On a public roadmap showing upcoming vehicles, that's simply impossible due to the amateur condition of our devs. Meaning: a vehicle could be set to be released in two months, but due to (quite common) Real Lifes â„¢ issues they could be delayed for months or even years. Basically our vehicles are finished when the dev finds the time and will to finish them hence the mantra: Things will be released when they are done.

Thanks for the RAM link. Need to look into it...

Would a "work list" then maybe be an option? e.g. a list of what currently is in the works but without any set release date for each item. This would probably change the questions to when will xx be ready... and I don´t know if it´s any tolerable. :) But with luck it would atleast have some effect on people asking for xx and yy.

Questions and wishlists probably arise from lack of knowledge and the tiny hope of maybe influencing what assets will be worked on next. I don´t know if there is any good solution to this matter, but any info about the future wouldn´t probably hurt. Being famous seems to come with the ungrateful issue of everyone wanting a piece of you. :)

• Like 1

Would a "work list" then maybe be an option? e.g. a list of what currently is in the works but without any set release date for each item. This would probably change the questions to when will xx be ready... and I don´t know if it´s any tolerable. :) But with luck it would atleast have some effect on people asking for xx and yy.

The "work list" has the same issue as the "Roadmap", but you can use our Facebook page to more or less get the idea of what's been worked on. Tho if you do, you'll notice that some vehicles that were being worked at the beginning of last year haven't yet made it in-game, and probably won't for a while.

What I said about: Stuff is released when it's done is quite literal. Meaning, not even we really know when something is gonna be finished, until it literally is. On that sense, we have practically the same info as you do regarding releases. 

Questions and wishlists probably arise from lack of knowledge and the tiny hope of maybe influencing what assets will be worked on next.

As I commented before, the tiny hope of influence in what we are gonna do next, it's just not gonna happen as our devs mainly work on what they like and feel like doing. But I've seen the opposite case a good amount of times. When a lot of people asked for something, the artists felt more discouraged about working on it.

In other words, people requests just discourage devs from working on more stuff, sometimes the request pressure could lead to people just quitting the mod (some devs have already enough pressure in their real life jobs & lives).

So please don't do it  :)

• Like 1

Questions and wishlists probably arise from lack of knowledge and the tiny hope of maybe influencing what assets will be worked on next. I don´t know if there is any good solution to this matter, but any info about the future wouldn´t probably hurt. Being famous seems to come with the ungrateful issue of everyone wanting a piece of you. :)

A work list wouldn't be an option, simply because, as Misty said above, it means nothing much in the overall context, we showed the TU-95 some time ago, we are being asked about it at least once a week. Same happened with the Gorkas before those were injected into the game (another example: i have a OH58D 99% mesh done since 2014, missed some refs and got a bit bored about it and moved on. Besides the said mesh, i have about 120GB worth of assets in different stages, some more finished then others, most with little hope to see the light of day).

I personally am not influenced whatsoever by wishlists besides my own and the RHS as a group. The RHS wishlist most likely encompasses the entire fielded units, gear and vehicles for RUS and US at least. The priorities are self imposed though

We create stuff that inspires us and gives us some sort of joy while we do it. Please understand that this a very time consuming hobby, and doing something without personal drive in your own time doesn't really cut it.

• Like 2

Nothing to add to the above except maybe that one more small reason not to publish any lists is that we would like to keep at least some sort of element of surprise. When you don't promise anything and deliver a lot, you bring joy, give the user something to discover. If you promise a lot and deliver little, all you bring is disappointment.

With that being said, in most cases all the things that are being asked for are in some way already in our plans. Just with varying priority levels. So when someone asks for xxx and we point to the FAQ the first answer "Yes" is probably most accurate. Actually, in all probability, our list is WAAAY bigger than what most users want :)

• Like 2

Dear lord fidai are you trolling or what? Devs are asking not to piss them off with silly and constant request to add this and that and you come out with your post?!?! C'mon...

• Like 5

Dear RHS,

Is there a simple way to change the flag texture on the insurgent T-72? If so could you explain the steps?

Thanks!

Could you please stop posting this, everybody?

It's really really annyoing to see everybody's personal wishlist...

