How about a UH-1 huey? Would go perfect with the tanoa setting.

How about a UH-1 huey? Would go perfect with the tanoa setting.

We already have a UH-1 Huey in the mod :) The Yankee one.

• Like 1

Hi guys just wondering if you have any plans to increase the maximum zero range on your sniper rifles and scopes beyond the 1000 currently set? 

Is that M2A1 Browning a new model? If so will there be a just ironsights version as well? Looking good! Glad we're getting another naval asset!

Yep, the models are brand new and does include the good ole iron sights. They are actually there all the time. Unless of course you have the model which replaces the rear sight with a picatinny rail (no images of that ones out, it's there though).  ;)

https://i.gyazo.com/a9f71afd01ee6577b71c91f414fdcb72.png

• Like 2

For several last patches zoom ironsights of a small arms (mostly American, but to add to it, and Mosin rifle and K98) is less than the zoom of the eye.

This is done on purpose, or is it a bug?

We already have a UH-1 Huey in the mod :) The Yankee one.

You have the UH-1Y Venom for the marines, but not the Huey. There was one in Arma II that I'm surprised you guys haven't added to RHS, it would be nice to have, maybe even in RHS greenfor as an independent vehicle. Just a plain OD green huey.

You have the UH-1Y Venom for the marines, but not the Huey. There was one in Arma II that I'm surprised you guys haven't added to RHS, it would be nice to have, maybe even in RHS greenfor as an independent vehicle. Just a plain OD green huey.

The Huey is the nickname of all the UH-1 family and derivatives. Actually the Yankee that we have is often called Super Huey. 

But I understand you mean the Hotel? (UH-1H) I'm afraid that at this point it's not in our plans. 

• Like 2

Love this mod... amazing collection of artistry and talent that most definitely was a well deserved MANW 1st place winner!!! I held a small bit of frustration with B.I's decision to take this title soooo far into the future, but after consulting with some veteran addon authors they assured me that we could all depend on the community development studios to bring the title to us in more paradigm's and periods of warfare than I could fathom. It would be considered spam to name drop all the dedicated talent that has labored hard to accomplish just that! I am just thankful now to B.I. for the new functionalities, improvements and have even grown to embrace the once hated MX battle rifles. I know this thread is meant for pics, bugs and what have yous, but after a 6 hour session last night I thought it only proper to show appreciation to the guys who made it happen; similiar to thanking a host for sharing their home and time with you after a nice get together. B.I. sets a standard with their titles with exhaustive updates-improvements-and additions and independent developers here easily keep up working twice as hard with half the tools. So thank you very much for all the team has-is doing for all of us here. Unfortunately a new cold war us upon these two great nations. I only wish it could be resolved by the military leadership of both playing a TVT MP match with RHS Escalation!  Wouldn't that be nice? However your team has brought simulated realism of just how shameful and catastrophic it would be for these two powers to have all out war. It is a sobering experience and an emotional one. This game and especially RHS-E is the first gaming experience that i've had in over 30 years of gaming that has drawn out such a broad range of true human emotion in me. I hope/wish that others are able to have these experiences as I do because RHS + A3 brings the true ugly yet beautiful art of a cataclysmic scenario right into your very home.

With all of that being said, I do have a question.... could you guys come up with any way to give individual soldiers more of a human feel? Maybe like dog tags that would generate the assigned names of placed units or last name patches on uniforms? This isn't really a request, more of a curiosity. IMexpO so many titles make aiming down the sights of a fully realistic weapon and shooting another human being very impersonal and inconsequential. The Armed Assault experience has always been more than that and this might be better accomplished through another projects scope. I only ask because of this teams OCD-ish approach to even the most minute detail. GODspeed men/women :292:

• Like 9

With all of that being said, I do have a question.... could you guys come up with any way to give individual soldiers more of a human feel? Maybe like dog tags that would generate the assigned names of placed units or last name patches on uniforms? This isn't really a request, more of a curiosity. IMexpO so many titles make aiming down the sights of a fully realistic weapon and shooting another human being very impersonal and inconsequential. The Armed Assault experience has always been more than that and this might be better accomplished 

Note taken. We already have some ideas in mind on how to achieve it, but we'll see what we can come up with  :)

• Like 9

so for the record, M4 has a louder sound and a flash greater than the M16!

so for the record, M4 has a louder sound and a flash greater than the M16!

