Greetings, big congrats on your latest update, I see you guys made some really nice breakthroughs since I last downloaded the mod (0.3.8 or sort of), now, I don't know if someone reported this before, I checked the last updates since this release got out and no one mentioned that the following after launching the mod in the mission editor: (Downloaded v0.3.9.1 and erased the old version, making it a clean install, for what I understand, that is a full version right?)

Notes under what I have tested this to see what I'm about to report:

-I have tried this under vanilla ArmA 3 + @RHSAFRF and @RHSUSAF, not a single mod more.

-If any of what I'm about to report was done on purpose and/or is still WIP previously mentioned in this thread, I apologize, I must have missed that post.

Now to the point I wanted to mention:

-In the Groups module, BLUFOR side, there's a faction called USA (SOCOM), inside there's an Infantry (MARSOC) class and finally some Spec op units, should I place any of those groups on the map and then try to assign myself as a player of any of those units I'll find out that those are not in the Units module, instead, a US army M113 unit is selected on the unit selection instead of what I would spect to be the infantry unit I just double clicked, and those units are no-where to be found in the editor, not under army, not under USMC, USAF or Navy ("Dude! Those are spec ops man, they are "you-were-never-here" ops man, of course you won't find them in the mission editor"... LOL just kidding)

-I don't understand why there's a navy faction with only the corpsmen for the USMC and those are not in the USMC corresponding infantry places, was this done on purpose or just a human mistake? :)

-Selected the following: USA (USMC - W) // Infantry (LAR) // Scout (Marksman), enter the preview mode on the editor with that unit and hit the inventory, I get a missing icon of the KAC SR25 (Which also has an insanely long butstock, tresspasses the soldiers shoulder, looks quite odd although I never knew if that gun actually has such a long fixed butstock like that, if possible please relieve me of the ignorance in that detail hahaha).

-So far any ACH helmet I've tried (Rifleman and a couple of Machine gunners) have the default arma icon.

That's as far as I have tried tonight on testing what you guys been up to, I love the whole content anyway, once again I apologize if I'm reporting stuff that was reported before, I checked the last 2 pages to be honest I haven't seen any new reports on all this that I mentioned, if this was mentioned before, I'm sorry that I didn't see that, the forum search function didn't help, I don't log in often to the forum and keeping up with all the posts on this thread ain't something I can do often to do it in a sane fashion, so cheers and I hope any of this helps!

Regards,

Drake.

• Like 1

Greetings, big congrats on your latest update, I see you guys made some really nice breakthroughs since I last downloaded the mod (0.3.8 or sort of), now, I don't know if someone reported this before, I checked the last updates since this release got out and no one mentioned that the following after launching the mod in the mission editor: (Downloaded v0.3.9.1 and erased the old version, making it a clean install, for what I understand, that is a full version right?)

Notes under what I have tested this to see what I'm about to report:

-I have tried this under vanilla ArmA 3 + @RHSAFRF and @RHSUSAF, not a single mod more.

-If any of what I'm about to report was done on purpose and/or is still WIP previously mentioned in this thread, I apologize, I must have missed that post.

Now to the point I wanted to mention:

-In the Groups module, BLUFOR side, there's a faction called USA (SOCOM), inside there's an Infantry (MARSOC) class and finally some Spec op units, should I place any of those groups on the map and then try to assign myself as a player of any of those units I'll find out that those are not in the Units module, instead, a US army M113 unit is selected on the unit selection instead of what I would spect to be the infantry unit I just double clicked, and those units are no-where to be found in the editor, not under army, not under USMC, USAF or Navy ("Dude! Those are spec ops man, they are "you-were-never-here" ops man, of course you won't find them in the mission editor"... LOL just kidding)

-I don't understand why there's a navy faction with only the corpsmen for the USMC and those are not in the USMC corresponding infantry places, was this done on purpose or just a human mistake? :)

-Selected the following: USA (USMC - W) // Infantry (LAR) // Scout (Marksman), enter the preview mode on the editor with that unit and hit the inventory, I get a missing icon of the KAC SR25 (Which also has an insanely long butstock, tresspasses the soldiers shoulder, looks quite odd although I never knew if that gun actually has such a long fixed butstock like that, if possible please relieve me of the ignorance in that detail hahaha).

-So far any ACH helmet I've tried (Rifleman and a couple of Machine gunners) have the default arma icon.

