provider only allows for 30TB of free volume per month.

You mean to tell me that all the stuff you guys have (unpacked) is 50TB of models, textures, config's and whatnot, or am i misunderstanding it?

You mean to tell me that all the stuff you guys have (unpacked) is 50TB of models, textures, config's and whatnot, or am i misunderstanding it?

No. It means that people downloaded 50TB of data from our release server in less than half a month, on a server that only has 30TB of traffic free. :P

• Like 3

I would assume 50 TB of internet traffic...

• Like 1

no no, means that between may 17 and may 30th over 52TB of data was downloaded from our release server.

• Like 4

That's not what they are saying, they are saying that when they release an update. Their webserver uses upto 50tb of data, as everyone starts downloading the updates as soon as the update is released.

Edit: Ninjaed by soul_assassinballistic09 and easyeb  :dancered:

Edited by R0adki11
ninja
  • Like 2

No. It means that people downloaded 50TB of data from our release server in less than half a month, on a server that only has 30TB of traffic free. :P

Aah, i was like no way their stuff in 50TB, makes sence now, thanks!

Good news!

Edited by R0adki11
no need to quote a wall of text - just say to say good news :(
  • Like 1

What kind of toys? i'm always interested in new toys. Is it the kind that causes Micheal bay levels of explosions? 

• Like 1

You guys are amazing..thanks for the update o7

What kind of toys?

We have changelogs:

AFRF

USAF

GREF

But a kind of summary of new and important stuff from memory:

• Fixes for Arma 3 v.1.62 config error popups
  • Asset preview images for Eden editor
  • Major overhaul of sounds - mostly for weapons at the moment (ongoing)
  • Fixed radio protocols
  • Many models have texture and material tweaks after Arma 3 v.1.60 visual upgrade (ongoing)
  • M24 SWS sniper rifle
  • New rails models for SOCOM AR15s and most SOCOM rifles available in FDE, black or with desert or woodland camo paint
  • Camo paint versions of Mk.11 (SR-25)
  • Visual overhaul of several suppressor attachments
  • Option for manual re-chambering of bolt action rifles, in the RHS menu
  • Ability to set preference for 2D or 3D scopes for applicable attachments, in the RHS menu (some new 3D versions of optics attachments to go with this)
  • Improvements for vehicle behaviours in water (visuals and handling)
  • UN beret for GREF
  • Protec helmets
  • Return of MARSOC units to the editor
  • PEQ-15s that fit HK416 rails
  • DUKE jamming script
  • Low version of the Premier M8541A
  • Empty Rhino mount for the NVG slot
  • US NVG positions improved
  • Like 6

Nice. Going to go sniper some AI with the M24 

Nice work guys. But no change on the FMTV Interior ? :(

Still beeing worked on.

• Like 2

I'm calling it now. Workshop will crumble from the sheer brute force of people downloading this mod there.

It's amazing that 52 TB (TB!!!!) of data gets downloaded from you guys over such a small amount of time. That's really mind boggling.

Congrats RHS team.

• Like 1

Ransom of success probably. You deserve it guys. Thanks for the update, that's great work as always :)

Just an idea, but i thought it might be a good idea to have a Ural Truck with a Mortar in the back like the AA gun. 

Maybe it could be a Genfor thing if you didn't want to do it for Russia

the RHS Menu is screwed up for me is there any way i can change the scope opinion manually?

7A7940094A46E90F17AC5AF8E066145D004FD50B

Thanks for the release guys, looking forward to testing.

Love the new weapons sounds, especially the M4's. Good job, lads.

• Like 2

Thanks so much guys and gals. I have been eagerly awaiting these new weapons sounds-and everything else :)

• Like 2