When you switch from the desert M4's to a pistol and then back to the M4, it loses it's desert texture and becomes black again.

Basically in the editor you have the normal US army and when you select classes such as Rifleman, Team leader etc. they all have no shoulder flashes. if you go to the US paratrooper classes and select just a regular rifleman he has the 101st uniform. Also i know that you have an option to select a '101st rifleman' alongside '82nd rifleman' under the desert paratroopers (strangely not available for the woodland paratroopers) but if you just select a regular 'rifleman' class he also has 101st uniform. don't know if that makes sense, and if you would like me to put it on the feedback tracker i can. But yeah hope that clears stuff up for you.

I'm afraid there're no US Paratrooper classes in RHS, I triple checked it (I even checked possible translations), we do have paratroopers in our Chernarus Army, maybe you are confused by them? Could you please check it with only Arma 3 vanilla and RHS: USAF?

As today, the 82nd Airborne Div and 101st Airborne Div are only available inside the Infantry (UCP/ARB) and Infantry (OEF-CP/ARB), being ARB the official US Army contraction of Airborne in the division's title. They are the Army's elite regular light infantry units. 

XgPPeS1.jpg

Congratulations on the new release! I take it there are no upgraded vehicle models in this update?

I take it there are no upgraded vehicle models in this update?

We included a good amount of new vehicles and improved some of the "old" 3D models too.  :)

I'm afraid there're no US Paratrooper classes in RHS, I triple checked it (I even checked possible translations), we do have paratroopers in our Chernarus Army, maybe you are confused? Could you please check it with only Arma 3 vanilla and RHS: USAF?

AFAIK the 82nd Airborne Div and 101st Airborne Div are only available inside the Infantry (UCP/ARB) and Infantry (OEF-CP/ARB), being ARB the official US Army contraction of Airborne in the division's title. They are the Army's elite regular light infantry units. 

right i've worked out the loss in translation. I'm used to airborne just meaning paratroopers and air assault meaning helicopter born infantry. I also forgot that the 101st retained their airborne tab even though they don't jump anymore. so yep gonna hold my hands up and say my brain wasn't switched on 100% sorry if i caused a minor panic  :lol:. but while i'm here and have your attention the UCP/ARB faction doesn't have the choice of 82nd and 101st rifleman unlike the OEF-CP/ARB, don't know if that's choice or something.

100% sorry if i caused a minor panic  :lol:.

No problem. I work in so many configs that at some point me or someone else can make mistakes, I just wanted to make sure to correct any mishap. We have so many units  :) 

In case you are curious, I added the 101st because it's the Div where one of our members was NCO in.

the UCP/ARB faction doesn't have the choice of 82nd and 101st rifleman unlike the OEF-CP/ARB, don't know if that's choice or something.

It's definitely not per choice, I'll check that out.

In case you are curious, I added the 101st because it's the Div where one of our members was NCO in.

oh cool so its a nice little kudos to him  :)

Dont know this has been reported yet. But the ZU 23 on the back of the Gaz truck dosnt have a gunner position and therefore cant be used. Is this by design or did it slip trough the testing?.

Also there is no "cross hair" for the gunner in the M1117 there is only a window that you look trough. Is this how its supposed to be? Just wondering since it differ from the original version of the vehicle from Cleggy.

Anyway love the new update all the new weapons and vehicles are amazing.

ps any chance of getting iron sights on the MP7?

I'm not sure if it's just happening to me, or if it's happening to anyone else, but does anyone else hear what sounds like someone cycling a bolt on the m107? Either that or its the guy's bones cracking. Also does the Mk 5 SOC have the capabilities to launch and land rhibs as of yet? Lastly, any chance of using the MELB m134 sounds as a replacement to the ones that are on the blackhawks because they sound sweet.

About that FROG-M81: Isn't that just a little edit in the texheaders.bin?

Also there is no "cross hair" for the gunner in the M1117 there is only a window that you look trough. Is this how its supposed to be? Just wondering since it differ from the original version of the vehicle from Cleggy.

You have to press numpad + to zoom in, then it will show the crosshair.

Thanks RHS team, amazing update, love it :)

You have to press numpad + to zoom in, then it will show the crosshair.

Thanks RHS team, amazing update, love it :)

Ah ok. Thanks dude didnt know that.

Thanks so much for the paradrop waypoint, I've always wanted something like that in Arma 3!

Also, what kind of factions are you planning for GREF in the future? It would be great to see a new faction that introduces a lot of assets that are not American or Russian

ADDED IN 0.4.1

Added ZSh-1-2

for AFRF but i cant find it! where is it?

Hi i have a quick question do you guys plan on adding aav's, lav's or Stryker's?

