Arma 3 Launcher means this

I'm afraid it's the first time I've heard of that app, in any case, you should ask its creator, not us. We only control the official distribution of our mod, which is through our website updaters and links  :)

The beanies seem to have a very high armor value for being a wool hat, lol ;)

I don't get what you mean. RHS beanies have zero armor. I double checked  ;) 

In fact, not even in the bugged A3 vanilla VA it shows any armor value  :huh:

- - -

Ah okay thanks. What about the ops-core issue? (Variants not showing in arsenal,and folded textures on the backs of some?thanks :))

I'm a bit lost. All the variants are shown in the arsenal, there's actually two models the new one (displayed in the tan version) and the old one, which are the rest.

- - -

Anyone else notice the M3 and M5 sniper scopes clipping pretty badly into the SR-25?

The M5 scope is the one that is meant to be used with the M2010 (the M3 is used in the M14), and doesn't really clip in my PC, could you take a screen capture to illustrate your point, please.

You guys over did your selves on those GAZ Tigr's they are so cool i cant even explain it. Thanks for all you bring to the game those are by far my favorite vehicles you brought in. 

• Like 3

So I feel I must ask, with the addition of the Ssh-68, alongside the already added M-88 uniform...Will we perhaps see some more Soviet stuff loooong down the line? A full fledged Soviet (VDV) faction? :D That or perhaps older stuff to recreate the sort of mish-mashed early 90's 1st Chechen War era Russian Army?

• Like 1

So I feel I must ask, with the addition of the Ssh-68, alongside the already added M-88 uniform...Will we perhaps see some more Soviet stuff loooong down the line? A full fledged Soviet (VDV) faction? :D That or perhaps older stuff to recreate the sort of mish-mashed early 90's 1st Chechen War era Russian Army?

Unfortunately that it's highly unlikely, to not say close to impossible. 

It's not a path we are thinking to take. 

Is it possible to do so: remove the optical sight with weapons, player moves into the slot of the binoculars, and by pressing the "binoculars" can use them to monitor?

That would be a good feature!

I guess it's difficult as the optics need to be changed into binoculars, which in itself is not so difficult to script (remove and add), but to do that when a player drags it over the binocular slot in gear is another matter.

Is it possible to do so: remove the optical sight with weapons, player moves into the slot of the binoculars, and by pressing the "binoculars" can use them to monitor?

I'm honestly not seeing the practicality of the whole thing. Binos are roughly defined as separate items (though they are in CfgWeapons yes) and therefore doing so is kinda weird and given that the Binos are handled slightly differently I personally don't see any point. I mean why would you want to scan with your optic in your hands and then put it on your weapon again when you see the target? Learn to scan with your weapon and optic together, and leave the Bino slot alone in my opinion. Even without Track IR I keep my head generally on a swivel given game viewing limitations and do fairly well without playing in Third person (as that's just personally unrealistic to me, I can't think that way).

Besides even scripting can't override hardcoded ways of enabling optics to work outside of being mounted on a weapon. There's literally no way you can script it to do so. Sure you can create a 3d Model of the optic and configure it as Binoculars, but there is no way you can make it a slotable item, which is what a scope is. It's an engine limit.

• Like 1

Why would you unscrew your weapon sight and look down it? That defeats the entire purpose of optics mounting systems. No one who has ever used any sort of Rifle Scope in real life would think that's a good idea. I've looked down a rifle scope in real life. The field of view is really shitty because you're looking down a long narrow tube. It's not a replacement for actual binoculars.

I mean why would you want to scan with your optic in your hands and then put it on your weapon again when you see the target?

For example, trophy optics, is not suitable to my arms. Or the sight PGO-7 RPG-7, which does not have grenades (SMAW). They can be used for observation. Or in the city, I found a sniper, now I'm a weapon with a telescopic sight is unnecessary, but a scope can be useful later in other areas conditions for observation.

It can be an interesting feature of mods, if it is possible to implement.

It's not a replacement for actual binoculars.

Yes. But it's better than nothing.

And it seems that species should be no worse than if a telescopic sight is on the gun.

The M5 scope is the one that is meant to be used with the M2010 (the M3 is used in the M14), and doesn't really clip in my PC, could you take a screen capture to illustrate your point, please.

I appreciate that the M3 might have been originally modeled with the EBR in mind, but the same scope is used on the SR-25 in real life in both the US armed forces and other forces that use the SR-25. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR-25#/media/File:SR-25_pic01.jpg

An Israeli SR-25, note the booster rail mounted under the Scope so it can actually fit on the rifle without changing the mount on the scope itself (which is what I've seen on US examples). 