That's as far as I have tried tonight on testing what you guys been up to, I love the whole content anyway, once again I apologize if I'm reporting stuff that was reported before, I checked the last 2 pages to be honest I haven't seen any new reports on all this that I mentioned, if this was mentioned before, I'm sorry that I didn't see that, the forum search function didn't help, I don't log in often to the forum and keeping up with all the posts on this thread ain't something I can do often to do it in a sane fashion, so cheers and I hope any of this helps!

Regards,

Drake.

Please report issues to http://feedback.rhsmods.org/in the future, just like you we cannot keep track of 290 pages. I'll try to run down of the things you said:

- This is known and is fixed for next release already

- Corpsemen that run around with the USMC are officially part of the Navy and not the USMC in real life.

- The buttstock of the SR is disproportional but the model was made by an external author and we respect his wishes not to modify it.

- The ACH helmets is not so critical but we will see about fixing that.

• Like 1

Well... Seems like the Acog I edited landed in the hotpatch. This was actually unintended as it was a pure proof of concept.

I'm currently exploring the ways of editing the ACOGs and other sights, removing the textured lenses and replacing them with better ones.

Copy Sir,

Good luck and god speed for your future projects.

Plus I see some scopes naming woodland, tan something. I don't know what are they. Can you do same stuff with your 3D scopes like ACE3 3D scope, because we know you are dealing with low resolution.

I am sorry to say can u please work on acog scope with red dot on it.. becasue its hard to use 4x sights in CQB situations. And I also noticed that u increased the zoom of 4x. Is it 4X right now or previous version. 

And thanks a lot for spending lot of hrs. of hard work  for creating lot of stuff for us. God bless you guys.. Love u.

Hi guys.

Do you plan to release more "showcase" missions like the 3 missions you have on your site?

Thanks, and still congrats for your work.

i was wondering if you guys had plans to add the M577 Comm post & MEV versions along with a M806 refit/recovery vehicle for the us army forces.

M577 

the M577 MEV would be little better for moving people because instead of the M113 max patient load is 2 and the M577 is 4 patients 

Comm post version would be useful due to it having a better radio working with tfar, or something that can reach farther then a backpack but not as far as a aircraft radio

M806

The M806 would be great for recovering damaged tanks and other vehicles like if the engine is fried or it got stuck on a object / in a hole. it could also repair vehicle over time if pulled up beside the vehicle.

i would like to hear what you guys think about this suggestion.

Both of those sound like great ideas to me, especially because no US support vehicles are currently available in Escalation. But I thought that Redphoenix had other ideas about support vehicles, namely updating existing US trucks to act as support.

Wondering if this mod (or any really) has Surface to Air Missiles at are not wheeled but merely static. Cant find anything like that :(

Wondering if this mod (or any really) has Surface to Air Missiles at are not wheeled but merely static. Cant find anything like that :(

this one doesn't

Massi's Vehicles pack has a static stinger and IGLA launcher if thats what you're looking for 

• Like 1

Both of those sound like great ideas to me, especially because no US support vehicles are currently available in Escalation. But I thought that Redphoenix had other ideas about support vehicles, namely updating existing US trucks to act as support.

These vehicle could be better used for combat over the trucks that come with RHS esspecially the MEV M577, i could see having the medical HQ truck thats already there as a aid station or something but a combat ambulance would be of more use. The M113 is nice but a M577 has better patient carrying capacity plus its non medic cousin is a great vehicle for trying to communicate over long distances. 

Hi,

I want to report one small issue. The Russian armor vest don´t fit in the back (I know the armor vest are maded for the uniforms of your MOD). Can you please fix this in order we can use them with the AAF and Bluefor uniforms?.

Thank you and Regards.

Hi,

I want to report one small issue. The Russian armor vest don´t fit in the back (I know the armor vest are maded for the uniforms of your MOD). Can you please fix this in order we can use them with the AAF and Bluefor uniforms?.

Thank you and Regards.

no because then we cant use them with our uniforms...

Hi Soul_assassin
I know that these things have any feedback using the moment but I want to note that the 6Б23 (6Ш92) became ill sit on the model , which was not noticed in previous versions. I would also like to ask of the PTS M More work will be conducted in terms of textures ?
And yes , about the shape I wrote, but I want to hear the answer

yeah something weird is going on, we just tested ourselves and basically every one has different behavior. Its still broken imho. Trying to implement on the PTS-M, but no result.

