Sarcasm is not your strong point, I see. If you red what I wrote you would know that I wasn't bashing Russian tech. And it have nothing to do with rounds being newer or older. Any 125mm AP (or 120mm) will kill every IFV, no matter what.

No need for overreacting.

http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/du_ii/du_ii_tabh.htmas you see 120/125mm AP round doesn't cause 100% destruction of IFV as long as you don't hit some critical part of vehicle

• Like 1

I tried to replicate the Bradley bug, no joy, placed 3 Bradley M2A2's onto the desert map, and could immobilise and destroy them with every single RHS MBT.

Sometimes the first round would only disable them, but the crew still bailed out, but never seen any take more than 3 hits between with ranges between 800-1200 M's

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I figure the devs would have the best answer. I've got a modded version of Liberation that replaces nearly all of the vanilla content with RHS and swaps East and West. One issue I'm not sure how to fix is that the repair/rearm/refuel script does not repair the RHS vehicles, could someone help me out with this? If possible I'd like to keep the ability to rearm vanilla vehicles. See attached script.

private [ "_resupply_dist", "_repair_increment", "_repair_speed", "_repair_altitude", "_veh", "_repaired", "_rearmed", "_refueled", "_average_damage", "_average_fuel", "_screenmsg", "_rearm_time", "_refuel_amount", "_rearm_ticker" ];

_repair_amount = 0.01;
_repair_speed = 2;
_repair_altitude = 2;
_resupply_dist = 30;
_rearm_time = 60;
_refuel_amount = 0.02;
_rearm_ticker = 0;

while { true } do {

_repaired = false;
    _rearmed = false;
    _refueled = false;
    _average_damage = 0;
    _average_fuel = 0;
    _screenmsg = "";

_veh = vehicle player;

if ( _veh != player ) then {
        if ( effectiveCommander _veh == player ) then {
            if ( (speed _veh < _repair_speed) && (((getPosATL _veh) select 2) < _repair_altitude) ) then {

if ( count ( (getpos _veh) nearEntities [ vehicle_repair_sources , _resupply_dist] ) > 0 ) then {
                    if ( damage _veh > 0 )  then {
                        _repaired = true;
                        _average_damage = (damage _veh) - _repair_amount;
                        if ( _average_damage < 0 ) then { _average_damage = 0 };
                        _veh setDamage _average_damage;
                    };
                };

if ( ( count ( (getpos _veh) nearEntities [ vehicle_rearm_sources , _resupply_dist] ) > 0 ) && ( _rearm_ticker < _rearm_time ) ) then {
                    _rearmed = true;
                    _rearm_ticker = _rearm_ticker + 1;
                    if ( _rearm_ticker >= _rearm_time ) then {
                        [ [ _veh ], "F_rearmVehicle" ] call bis_fnc_mp;
                    };
                };

if ( count ( (getpos _veh) nearEntities [ vehicle_refuel_sources , _resupply_dist] ) > 0 ) then {
                    if ( fuel _veh < ( 1 - _refuel_amount ) )  then {
                        _refueled = true;
                        [ [ _veh, (fuel _veh + _refuel_amount) ], "F_setFuel" ] call bis_fnc_mp;
                    };
                };
            } else {
                _rearm_ticker = 0;
            };
        } else {
            _rearm_ticker = 0;
        };
    } else {
        _rearm_ticker = 0;
    };

if ( _repaired ) then {
        _screenmsg =  format [ "%1 : %2%3", localize "STR_REPAIRING", round ( 100 - (_average_damage * 100) ), "%" ];
    };

if ( _rearmed ) then {
        if ( _repaired ) then {
            _screenmsg = format [ "%1 - ", _screenmsg ];
        };
        _screenmsg = format [ "%1%2", _screenmsg, format [ localize "STR_REARMING", _rearm_time - _rearm_ticker  ] ];
    };

if ( _refueled ) then {
        if ( _repaired || _rearmed ) then {
        };
        _screenmsg = format [ "%1%2", _screenmsg, format [ "%1 : %2%3", localize "STR_REFUELING", round ( (fuel _veh) * 100 ), "%" ] ];
    };

titleText [ _screenmsg, "PLAIN DOWN" ];

sleep 1;
};

I tried to replicate the Bradley bug, no joy, placed 3 Bradley M2A2's onto the desert map, and could immobilise and destroy them with every single RHS MBT.

