I'm afraid you didn't understand what Jackal said.

Any mod that adds extra content will provoke compatibility issues in a server, if all the other players don't use it.

That is not necessarily true. Especially for mods that add extra content. If you don't change anything in existing content and play a mission that only uses existing content, then the mod should have no effect. Again, see the example of running CUP or robert hammer weapons mods while playing missions that don't use them.

The best way to play it safe is that all server players use the same content mods  :)

While this is true, it is not always possible/feasible, and in many cases is far from being an actual requirement.

It's the same as if you want to play a CUP mission, but not enough players on your server have CUP, so you play an Altis mission and it works fine.

I was hoping that breaking of sounds of vanilla weapons was not intended and is something that can be fixed. It was stated several times by RHS devs that they don't have plans to do anything that affects vanilla weapons, therefore it would be expected that this kind of compatibility would be feasible. But again, I'm asking here if that's actually true, since obviously I'm not the one who actually made the mod...

I understand the point your trying to make. But it is a ARMA bug not RHS one. We had the same problem when we had admins run a certain mod set that differed a small amount from the other players. 

That is not necessarily true. Especially for mods that add extra content. If you don't change anything in existing content and play a mission that only uses existing content, then the mod should have no effect. Again, see the example of running CUP or robert hammer weapons mods while playing missions that don't use them.

While this is true, it is not always possible/feasible, and in many cases is far from being an actual requirement.

Contrary to popular belief, and the way RHS addons were made for A2 (and precisely what CUP does afaik), both AFRF and USF do add more than content. Indeed, we do not touch vanilla content, but i would say that the issues that you are seeing has to do with the new system we introduced, new dummy classes, event handlers etc

As previously said here, it is not related to RHS mod, it is an engine limitation.

The fix is pretty simple: make sure you are running same version for both clients(all of them) and server.

I do understand this would require more time on how you admin your playtime and games, and there are times where for you personally it might not be feasible for some of the reasons you mentioned above. That said, we do not control how each individual is handling and setup their server, so the fix in this particular case is actually only up to you.

• Like 2

Am I they only one who is quite shocked that someone

I'm quite surprised someone of your standing and experience in the community is making such an elementary error. Either that you're getting windup of the month award.

Are you seriously suggesting that you're wondering why players not running a wide ranging mod that supplies a LOT of extra units joins a server that does run such a mod and then gets unexpected results? Seriously?

A higher post-count â‰  a higher IQ  :lol:

Most mods that add vehicles, units, or weapons would not cause this issue, no matter how much content is being added, so I'm not sure why you guys are acting like galzohar made some kind of heinous mistake.

Because he has. If the server is running a units/vehicles mod such as RHS, everyone on the server needs to have it.

Most mods that add vehicles, units, or weapons would not cause this issue, no matter how much content is being added, so I'm not sure why you guys are acting like galzohar made some kind of heinous mistake.

I'm afraid that in practically all, or at least most of the games, if you don't have the content DLC or content mod / addons the other server players are using, you'll have issues. The OFP / Arma series among them.

So unfortunately, to play as the mod as it was meant to be used, all the server users will need to have it, and with the same version.

• Like 1

Because this is a fairly well known Arma 3 bug that is caused by people running differing versions of addons...

• Like 1

Because he has. If the server is running a units/vehicles mod such as RHS, everyone on the server needs to have it.

That's not true, though. PuFu already said it's because they are introducing new systems, dummy classes, and event handlers.

Galzohar politely asked a question about whether certain behavior was expected, and he based his expectations on how other mods that add content to behave. I don't understand why you would make fun of someone who is politely seeking more information.

I'm afraid that in practically all, or at least most of the games, if you don't have the content DLC or content mod / addons the other server players are using, you'll have issues. The OFP / Arma series among them.

So unfortunately, to play as the mod as it was meant to be used, all the server users will need to have it, and with the same version.

Right. No one is disputing that there will be issues when people are running different mods. I've had plenty of issues where people were running mods they weren't supposed to be or not running mods that they were supposed to be. In Arma, though, if someone isn't running a mod that simply adds new guns or buildings or vehicles, those items just don't show up for them. Vanilla content is often unaffected.

