That maybe a solution. But here is one issue.

I would like the latest Russian equipment. I even tried to find a high res Digi Flora texture to create a vector illustration of that as a side project. I could find only low res images online and mostly clothing shots. And not speaking a word of Russian and not being Russian this may be an issue for me because language barriers and not from even remotely close to Russia-Try South Africa. Googling in Russian using Google translate may be an issue. Accuracy etc. Diagrams in Russian and unsure if its factual? Not well versed in the subject matter.

Am I led to believe it is only Zenitco that makes AK trimmings? But that is all I know regards to weapon accessories for Russian Weapons. How do I really "request" things like this and provide credible references etc with again not really any sort of frame of reference. I could find you likely a 150 articles and images on M16's just as an example but if I had to ask for a thermal scope developed by Russia for the Ratnik program. I heard it does exist but where it is regards fielded. Tested. Exact images....well that is where the plot thickens. Thus I think I best not ask?

Regarding Russian and language barriers, i have the same problem, yet i somehow managed to do more russian stuff then US so far. There are workarounds, but it takes time, tons of it. Which somehow some expect us to do it and them none ;)

Zenitco - not the only russian aftermarket AK parts seller, but one of the most used/loved etc that does it on a scale large enough to reach the US as well. Besides the "tacticool" craze is pretty new in the RU part, hence a lot of the parts used before were actually US made, or locally made (CNC, small scale weapon-smiths).

The issues with russian kits and information around them is that (mainly for patent and copyrights reasons which work completely different than in the west), most of the private sector keeps a lot of it under wraps (even the ones that have DOD contracts).

Withing RHS, it isn't that the russian devs are doing russian things and the western ones nato. Quite the contrary the democracy pretty much rules in RHS. 

(to give you an idea, because i had some reports that the gorka i made wasn't 100% accurate - mainly due to mixed refs and alike - i had some help from our VK community and actually bought and had delivered a real one - although i have no need for it otherwise).

TL:DR - if you cannot really confirm something, then yes, it is better not to ask. :) (it goes without saying that no matter what you'd asked we have already thought about it before :P)

• Like 9

The difference in damage is negligible and reflects the size difference of the two warheads, which is 84mm (AT4) vs 72.5mm (RPG26).

• Like 1

reflects the size difference of the two warheads, 

The larger the caliber, the more penetration?
It's wrong.
Then, for example, PM 9 mm. must break through a lot more than M240 7.62 mm.?

The larger the caliber, the more penetration?

It's wrong.

Then, for example, PM 9 mm. must break through a lot more than M240 7.62 mm.?

It's not like that. The caliber is one of the factors, but in rockets the warhead as baker commented matters the most.

9mm Parabellum is broader but shorter 9x19mm (ergo less penetration) and 7.62 NATO is actually 7.62 x 51mm, thiner and longer.

But again what's inside its what defines the penetration, you need something dense like lead or uranium covered by something that doesn't deform easily like copper. The dense material is the one that pushes and he shape assists with the piercing.

• Like 1

Shaped charge warheads penetration depends on several factors, one of them is diameter (calliber) of the shaped charge warhead, general rule is that the larger is diameter the greater is penetration, why?

Two main reasons:

A ) Larger diameter means more explosive that deforms shaped charge insert and transforms it in to shaped charge jet, also more explosive means jet travels faster, which means more pressure in the penetration area, and this means greater penetration.

B ) Greater warhead diameter means that shaped charge insert have larger surface, so shaped charge jet that is created through insert deformation is longer, the longer is jet the greater penetration it have.

Of course there is more in to that like shaped charge insert optimalization, materials used, different penetration levels are achieved if insert is made from copper, or tantalum, or other more exotic materials.

Also larger diameter warhead will create larger after armor effects, in other words, larger warhead is more deadly.

Also it's worth to compare what kind of explosive filler is used, how energetic it is, and how much (how heavy) there is of it inside. One important note, M136 in general is heavier than RPG-26, which suggests that there might more explosive filler in the warhead.

The actuall standard M136 achieves 420mm RHA penetration, while there is also M136 HP variant which achieves 500mm RHA penetration. In our mod we have both standard M136 warheads and M136 HP warheads.

I hope this helps and explains a bit. :)

• Like 1

The caliber is one of the factors, but in rockets the warhead as baker commented matters the most.

9mm Parabellum is broader but shorter 9x19mm (ergo less penetration) and 7.62 NATO is actually 7.62 x 51mm, thiner and longer.

But again what's inside its what defines the penetration, you need something dense like lead or uranium covered by something that doesn't deform easily like copper. The dense material is the one that pushes and he shape assists with the piercing.

I realized, it was a bad example. Forgot about the PM and M240.
Still, the RPG-26 and M136 HEAT. The ratio of their actions on the armor wrong.
Can you fix it?

Still, the RPG-26 and M136 HEAT. The ratio of their actions on the armor wrong.

Can you fix it?

No need for fixing, because everything is ok. We use a different penetration system than vanilla ArmA3, do not suggest yourself with values in arsenal, as arsenal is a bit confused on this subject. ;)

Because penetration is calculated differently in the mod, not by "hit" value in the config.