Doesn't matter if it's here, on our Feedback Tracker or on Facebook. We get at least 10 messages like this every day. EVERY day.....

Only 10 ? :) I would say 100...... I stopped looking at this topic beacuse of this, i WAS looking on facebook, but then THEY moved to FB as well. Most annoying is some of them have less than 10 years. I really dont understand where are their parents.

That's not a Mk18 mod 0, it's an M4LE.

Note the "M4LE COLTS LAW ENFORCEMENT" in huge ass letters on the receiver...  :P

Sure it was my mistake ! The upper receiver and barrel is is from the MK18 mod 0 this version is used by CoustGuard HRT and Swat , FBI etc..

Best regards

I found a good pic with ESS and oaklye googles down  ;)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8f/Defense.gov_News_Photo_091115-F-5646S-236.jpg

http://www.skdtac.com/v/vspfiles/photos/E2M.109-7.jpg

best regards

Chris

ps. if it possible in Arma 3 to bring an 1dot magpul sling to the AR15 US weapons , and the typical green AK sling   ??? 

Dear RHS,

Is there a simple way to change the flag texture on the insurgent T-72? If so could you explain the steps?

Thanks!

Sure. You can put this in the init.sqf

// Get the flag object from the tank's variable space
private _flag = myLittleTank getVariable ["RHS_T72indep_flag", objNull];
// Is the flag local?
if (local _flag) then 
{
   // Set the flag's texture
   _flag setFlagTexture "\A3\Data_F\Flags\Flag_CSAT_CO.paa";
};

If that doesn't work try suspending the script with the sleep command for 1 second before getting the flag.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setFlagTexture

slings aren't possible in A3, but they need soft weights that are relative to the character models, and trust me, it would be PAINFUL to do and not very good. 

we have ESS as a glasses selection, yes, they aren't over the helmets, but they are there it enables players to wear the ESS with any headear selection and we don't have to worry about clogging up the arsenal with a ridiculous amount of helmet variations just for a minor visual difference such as goggle straps.

Is RHS real?

I'm terribly sorry to inform you that we are, in fact, an illusion. :)

• Like 5

The forum really needs to start handing out warnings to unsolicited request guys. Which do you guys find worse, the guys demanding things totally out of the scope of the mod, or the guys demanding things that other modders have already made that are out of the scope of the mod?

It's a never ending pain and always a constant fact of life when you make stuff, as players assume you can just shit out what they want.

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1

The forum really needs to start handing out warnings to unsolicited request guys. 

Well if we are informed of them and the poster has broken a rule,then of course they will be dealt with.Any issue-you know where the report button is :)

The forum really needs to start handing out warnings to unsolicited request guys. Which do you guys find worse, the guys demanding things totally out of the scope of the mod, or the guys demanding things that other modders have already made that are out of the scope of the mod?

People demanding period.

It brings nothing to the table except an egocentric wish. It shows a lack of understanding regarding the amount of work involved, that the work is a hobby for the addon makers own pleasure and most of the time that they even can't bother reading the topic, not even a few posts up.

Annoying and derails topics.

• Like 1

There use to be warnings and whatnot before they updated the forum, would be nice to have it back and then once you get 3 warnings, you're outta here.

• Like 2

People need to develop thicker skins and use the "ignore" button more!!

You make/develop/create a popular addon, you will inevitably get requests, where would these addon's actually be without community input?

• Like 4

People need to develop thicker skins and use the "ignore" button more!!

You make/develop/create a popular addon, you will inevitably get requests, where would these addon's actually be without community input?

We really don't mind input, if:

a. it comes in a comprehensive form. Posts like "ABRAMS ARMOR IS TOO STRONK" don't really help.

b. it makes even sense at all.

c. it helps us to develop a better mod.

d. it doesn't comer over if the requesters think they are customers, and we have the obligation to do anything for them.

There is a HUGE difference between people who really give input, and people who just post what they want to have, but are either too lazy to do it themselves or too impatient.

• Like 2

That for every request there's an entire page of misguided and entitled off-topic discussion about it. Actual feedback and discussion is so diluted that many team members ignore this thread. I realize that this post is adding to the problem, but I need to ask you all to please get back on track.

