Few quick questions..

- Will both the Russian and US pilot gear ever be updated? In other words, both eventually have current 2015 modeled flight suits, helmets and g-suits etc.. Just like infantry get their nifty gear? (Whether that has been talked about, in the pipeline, or whatever)

- Has the Mi28 Havoc been considered for addition at some point? 

I'm assuming you are talking about firing effects of a tank's main / coax. gun, not engine sound, otherwise you've met with one hell of a tank. :D

I've found a couple of videos where you can see tank crew talking to eachother with almost clam intonation despite all the noise generated by engine and autoloader system (and mind you, Russian tanks weren't exactly build with crew's comfort in mind) and also asked a couple of guys who had a first-hand experience with MTLBs, BTRs and BMPs - they all confirmed that you can talk and hear people talking inside/near those vehicles without any problems whatsoever even when their engines are on (with notable exception of 1st and 2nd BMP series).

But that's not the point - in my opinion, even if these vehicles were as loud IRL as they are in Arma, lowering their engine sounds would still be an idea worth trying because its not just really annoying, it's also quite often disrupts the gameplay since you either have to shut up and hope that you'll hear the disembark order or use your radio and clutter the squad/platoon net with your personal questions.

No, Im talking about engine sounds! Deafening. I also have experience with BMP-1, slightly less loud than T-55, but still, sound level is extremely high. Vehicle sounds in arma series (vanilla) has nothing to do with reality. Not only that engine roar is deafening. Weapon sounds are also totally different. For example, you dont actually hear the gun firing, but rather the metallic noise of the recoil, just like in the video you linked. As for talking in such loud vehicles... Yes, absolutely no problem, because you have throat mikes that does not transmit any sounds that relates to the vehicle. You definitely have to turn the volume up in the TPU system, but you hear everything clearly, and also you dont have to shout at all.

Few quick questions..

They said in the long term

• Like 1

Just like it sounded for the last fifteen years I guess. Surprisingly enough, I've never had a tank sneak behind me in, like, 5 years of my Arma experience despite significantly less loud engine sounds.

Either I have an extremely powerful vocal cords or you have no idea what are you talking about. Besides, as you have noted, one actually can talk in UAZ. That's not the case in Arma with both TFAR/ACRE even on "yelling" setting* - you can't hear anything but an unintelligible mumbling. The annoyance of engine's sound volume is only half of the problem - the other half is that you can't actually have a meaningful conversation even inside / near UAZ, which is a goddamn civilian car. And again, there is numerous videos on youtube that clearly show people talking to each other inside UAZs, BTRs, HMMWVs, T-series tanks and other vehicles.

That's not an option because lowered sound effects will mean that while engines will start to have a normal volume, all other sounds, including steps, shots and sonic cracks will become too quiet. As I said, the extremely lound eninges only disrupt the gameplay while bringing nothing in return, even if their sounds are realistic.

* I believe it affects the range of transmission but not the actual volume of sound so you can't outvoice loud noises.

Well, tanks was sneaking for me lot of times, mainly beacuse quiet engines - in real life you can hear their tracks, engine for much longer distance. Same with UAZ - its a loud car.  IN all tanks crews are talking via speakers/microphones mounted on the helmet.

Hey, I was just wondering what your plans are for the IND rebel faction? :) Will they receive their own models as well, or will they perhaps be modelled after an existing insurgent group?

the general idea is to have it as a generic faction, using older equipment.

Few quick questions..

- Will both the Russian and US pilot gear ever be updated? In other words, both eventually have current 2015 modeled flight suits, helmets and g-suits etc.. Just like infantry get their nifty gear? (Whether that has been talked about, in the pipeline, or whatever)

a. eventually

b. yes, it has been considered

• Like 3

Hey, I was just wondering what your plans are for the IND rebel faction? :) Will they receive their own models as well, or will they perhaps be modelled after an existing insurgent group?

Maybe yes, maybe no, maybe

Thats prob the answer right there lol. 

• Like 1

Thats prob the answer right there lol.

That's about right, tho you forget an important part of my message  :lol: 

Have a nice Christmas holidays!