I can completely understand why RHS might cause different behavior, since you guys are doing more than just adding cars and guns, but I also don't think it was unreasonable for galzohar to have expected the things to have broken in ways he was familiar with and to have questioned why it wasn't.

That's not true, though. PuFu already said it's because they are introducing new systems, dummy classes, and event handlers.

It is true. The extra systems Pufu mentions are incidental to Gal's central question. The fact is if a client joins a server that is running a units/vehicles mod and doesn't run it himself, weird shit ensues. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand?

• Like 2

Not necessarily. A well-designed mod will only alter stuff which is within its scope. RHS is a big mod with a big scope up to and including modifying damage and penetration and it is a more than a bit hopeful of Galzohar to imagine it wouldn't affect vanilla attributes but your sweeping generalization that everyone must have always identical mods loaded is just incorrect (provided the mods are well-made and their intended scope isn't gameplay altering).

[...] but your sweeping generalization that everyone must have always identical mods loaded is just incorrect (provided the mods are well-made and their intended scope isn't gameplay altering).

It makes no difference how well the mod is made, what the mod does, or how many times you say bloody-Mary in a mirror as to whether ArmA runs "as expected" if people run differing mod sets and play together.

The simple fact is, its well documented that people running differing mods (be it RHS or [iNSERT TAG HERE]) will have issues including, but not limited to, the inability to hear weapon sounds (as reported by Galhorn in his original post which incorrectly sited RHS as the route cause). 

• Like 1

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to discuss this, but I wanted to know if anyone else was having the same problem as me with the 3D Editor, it seems that when I load into the 3D Editor and spawn a player, once i'm in game in that player and decide to open up Zeus, all of the mods I have currently installed including RHS don't seem to appear but the default factions do, and this includes Mods such as CUP. If I were to restart the scenario the mods would happen to re appear unlike if i were to load into the scenario for the first time, I've tried loading up 2D editor and doing the same and it happens to work flawlessly. Again this probably isn't the right place to be typing this, and i'm sorry for the inconvenience, but i just need re-assurance with this matter. Of course this has nothing to do with you guys and is probably on Bohemia's side if not mine, but i just wanted to know if anyone of you has encountered this problem as of late considering this only started happening in last week or so. And again, thanks for taking the time to read this and good luck for the next release  :) .

kanthepane have you tried double clicking the Zeus module and select load all addons? :)

kanthepane have you tried double clicking the Zeus module and select load all addons? :)

Yes I have including selecting all unofficial addons aswell, at this point i'm just going to have to wait until the next patch for 3D editor comes whenever that will be because it only seems to be a problem with the 3D editor, but thanks for taking your time to comment, much appreciated. 

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to discuss this, but I wanted to know if anyone else was having the same problem as me with the 3D Editor, it seems that when I load into the 3D Editor and spawn a player, once i'm in game in that player and decide to open up Zeus, all of the mods I have currently installed including RHS don't seem to appear but the default factions do, and this includes Mods such as CUP. If I were to restart the scenario the mods would happen to re appear unlike if i were to load into the scenario for the first time, I've tried loading up 2D editor and doing the same and it happens to work flawlessly. Again this probably isn't the right place to be typing this, and i'm sorry for the inconvenience, but i just need re-assurance with this matter. Of course this has nothing to do with you guys and is probably on Bohemia's side if not mine, but i just wanted to know if anyone of you has encountered this problem as of late considering this only started happening in last week or so. And again, thanks for taking the time to read this and good luck for the next release  :) .

Put this in the init.sqf:

SAC_fnc_addOpenArsenalAction = {

params ["_unit"];

private ["_title", "_scriptCode", "_arguments", "_priority", "_showWindow", "_hideOnUse", "_condition"];

_title = "<t color='#00FFFF'>Arsenal</t>";
	_scriptCode = {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal}; //solo válido desde A3
	_arguments = nil;
	_priority = 1000;
	_showWindow = false;
	_hideOnUse = true;
	_condition = "(isNull objectParent _this) && {_this distance _target < 2}";
	_unit addAction [_title, _scriptCode, _arguments, _priority, _showWindow, _hideOnUse, "", _condition];

};

And the in the init of the ammo box, or even in the init of your avatar, put this:

[this] spawn SAC_fnc_addOpenArsenalAction;

In recent weeks, very little news from the RHS.

