Thank you for sharing this Christmas update, you're doing a good job.

Hey Variable,

best option is now to use our updater. This one will only download the files which were changed. Unfortunately I currently cannot give you a list of changed pbos.

When I updated USAF from v3.9 to v4.0 I used the updater, and the whole download size was around the size of the whole USAF mod, over two gigs. Is that normal?

The best Christmas gift... :)

Thank you very much RHS devs for 0.4.0 and 0.4.0.1. I wish the best mod devs from Arma, since OFP, a merry christmas, happy hollidays and a happy new year. But don't forget, also included 6. janurary christmas for the russian orthodox!

I repeat, thank you!

• SKOL MVD uniform

• Izlom Uniform

• MVD OSN roles

What means this? Only found in the virtual arsenal the Izlom uniform.

I searching on google pictures and I can't find a different between SKOL and Izlom Uniform.

MVD OSN are the special forces but what mean "roles"?

Very great detail the white/red Telnyashka under the MVD Uniform! :pc: :rthumb:

Actually I work on a simple short ( because my low editing/scripting skills ) SP Mission with AFRF. It's to 70% to 80% ready.

I hope somebody is interested on my second SP MIssion with RHS, then I release it on BIF. :)

PS: also sorry for my low english skills!

When I updated USAF from v3.9 to v4.0 I used the updater, and the whole download size was around the size of the whole USAF mod, over two gigs. Is that normal?

Yes. As you probably now 0.4 was quite a big update. And as the updaters only downloads the pbos which were changed one can assume that it downloaded nearly every pbo.

What means this? Only found in the virtual arsenal the Izlom uniform.

I searching on google pictures and I can't find a different between SKOL and Izlom Uniform.

MVD OSN are the special forces but what mean "roles"?

Skol is the commercial name of the version of Izlom made by Modox. Izlom is the official designation of the Russian Army for that camo.

A "role", according to Merriam-Webster is the part that something or someone takes in an activity or process. In the army context: rifleman, machine gunner, sniper, etc.

Allow me a picky remark, OSN are special purpose units (aka Spetsnaz), which is not a straight equivalent for Western special operations units. Special Forces is the name of the main US Army special ops unit.

I hope it helps :)

Yes. As you probably now 0.4 was quite a big update. And as the updaters only downloads the pbos which were changed one can assume that it downloaded nearly every pbo.

I see, thanks for the clarification.

Skol is the commercial name of the version of Izlom made by Modox. Izlom is the official designation of the Russian Army for that camo.

A "role", according to Merriam-Webster is the part that something or someone takes in an activity or process. In the army context: rifleman, machine gunner, sniper, etc.

I hope it helps :)

Okay thank you. When I understand this right, it is only one new Uniform in AFRF?

Allow me a picky remark, OSN are special purpose units (aka Spetsnaz), which is not a straight equivalent for Western special operations units. Special Forces is the name of the main US Army special ops unit.

I wrote special forces and mean in generell, not the one from US Army. And I believe Spetsnaz is the same word/s as special forces but in english. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Spetsnaz is and english short version of Russian Ñпецназ which is short for ВойÑка Ñпециального Ð½Ð°Ð·Ð½Ð°Ñ‡ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ which indeed means just special forces. And there are various units, like the most famous and mysterious GRU Spetsnaz and many other units.

Spetsnaz is and english short version of Russian Ñпецназ which is short for ВойÑка Ñпециального Ð½Ð°Ð·Ð½Ð°Ñ‡ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ which indeed means just special forces. And there are various units, like the most famous and mysterious GRU Spetsnaz and many other units.

Yes and Ñпецназ is the kyrillic and Spetsnaz is the non kyrillic.

Ñ = S

п = p

е = e

ц = ts

н = n

а = a

з = z

Okay enough school stuff. :D Back to topic RHS Escalation. Sorry!

Greetings, all your mods are up to date on withSix, 

banner-420x120.png?1451062670

banner-420x120.png?1451046020

If you claim your content you are able to directly update it via local upload, Link support including Steamworks links and GIT sync. 