Updated mod v0.4.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Red Hammer Studios , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

@RHS Team - The changelog states that gorka wound textures were added or fixed but I cant seem to get them to appear on the unit? Posting in here instead of creating a ticket as the the issue was apparently fixed...

Same for anyone else or is it my end?

Cheers!

Hey gents, I've been playing around with the 'Paradrop Infantry' waypoint and noticed that when using helicopters such as the MI-8 the helicopter will wait until all paratroopers hit the floor and then proceed onto next waypoint.

Is this a bug or intentional?

If it is intentional is there a way to make the aircraft proceed to the next waypoint as soon as paratroopers have left the aircraft rather than sit stationary while they slowly fall?

It was bug, I haven't tested this waypoint with helicopters that much (concentrated with cargo planes, not only ours but some 3rd party ones too). It will be fixed in next hotfix which should arrive shortly after 1.60 official release ;) I also added maximal delay for parachute opening since before, if heli had speed near zero then parachute could open on the ground ;)

Okay, thanks for reply mistyronin and Redphoenix

I try yesterday the RHS paradrop waypoints in the Eden Editor and have one problem.

I spwan an empty C130 with two RHSAFRF Pilots and it works with inf as AI and player. But it doesnt work with an empty BMD2. I use the vehicle paradrop waypoint and i put the BMD in cargo from the C130. But nothing happens.

Have I something forget or doing wrong or is this a bug?

PS: and maybe a IL-76 for the russians...

have you attached bmd-2 first?

see at 0:05. there is attach cargo option

here you have example mission

http://reyhard.armacenter.pl/arma3/bmd_paradrop.Stratis.rar

notice that I changed behaviour to Careless since otherwise C130j will do kamikaze run on you (because AI still use fighter procedures) ;)

• Like 1

The M107 appears to be made of paper and/or unobtanium... I can carry that and a pack full of mags on a 10K run and barely get winded :wub:

• Like 2

Now that I have had the time to play a little bit with all the new stuff allow me to post some minor feedback and general remarks. I’ve only been able to play with the US side so far, because the amount of new content is staggering. It’s absolutely amazing how much one single mod can change the Arma experience so much. Aside from the occasional troubleshooting issue I don’t think I’ve ever booted Arma up without RHS loaded. I have to apologize for the crappy screenshots. It seems splendid cam is still bugged on the devbranch as I'm unable to hide the interface.

Multicam 

As someone who is a big fan of Cunico’s work I was more than elated to see his Crye G3s feature in this RHS release. They’re simply amazing and we’ve got  five different versions of it as well. I’m not a fan of this particular set of mechanix glove though (as I’ve stated in the spec 4 gear thread). Would love to see a more subdued color scheme, but it’s a really minor complaint. 

I do have a question for Sabre regarding his multicam textures. As always your texture work is among the best (if not the best)in the community. The m81 woodland texture is especially impressive. However, the G3s feature a darker and a more contrast rich multicam texture compared to the regular combat uniforms, SPCS, IOTV and backpack (example 1, example 2). I prefer the slightly lighter variant as it blends in more with the terrain in arid environments, whereas the G3 multicam now sticks out at longer ranges due to the increased contrast and overall darker hue. It’s now similar to the m81 woodland pattern from a distance, which negates the advantage of multicam on arid terrains. This isn't really a complaint, just something I noticed.  

Vests 

The combination of SPCS vests and Zee’s amazing work with the US army soldier models finally make them look human! I was wondering about the pouches and gear you placed on the new SPCS vests though. They're the same as on the IOTV, which are ported form Arma 2 OA I think? Will the fully fleshed out SPCS line feature the new models used on the USMC SPC vests? Truthfully I’m not that knowledgeable on the types of pouches used by the US Army so maybe the new assets would be inappropriate on the SPCS vests. That said the new pouches look generic enough to use on most carriers. Of course they will need to be retextured which I realize is easier said than done.

Accessories

One of Arma 3s greatest features is the ability to mount different items on a particular weapon system.  So naturally I get a little bit excited every time a new accessory is added. This latest patch has not disappointed in this regard, e.g. Warden_1s excellent WMX 200 flashlight, Zee’s and Pufu’s ir pointers and optics. Now regarding the ‘western’ accessories. Currently there is some discrepancy between the colors of the individual accessories. The worst ‘offender’ is the new Peq15. Could the texture be altered slightly to resemble a flat dark earth color? It’s a really minor thing, but it’s too dark at the moment. Regarding the new PVS optic, I appreciate the weathering effect, but maybe this much dust on the glass itself is slightly excessive  ;)

Ever since the ballistic glasses were added (after being graciously donated by the BWMOD) I’ve been wondering if they were intentionally non reflective. Would it be possible to add a light reflective effect to them which is also present on the vanilla eyewear? On the subject  of really minor things, can we expect some (IR) flags on those incredible new Opscores Warden_1 has made? They’re already on the various mich models and it would be great to see them on the Opscore variants as well. Ideally I’d love to see custom patches for helmets and carriers as well, but that is something only BIS can change.

