Congrats, you have miserably failed at not offending. Please feel free to post a list of weapons/optics that you feel are not up to your standards. We will tell you which we intend to **cough** touch up or not.

I can pin here AKM textures ;)

Congrats, you have miserably failed at not offending. Please feel free to post a list of weapons/optics that you feel are not up to your standards. We will tell you which we intend to **cough** touch up or not.

Whoops! Sorry for posting feedback.

I've just heard so much about RHS as a high quality mod, so to finally download it then come across optics like this

2015-12-01_00002.jpg

was dampening to first impressions. And just for a head's-up...

2015-12-01_00003.jpg

Im still looking at the ACOG and weapon and wandering what exactly doesn't meet your expectation? Maybe you can post examples of where it is done right? And whats wrong with the second picture? Seeing the neck area as a detached head?

I think they have the best weapons out in terms of quality. Especially M4 series. 1 thing i have is the m203 variant you cant use the gl tube sight if you have an optic on there. But overall i dont see and problems with your weapons.

Aniallator, is it because of the reflection?

Because... (coming soon...)  B) 

* NOTE: remember that the game engine also limits a lot the quality, meaning we need to have compressed textures and a limited poly count.

zLWHmkC.jpg

• Like 5

LMFAO!!!! RHS has the BEST quality of any mod and or textures out there for any ArmA series. Maybe boost your settings or upgrade your PC. For crying out loud, they even have the fabric and threading textures added to uniforms, helmets, and everything else. By far this mod is the best and EXTREMELY better than any texture or model you'll get out of BI. Besides this mod is still under development, there may be things that need to get tweaked here and there, it's WIP. Btw, I'd like to see your developments and how great your models/textures are. They must be out of this world considering your expectations. Please post some pics for us...I'm sure we'd all love to see them =)

NOTE: I'd work on your people and communication skills just a bit, because that wasn't feedback....that was an insult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I understand that RHS features many A2 ports... but have some of these ports been edited at all? For example, just about every optic available to the United States Armed Forces is of astonishing low quality (I'm referring to the model/textures, not the reticle), and look at best like raw A2 ports.

lol wut

zsWT65f.jpg

You blind, son?  :huh:

• Like 13

With the Nexus update it seems that all vests from mods (including RHS) are broken. Vanilla vests are fine. Is there any news or timeline available for when RHS will release an update to address this? Thanks

With the Nexus update it seems that all vests from mods (including RHS) are broken. Vanilla vests are fine. Is there any news or timeline available for when RHS will release an update to address this? Thanks

Were you using RHS alone, or did you use any other mod when you tested it?

• Like 2

We will try to make sure that when 0.4 comes out these issues are fixed. But this was to be expected, due to the complete BIS update.

• Like 4

Just to clarify, as I guess the next question is gonna be: When are you going to release the 0.4?

Answer: When it's doneâ„¢ (as always)  ;)

• Like 3

Were you using RHS alone, or did you use any other mod when you tested it?

At first with other mods, then alone and the issue persisted. It seems to be a common issue across all the mods we use that add vests. It behaves like there is no vest at all. So it is always one shot, one kill. If I use a vanilla vest it is two to five shots depending on the type of vest.

Just to clarify, as I guess the next question is gonna be: When are you going to release the 0.4?

Answer: When it's doneâ„¢ (as always)  ;)

We will try to make sure that when 0.4 comes out these issues are fixed. But this was to be expected, due to the complete BIS update.

Seems the Arma update is making things difficult for mod makers again. Thanks for the quick response guys.

That has to do with the updated more complex armor-values. Now each vest, helmet etc needs a specific definition which section has what armorvalue.

Was mentioned here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185818-vest-has-no-armor-in-game-config-help/#entry2934821

And can also be seen in the new vanilla configs.

Before it was like this:

class ItemInfo: VestItem
		{
			uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F_EPA\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest_kerry.p3d";
			containerClass = "Supply180";
			mass = 80;
			armor = 120;
			passThrough = 0.4;
			hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo","insignia"};
		};

No its looks like this:

uniformModel="\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02";
			containerClass="Supply140";
			mass=80;
			class HitpointsProtectionInfo
			{
				class Chest
				{
					HitpointName="HitChest";
					armor=16;
					PassThrough=0.30000001;
				};
				class Diaphragm
				{
					HitpointName="HitDiaphragm";
					armor=16;
					PassThrough=0.30000001;
				};
				class Abdomen
				{
					hitpointName="HitAbdomen";
					armor=16;
					passThrough=0.30000001;
				};
				class Body
				{
					hitpointName="HitBody";
					passThrough=0.30000001;
				};
			};
  • Like 3

Actually, we won't work anymore in MARSOC stuff (as the units were deactivated last June), we'll be working on USMC Raiders stuff.

In light of this, does the RHS Team plan to include M4 CQB-R's to supplement and cover off the early genre of USMC raiders?