• Like 1

While I'm here, can someone from RHS or otherwise give me an explanation on how to get the Anti Air Radar and Anti Ground Radar to work? I've been on the RHS site wiki, I've watched Bakermans Youtube videos, I've googled it but everything I do doesn't seem to work. I can't get them to track anything regardless of the range. Cheers

That's about right, tho you forget an important part of my message  :lol:

Great, you guys release a update as I go on vacation and can't play with the new awesomeness.

• Like 1

@xxgetbuck123

Air radar is not in yet, as for ground radar:

The BRM-1K is equipped with a PSNR-5K (1RL-133-1) "Tall-Mike" ground surveillance radar which is operated by the commander. When deployed the forward facing radar automatically tracks moving objects. It can detect vehicles up to 7000m and personnel up to 2000m away, however it cannot track objects that are either stationary or moving faster than 110km/h. Radar information is displayed on the commander's map. It can be deployed by the commander from the action menu. 
  • Like 1

@xxgetbuck123

Air radar is not in yet, as for ground radar:

Ahhh ok makes sense.

I watched your videos and presumed that they were in the game since the videos were from a while ago. Also I didn't realise that you had to be commander to be able to view it. Maybe you can possibly add that to the Wiki on the RHS page so its a bit more clearer as I was trying to get them working as a rifleman. 

Either way cheers for the quick reply :) 

RHS, will you guys implement interior views on armored vehicles similar to the way the BW mod does? Fewer/no PIP screens and stuff? Take a look at how BW mod does their interiors, it's terrific.

• Like 2

One more question before I forget for the 5th time... And the last one I should have for a while haha

- Can we expect to see more face-wear equipment in the near future? Like separate ESS Goggles, new face masks or new combat eye wear.... ESS + Face-mask combos etc... All of course are compatible with the RHS helmets etc.. (Of course this also for the Russians) 

I feel as though this is one little aspect of RHS which could make a big difference as the current eye wear is great, however being able to add goggles and more can make the load-outs a little more immersive. 

@Bakerman

I never knew that mate, always discovering new stuff with this mod! :) 

• Like 1

@Aniallator

We're always looking to improve things. I hope that answers your question.

@xxgetbuck123

More face-wear you say... no maybe yes  :bigglasses:   :D

It's no problem, totally a valid question. I realize things are not as obvious as they should be and I want to change that, so thanks for bringing it up.

• Like 1

Has anyone thought about implementing a Armament menu for vehicles?

It would reduce the amount of clutter in the Mi-24/Mi-17 department in particular.

Lastly will you be adding the armed version of the KA-60 (P-90 '-orca) from vanilla? 

http://www.flugzeuginfo.net/acimages/kamov_ka60_andreinesvetaev.jpg

How accurate is your armour and projectile simulation and how did you achieve it?

I noticed there are multiple different types of rounds for 125mm cannon so I decided do design a mission around armored warfare. I created a scenario based around alternate history "dawn-of-the-cold-war" events, where Russia invades Ukraine.

My players were using Russian T80Us with more modern ZBM-46 rounds and Kontakt-5 ERA against Ukrainian T72s and T80s equipped with ZBM-9 / ZBM-12 and ZBM-15 shells. It was really cool to see Kontakt-5 working as intended.

ZBM-9 had a really hard time penetrating players tanks, most of the time resulting in partial or minor damage, while ZBM-12 was a little bit more effective.

ZBM-15 could easily penetrate the weak spots or the side, being far more deadly, especially below 1km range.

Don't even get me started on the visuals. Seeing autoloader eject a casing, and a piece of discarding sabot come out of the barrel is just plain epic. Defensive smoke particle effects, Shtora. Daamn.

I didn't expect it to behave so realistically; I'm really surprised with the results. Thanks RHS, appreciate ya. B)

Your tanks are really well-rounded and nicely configured I gotta say, that allows us to create scenarios that wouldn't be as attractive as in vanilla arma3, since the vanilla tanks are configured for "1-shot-kill" type of gameplay. You guys should totally reconfigure default tanks for Bohemia.

It was a really good experience, especially with ACE3 mod; players could rally up with logistics, rearm their tanks shell-by-shell, repair slightly damaged components and replace tracks they lost after the skirmish.

