Hey any chance of this mod ever being on the steam workshop for updating reasons or is it too big files? 

Won't happen, because Steam EULA reasons. Has been stated many times before.

EDiT: damn ninjas man!  ;)

• Like 1

Just a question for the mod devs, What's the biggest SAM system planned for the mod? Will it be just the smaller, mobile units like the SA-9, Avenger, 2S6, ect, or are there plans for the larger radar guided systems like the MIM-104, SA-10, SA-11, SA-6? With perhaps something similar to the pook sampack with spawnable pre-setup battery sites?

BTW, the Mi-28 looks pretty sweet.

It is very good, that RHS team continue their amaizing work.

But i think, that they can make one not big work else(comparing with all their work,of course)...

RHS mod have good M88 "afganka" uniform (with a little bit non-canonical army boots, but it is not a big problem), amaizing Ssh-68 helmet and 6Sh68 ammo bag. We have almost full pack for creating high-quality and authentic soviet troops of the late 80s era. Besides, we already have full widely-used vehicle park of Cold War era in mod (BMPs, T-72s, etc).

We don't have only old vests stuff, like "chi-com"  vest, 6B2/6B3 armor, RD-54 backpack, and mixed scemes with this items.

Of course, we can use modern vests like 6B23 and other stuff, but....it kill all authentic atmosphere...

Besides, we hame some chi-coms and 6B3 in other mods,like CUP or TRYK, but most of RHS uniforms are not compiatible with stuff from other mods (vests just do not placed correctly). So, i think, that RHS team can do:

1) make "chi-com", 6B2/6B3,RD-54 variants, wich compiatible with RHS russian uniforms

2)make uniform in KMLK of KZS camo with standart skeleton, wich compiatible with standart BIS vests and common addons, like you already did with CDKZ and CDF uniforms in RHS:GREF.

With releasing old good islands from OFP, i think, that many players need authentic soviet troops,wich can be used in battles with US units from USM mod. And RHS team can do that best in one step.

there is already two mods out there that take the RHS gear and turn them into afghanistan soviets, and 1990's era Chechnya Russians

go on armaholic and look up:

1st Chechen war period Russian federation armed forces

soviet troops in afghanistan mod

hope this is what you are looking for

• Like 3

camo with standart skeleton, wich compiatible with standart BIS vests 

all RHS addons are using the default skeleton anyways, but it is impossible to get it to work with all uniforms because of the way the weighting system works and different mesh sizes

Hey any chance of this mod ever being on the steam workshop for updating reasons or is it too big files?  

we are considering Steam Workshop for future updates for a number of reasons we will talk about soonish

Won't happen, because Steam EULA reasons. Has been stated many times before.

it was stated that every member (active and former) that has content in current release would need to agree with that SW EULA in order to legally upload it

• Like 8

What is the difference in the CUP AH-64 and the RHS AH-64? Not talking models or anything. I ask because I was messing around the Hunter Six mission by Lato converting it to one or the other to test them both out. With the RHS AH-64 it would engage any targets Laser Spotted judiciously with Hellfires even outside visual range, and the CUP AH-64 had to be almost on top of it and used the cannon much more than the Hellfires.

Hi,

The attention to detail and scope in this mod is unbelievable, and I've been looking forward to a pack to replace the vanilla units with these ones. I've started working on a replacement config, and have been able to update nearly all NATO infantry with RHS gear.

However, I'm struggling with replacing the vanilla vehicles. I've had some luck reproducing more or less the entire config.bin file for a given vehicle, and then assigning the stock classnames, but this is massively inefficient in terms of duplicate lines of code, and I'm worried that it violates the licence, since so much code is reused and only barely modified.

Can I please ask whether the creators of this mod will object to a replacement config? I am happy to provide the code as it stands if you wish to look at it. If this is OK, can I ask if anyone knows of a good guide for replacing vehicles (eg, the Huron with the Chinook)? The replacement guide on the wiki only deals with infantry.

• Like 3

Can I please ask whether the creators of this mod will object to a replacement config? I am happy to provide the code as it stands if you wish to look at it. If this is OK, can I ask if anyone knows of a good guide for replacing vehicles (eg, the Huron with the Chinook)? The replacement guide on the wiki only deals with infantry.

There are no objections, quite the contrary. That said for replacement configs you should really keep most configs as they are in vanilla rather than how they are in RHS (which is thought from the ground up and doesn't always follow vanilla "standards").

• Like 3

Is the RPK-74 being introduced into RHS:GREF ever? Id be amazing to have. Will we see additional gorka camos? I really cant understate how much I appreciate this mod.

RPK-74 is a beast IRL.Saw this in action(Plastic verision aka RPK74M),waaay much better than AK,but weight a lot.

Actually it's needed not for GREF only,AFRF also used that.

Most common units now equiped with a PKMs or PKPs as Squad Machine Gun,but lots of units still uses RPK-74,mostly support units,sometimes - infantry.

As examples - my 1st Semenovsky Rifle Regiment was fully equipped with an RPK-74(1st Rifle Battalion) and RPK-74M(2,3,4 Rifle Battalions).27th Motor-Rifle Brigade also had lots of RPK,meanwhile it's qoute advanced Brigade,cuz they uses BMP-3 and BTR-82/A,which is very uncommon in other units.

and... RHS team,what do you thing about shemaghs on the neck for US side.Quote useful thing,when sandstorm starts in Takistan :P

UT8.CaKXjFXXXagOFbXk.jpg

• Like 1

RPK-74 is a beast IRL.Saw this in action(Plastic verision aka RPK74M),waaay much better than AK,but weight a lot.