For more info go here:

https://community.withsix.com/topic/111/mod-upload-git-support-and-auto-build-pbo-s-from-source/2 

Best regards

Sonsalt

• Like 1

Not trying to correct or anything, as I'm not certain myself, but isn't the OSN a better trained and more efficient force of internal troops, whereas ODON is the actual special forces, composed of Vityaz?

Actually "назначениÑ" means "purpose", and as I said above they are not a straight equivalent to Western special ops, as the spetsnaz designation is sometimes used for better prepared troops or focused in a certain mission.

Not trying to correct or anything, as I'm not certain myself, but isn't the OSN a better trained and more efficient force of internal troops, whereas ODON is the actual special forces, composed of Vityaz?

Clarified that, the 1st Independent Special Purpose Division ODON is one of the main MVD VV units, the one that guards the Moscow Area, including the exterior of the Kremlin (the interior is guarded by the FSO), it's better trained than the other main VV units (and the only that really stands to the division designation in quantity if troops), but it's not considered spec ops, tho its called special purpose. They are a regular, tho well trained, motorized infantry unit.

Each MVD VV District has at least a OSN unit assigned. The VV OSN asigned to the Moscow area (Central District) is in fact the biggest in VV, 33rd OSN Peresvet.

Vityaz doesn't exist anymore, together with the former Rys form the new 604th Special Purpose Center TsSN (that tho it usually works in the VV Central District, its not subordinated to it).

I understand its a bit chaotic, but most of the Russian security/defense branches are organized to counter act each other, and all have spec ops groups (FSB, MVD and the Russian Armed Forces).

Does the screenshot means you will improve the US SOF stuff in 2016?

You have keen eyes ;)

You have keen eyes ;)

Thanks for the heads up! :D

Your Spetsnaz stuff are also excellent! :P

sorry to annoy you but i still cant get the M113 IFF removed, copy pasting the virtual garage init does not work.

sorry to annoy you but i still cant get the M113 IFF removed, copy pasting the virtual garage init does not work.

If you're putting it in the init line of a vehicle in the editor, you do kind of have to modify the garage output a bit.

Somewhere in the garage output though you'd see something like:

[
	_veh,
	["standard",1],
	["IFF_Panels_Hide",1]
] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle;
Which is the part that handles vehicle customisation.

_veh is used from the createvehicle script that you're not using (_veh = createVehicle ["rhsusf_m113_usarmy",position player,[],0,"NONE"] ;...) so we can replace it with this in the editor init

and the ["standard",1] bit is telling the spawned vehicle to use the standard woodland camo texture set so you don't need that either if you're selecting a vehicle with the woodland or desert skin from the editor menu, so we can replace that with a nil value

Leaves us with just this to hide the IFF panels:

[
    this,
    nil,
    ["IFF_Panels_Hide",1]
] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle;
Check the usage section here for more: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Vehicle_Customization_(VhC)
  • Like 2

Please, explain to me why that suggestion is unsolicited.

This guy does this crap in a lot of threads.....then he gets butt hurt when put into his place. He's 1 of those incredibly ungrateful trolls in this community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

You doubt unarmed and M240 variants of the UH-60M Blackhawk merit inclusion? Do not presume to know why I made the suggestion, because you don't. Your rudeness is unnecessary and unwelcome, as is your attempt to blame/humiliate me on a personal level by saying "this isn't the only thread I've seen you made such "requests" in." I merely submitted a suggestion because I hadn't seen it submitted before. Please indicate where this exact suggestion has been made to the RHS developers.

He called you out correctly! I've seen at least 10 other threads that you do this and then you continue to ask for more and more. How about STOP like you've been asked to by numerous developers (respectfully, yet you continue to disregard these people's wishes) and learn how to do something on your own if you want all these assets in the game.

OR pay them a wage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Hi,

Just want to know if anyone is seeing only rhs usf3 instead of the entire name in the steam laucher like it was before this last update (thank you!)...

and in the expansion page when ArmA starts the blu icon of usa forces is disappeared...

I use Pw6 and I already tryed to delete and download again the mod.

Bye