I am only asking you this, Mr. Ronin, because as far as I understand RHS wanted to cover two separate time periods for the US Armed Forces.

I was wondering about the Under barrel Launchers, and if you guys were ever going to add in animations for reloading them. I don't know if its a new framework feature from Nexus or if it just hasn't been done? Either Way Cant wait to 4.0!

• Like 1

I was wondering about the Under barrel Launchers, and if you guys were ever going to add in animations for reloading them. I don't know if its a new framework feature from Nexus or if it just hasn't been done? Either Way Cant wait to 4.0!

I messed around a little bit and read some of the changelog and there are new GL animations....they remind me of toadies GP-25 animations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That has to do with the updated more complex armor-values. Now each vest, helmet etc needs a specific definition which section has what armorvalue.

Was mentioned here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185818-vest-has-no-armor-in-game-config-help/#entry2934821

And can also be seen in the new vanilla configs.

Before it was like this:

class ItemInfo: VestItem
		{
			uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F_EPA\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest_kerry.p3d";
			containerClass = "Supply180";
			mass = 80;
			armor = 120;
			passThrough = 0.4;
			hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo","insignia"};
		};

No its looks like this:

uniformModel="\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02";
			containerClass="Supply140";
			mass=80;
			class HitpointsProtectionInfo
			{
				class Chest
				{
					HitpointName="HitChest";
					armor=16;
					PassThrough=0.30000001;
				};
				class Diaphragm
				{
					HitpointName="HitDiaphragm";
					armor=16;
					PassThrough=0.30000001;
				};
				class Abdomen
				{
					hitpointName="HitAbdomen";
					armor=16;
					passThrough=0.30000001;
				};
				class Body
				{
					hitpointName="HitBody";
					passThrough=0.30000001;
				};
			};

Thanks for the information...

I don't know if its a new framework feature from Nexus or if it just hasn't been done? Either Way Cant wait to 4.0!

It's a new feature. The animation source for animating the GL on the weapon itself was added a few patches ago, but the config changes for the unit to perform weapon-specific GL reloading animations came in the recent patch.

Prior to that the reload anims were specific to the magazine so you had to make custom magazines with unique animations to fit your weapon geometry if you wanted to make use of the new animation source for the weapon.

In RHS' case it probably also requires adding any of the newly named hitpoints to a character model's LOD (since they have custom character models rather than just retextured BIS units using hiddenSelectionsTextures). Otherwise the points named in the vest/uniform config don't necessarily exist in the base character model they're protecting.

BIS updated the sample character model (A3_Character_Example.p3d) to include the new hitpoints selections. So it's a matter of deleting the old points from the LOD and copy+pasting the updated LOD from the sample model.

It's a new feature. The animation source for animating the GL on the weapon itself was added a few patches ago, but the config changes for the unit to perform weapon-specific GL reloading animations came in the recent patch.

Prior to that the reload anims were specific to the magazine so you had to make custom magazines with unique animations to fit your weapon geometry if you wanted to make use of the new animation source for the weapon.

So does the Patch Make it easier for mod makers to create animations to do the job? Or is it about the same amount of work?

It's the same amount of work if one was actually bothered about making custom animations for GL ammo in the first place - it's just a matter of reconfiguring the animation from the ammunition/magazine config, to the GL muzzle. Most people didn't bother with attempting custom GL animations previously since they mostly used the game's default 40mm ammo for the sake of magazine compatibility - so most custom weapons utilised the game's default GL reload anims because they came with the magazines.

The new system is overall much better for those that want custom GL animations but it doesn't make creating the .rtm reload animation files for the character any less difficult than it has always been. There's a reason that not many community weapon addons come with proper reload anims - it's a very separate skill to texturing, modelling etc.

• Like 2

It's the same amount of work if one was actually bothered about making custom animations for GL ammo in the first place - it's just a matter of reconfiguring the animation from the ammunition/magazine config, to the GL muzzle. Most people didn't bother with attempting custom GL animations previously since they mostly used the game's default 40mm ammo for the sake of magazine compatibility - so most custom weapons utilised the game's default GL reload anims because they came with the magazines.

The new system is overall much better for those that want custom GL animations but it doesn't make creating the .rtm reload animation files for the character any less difficult than it has always been. There's a reason that not many community weapon addons come with proper reload anims - it's a very separate skill to texturing, modelling etc.

Thank you for the explanation. 

Update has also broken all (including RHS) GL animations and reverted them back to Arma 2 reload animations.I'm sure you already know about this, but just in case I'll report it here =)

Update has also broken all (including RHS) GL animations and reverted them back to Arma 2 reload animations.I'm sure you already know about this, but just in case I'll report it here =)

No, you know where to report to :P

GL animations are reverted to Arma 2 ones. All vests and plate carriers have no armour value. RHS player models are wonky, chest shots will register as headshots. I reported it to your feedback tracker, just posting here as well.