Sometimes the first round would only disable them, but the crew still bailed out, but never seen any take more than 3 hits between with ranges between 800-1200 M's

So what can cause the issue then? I tried every dificulty, all settings, and they allways aim too high. than cant be caused by my end. BTW 3 hits is much for IFV....

EDIT: Look where the tanks aim :

Hi, firstly let me say that this is a great mod and you have put an unbelievable amount of effort into it, so yeah thanks for that.

I wonder if someone could clear up something for me about using this with ace 3, I have both installed and don't seem

to have any issues however ace 3 comes with some optional files for various mods but has no information on what they do or if they are even

still needed. I see 4 files inside the optional folder within ace 3 with "rhs" in their names and I would just like to know if there are any more

that are needed or if I even still need them. sorry If I missed this somewhere within instructions for ace or the rhs mods, they are as follows, 

ace_compat_rhs_afrf3.pbo

ace_compat_rhs_afrf3.pbo.ace_3.5.1.0-0add2369.bisign

ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo

ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo.ace_3.5.1.0-0add2369.bisign

If someone could confirm that I just need these that would be great.

P.S bonus points for anyone who can recommend some good sp or coop scenarios or campaigns for the rhs mods 

as the search function on armaholic and the workshop kinda suck noodles.

Thanks for any help

P.S bonus points for anyone who can recommend some good sp or coop scenarios or campaigns for the rhs mods 

Thanks for any help

i'll take those bonus points :) These are all pretty great scenarios with a good mix of play as the US or Russia from HanoMag(RUS) http://steamcommunity.com/id/HanomagRUS/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

And these are awesome too- http://steamcommunity.com/id/victorguezESP/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

I haven't seen a Russian deny the facts this hard since the Russian federation "totally did not" invade the Ukraine.

It may not chart the course of nations but RHS AFRF/USAF is a fantastic example of cooperation between people of both nations (and many others no doubt).

It would be great if RHS users could leave US/RU politics out of the discussion.

• Like 4

Folks-back on topic please.

Did a little thread clean up-the RHS thread is NOT the place to discuss Russian-Ukrainian relations.Thanks.

• Like 6

Hi, firstly let me say that this is a great mod and you have put an unbelievable amount of effort into it, so yeah thanks for that.

I wonder if someone could clear up something for me about using this with ace 3, I have both installed and don't seem

to have any issues however ace 3 comes with some optional files for various mods but has no information on what they do or if they are even

still needed. I see 4 files inside the optional folder within ace 3 with "rhs" in their names and I would just like to know if there are any more

that are needed or if I even still need them. sorry If I missed this somewhere within instructions for ace or the rhs mods, they are as follows, 

ace_compat_rhs_afrf3.pbo

ace_compat_rhs_afrf3.pbo.ace_3.5.1.0-0add2369.bisign

ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo

ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo.ace_3.5.1.0-0add2369.bisign

If someone could confirm that I just need these that would be great.

Thanks for any help

This really dude is more of an ACE 3 topic rather than RHS. However, from my understanding the compatibility files sync RHS weapons with the ACE advanced ballistics. So the RHS Marksman and sniper rifles will have the use the milling for zeroing the distance and can use advanced functions like the Kestral and ATRAG MX to range their targets. There might be more features the compat files enable but I'm not sure, I've never been able to get a straight answer from anyone about what they fully enable.

Anyway to get those files to work just copy and paste them into any addons folder. Typically this would be your ACE3 > addons.

But keep in mind it will make your ACE incompatible with servers running vanilla ACE3. My group plays joint ops with two other groups on a regular basis and before each game we have to go into our ACE 3 folder and remove those PBOs. So just keep that in mind if you have trouble joining servers after you have copied across the compat files.

This really dude is more of an ACE 3 topic rather than RHS. However, from my understanding the compatibility files sync RHS weapons with the ACE advanced ballistics. So the RHS Marksman and sniper rifles will have the use the milling for zeroing the distance and can use advanced functions like the Kestral and ATRAG MX to range their targets. There might be more features the compat files enable but I'm not sure, I've never been able to get a straight answer from anyone about what they fully enable.

Anyway to get those files to work just copy and paste them into any addons folder. Typically this would be your ACE3 > addons.

