I have this as well. Explosions and gunshots right next to me are extremely quiet and almost completely silent even in an open UAZ with explosions right next to it.

How is this not a huge issue for most RHS users? :P

This is a known issue that affects a wide range of vehicles and addons-not exclusive to RHS.the same thing was discussed on the JSRS thread yesterday. I believe it is being changed with the new sound systems coming in the next game update.

• Like 1

This is a known issue that affects a wide range of vehicles and addons-not exclusive to RHS.the same thing was discussed on the JSRS thread yesterday. I believe it is being changed with the new sound systems coming in the next game update.

Thanks the gods, its annoying as hell to be sitting in a completely open top vehicle and not be able to hear anything going on outside unless you go in third person. Now if they could reduce the engine sounds of some of the Russian vehicles by a little bit as well :D

• Like 1

Are there any big plans to do with the 3DEN Editor and RHS? Like custom attributes or place-able objects (magazines, etc) or is the aim currently still on content production?

Either way I await with bated breath for the ability to change the hand-grip positions as that is the best thing ever.

What i surrecntly noticed from issues with EDEN editor is wrong grouping for units - if you want put russian recon unit soldier, you need to guess which "soldier" entity is this, or check one by one. All of them are lissted in "one box"

What i surrecntly noticed from issues with EDEN editor is wrong grouping for units - if you want put russian recon unit soldier, you need to guess which "soldier" entity is this, or check one by one. All of them are lissted in "one box"

You should report that on their feedback tracker, however considering Eden has been on dev build for a while the next update for RHS might already have this fixed.

• Like 2

You should report that on their feedback tracker, however considering Eden has been on dev build for a while the next update for RHS might already have this fixed.

That's it, exactly :)

Eden adds a new category system, that's why the units are mixed. But it was corrected in our dev version a while ago. So you just have to wait patiently for the next RHS update (sometime in 2016, hopefully).

• Like 1

That's it, exactly :)

Eden adds a new category system, that's why the units are mixed. But it was corrected in our dev version a while ago. So you just have to wait patiently for the next RHS update (sometime in 2016, hopefully).

SOONâ„¢

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/redhammerstudios/posts/1142246985788293

It has come to our attention from 2 different sources that Exile Unicrow Servers are selling ingame perks, although our license clearly stipulates that monetization of servers using RHS mods is NOT allowed, and they are NOT approved anymore by BI for Arma 3 monetization due to the same reason (https://www.bistudio.com/monetization/approved/arma3)
Although PuFu tried to solve this directly with the owner of this particular community, he's been told piss of, his account has been disabled and the admin started removing posts he thought are not for the public eyes anymore.
We will NOT stand idle while certain people are taking advantage of their users and the content we create and provided for free. Legal action and a request from BI to ban his servers are in progress.
We ask all RHS users to notify us as soon they see a breach of our End User Agreement in order to take the necesary steps in order to protect both ourselves and you, the user

Please be aware of the above sort of people or communities that are trying to take advantage of both you and us

• Like 6

I'e got a little categorization proposal to make for easier 'item management' in Eden.

Could you differentiate trucks from 'Cars' list and make a separate list? 'Trucks -> Heavy / Light, Cars -> Heavy / Light, etc. Of course, this'd be required in case a category has lots of items (which is the case for 'Cars' list ATM) to prevent confusion and cluttered menus.

Or may I create a ticket for this?

Could you differentiate trucks from 'Cars' list and make a separate list? 'Trucks -> Heavy / Light, Cars -> Heavy / Light, etc. Of course

That's how RHS has always had it (Cars & Trucks)... I guess you missed my last post (two posts above)  ;) 

• Like 3

Is this normal, while is shoot from armed GAZ (using grenade launcher) i dont hear its explosions in 1p?

Is this normal, while is shoot from armed GAZ (using grenade launcher) i dont hear its explosions in 1p?

Bohemia sound bug, they're fixing it with the next big update apparently.

• Like 1

Well, it was marked resolved in october, and the fix was supposed to be in 0.3.9.1. When I noticed the guns had the same problem with the latest update (even the shiny new M27) I wrote a comment and made a video. Since nobody said anything in the ticket (it's been 20 days since I made a comment) I just assumed you guys didn't see it, since the ticket was marked resolved couple of months / updates ago.