551BCA8AB5BF3CC38117CF1EE58C4FA16F9EF4A2

And the same gun in Arma, the rear eyepiece is clipped entirely into the back up irons, and the front of the scope is doing the same thing just above the shooters hand. It would be actually physically impossible to mount the scope like this in real life.    

For example, trophy optics, is not suitable to my arms. Or the sight PGO-7 RPG-7, which does not have grenades (SMAW). They can be used for observation. Or in the city, I found a sniper, now I'm a weapon with a telescopic sight is unnecessary, but a scope can be useful later in other areas conditions for observation.

And it seems that species should be no worse than if a telescopic sight is on the gun.

It's a pain to implement, for no gain whatsoever.  

• Like 1

I appreciate that the M3 might have been originally modeled with the EBR in mind, but the same scope is used on the SR-25 in real life in both the US armed forces and other forces that use the SR-25.

But the military buys the scope rings with different heights for different weapons. It's desirable to minimise the height of the optic above the bore since it reduces vertical elevation which has an impact on accuracy at range.

Taking the SR25 (Mk11 Mod0) as an example: Nowadays the USMC equipped them with the same M8541 (made by Schmidt & Bender with a Premier reticle) or M8541A (made by Premier) as are issued with the M40A3 and M82/M107. However, the Mk11 and M107 rings are 1.49 inch high and the M40 rings are 1 inch high. There's not really a "one size fits all" solution.

My understanding is that the SR25 was something that was donated by Kiory, rather than something the RHS Team sought to add. So currently a scope hasn't been made with the weapon in mind unlike the M2010 and Mk14

• Like 1

Finally an update! Took a while but better later than never. I am sure you do not take requests, but really some criticism. Making VDV units without their beret is least to say is strange, same goes for MVD with their red beret and exactly same goes for spetsnaz without their helmets. I would urge you people to look into this and add into your mod as it then will make it more authentic.

About the Mi-24.

I really like the new sound of it even when it's a bit too low pitched imo, but the start sequence and when you turn it off sounds like the soundfile is coming straight from Arma 1.

The transitions between the diferrent rotor speeds aren't smooth at all.

Is it still WIP?

The new sound of the AH-1Z and the CH-53E are awesome though.

Is the F22 still in beta stage?

Yup, it's heavy W.I.P, I'd dare to say it's still alpha hah

• Like 2

Hi, congrats on the new release!

I'm trying the new static weapons right now, and I have some doubts about what weapons exactly does the SHTORA-1 system on the T-90A reacts to? Does it react to the new static TOW and Metis-m? 

Awesome work and keep it coming!  ;)

Congrats on the update.  Merry Xmas to the mod team. Nice additions with CH53E and Howitzer. - I'll have to dig out my old range table from A2 to see if it works again with the d30. Keep working on the US side when you get around to it. The Mraps need some interior texture :)

In my 15 years in the US Army I never felt the need to take off any optics off my weapon and use them in lieu of my binos (even when I had an ACOG at one point). That's why binoculars were created, so they can provide a better viewing instead of the small area that an optic provides. It's simply not practical in the real world nor in the game. Besides modern snipers use a spotter, which has a better optic for observation anyway.

Besides find something like VAS or "this addweapon Binocular" and or VAS, ASORGS, and Arsenal to load some binos and be done with it. Press B to use, and B to not use any more.

I been in situations when a feature like that could have been handy. When you have no binoculars and a rifle you can't mount the optics on that are laying around mounted on weapons with no or no much ammo (or RPGs)..

But it's not a very common situation and the solution would be quite complex to achieve so it's not worth it. 

About the Mi-24.

I really like the new sound of it even when it's a bit too low pitched imo, but the start sequence and when you turn it off sounds like the soundfile is coming straight from Arma 1.

The transitions between the diferrent rotor speeds aren't smooth at all.

Is it still WIP?

The new sound of the AH-1Z and the CH-53E are awesome though.

I noticed this before 0.4 on all aircrafts. This started to appear after 1.52 or 1.54 update of arma 3

I'm a bit lost. All the variants are shown in the arsenal, there's actually two models the new one (displayed in the tan version) and the old one, which are the rest.

No-in the arsenal the coyote one etc show up-but if you try to wear one it just stays on the light grey one. Also there are wierd "Creases" in the textures on the backs of some of them.