But keep in mind it will make your ACE incompatible with servers running vanilla ACE3. My group plays joint ops with two other groups on a regular basis and before each game we have to go into our ACE 3 folder and remove those PBOs. So just keep that in mind if you have trouble joining servers after you have copied across the compat files.

Thanks, I asked here because the ace3 documentation said to, I guess both teams put too much work into their own mods that they don't want to get tied up trying to 

support other mods as well and both just say ask the other guy which is fair enough.

I'll chuck in those 4 files and hope for the best.

Thanks, I asked here because the ace3 documentation said to, I guess both teams put too much work into their own mods that they don't want to get tied up trying to 

support other mods as well and both just say ask the other guy which is fair enough.

I'll chuck in those 4 files and hope for the best.

we said before:

1. we don't have the man power to create compatibility configs for any of the other mods out there (if we would do it for one, we'd need to do it for all, it's only fair), especially since it would require intimate knowledge of how each individual feature work, possible overlaps with our own features etc. We actually don't know how these mentioned features work, since, afaik, almost none of our developer actively uses any of the mods you mentioned

2. since we don't have control over these features, we really don't see it worth spending time on things that could change in the future and break compatibility, especially considering p.1. It is hard enough to keep track with BI's patch to patch changes.

3. it would most likely require 3rd party dependency, which is something we managed to to stay away from so far (CBA)

4. however, we allow and actually encourage people like yourself that would like such compatibility to get their hands dirty and create external, 3rd party addons for this very purpose. There is just so much one could expect from a developer. If it falls outside our scope and own enjoyment, but that particular compatibility would make your happy, by all means, do create it, you don't need out permission to do it, or release it.

• Like 1

Is the T-14 a "one-off" collab, or are other Armata variants planned?

First T-50, then Ratnik, and a T-14? what's next, an RWS equipped Tigr?  ;)  :lol:

• Like 1

I have also sales this in the CUP section so maybe it's a stupid question but how do you rearm the helicopters? Somehow they don't detect the Hemtt Ammo truck

Is the T-14 a "one-off" collab, or are other Armata variants planned?

First T-50, then Ratnik, and a T-14? what's next, an RWS equipped Tigr?  ;)  :lol:

Well, now that I know what the turret on the Tigr is called, yes.

As well as the Kornet Tigr.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I figure the devs would have the best answer. I've got a modded version of Liberation that replaces nearly all of the vanilla content with RHS and swaps East and West. One issue I'm not sure how to fix is that the repair/rearm/refuel script does not repair the RHS vehicles, could someone help me out with this? If possible I'd like to keep the ability to rearm vanilla vehicles. See attached script.

private [ "_resupply_dist", "_repair_increment", "_repair_speed", "_repair_altitude", "_veh", "_repaired", "_rearmed", "_refueled", "_average_damage", "_average_fuel", "_screenmsg", "_rearm_time", "_refuel_amount", "_rearm_ticker" ];

_repair_amount = 0.01;

_repair_speed = 2;

_repair_altitude = 2;

_resupply_dist = 30;

_rearm_time = 60;

_refuel_amount = 0.02;

_rearm_ticker = 0;

while { true } do {

_repaired = false;

_rearmed = false;

_refueled = false;

_average_damage = 0;

_average_fuel = 0;

_screenmsg = "";

_veh = vehicle player;

if ( _veh != player ) then {

if ( effectiveCommander _veh == player ) then {

if ( (speed _veh < _repair_speed) && (((getPosATL _veh) select 2) < _repair_altitude) ) then {

if ( count ( (getpos _veh) nearEntities [ vehicle_repair_sources , _resupply_dist] ) > 0 ) then {

_repaired = true;

_average_damage = (damage _veh) - _repair_amount;

if ( _average_damage < 0 ) then { _average_damage = 0 };

_veh setDamage _average_damage;

};

};

if ( ( count ( (getpos _veh) nearEntities [ vehicle_rearm_sources , _resupply_dist] ) > 0 ) && ( _rearm_ticker < _rearm_time ) ) then {

_rearmed = true;

_rearm_ticker = _rearm_ticker + 1;

if ( _rearm_ticker >= _rearm_time ) then {

[ [ _veh ], "F_rearmVehicle" ] call bis_fnc_mp;

};

};

if ( count ( (getpos _veh) nearEntities [ vehicle_refuel_sources , _resupply_dist] ) > 0 ) then {

if ( fuel _veh < ( 1 - _refuel_amount ) )  then {

_refueled = true;