Most common units now equiped with a PKMs or PKPs as Squad Machine Gun,but lots of units still uses RPK-74,mostly support units,sometimes - infantry.

As examples - my 1st Semenovsky Rifle Regiment was fully equipped with an RPK-74(1st Rifle Battalion) and RPK-74M(2,3,4 Rifle Battalions).27th Motor-Rifle Brigade also had lots of RPK,meanwhile it's qoute advanced Brigade,cuz they uses BMP-3 and BTR-82/A,which is very uncommon in other units.

and... RHS team,what do you thing about shemaghs on the neck for US side.Quote useful thing,when sandstorm starts in Takistan :P

UT8.CaKXjFXXXagOFbXk.jpg

Oh yeah these are CZECH SOLDIERS IN AFGHANISTAN i think in Logar province. Also good idea it will looks really great! :)

Greets DonbassCZ

Hi,

The attention to detail and scope in this mod is unbelievable, and I've been looking forward to a pack to replace the vanilla units with these ones. I've started working on a replacement config, and have been able to update nearly all NATO infantry with RHS gear.

However, I'm struggling with replacing the vanilla vehicles. I've had some luck reproducing more or less the entire config.bin file for a given vehicle, and then assigning the stock classnames, but this is massively inefficient in terms of duplicate lines of code, and I'm worried that it violates the licence, since so much code is reused and only barely modified.

Very happy to see this work being done. Excellent! Can't wait to play the campaign with RHS replacements.

Three thumbs up from me! Please keep us posted on your progress.

Sent from my iPhone so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

One of our 3d artist promised to make it... Now it's up to you believe if it's going to happen  :D

• Like 4

One of our 3d artist promised to make it... Now it's up to you believe if it's going to happen  :D

...because we don't anymore...it ended up being an internal eternal ethereal myth ;)

• Like 5

Is this where we should all stand around and whisper sincerely "I believe in you-insert hero's name here-"  ;)

• Like 2

Is this where we should all stand around and whisper sincerely "I believe in you-insert hero's name here-"  ;)

doubtfully, but always worth a try ;)

• Like 3

Oh yeah these are CZECH SOLDIERS IN AFGHANISTAN i think in Logar province. Also good idea it will looks really great! :)

Greets DonbassCZ

Oh,just an example of shemagh... Kinda at work yet,waste time between script executions here,just first found photo :P

...because we don't anymore...it ended up being an internal eternal ethereal myth  ;)

well,create RPK is a hard work.Despite it looks almost same as AK74,it also too much diffirent.

Everything there diffirent.Similar is only bolt,bolt carrier and spring(Also spring from old gen AKs),but it's not visible.

Ingame - diffirence between RPK and AK gonna be small,but IRL it's not.Actually I changed my mind about this weapon.You won't be happy to carry that,but firing this must be pure pleasure.Very accurate weapon,able to fire 5 round almost to the same point.AK can't doo that.

well,create RPK is a hard work.

it surely isn't about that, every new weapon we make for RHS is just as hard work making an RPK would be...and it surely isn't about the lack of skill or know-how either, that's for sure. 

in any case, more of an internal joke, hence no surprise you didn't catch it..all good nonetheless 

• Like 4

it surely isn't about that, every new weapon we make for RHS is just as hard work making an RPK would be...and it surely isn't about the lack of skill or know-how either, that's for sure. 

in any case, more of an internal joke, hence no surprise you didn't catch it..all good nonetheless 

Yeah sorry, I should have explained it a bit more. There are certain assets that for some reason are cursed inside RHS, the RPK being one of the most notorious   :D

• Like 3

Is this on the way anytime soon?

PC.jpg

The SPC was decommissioned a few years ago other than that there arent that many inaccuracies regarding the Marine Corps

Any news for armoured humvee development ?  

The SPC was decommissioned a few years ago other than that there arent that many inaccuracies regarding the Marine Corps

Actually it's not inaccurate. Some Marines still use them. For instance, our favourite serving Marine, who also happens to be a RHS member, Wilco, uses it (our model is based in his vest). :)

• Like 1

Actually it's not inaccurate. Some Marines still use them. For instance, our favourite serving Marine, who also happens to be a RHS member, Wilco, uses it (our model is based in his vest). :)

what MOS is he because just about every Marine in the Marine Corps uses the New PC (from what ive heard) The only time Ive heard of SPCs being used in the Marines was when my friend whos an 1812 came back from being in the fleet and he used them in SOI and MCT. and that was around january or febuary of 2015 when he went through training

It's not as simple as "adding" weapons. Currently weapons get made through one of two processes, the patreon vote, or commissioned work. Galil's currently are very low on the patreon vote, three votes low. As for the commission side, there's currently a massive backlog due to the sheer number of those, and none of the commissions that I know are in the burner are for Galil's. I'd like to ask people to please stop asking "will you add X" questions. Because for one, it's not actually Toadie deciding the work order, it's the Patreon, and if you want a say on what gets made, your best chance is to become one.

I think you posted on the wrong thread here mate :)

• Like 2