• Like 1

RHS, i would keep my eyes on the RT/Ruptly videos, there's quite a lot of good source material there, Russia are currently holding military exercises (mainly arctic, but some other stuff too)  

Heres one they posted yesterday

Hope it helps 

We really don't mind input, if:

a. it comes in a comprehensive form. Posts like "ABRAMS ARMOR IS TOO STRONK" don't really help.

b. it makes even sense at all.

c. it helps us to develop a better mod.

d. it doesn't comer over if the requesters think they are customers, and we have the obligation to do anything for them.

There is a HUGE difference between people who really give input, and people who just post what they want to have, but are either too lazy to do it themselves or too impatient.

Oh I hear you, but you also need to understand this game is a GLOBAL game, where English isn't their native language and that they have a very different way in which they were brought up, it's not their fault they lack the finesse or punctuation or the grammar, some use online translators and some are just trying their best. 

Most have good intentions, but slamming people because it personally upsets them, especially when you're not even an addon contributor smacks of elitism and to a degree arrogance. 

Everyone is impatient at times when something good is in the works, it's just human nature, as I said, ignoring such posts and posters, of whom can identified as habitual and needy and demanding is easier, than to berate people, and to even go as far as suggesting what should be done to them !! These forums are better than that, the community is better than that.  

Some people also need to remember that not everyone has a gift to be able to write configs, create textures, make models etc, and I'm sure if the requester knew how to, odds on they wouldn't actually be asking don't you think?  

I see the requests flying in on many addon's, I even do it myself,and until a moderator tells me otherwise and that it's against the forum rules, I'll keep making requests, and also taking requests for the addon's I've made. 

Tolerance goes a long way, no matter how stupid the request is, being diplomatic and polite with an answer normally makes everything smooth again.

• Like 5

Oh I hear you, but you also need to understand this game is a GLOBAL game, where English isn't their native language and that they have a very different way in which they were brought up, it's not their fault they lack the finesse or punctuation or the grammar, some use online translators and some are just trying their best.

English is not native for over 70% of RHS members either btw, 

Most have good intentions, but slamming people because it personally upsets them, especially when you're not even an addon contributor smacks of elitism and to a degree arrogance.

no one is slamming anyone really, we said it pretty clear several times now that we don't really take requests and if you have a personal wishlist it is not mandatory to share it...and that's not arrogance or elitism. 

Everyone is impatient at times when something good is in the works, it's just human nature, as I said, ignoring such posts and posters, of whom can identified as habitual and needy and demanding is easier, than to berate people, and to even go as far as suggesting what should be done to them !! These forums are better than that, the community is better than that.

no one from RHS said what should be done to them. i personally know what the report button is used for

Some people also need to remember that not everyone has a gift to be able to write configs, create textures, make models etc, and I'm sure if the requester knew how to, odds on they wouldn't actually be asking don't you think?

GIFT? There is no gift involved (or to a less of a degree anyhow). It is about experience, and you can't get experience without putting your (free) time into it. No one was born knowing it.

I see the requests flying in on many addon's, I even do it myself,and until a moderator tells me otherwise and that it's against the forum rules, I'll keep making requests, and also taking requests for the addon's I've made.

Good for you, not one can actually stop you unless it is considered spam, which it is, especially if it is reoccurring. What you do with your own addons (and their threads) is also up to you.

Tolerance goes a long way, no matter how stupid the request is, being diplomatic and polite with an answer normally makes everything smooth again.

Diplomacy also has some boundaries.

That being said, this is precisely what is gonna happen:

1. we (RHS) are simply gonna ignore all post that are requests, especially since answers are provided in our FAQ page:

http://www.rhsmods.org/faq#1

http://www.rhsmods.org/faq#2

2. we ask you (the other who post here) not to reply to these people's post, simply use the report button (it is there for a reason)

• Like 8

Outside sounds are extremely quite in vehicles (cars). Any fix for this? 

I have this as well. Explosions and gunshots right next to me are extremely quiet and almost completely silent even in an open UAZ with explosions right next to it.

How is this not a huge issue for most RHS users? :P

• Like 1