you were fat while you were in the army? how?!

Honestly it was sarcasm, so then I wasn't fat,I got out and got a bit fat now working it off. I'm 6'4" and broad shouldered so I'm not a small guy in the first place.

Can we get the new acog scopes with the newer ACSS reticle?

PA_zps24fc1ec0.jpg

Z6KK8RV.jpg?1

• Like 1

What kind of vests can we see in next update?

A white one with a stain on it 

Where did the stain come from, we'll never know 

• Like 4

RHS: Wife Beater Vest with 1.54 Red Neck Armour value compatibility. Auction Menu toss empty Bud beer can.

• Like 6

Hey

I think there is some problem with Mi-24's Ataka missiles. For some reason they fly off to the right and left of center reticle. Is this a feature or a bug? :)

The first missile flies to the right while the rest go to the left. Launching ATGMs from Mi-24s is a difficult task in and of itself, so if this a bug, it'd be great if it got fixed.

Recorded some video to show what I mean. I ran clean game with 0.3.9.1 @RHSUSAF and @RHSAFRF. Launched from Mi-24P (CAS) (grey camo).

https://youtu.be/IqIMSjqBQ_E

https://youtu.be/lrZZ2d4M1qY

https://youtu.be/-u1VZGFVlTw

https://youtu.be/wNAiBx0zoQg(I used infinite ammo in this one so it kept landing to the right)

There is another question regarding severe limitation of Ka-52's optics angles.

There are photos of Ka-52s in RuAF service (i.e. [1], [2]) where there optical station can be seen tilted hard to the right and left.

As far as I understand RHS Ka-52 model is of this prototype, which has main optical station located on top. Nonetheless, the way it is right now you can tilt it more to the right than to the left so it seems to be "glued" to the cannon. I can find no sources online bringing up such limitation.

Thanks for your answer in advance :)

• Like 2

What about the armor and protection issues with the RHS equipment in the current 1.54 build? I know there is a workaround on AH but I'd prefer something official.

What about the armor and protection issues with the RHS equipment in the current 1.54 build? I know there is a workaround on AH but I'd prefer something official.

The problem is known to the devs.The fix will come with 0.4.0 that shouldn't be too far away from coming

What kind of vests can we see in next update?

Most probably the same you can see now (with updated hitpoints tho)  :P 

But you'll be able to see a good amount of, non-vest related, new things in the update too  :)

Can we get the new acog scopes with the newer ACSS reticle?

Could you please link some sources about that reticle being used in the US Armed Forces nowadays and in what units. Thank you

Most probably the same you can see now (with updated hitpoints tho)  :P

Good to know. Thanks :)

Looking forward to the "new things". 

In the mods current state along with ace 3 latest does it all work as intended after the armour/hitpoint update from arma? Ie. No invincible units etc :)

Hi i would like to report a server that is collecting donations and is using your content. http://arma.network/They are running a Takistan life server and you will see they collected $882. I think they are using a lot of other mods also like CUP and others. Thanks for your work though. 

• Like 3

Hi i would like to report a server that is collecting donations and is using your content. http://arma.network/They are running a Takistan life server and you will see they collected $882. I think they are using a lot of other mods also like CUP and others. Thanks for your work though.

They already have an order to remove the mods ASAP.

• Like 1

Just to point this out as we recently stumbled over the same problematic in CUP: donations != monetization.

I didn't check if the server mentioned above collects donations or is monetized, but if they only collect donations, they are fine to do so - a lot of communities fund their server costs through donations. The difference between donations and monetization is further explained here: https://www.bistudio.com/monetization/faq#c5

883$ of server costs? Thats sounds like one hell of an infrastructure.

Don't be so quick to judge. I don't like lifers either, but prejudices don't get us forward. It's quite easy to come by such a sum if collecting donations for a whole year (a dedicated root server is around 70-200 bucks depending on hardware), and if those are real donations as defined on the BI FAQ page, there is nothing bad about that. Like I said: I didn't take a look at that server and if they just call it donations, but in reality you get something back for it or are expected to donate if you wanna play with them, then it's not a donation anymore and they totally deserve to be punished. I just wanted to emphasize the difference between donations and monetization as we recently had to deal with the same problematic in CUP - CUP doesn't allow its usage on monetized servers, but I'm not sure if we could forbid the usage of CUP on servers supported by donations even if we wanted to, I'm no license expert.

• Like 1

Guys, please, for Heaven's sake, consider lowering down the engine sound volumes, especially those of Russian vehicles. Current volume levels (my Arma 3 sound volumes are at approx. 1/2 of the slider) are almost unbearable since you have to lower them each time you hop into even UAZ/HMMWV in order to hear somebody's voice even on "Yelling" setting (I've tried with both TFAR/ACRE).

I get the idea of realism (though I'm one hundred percent sure that one can hear people talking with their normal voices at least in/near UAZ and Ural) but it's extremely annoying while bringing nothing to the table in terms of gameplay. I doubt that it's even realistic because no matter how loud the nearby BMP is, you can always just scream right into your companion's ear so he will be able to hear you but in Arma you either have to use your sw radio with maxed volume to tell something to a guy sitting literally next to you or you both have to lower down the audio levels.