One of the things that could be improved is a tiny detail I mentioned some time earlier — unfortunately there is no "camera shake" effect and almost no sound when players tank gets hit, which makes situational awarness really difficult.

• Like 2

@arkhir

As you noticed we have very good armor and penetration data (special thanks to Olds  B)) that translates well into gameplay, however that's just one tiny aspect of the complex beast that is RV. We've done a lot and there's still a ton we want to do. For example we still have a lot to do to improve our vehicle hitpoints.

I totally agree with you that vehicle hit feedback is something that's lacking in arma. Hit effects for crew and vehicles is something that has high priority on my to do list and it's something I've personally been working on for a very long time. This is one of my very early prototypes:

If perhaps you're wondering why I haven't released any of this yet, it's because I have bigger and better things planned. Hit effects are nice and well, but are simply superficial, but affects are the real deal. If everything goes well I will have more to share in the near future.

• Like 9

Yup. I'm definitely gonna jump on this hype train. Keep it up guys, proud of you.

Such a tease.

My friend was really skeptical about armored gameplay in ArmA series, but after the mission I made with RHS he has definitely changed his mind. Some of the players even got partially wounded after their tanks got hit.

Can we also expect a documentation for USAF decals? With this it took me like 5 minutes to create this:

30507E420929D6FE86E90382F3F03D5E396B06EF

But I couldn't find anything specific about American decals here. Any tips on where should I start looking? I'm trying to create Abrams with republican flag on the barrel and the whole chevron marking on the side, no idea how it's called. It sometimes gets generated randomly, but how could I reproduce it manually?

Well Hit effects presented by bakerman is great, but i wonder (i need to ask ACE team beacuse bohemia ignored it totally) about fading effect on thermal vission while using tank cannon or big explosion. Fading should be almso immideantyl after explosion, beacuse fire have very big thermal signature, and thermals are faded (darkened) when it appears on bigger part of the screen. So tank cannon fire can be packed into this "bag" beacuse fire ball outside the tank cannon takes 3000 degree celcius.

• Like 2

Very good idea Vasily. I love using tanks and apcs in rhs and happy about getting more "complexity/features" to the crew. Often i find thermal view too strong. I dont know how but the driver needs also some more features so he is challenged more. Also would love more stuff against tanks, ai with at weapon is often uninterested OR too interested in attacking a tank. Stationary stuff would perhaps "fix" this as it is their only job ;)

Beside some questions:

Is the Tall Mike Radar already working? we tried it 2 times and didnt get it "working".

Will qrRaven work in 0.4?

Very good idea Vasily. I love using tanks and apcs in rhs and happy about getting more "complexity/features" to the crew. Often i find thermal view too strong. I dont know how but the driver needs also some more features so he is challenged more. Also would love more stuff against tanks, ai with at weapon is often uninterested OR too interested in attacking a tank. Stationary stuff would perhaps "fix" this as it is their only job ;)

Beside some questions:

Is the Tall Mike Radar already working? we tried it 2 times and didnt get it "working".

Will qrRaven work in 0.4?

That quote I posted is from our wiki page.  ;)

http://www.rhsmods.org/w/brm1k

• Like 1

Dear fans, you all waited for it, and now it's time for us to give you what you want:

We present you RHS: Escalation version 0.4.0

Again it took us quite some time to finish this version, but we are proud of what we achieved with this big update.
First and foremost: We updated our vests to work with the changes mad in the Arma 3 Nexus Update (1.54).
We also included a lot of content for you to try out, many bugfixes and many changes.

To see the full list of changes, you can read the patch notes here:
http://www.rhsmods.org/mod/1
http://www.rhsmods.org/mod/2

If you have the mod already, you know the game: Run our Updaters.
If you still do not have the mod, go to the pages mentioned and download the updaters.
You can find mirrors of it on the download pages too.

Have fun!
If you find any bugs,please report them here:
http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

23701226302_491cb38e21_o.jpg

23687940762_ce035d286a_o.jpg

• Like 29

More stuff :)

Thanks guys 

I have a pre download query, is the PAK FA you added the same as the other pak fa mod? Should i uninstall the original one since the original is equipped to the VSS faction of you mod?