Tell me then, what it would be with one out of metal.

Oh.

Wait....

AS VAL with a slow ROF? 

• Like 1

One quick google could have saved you a lot of trouble. The RAM mod makes RHS's HEAT/armor simulation compatible with virtually all other content. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24451

Really, does it?

"We were able to fix or work around some of these issues with the ongoing work in RHS and the work done by Spartan, however fixing only half of something means that it's still broken. We've hit the wall and the rest is up to Bohemia."

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161885-real-armor-mod/?p=2917497

Really, does it?

"We were able to fix or work around some of these issues with the ongoing work in RHS and the work done by Spartan, however fixing only half of something means that it's still broken. We've hit the wall and the rest is up to Bohemia."

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161885-real-armor-mod/?p=2917497

Yes, it does.

That's what I said yes, the game's armor & damage is still broken. Without infantry using proper fire geometry for vests etc. everything will remain this way. AFAIK Bohemia attempted to correct this with the latest update, but they hit a wall and settled with increasing infantry HP fidelity. It was a nice addition, however it still doesn't remedy the situation.

Apologies if this has been asked before!

We currently run RHS RU + US as separate mods in our modpack.

I noticed the combined mod is almost half the size, why is this? Is it because it more intelligently shares assets/config between the 2 or something?

If we were to switch to the combined mod, would there be any compatibility issues on a joint op with 1 group using combined, the other using the 2 separately? 

Apologies if this has been asked before!

We currently run RHS RU + US as separate mods in our modpack.

I noticed the combined mod is almost half the size, why is this? Is it because it more intelligently shares assets/config between the 2 or something?

If we were to switch to the combined mod, would there be any compatibility issues on a joint op with 1 group using combined, the other using the 2 separately? 

That is because the mods have not been released as combined since 0.3.5 which means its 4 versions behind. As of February this year, the mods only come out separately (albeit at the same time).

Dear all,

I want to address an issue that has come to light very recently. This all has to do with server monitization. The so called Arma.Network has filed a petition with BIS to allow for monitization. Meaning that users can pay some cash and in return they get something: a reserved spot on the server (temporary), a special skin, some extra items or whatever. THIS IS NOT OK! This is not donations to keep the server running. This is not to provide a service. This is pay to play. And to play Arma or RHS you should never have to pay.

Don't be fooled, these people are out for your cash. Donations are fine, its always a nice way to show your appreciation for someones hard work. Many of you helped us out a year or so ago when we were in need.

If you happen to play on a server that has these kind of possibilities we would like to ask you to report it to us and we will take appropriate action. RHS always stood for an open community and there will NEVER be a place that will charge you to play with RHS addons if we have something to say about it. These people do NOT deserve to profit from anyone elses hard work.

• Like 29

Dear all,

I want to address an issue that has come to light very recently. This all has to do with server monitization. The so called Arma.Network has filed a petition with BIS to allow for monitization. Meaning that users can pay some cash and in return they get something: a reserved spot on the server (temporary), a special skin, some extra items or whatever. THIS IS NOT OK! This is not donations to keep the server running. This is not to provide a service. This is pay to play. And to play Arma or RHS you should never have to pay.

Don't be fooled, these people are out for your cash. Donations are fine, its always a nice way to show your appreciation for someones hard work. Many of you helped us out a year or so ago when we were in need.

If you happen to play on a server that has these kind of possibilities we would like to ask you to report it to us and we will take appropriate action. RHS always stood for an open community and there will NEVER be a place that will charge you to play with RHS addons if we have something to say about it. These people do NOT deserve to profit from anyone elses hard work.

You should post this warning to any media sharing source you've got available: Facebook, Moddb, etc. Think it's important to inform as many as possible.

I just had a terrible experience: Being hit in a Bradley and not being able to jump out immediately as a "cargo"-infanterist. I don't really know how they work in real life (since I don't have any first hand experience), but wikipedia states that the back door should open within 5 seconds for a regular exit. Is there any way to have it blast off in case of an emergency exit? Just curious.

I just had a terrible experience: Being hit in a Bradley and not being able to jump out immediately as a "cargo"-infanterist.

War is hell.

• Like 1

I just had a terrible experience: Being hit in a Bradley and not being able to jump out immediately as a "cargo"-infanterist. I don't really know how they work in real life (since I don't have any first hand experience), but wikipedia states that the back door should open within 5 seconds for a regular exit. Is there any way to have it blast off in case of an emergency exit? Just curious.

I doubt it since they're controlled by Hydraulics.  

I doubt it since they're controlled by Hydraulics.  

But isn't there some kind of blast-off system to prevent a failure of hydraulics to happen in case of fire? Wikipedia doesn't state anything about that.

But isn't there some kind of blast-off system to prevent a failure of hydraulics to happen in case of fire?

No, they have a highly advanced escape system called "Dismounts' Outer Opening, Rescue". Otherwise known as a DOOR:

5m0eWIi.jpg

• Like 1

To add to da12thmonkey even when I rode in Bradleys in Iraq we used the DOOR to get in and out. Even without dropping the ramp it's fairly easy to get in/out even for a fat ass my size and with full combat gear and weapon.

• Like 1

To add to da12thmonkey even when I rode in Bradleys in Iraq we used the DOOR to get in and out. Even without dropping the ramp it's fairly easy to get in/out even for a fat ass my size and with full combat gear and weapon.

you were fat while you were in the army? how?!

So technically there's no need for lowering the ramp when ejecting in emergencies? I'd suggest to implement this somehow.

So technically there's no need for lowering the ramp when ejecting in emergencies? I'd suggest to implement this somehow.

we'll see what can be done about it but due to the way arma system works for in and out, i won't hold my breath if i were you

we'll see what can be done about it but due to the way arma system works for in and out, i won't hold my breath if i were you

That I did yesterday already. :D No, of course that's understandable.

Once again I showing you this ticket, its getting hot here :

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=1132

Specially that i know Bad Tankman and we are often playing in MP

Its really sick situation, dont want to offence here anyone, but your team mate is wrong here.

I'm afraid posting that here it's not gonna give it more relevance or special treatment.

So please, from now on, anything related to the feedback issues, keep it in the Feedback site :)

Most Russian tanks have extra fuel drums on the back. Maybe you guys could add them on the tanks and have them droppable like Firewills F-16.

The extra fuel tanks could give the tank extra fuel, but with the disadvantage of making the tank heavier and make it more....explosive. 

if the game engine doesn't allow the drums to explode and they can only act as a static mesh you could overcome the issue through making the rear weaker at the back. (while equipped)

Just a little idea i was thinking of, thought it was worth sharing

http://data.primeportal.net/tanks/andre_patschke/t-72/t-72_10_of_11.JPG

Most Russian tanks have extra fuel drums on the back. Maybe you guys could add them on the tanks and have them droppable like Firewills F-16.

The extra fuel tanks could give the tank extra fuel, but with the disadvantage of making the tank heavier and make it more....explosive. 

if the game engine doesn't allow the drums to explode and they can only act as a static mesh you could overcome the issue through making the rear weaker at the back. (while equipped)

Just a little idea i was thinking of, thought it was worth sharing

http://data.primeportal.net/tanks/andre_patschke/t-72/t-72_10_of_11.JPG

We considered it a while ago and decided against it. They are only used in long marches and never in combat. The size of BIS terrains would not constitute a long march as well. So for now at least we will not do this.

• Like 3

We considered it a while ago and decided against it. They are only used in long marches and never in combat. The size of BIS terrains would not constitute a long march as well. So for now at least we will not do this.

Thats true, you can drive across Altis in 20 mins.