Can you tell something to your fans? Your plans, what are you currently working on, the approximate time of the next release of the patch, and so on. Maybe new screenshots, video.

Especially as previously announced in the screenshots were a lot of interesting things.

I think it will be interesting to many.

Thank you.

Start following on facebook page, they are streaming on Twitch from time to time, ofc time of the next update release is not known and probably not gonna get answer but yea. There is quite a few cool items coming.

In recent weeks, very little news from the RHS.

Can you tell something to your fans? Your plans, what are you currently working on, the approximate time of the next release of the patch, and so on. Maybe new screenshots, video.

Especially as previously announced in the screenshots were a lot of interesting things.

I think it will be interesting to many.

Thank you.

most of the information and wip media we provide is via:

1. RHS facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/redhammerstudios

2. RHS twitter (linked with FB page): https://twitter.com/rhsmods

3. RHS vk page (russian only): https://vk.com/redhammerstudios

4. RHS twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/redhammerstudios

5. and once in a while our own blog page: http://www.rhsmods.org/b

• Like 1

most of the information and wip media we provide is via:

1. RHS facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/redhammerstudios

2. RHS twitter (linked with FB page): https://twitter.com/rhsmods

3. RHS vk page (russian only): https://vk.com/redhammerstudios

4. RHS twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/redhammerstudios

5. and once in a while our own blog page: http://www.rhsmods.org/b

Sorry guys, but so you can close this thread.

No bug reports on this thread.

No feature requests/wishes on this thread.

News, wip screens or videos only on other site.

Some times ago it works here, but now...

Maybe you can remember this is the base of your fans/community and I believe you ignore us a little bit. I'm watching every day in this topic to hope, to read some news about my favorit mod in Arma3, but I found this.

I repeat, sorry guys for these hard words and criticsim, but I'm feeling a little bit sad about this.

I hope you can change something when you thinking about my post.

Greetings and thanks for your great job since OFP!

• Like 2

Maybe you can remember this is the base of your fans/community and I believe you ignore us a little bit. I'm watching every day in this topic to hope, to read some news about my favorit mod in Arma3, but I found this.

I repeat, sorry guys for these hard words and criticsim, but I'm feeling a little bit sad about this.

I agree that we'd all appreciate more screenshots, but this thread serves a technical purpose as well for people with questions about classnames, inits, editing, and other specifically editing-related queries. Therefore I don't think it ought to be closed.

• Like 2

A bit over dramatizing don't you think?

• Like 3

Let me take your post apart:

If you ever developed a mod, you will know that there comes a time you wish every bug would be kinda sorted. Mantis does that for us.

I hear this lots and lots of times, but it seems that no one really understands why we dont take wishes. First of all, we said it more than enough, that everyone within RHS is free to choose what he is working on.

On the other, lesser noted side: Because we try to mirror AFRF and USF, you could basically assume that we do ANYTHING if time allows it. Which is why we always say "Yes, Maybe, No".

We try to mirror as many things as we can, but social media is just more convinient for posting those things.

Maybe you can remember this is the base of your fans/community and I believe you ignore us a little bit. I

Now it may seem harsh from my side, but: Yes, we are ignoring you a bit. It will sound now super super arogant and selfish, but: It's our mod, and we can do what we want.

Again, it sounds harsh, but that's the reality. No one is allowed to command us what to do.

But if there are people (and there are!) who actively want to help to make this mod better, you can. You can open a feedback tracker, and if its a "weird" topic, a plain question or whatever you can post it here.

In case someone gets this wrong: It's my personal opinion on the matter.

• Like 6

Where is my post? Why the hell someone delete my post?

Your post was hidden accidentally-my apologies. It has been restored.

Heads up the _des version of Russian Classnames arent listed on the official site ie

"rhs_vdv_flora_crew" is there but not "rhs_vdv_des_crew"