Hey guys

First I wanted to thank rhs for providing such realistic high quality mods to the arma community. You are just awesome!

But with the new gref mod i do have problems. I downloaded at armaholic and unpacked with 7zip. AFRF and USF are updated and activated in steam with mod folders. If i launch arma 3 the mod doesnt even show up to me. I also downloaded a Second time but same result. Can anybody help?

And a other question is. The green beret in the VA for the russians, for wich units is this?

I know the black one is for the VMF and the blue one is VDV.

And you also planing to add a red beret for the MVD? (just a question)

The green beret is Russian military police. For the red, it depends on clima_x if he decides to do one, but I'm pretty sure he will.

HI guys, 

First of all want to say a massive thank you to the RHS team for this outstanding mod! 

However with the latest update you added the GREF forces, ive downloaded, and done all that jaz, the folder size is around 500mb, but nothing is showing up in game, 

Any ideas?

HI guys, 

First of all want to say a massive thank you to the RHS team for this outstanding mod! 

However with the latest update you added the GREF forces, ive downloaded, and done all that jaz, the folder size is around 500mb, but nothing is showing up in game, 

Any ideas?

Have you activated the mod with either a command-line parameter or through the (shit) launcher?

Did you guys re-weight the models or my Russian soldiers are suffering the vile consequences of severe budget cuts?  :P

Fantastic update as always guys.

Great update! Will you add more versions 6Ш116 УМТБС? Vesions with radios, headsets, for MG and DM?

For those asking about a PWS update I've sent them a tweet asking for info but the RHS guys may have to update it them selves it seems. (I agree its getting stupid that a major mod distributor is so slow on major mods) 

Little facepalm moment for myself here... I remember seeing the update pop-up in my Facebook feed and thinking how smart it was to use 'facebook milestones' for such things, and still I totally missed reporting it to Sonsalt, our mod manager.

Thanks for the tweet, we're working on it. Including the release of the new faction.

I've always been a major fan of RHS, remember meeting one of the guys at his graduation exposition at the same place I studied all those years without even knowing.

Really top notch team and the dedication over all these years keeps amazing me.

The changelogs look amazing! We will post here when the update is out on our system too

Thanks for update, but i really miss one thing - new sounds for new weapons. M-21 sounds like M4, Kar98 sounds like GM6 Lynx and et cetera. Hope laxemann or someone other will help you with it soon.

Anyway, great update with a lot of content ;)

Have you activated the mod with either a command-line parameter or through the (shit) launcher?

Same Problem here. i activated rhs afrf and usf. They are working and yes gref is also activated but shows not up. I suspect there may be a problem with The armaholic file or the manual folder installing.

I've been trying your new version on Dev v1.61 build and PKM bullets have a strong orange color, they almost look like orange crayons. Is it because of the new lighting?

Same Problem here. i activated rhs afrf and usf. They are working and yes gref is also activated but shows not up. I suspect there may be a problem with The armaholic file or the manual folder installing.

Installed GREF via Armaholic : no problem to report on my end.

technically its part of the new website but i suppose this part you can see: http://test.rhsmods.org/class

Would it be, by any chance, possible to make the URLs of class documentation understandable? Like, http://test.rhsmods.org/class/620ad490-3f5a-420c-bea0-6fb933396186

I assume the sting after the last slash is generated as an id, no?

Some ironsights for some M4/M16 variants seem to be bugged when zeroed at certain ranges( think 250m,350m,450m etc.., but i'm not sure)

uhm? there is no such zeroing on M4/16 with or without carryhandle

Installed GREF via Armaholic : no problem to report on my end.

thanks for the intel. maybe somehow i am causing an error but i dont get why. i installed over 500 mods and addons since armed assault and even released templates but i dont get what the hell i am doing wrong.

Great work on the GREF, but I can't seem to make it work with alive, which is odd since the previous RHS-factions works perfectly with it.
I even tried switching out the GREF factions for the standard ones and then it worked, so I presume these are yet to be made compatible with alive? 

• Like 2

I believe he's talking about the M4A1 PIP with the Matech BUIS.