Seems accurate to me... I have two .357 S&W revolvers, one with an 8'' barrel and one with a 4" barrel. bullets from both come from the same box and the 4'' "snubby" is much louder and definitely has a much higher muzzle flash.

• Like 1

Less propellant burning inside the barrel, and whatnot.

Less propellant burning inside the barrel, and whatnot.

This, in general you can say that the shorter the barrel the more noise you get

Aussie jungle shopper L1s anyone?  ;)

• Like 1

I think it strongly depends on the Flashhider, the german G36A1 do have a much bigger Flash and are louder, in comparsion too the shorter G36K, because they are still using 7,62mm Flashhider.

I think it strongly depends on the Flashhider, the german G36A1 do have a much bigger Flash and are louder, in comparsion too the shorter G36K, because they are still using 7,62mm Flashhider.

Well yes, a muzzle break increases the weapon sound extremely. That´s why I said in general, meaning the same weapon with the same setup (caliber, ammo, muzzle, etc) just with a shorter barrel

Note taken. We already have some ideas in mind on how to achieve it, but we'll see what we can come up with  :)

Have you seen the way the 3CB BAF guys have gone about it? Randomised gear from a pseudo-identity list (I think) works nicely to break up the uniformity of placed units

• Like 5

Hey guys, Does anyone encounter the problem with missing sound ? I was able to check if:

1. Players who do use rhs mod can hear all weapon sounds + muzzle effect, etc.

2. Players who do use rhs mod can't here weapons sounds other players who don't use rhs mod (even vanilla weapons)

3. Players who don't use rhs mod can't here vanilla weapons sounds other players who do use rhs mod.

Is there any fix I'm not aware of it ?

regards, great mod !

Hey guys, Does anyone encounter the problem with missing sound ? I was able to check if:

1. Players who do use rhs mod can hear all weapon sounds + muzzle effect, etc.

2. Players who do use rhs mod can't here weapons sounds other players who don't use rhs mod (even vanilla weapons)

3. Players who don't use rhs mod can't here vanilla weapons sounds other players who do use rhs mod.

Is there any fix I'm not aware of it ?

regards, great mod !

The simple fix is if everyone uses the same mods when playing together everything will work. How on Earth anyone can expect for their games to work when using different mods is beyond me...

• Like 5

The simple fix is if everyone uses the same mods when playing together everything will work. How on Earth anyone can expect for their games to work when using different mods is beyond me...

Gee, how about before we get sarcastic and attitude, we actually read his post again? Gee, that's a solid idea...

He stated

Players who do use rhs mod can hear all weapon sounds + muzzle effect, etc.

All players can hear weapons who use RHS weapons only.

Players who do use rhs mod can't here weapons sounds other players who don't use rhs mod (even vanilla weapons)

Stated players who USE RHS, can't hear sounds of weapons from OTHER players using VANILLA or NON RHS. There SHOULD BE ZERO problems with RHS and sound files from other weapon mods. Absolutely, 100% should be no problem. There is no config issue here.

Players who don't use rhs mod can't here vanilla weapons sounds other players who do use rhs mod.

Non players of RHS, cant hear vanilla gun weapons, compared to those who use RHS. Again, not a RHS comparability problem. Should be 100% no issue. 

So, to not be a dick and answer the guy... 

Are you only running RHS and nothing else? No sound mods? Only thing I can think be a Sound Mod issue. If you are 100% RHS only and stock A3, then sounds a deeper problem. Which your post stands IMHO.

Some people just want to watch the world burn or can't even read.... Yes, we all hate the people who don't use common sense in ARMA, and can't take the 2 mins to read about Mods and how they work... But if we all had your attitude Jackal, we'd be League of Legends and its toxicity...

It reads both ways tbfh. Sounds to me like he's got a group where some run RHS and have no issues and some don't have RHS and experience issues. You only need to read point 2 and point 3 - how can those issues be present if the two groups (one group running RHS, and the other group not running RHS) aren't playing together at the same time? 

The main reason I read it how I did is because it has been a well established issue throughout ArmA3's development where if players aren't running identical mods to one-another then they can experience sound issues as he described (some can hear weapons and some can't). So maybe you're the one who should read his post again?

If my reply was "toxic" yours was nuclear waste...

• Like 1

While taking control of a helicopter as a gunner, is there a reason you cannot use the pilot's munitions (usually rocket pod)?

Is any one making or planning a HQ AK mod that sports all the Uber Gucci weapon add ons? I could use it for some story lines that reflect current military operations in the sunny parts of the world.