Texture quality

I was thrilled to see the m72a7 being added to the arsenal. Love the ability to mount a peq on there as well. Having to prepare the launcher for use adds a lot to the immersion. A fine example of how a small feature can have a big impact. My only complaint lies with the texture quality. More specifically the downgrade from highest settings to high. Overall the model has very clean looking textures, but only on the highest texture quality settings. The sight becomes unusable on any setting other than the highest. Highest quality, high quality. Incidentally, the Peq 15 disappears whenever you fire the launcher. I’m guessing this is due to the script swapping in a new model? Not a big deal as it’s a disposable weapon anyway. Unfortunately other items also suffer from a disproportionate reduction in texture quality. Now to be fair, the problem could be on my end (due to my shitty pc). However, the leap in texture quality isn’t as severe with vanilla assets being downgraded. Regrettably I forgot to take screenshots to serve as an example, but I can add some specific examples later.

Sounds

Will you gradually update the weapon sounds to take advantage of the new soundscape? It seems some of the weapons already have the new distance based shaders implemented (I think some of the pistols), but most of the rifles do not.

External contributors

Lastly, I was very happy to see the Mk. V SOC and MELB mods incorporated into RHS. Regarding the former, Hatchet hasn’t made an appearance on the forums for quite some time. He mentioned something regarding health issues. Do you know if he’s alright? Also, can I remove the original Mk. V SOC and MELB mods now? Or are there differences between the RHS and standalone versions? As multiple mods now have been brought to the RHS fold, I guess this is as good a place to ask as any. Will you consider adding Ollis F35 to the mod at some point in the future? It’s hands down one of the most beautifully modeled and textured assets for the game and it saddens me that it doesn’t receive regular updates anymore. 

Anyway, enough rambling. It’s mostly nitpicking anyway, but I figured I’d post it anyway. Now to try the new faction and the Russian side. Once again, thanks for the hard work guys and gals. Really appreciate the attention to detail and dedication the team has brought all these years.  

• Like 3

I hate RHS guys for all the guns in new update specially US side, waking me up all night.

:icon_dj: textures and models.

I stopped playing arma in field and staying back at base looking guns in Arsenal for past 42 hrs. You guys put standard so high that I cannot like any other mod.  

I have a request for your gunsmith. I am so sorry for requesting but I cannot control myself.....  

I see a lot of MK17 or ScarH in Arma3 but all the mods have one thing missing.

2617591.jpg

For me its not only a gun, its an eye candy......lol

• Like 1

Texture quality

I was thrilled to see the m72a7 being added to the arsenal. Love the ability to mount a peq on there as well. Having to prepare the launcher for use adds a lot to the immersion. A fine example of how a small feature can have a big impact. My only complaint lies with the texture quality. More specifically the downgrade from highest settings to high. Overall the model has very clean looking textures, but only on the highest texture quality settings. The sight becomes unusable on any setting other than the highest. Highest quality, high quality. Incidentally, the Peq 15 disappears whenever you fire the launcher. I’m guessing this is due to the script swapping in a new model? Not a big deal as it’s a disposable weapon anyway. Unfortunately other items also suffer from a disproportionate reduction in texture quality. Now to be fair, the problem could be on my end (due to my shitty pc). However, the leap in texture quality isn’t as severe with vanilla assets being downgraded. Regrettably I forgot to take screenshots to serve as an example, but I can add some specific examples later.

Maybe surprising, but the big texture drop here is because the textures are 4096*4096.

The game wont display textures at that resolution at all unless you run Very High video settings. It's actually an issue that blackpixxel addressed in the standalone TF47 launcher pack, where other US launchers in RHS come from (but the RHS LAW itself, is by j0zh94). Seemingly causes some headscratching for users, who generally think of high-res texture files as king in graphical fidelity regardless of the engine.

Downscaling them to 2048*2048 while allowing for more consistency across other graphics settings, is probably going to result in the range numerals being a bit blurry anyway in this case (though perhaps not as blurry as how they are downscaled by the ingame mip-mapping).  Really It's something that would need to be addressed by reconfiguring the use of UV space and texel density in the model.

At any rate, zeroing information on the sight matches the value in the UI on the top-right of the screen, so the weapon is hardly "unusable".

• Like 1

Mk. V SOC.... so the cargo space is still less than a Quad... I was under the impression it would be reconfig. Or will it be "fixed" when he(Hatchet is fine) finishes the static gun(M2hb,134 etc) stuff?