I wasn't running any of those mods. Maybe someone on the server I played on was. The rpt will say which ones I'm running.

Thanks for nothing, though, mdtorch, keep it up.

Actually, I just switched to CUP. It's not nearly as good, but I can hear people shoot.

Could it have anything to do with the fact that Windows and some apps are on a solid state and the game is installed on a separate mirrored RAID?

Again, there are only 2 mods that do this, and they're both ones I really like. It's very sad panda.

So stop being sad panda and LISTEN to what we are telling you. You are playing on unlocked servers running without keys..... other people are screwing up your game because they can run what they like.... over writing the weapons config on your machine.

I already told you we had this EXACT situation and solved it by locking the server with keys.

Last time I offer help...

I know it sounds weird but I sincerely don't know why I wanted to do it. Normally I like it when your equipment is visible on your character but for some reason it just "disturbed" me.

I've figured out how to do it and made a config file which adds invisible versions of NVGs when they are not used, they are visible when they are used. When I learned how to compile bin files and create bikeys I may release a mod, with your permission of course. Don't judge me, people could have interesting requests sometimes.  ^_^

Yup if you want to release a replacement config addon then by all means do so, we do not prohibit this, actually we encourage this :). No judgement either, we just wouldn't do it in the core mod as it does not align with our realism needs.

I wasn't running any of those mods.  Maybe someone on the server I played on was.

We told you that this was the problem. Some of these 3rd party mods incorrectly write and overwrite configs, and then they ruin the fun for the whole server. Groups playing on closed servers with carefully selected mod packs (rhs and non-rhs) do NOT experience this issue. We told you, isolate the mod that is causing this, and contact their author.

I wasn't running any of those mods.  Maybe someone on the server I played on was.  The rpt will say which ones I'm running.

Thanks for nothing, though, mdtorch, keep it up.

Actually, I just switched to CUP. It's not nearly as good, but I can hear people shoot.

Could it have anything to do with the fact that Windows and some apps are on a solid state and the game is installed on a separate mirrored RAID?

Again, there are only 2 mods that do this, and they're both ones I really like.  It's very sad panda.

SO YOU JUST ANSWERED YOU PROBLEM. "Maybe someone on the server I played on was." Thank you.

Do you have Hyperthreading turned on?

I got that with that turned on.

Seems like it's a game problem, not a mod problem, but it only seems to happen with certain mods.  Hope BIS can figure it out.

"Maybe someone on the server I played on was"

• Like 2

This is probably a strange question but is there any way to cause certain ERA block to explode via script? I've tried setHit command with various part names found in config but none of them worked.

Not a strange question at all. Here you go:

this setHitPointDamage ["era_2_hitpoint", 1];

You can also use the getAllHitPointsDamage script command to get a list of all the available hitpoints.

• Like 1

Have you got any plans for the AH-64E? It has the Ability to control UAV's which sounds badass

It has the Ability to control UAV's which sounds badass

But you can already control UAVs from inside helicopters... or any other vehicle in the game for that matter :huh:

Just put a UAV terminal in your inventory and jump in an Apache

But you can already control UAVs from inside helicopters... or any other vehicle in the game for that matter :huh:

Just put a UAV terminal in your inventory and jump in an Apache

I didn't think it worked with Air vehicles 

I didn't think it worked with Air vehicles 

Well, no reason why it should not, but it's a pretty gamey solution if you ask me, nor the most elegant. I dont know the specific process of controlling drones by the inside of a gunship, but i suspect it doesnt involve one of its crewmen taking out a tablet and fidling with it midair.

But then again Arma is no DCS (or Take on). 

Well, no reason why it should not, but it's a pretty gamey solution if you ask me, nor the most elegant. I dont know the specific process of controlling drones by the inside of a gunship, but i suspect it doesnt involve one of its crewmen taking out a tablet and fidling with it midair.

But then again Arma is no DCS (or Take on). 

probably works by Flightstick and the use of a MFD to display the UAV's camera 

Not a strange question at all. Here you go:

this setHitPointDamage ["era_2_hitpoint", 1];

You can also use the getAllHitPointsDamage script command to get a list of all the available hitpoints.

Thanks bakerman, it works splendidly. :)

probably works by Flightstick and the use of a MFD to display the UAV's camera 

It's used similar to the map display in the game's UAS terminal:

The Apache aircrew does not stick-fly the Gray Eagle. A soldier in the cockpit uses “intuitive controls†to direct its altitude and drop waypoints on an electronic map, Vedder said.

http://archive.defensenews.com/article/20130212/C4ISR01/302120027/Army-Arms-Every-Division-Gray-Eagle

Video from the UAS is fed to the MFD screen in either the pilot or CPG's cockpit.

Are you ever thinking of doing normal 3d magnified optics like in vanilla?

Are you ever thinking of doing normal 3d magnified optics like in vanilla?

we have 3d optics like in vanilla.

Are you planning to change the scope setting to "public" then?

I don't think he's talking about PIP optics, too. Didn't know RHS has 3d optics, knew about the PIP ones tho. Nice!

Sorry I should of said non-PIP ones, my bad.

Sorry I should of said non-PIP ones, my bad.

Try the RH Acc pack.  Awesomeness  :)

Are you planning to change the scope setting to "public" then?

I don't think he's talking about PIP optics, too. Didn't know RHS has 3d optics, knew about the PIP ones tho. Nice!

all scopes are public. All our collimator scopes are 3d non-pip. If you mean magnified then it is impossible. Vanilla 3d scopes have no zoom just for optic. Hence the PiP solution.

• Like 1

all scopes are public. All our collimator scopes are 3d non-pip. If you mean magnified then it is impossible. Vanilla 3d scopes have no zoom just for optic. Hence the PiP solution.

I mean more akin to the way the vanilla RCO sights for the RHS Acogs.

The vanilla method of 3D scopes looks pretty bad if you use realistic FOV/magnification values, which is why BIS' higher magnification scopes still use the 2D method as well.

The RCO, ARCO etc. are low magnification optics - they're only 2x magnification now (used to be 3.4x but BIS changed the baseline for 1x magnification). Giving them proper 4x magnification like an ACOG, based on current values, fills the screen and looks like ass so you have to move the opticview memory point further back to compensate and that causes the view to start clipping through the body.

• Like 2

RHS Team, have you guys seen this related ALiVE bug?  I know its probably not strictly RHS related, but would appreciate if someone can take a quick peek.  According to ALiVE team it may be group config related...

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/159708-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment/page-338#entry2931110