Thanks for update, but i really miss one thing - new sounds for new weapons. M-21 sounds like M4, Kar98 sounds like GM6 Lynx and et cetera. Hope laxemann or someone other will help you with it soon.

Anyway, great update with a lot of content ;)

Laxeman did some holliday. Sounds will come ;)

I've been trying your new version on Dev v1.61 build and PKM bullets have a strong orange color, they almost look like orange crayons. Is it because of the new lighting?

​Ehhhh... How about you let us work on fixing things for 1.60 first? :P

• Like 2

I believe he's talking about the M4A1 PIP with the Matech BUIS.

as I said, I only noticed wrong anims on Mk18 but there is no single rifle on USAF side with 250 or 350m zeroing

Little facepalm moment for myself here... I remember seeing the update pop-up in my Facebook feed and thinking how smart it was to use 'facebook milestones' for such things, and still I totally missed reporting it to Sonsalt, our mod manager.

Thanks for the tweet, we're working on it. Including the release of the new faction.

I've always been a major fan of RHS, remember meeting one of the guys at his graduation exposition at the same place I studied all those years without even knowing.

Really top notch team and the dedication over all these years keeps amazing me.

The changelogs look amazing! We will post here when the update is out on our system too

cool who did you meet?

Would it be, by any chance, possible to make the URLs of class documentation understandable? Like, http://test.rhsmods.org/class/620ad490-3f5a-420c-bea0-6fb933396186

I assume the sting after the last slash is generated as an id, no?

its an id yes, and it is used to resolve the class. This cannot be done by name because too many classes share the name and overall we have more than 10000 (thats filtered to only useful ones) so for now this must stay, unless i figure out a better way. If you are wondering why this was working before is that in the previous implementation the document generator was making static html pages so it could give it names on the fly based on the containment. Now the class docs are database driven.

Just wanted to say great work and congrats on the new update. Just a quick question about the under barrle hand grips for the m4, m4a1 and the hk416. Does having a hand grip selected on the rifle change the supporting hand from holding the mag well to holding the hand grip? Sorry if you have already answered this question before.

Ps: not to sound like an ungrateful person, but I could not help but notice that on the hk416 when you have the peq 15 and flashlight selected.The peq 15 on seems to be inside of the rail instead of on top of it. Hope that I am not kicking dust in to your cake mix, just want you to know. Cheers

Yes, when the inventory change is initialised (e.g. by leaving the Arsenal selection screen to "Try" your current loudout), the script should swap the weapon class for a version with a handanim that matches the currently selected grip attachment. Reyhard is a damn magician!

And the second part with the top-rail PEQ-15: it is known. The current top-mounted one is designed to fit the M4s alone really. The model has to be physically offset a specific distance from the side rail 'origin' position, to match where it will appear relative to the top rail. It clips the 416 rail because the 416 handguard rail is higher up than on an M4 (presumably because of the big fat gas piston running underneath it instead of a little DI tube).

Alternate model variant specifically for the 416 are something that is on the table. But consensus is that RHS need to work on a way of doing it smartly, without filling Arsenal and containers with so many PEQ variant.

• Like 2

cool who did you meet?

It was 6 or 7 years ago at the Grafisch Lyceum in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, so I don't remember his name actually.

Pretty sure he's still a team member though.

Was standing there in a ghillie suite or some other military outfit that caught my attention and as part of his graduation assignment he made a cool short video of a tank driving through a war torn city if I recall correctly.

The second he said he worked on RHS I went into full fan-boy mode, being amazed as I figured the entire team was based in Russia. Showed some cool models that where already damn detailed back then.

Yes, when the inventory change is initialised (e.g. by leaving the Arsenal selection screen to "Try" your current loudout), the script should swap the weapon class for a version with a handanim that matches the currently selected grip attachment. Reyhard is a damn magician!

:O  SORCERY!

• Like 1

da12thmonkey Is that your 552 that's in the latest update?

From what I know that 552 was made by WinteR5. And textures made by sabre?

• Like 1

Just checked out your US parachutists and saw they have 101st patches. Has that division been moved from air assault to parachute infantry recently? Cause i thought 82nd was the only parachute infantry unit in the US army, so if anyone has any info on this i'd be interested to learn  :)