• Like 7

Hehehe... You know, the current sound level is still not realistic! Realistic is that you will get temporary hearing damage if you dont wear tankist helmet. I experienced it personally, I was half deaf for almost a whole day... And even with tankist helmet, its incredibly loud.

Guys, please, for Heaven's sake, consider lowering down the engine sound volumes, especially those of Russian vehicles. Current volume levels (my Arma 3 sound volumes are at approx. 1/2 of the slider) are almost unbearable since you have to lower them each time you hop into even UAZ/HMMWV in order to hear somebody's voice even on "Yelling" setting (I've tried with both TFAR/ACRE).

I get the idea of realism (though I'm one hundred percent sure that one can hear people talking with their normal voices at least in/near UAZ and Ural) but it's extremely annoying while bringing nothing to the table in terms of gameplay. I doubt that it's even realistic because no matter how loud the nearby BMP is, you can always just scream right into your companion's ear so he will be able to hear you but in Arma you either have to use your sw radio with maxed volume to tell something to a guy sitting literally next to you or you both have to lower down the audio levels.

Totally agree. Not to offend anyone, but the sound volume is terrible - it gives headaches and is of no value to gameplay.

I remember OFP and A2CO had armor sounds to an acceptable level, so it was a pleasure to roll your armored beast at least.

• Like 1

Hehehe... You know, the current sound level is still not realistic! Realistic is that you will get temporary hearing damage if you dont wear tankist helmet. I experienced it personally, I was half deaf for almost a whole day... And even with tankist helmet, its incredibly loud.

I'm assuming you are talking about firing effects of a tank's main / coax. gun, not engine sound, otherwise you've met with one hell of a tank. :D

I've found a couple of videos where you can see tank crew talking to eachother with almost clam intonation despite all the noise generated by engine and autoloader system (and mind you, Russian tanks weren't exactly build with crew's comfort in mind) and also asked a couple of guys who had a first-hand experience with MTLBs, BTRs and BMPs - they all confirmed that you can talk and hear people talking inside/near those vehicles without any problems whatsoever even when their engines are on (with notable exception of 1st and 2nd BMP series).

But that's not the point - in my opinion, even if these vehicles were as loud IRL as they are in Arma, lowering their engine sounds would still be an idea worth trying because its not just really annoying, it's also quite often disrupts the gameplay since you either have to shut up and hope that you'll hear the disembark order or use your radio and clutter the squad/platoon net with your personal questions.

Hey RHS! I'm just wondering if there are any plans to add the new UGL animations to the weapons of USAF and RFAF packs? Also have you considered adopting rupal's variations in the way in which the weapons are held? (ie. M4's have the mag-housing grip, while M4A1's have the normal grip like in rupal's mod)

Hope everyone is enjoying the festive season!!

Hey RHS! I'm just wondering if there are any plans to add the new UGL animations to the weapons of USAF and RFAF packs?

Maybe yes, maybe no, maybe we already did :P

Have a nice Christmas holidays!

• Like 4

Lowering engine volume - are you nuts? How it will sound in singleplayer? Did you thinked about single players? Realism is first thing, if vehicles will be so quiet, it will be barelly hearable from distance - tank will sneak to me like a cat! People, think before posting such "things". Real vehicles are loud = RHS are too. In real UAZ/HMV you need to scream too to say something sometimes. If you wanna more quiet engines just lover the sound effects bar.

How it will sound in singleplayer?

Just like it sounded for the last fifteen years I guess. Surprisingly enough, I've never had a tank sneak behind me in, like, 5 years of my Arma experience despite significantly less loud engine sounds.

In real UAZ/HMV you need to scream too to say something sometimes

Either I have an extremely powerful vocal cords or you have no idea what are you talking about. Besides, as you have noted, one actually can talk in UAZ. That's not the case in Arma with both TFAR/ACRE even on "yelling" setting* - you can't hear anything but an unintelligible mumbling. The annoyance of engine's sound volume is only half of the problem - the other half is that you can't actually have a meaningful conversation even inside / near UAZ, which is a goddamn civilian car. And again, there is numerous videos on youtube that clearly show people talking to each other inside UAZs, BTRs, HMMWVs, T-series tanks and other vehicles.

If you wanna more quiet engines just lover the sound effects bar.

That's not an option because lowered sound effects will mean that while engines will start to have a normal volume, all other sounds, including steps, shots and sonic cracks will become too quiet. As I said, the extremely lound eninges only disrupt the gameplay while bringing nothing in return, even if their sounds are realistic.

* I believe it affects the range of transmission but not the actual volume of sound so you can't outvoice loud noises.

Hey, I was just wondering what your plans are for the IND rebel faction? :) Will they receive their own models as well, or will they perhaps be modelled after an existing insurgent group?