[ [ _veh, (fuel _veh + _refuel_amount) ], "F_setFuel" ] call bis_fnc_mp;

};

};

} else {

_rearm_ticker = 0;

};

} else {

_rearm_ticker = 0;

};

} else {

_rearm_ticker = 0;

};

if ( _repaired ) then {

_screenmsg =  format [ "%1 : %2%3", localize "STR_REPAIRING", round ( 100 - (_average_damage * 100) ), "%" ];

};

if ( _rearmed ) then {

if ( _repaired ) then {

};

_screenmsg = format [ "%1%2", _screenmsg, format [ localize "STR_REARMING", _rearm_time - _rearm_ticker  ] ];

};

if ( _refueled ) then {

if ( _repaired || _rearmed ) then {

};

_screenmsg = format [ "%1%2", _screenmsg, format [ "%1 : %2%3", localize "STR_REFUELING", round ( (fuel _veh) * 100 ), "%" ] ];

};

titleText [ _screenmsg, "PLAIN DOWN" ];

sleep 1;

};

I think my post got lost or overlooked so I'll ask again anyone have any ideas on how to get this working?

I think my post got lost or overlooked so I'll ask again anyone have any ideas on how to get this working?

check in that condition also for hitpoint damage, i.e. getHitPointDamage "hitHull" engine, etc

check in that condition also for hitpoint damage, i.e. getHitPointDamage "hitHull" engine, etc

I've got a very limited understanding of SQF and from what I've been reading there doesn't seem to be a way to check all hitpoints on any vehicle and then repair them. Unless I'm missing something?

Hey, KOBRA sight for russian sight have great feature of selecting the shape of sight [/] key, but when Under barrel grenade launcher is mounted on rifle, this selection doesnt work.

So sorry for asking this again, but I can't finish my scenario due to the problem that I can't find the right item, object or Hemtt Ammo truck to rearm the AH-1Z / AH-64D ... Other solution is to delete more enemies :p

Hey everyone. I apologize for the really stupid question. I see this mod is only available through torrent via your website. I actually don't know how to download the files using a torrent. I have both the Russian and American files in my downloads folder but what do I do with these torrent files now? When I double click on them Windows asks me how I want to open them but I don't know what program I'm supposed to use.

Would anyone mind helping this idiot with a step by step for what to do once both torrent files are downloaded to my computer?

I need a 3rd party program to download RHS?

So let's say I download utorrent, what do I do then? Is there a mirror available anywhere? I had RHS at one point before I got my new PC and don't remember having to do any of this. I've never used a torrent site before.

I have these torrent files sitting in my downloads folder and have no idea what to do next.

Hey everyone. I apologize for the really stupid question. I see this mod is only available through torrent via your website. I actually don't know how to download the files using a torrent. I have both the Russian and American files in my downloads folder but what do I do with these torrent files now? When I double click on them Windows asks me how I want to open them but I don't know what program I'm supposed to use.

Would anyone mind helping this idiot with a step by step for what to do once both torrent files are downloaded to my computer?

You can get them both from Armaholic the old-fashioned way:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27149

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27150

As far as torrenting goes however, one of the easiest ways to torrent (if you're not going to do it often) is just to download a torrent plugin for whatever browser you use, and it'll make it appear as though you're just downloading like normal.  As far as torrenting programs go, uTorrent is the way to go and you can find a million videos on how to use it.

• Like 1

I see this mod is only available through torrent via your website.

You can download directly from RHS using their updater. Download from the Files section and unzip to @RHS-AFRF/@RHS-USAF (<= or whatever names you prefer) respectively, create an addons subfolder in both directories then run the update batch file in each.

@soul_assassin: If you were to amend the batch files along these lines;

del /s /f "%~dp0addons\*rhsafrf.*.bisign"

It would mean the updater would work with both mods in a single @RHS folder. Small change, useful to some, and it removes a potential point of failure for the unwary.

I've got a very limited understanding of SQF and from what I've been reading there doesn't seem to be a way to check all hitpoints on any vehicle and then repair them. Unless I'm missing something?

just check those which you usually want to fix - so hull, engine & tracks should be sufficient. it will be better to continue it in separate thread over there ;) https://forums.bistudio.com/forum/154-arma-3-mission-editing-scripting/