The impact bar can be quite misleading-also it does not show things like armour penetration. There are a few firing range scripts and missions around that show the actual damage done by each weapon. For example-if you have the SMA mod, they have a test range with this function.

• Like 1

The impact bar can be quite misleading-also it does not show things like armour penetration. There are a few firing range scripts and missions around that show the actual damage done by each weapon. For example-if you have the SMA mod, they have a test range with this function.

LOL, I made the same question on the SMA thread. When I select 300 blk, it shows a smaller impact than any 5.56.

So, I'll not trust the impact bar anymore. Thanks!

• Like 1

Also good job on the Superhind. I did a bit of an excitement wee when i saw that in my game 

Wait Superhind?  WHERE?

Another question here, is there a way to change the default ammo load out for tanks? Or in Zeus? like giving M1028 to M1 or 9M119F to CDF T-72B?
Other than old school way of using init scripts?

The VVS still exists as one of three branches of the VKS, the others being the VKO and the KVR.

Yah, thats why i said they should move the VPVO and VVS together into the VKS to reduce clutter :)

Wait Superhind?  WHERE?

Genfor pack. Its in one of the Chenerus tabs. Its listed as the MI-24G

• Like 2

RHS forces fire single round at Opposing forces.

Is it possible to make default firing mode from single round to auto or burst for AI.

I tested with 2 to 3 US milsim units that,  AI with auto or burst firing mod will suppress players more than single fire.  

For example Syndicate (using Auto default mode) suppressed players more than Russian forces in the mod.

• Like 1

Sorry if its been posted, it didn't come up in a search for me. But...

When i use the RAVEN drone, it fully functions but you can not set a "new target" for the drone to orbit because it says it has no map data on Tanoa. Just curious if its a problem on my end, a mod issue, or if its a BI issue seeing how this is a paid DLC map. 

Looking forward to the next release and keep up the great work RHS.

Sorry if its been posted, it didn't come up in a search for me. But...

When i use the RAVEN drone, it fully functions but you can not set a "new target" for the drone to orbit because it says it has no map data on Tanoa. Just curious if its a problem on my end, a mod issue, or if its a BI issue seeing how this is a paid DLC map. 

Looking forward to the next release and keep up the great work RHS.

The mod needs updating. If you Use the CY-35 mod the map in the cockpit on Tanoa says "No Map Data"  like on a modded map 

• Like 2

The mod needs updating. If you Use the CY-35 mod the map in the cockpit on Tanoa says "No Map Data"  like on a modded map 

Gotcha thanks for the heads up. 

One small issue I stumbled upon: The lights on the T-90s Shtora Jammers aren't lighting up red like they should. A friend showed me screenshots where he could clearly see his lighting up.

Any fix on this? Thx.

• Like 1

One small issue I stumbled upon: The lights on the T-90s Shtora Jammers aren't lighting up red like they should. A friend showed me screenshots where he could clearly see his lighting up.

Any fix on this? Thx.

It is by design. As in real life you would not be able to see Infra Red light emitted by those dazzlers with the naked eye (i.e. from first person view) so in order to see them light up go either to 3rd person view or use the camera (as an extra bonus tip, try looking at them vie NV and FLIR)

• Like 3

That's so sick dude.

Is the red light visible through other cameras, e.g. FLIR pod in TV mode?

Task Force Red Hammer 16.7 is being delayed, better tell those operatives to expedite, they were supposed to reach the Tanoan AO 3 days ago :D!

• Like 1

It is by design. As in real life you would not be able to see Infra Red light emitted by those dazzlers with the naked eye (i.e. from first person view) so in order to see them light up go either to 3rd person view or use the camera (as an extra bonus tip, try looking at them vie NV and FLIR)

Are you referring to the T-90s "red eyes"?

http://www.bestdreamworks.com/hobby/items/1747//h1.jpg

I've dabbled around a little looking into thermal imaging cameras, and came across some resolution specs. That brought up an old question, is it possible to simulate low res displays in Arma 3 like they do in VBS?

See picture below:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/killermonk/TI.jpg

For example, the sensor (CATHERINE FC by Thales unless I researched badly) used in the T-72B3's SOSNA sight complex has a sensor resolution of 754 x 576 px. Older sensors are often much smaller, with blurrier images. Some also use digital zoom as an option.

I am asking because the super-sharp picture that arma gives currently makes it way too easy in MP to spot and ID your enemy. Most squads seem to disable it entirely in pvp. There's the tiny screen simulation in the T-80s, which works brilliantly to show the "looking through a straw" feeling, but the sharp image again breaks the feel of sensor limitation a little. The degree of immersion performance limited IR sensors would give cannot be underestimated too, I think.

I hope I'm not too intrusive with the question, but I am genuinely curious what the options and limitations are.

• Like 1

I've dabbled around a little looking into thermal imaging cameras, and came across some resolution specs. That brought up an old question, is it possible to simulate low res displays in Arma 3 like they do in VBS?

Well in BadBensons enhanced movement mod he has degraded the quality of NVG's-they are quite pixelated and low res. I imagine it can be done for TI as well.

Well in BadBensons enhanced movement mod he has degraded the quality of NVG's-they are quite pixelated and low res. I imagine it can be done for TI as well.

I think that's just a heavy film grain PP rather than a resolution change. Although you might get the same effect.

Which map is that? :o

Tanoa - the main street in Georgetown.

CUP has different models for grass you can place in the editor, and it looks surprisingly good on road surfaces if dense enough. I really want to try and make a scenario where the whole city looks like this, but I can't imagine it would do wonders for frame rate.

• Like 3

Since the apex release the russian voices arent being applied to AI, atleast in zeus.

(Russians are using default nato accents)

This is really cool guys, I appreciate all the things you're working on :P

LbOxfwu.jpgtIjWHJu.jpg

• Like 8

Tanoa - the main street in Georgetown.

CUP has different models for grass you can place in the editor, and it looks surprisingly good on road surfaces if dense enough. I really want to try and make a scenario where the whole city looks like this, but I can't imagine it would do wonders for frame rate.

Try using this command or the 3den mod which enables it in GUI?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createSimpleObject

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31073

In my limited understanding, that and/or enableSimulationGlobal can greatly decrease the total burden of many placed objects. Also, removing them from Zeus is supposed to lessen their impact, I think?

Requests:

Hidden selection textures for:

- SPC vests

- G3 uniforms (rhs_uniform_g3_mc)

.......or am I missing something?

Intent is to make some changes which are specific for 1 military branch.

Hey guys wonder if one of you could help me out,

I am doing a helicopter mission using unitcapture/unitplay script with the CH-53 but when it comes to land it wont put down its ramp or gear even though I recorded it with unitcapture does anyone know if there is a script that I can put in a trigger for the CH-53 to open its ramp and put down gear?

Thanks in advance.