In our mod we have both standard M136 warheads and M136 HP warheads.

But I'm talking about Ðœ136 HEAT. 

And its penetration is less than the RPG-26. In your mod this is not true.

We use a different penetration system than vanilla ArmA3, do not suggest yourself with values in arsenal, as arsenal is a bit confused on this subject. ;)

Because penetration is calculated differently in the mod, not by "hit" value in the config.

As I wrote, M136 always does more damage to the armor than the RPG-26. It is not associated with an Arsenal. On the armor of mod RHS.
It is a pity that you do not correct it.  :(

Eh, give me some time, I gonna dig in to configs and double check that...

You've already had it explained to you why there is nothing to correct. 

• Like 4

Ok I checked in configs.

M136 HEAT (so a standard version) have a value hit = 235 and penetration = 400mm RHA.

M136 HP have hit = 235 and penetration = 550mm RHA.

RPG-26 have hit = 200 and penetration = 440mm RHA.

To explain, hit value is for damage after the penetration of the vehicle armor, because RPG-26 is smaller calliber, it have lower damage, but have a higher penetration than a standard M136.

Simple as that, there is really nothing to "fix" here. And virtual arsenal can be rather misguiding when it comes to our armor and armor penetration system, as virtual arsenal only uses "hit" value to display specific armament "damage".

• Like 5

PuFu Thanks for the commitment to authenticity and all the work etc.

I'm hardly the only one you should thank if wanna keep things fair. everyone within RHS does this as accurate as humanly possible in a video game

• Like 6

- Blades of Glory -

USMC autorifleman, with Task Force Red Hammer 16.7, takes a knee during a simulated ambush attack, Tanoa, July 10, 2016.

(RHS photo by ilPadrino)

* That specific Marine is really fond of aim-point scopes, that's the reason of odd scope choice.

sllHfbi.jpg?1

• Like 21

Hellfire seems to autodestruct after 5400m.

Is it intended? Seems short.

Hellfire seems to autodestruct after 5400m.

Is it intended? Seems short.

It can be used up to 8,000m (as in real life) and it auto-destroys at about that range.

maxControlRange=8000;

timeToLive=20; (20 sec at 450m/s)

Have in mind possible Arma engine limitations related to your graphic settings. 

Greetings!

I have a vague memory of beeing able to use FIA troops with RHS weapons, but it was a long time ago and now I can't remember how I got that working.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

I have a vague memory of beeing able to use FIA troops with RHS weapons, but it was a long time ago and now I can't remember how I got that working.

We used to have a guerrilla faction in our Russian side mod, but it now has expanded and has its own mod (that requires the other RHS mods, US and Russian). 

It's called GREF (Green Forces), and you can find it here:

http://www.rhsmods.org/mod/3

• Like 1

Oh, I see. Thanks for your reply!

I'm using Alive, but I can't find GREF on their supported factions. Do they work with Alive?

Cheers!

Oh, I see. Thanks for your reply!

I'm using Alive, but I can't find GREF on their supported factions. Do they work with Alive?

Cheers!

That would be up to the authors of Alive to add in compatibility.

• Like 1

It can be used up to 8,000m (as in real life) and it auto-destroys at about that range.

maxControlRange=8000;

timeToLive=20; (20 sec at 450m/s)

Have in mind possible Arma engine limitations related to your graphic settings. 

I was testing it on NAPF map, the HUD showed me "TOF = 11s" and distance being equal to 5501m, after launching the missile I have pressed escape to launch the SplendidCameraâ„¢, only to witness the missile self-destruct approximately 100-150 meters before the targeted BTR60.

I checked the configs as well, it was weird to see it fall short of the target. Maybe something's up with the speed?

I'm running 12k viewdistance with 10k objects on high graphic settings while operating helicotpers.

Just a little suggestion here,
Currently M2 Bradley uses "Tab" to lase target instead "T" like every other RHS vehicle.

I suggest to move this function to T key as well, not only it makes control more consistent, also preventing other mods like ACE screwing up the fire control system.

Just a little suggestion here,

Currently M2 Bradley uses "Tab" to lase target instead "T" like every other RHS vehicle.

I suggest to move this function to T key as well, not only it makes control more consistent, also preventing other mods like ACE screwing up the fire control system.

Correct me if I'm wrong but can you not just change the keybinding in the RHS options?

Also probably better to post this on the feedback forum so that it is seen by the appropriate person.

I'm actually thinking of writing down such a protocol:

Making a request without all the references needed for modelling + texturing  (as in close ups, details, blueprints, full walk-arounds etc) + all the real data for it will not even get a second glance.

That doesn't mean making a proper request means it will will automatically be made for arma, but at least some of the very time consuming work that means searching for proper refs will be made by the one who wants that piece of equipment in. I think it is only fair that way. Also, maybe this way we'll see less requests about shit that doesn't exists, is not fielded etc

You guys could opt for a site like Patreon or a Reddit style system where people could submit requests (within confines and with appropriate info) and let people vote on it. 

Even if you guys just run it in the back and ignore it, at least it'll redirect the posts  :P

Then when you do decide to work on something new there's a place for reference material without you guys having to go hunting.

• Like 1