In any case, glad to hear it's been (probably) dealt with.

I have to say that you have done great work with the jets, even though they are still in early alpha. I like that they are amongst the fastest jet in the community, as it makes things alot more realistic. I tested them alot now and would suggest to make their anti air missiles alot more deadly, even on extreme ranges. Also are there any plans for a anti ground loadout for the PAK-FA and maybe ECM?

There's ECM in this game? Where? In DCS or Strike Fighters 2 there is real ECM. Arma 3? Yeah that'd be nice.

Of course not a realistic one. I speak about "simple" things like making missiles miss for the duration of ECM.

Ahh yeah, I actually had a discussion with someone about that recently, now I need a scripter for an ECM "Jammer"...

I have to say that you have done great work with the jets, even though they are still in early alpha. I like that they are amongst the fastest jet in the community, as it makes things alot more realistic. I tested them alot now and would suggest to make their anti air missiles alot more deadly, even on extreme ranges. Also are there any plans for a anti ground loadout for the PAK-FA and maybe ECM?

I think that Electronic Warfare is an interesting subject, that could be really cool in-game. But I'm afraid it's not in our immediate plans. But, hopefully in the future...   :)

• Like 2

I think that Electronic Warfare is an interesting subject, that could be really cool in-game. But I'm afraid it's not in our immediate plans. But, hopefully in the future...   :)

I will never forget this hollywod scene :

EMP will allways remind me this one  ^^^ :) It can be applied as blast making damage only to engines for example. I will do something for tests.... and check is it would be playable :)

• Like 3

I'm afraid in our mod we only work with one wishlist, our own. Which, in case anyone is curious, is really really long and would take us few lives to create everything there  :D 

But you can always try here, which is where the wishes & requests belong in these forums -> A3 Addon request thread  ;)

Please understand the difference between a wish list and demands. I didn't and won't tell you what to do. I would simply be grateful if more of the common equipment for each faction gets finished by the team. A wish list (that isn't absurd) is just a quick way to tell someone you'd love to see them continue their work. I would never have thought telling someone I appreciate their work and would love to see more of it would cause them to throw a fit. Given the hostile response you'd think I threw out insults or demands to implement things. I'll still download your mod though.

To be clear, this isn't directed at you Misty. I understand and when I dabble in some (extremely) simple modding I work off of my own wish list as well. :) Best of luck with your future work.

Please understand the difference between a wish list and demands. I didn't and won't tell you what to do. I would simply be grateful if more of the common equipment for each faction gets finished by the team. A wish list (that isn't absurd) is just a quick way to tell someone you'd love to see them continue their work. I would never have thought telling someone I appreciate their work and would love to see more of it would cause them to throw a fit. Given the hostile response you'd think I threw out insults or demands to implement things. I'll still download your mod though.

To be clear, this isn't directed at you Misty. I understand and when I dabble in some (extremely) simple modding I work off of my own wish list as well. :) Best of luck with your future work.

There is a HUGE difference between saying "I love your work and look forward to seeing more of it" and "I love your work and look forward to you including Vehicle 'X', Weapon 'Y' and Unit 'Z' When are you going to include them? TELL ME!"

Its a simple matter of phrasing or simply not asking the question/making the request at all and just being happy to (maybe) receive the content at some point in the near/distant future (soonâ„¢).

• Like 3

Normally there is nothing wrong with offering suggestions to a mod maker. Small mods by unexperienced mod makers can really benefit from suggestions, if they're open to it. However, RHS is a big, experienced mod team with tight, set plans. They have said numerous times that they don't want to hear any more suggestions/requests, so if you do continue to keep suggesting and requesting features, you're just a bloody dick. Shut it and let them work on their plans, don't try to deviate the mod makers from them.

• Like 1

Quick question for the RHS team. I am busy working on an Opfor pack with RHS as a dependency. Do your T-series tanks make use of hidden textures to allow for reskins? I see them on the BMP, BTR's etc... but the T-72's didn't appear to allow it - unless I have overlooked it.

Also, do the Russian backpacks have a 'camo' section defined to permit reskins? I see it on the US packs.

Thanks.