I think i know what may be the problem. Did some of  You used RC 1.52? I was, and when i get back to stable, physX files was still from RC.

It would appear that this totally fucks up vanilla weapon sounds in multiplayer :'(

by this you mean RHS? go to feedback.rhsmods.org and fill a bug report. make sure you are running no other mod before you do that

I think i know what may be the problem. Did some of  You used RC 1.52? I was, and when i get back to stable, physX files was still from RC.

we never use anything but stable build

• Like 1

The unofficial, but highly recommended, damage fix for RHS.

If you use both RHS and stock or other mod content together then this is for you.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161885-real-armor-mod/?p=2914592

This looks awesome.  What are the pros, cons, and likelihood of getting this mod included in RHS Escalation?

One con is that it requires CBA whereas Escalation does not.

That is a shame, as the mod is apparently vital for playing RHS with mixed assets.  Is it possible to add the extended event handlers and other CBA elements to the mod so that CBA isn't required, making its inclusion in Escalation more likely?

Other than the CBA issue, what are other pros and cons?  The pros seem obvious.

That is a shame, as the mod is apparently vital for playing RHS with mixed assets.  Is it possible to add the extended event handlers and other CBA elements to the mod so that CBA isn't required, making its inclusion in Escalation more likely?

Well, RHS aim doesn't touch external assets (or mixed as you call them). so i see no reason to include it inside RHS. CBA XEH inclussion is out of the question, we do respect other's people work, beside will make compatibility with mods that require CBA even weirder.

I actually see no pros into including RAM in. This way it can be developed and released with no relation to RHS schedule. Besides, CBA dependency is not a con, is a show-stopper. 

Is it that difficult to use another mod besides RHS if you require mixed use of assets? Is modularity a bad thing?

• Like 2

If RHS wanted to be compatible with other mods, they would have leaned towards coding (or for that matter modelling) their content in line with default (i.e. vanilla ArmA3) content. They chose a different ("more realistic") path, and as such lost that cross-compatibility. I highly doubt they will include any such "damage fix" by default as it would mean undoing all their hard work in getting to this standard. The lack of cross-compatibility is my only real issue with using RHS content, however I quickly get over it because the overall quality outweighs the issue. 

EDIT: PuFu beat me to it :P

Edited by Jackal326
  • Like 1

The lack of cross-compatibility is my only real issue with using RHS content, however I quickly get over it because the overall quality outweighs the issue. 

and RAM has the solution for the cross-compatibility. It is a win-win if you ask me

Guys, today i played with Bad_tankman, an he as for an old man was runing very fast, but seriossuly too fast. He was using T-80 with shtora and he was accelerating like with Nitro - 75 KM/h or more (1). As for physX, is it normal that all BMP's 1 & 2 are turning so laggy? Its like their engine havent power at all (2). I know how hard is make proper PhysX configuration for vehicles, specially if Game developers are changing something by week, looks like they apply new physx changes in 1.52, maybe finally they trying to make amphibious tracked vehicles. In this matter i have 3 question - will you update PhysX values more often, aka hotfixes? Its real shame that your high quality vehicles are moving like WW II tiger tanks.

Guys, today i played with Bad_tankman, an he as for an old man was runing very fast, but seriossuly too fast. He was using T-80 with shtora and he was accelerating like with Nitro - 75 KM/h or more.

You should consider that the GTD turbine of any T80 has way more torque than any other diesel powered tracked vehicle. They actually go like hell if you want.

As for physX, is it normal that all BMP's 1 & 2 are turning so laggy? Its like their engine havent power at all (2). I know how hard is make proper PhysX configuration for vehicles, specially if Game developers are changing something by week, looks like they apply new physx changes in 1.52, maybe finally they trying to make amphibious tracked vehicles. In this matter i have 3 question - will you update PhysX values more often, aka hotfixes? Its real shame that your high quality vehicles are moving like WW II tiger tanks.

Hotfixes for physX are never to be expected. We look at it once in a while to check if the engine code changed anything, and if we feel like it did we try to push some fixes to the next version.

Just to make two things clear.

RAM is integrated in RHS. This is the reason why RHS HEAT warheads don't do full damage against non-RHS vehicles and its the only "major" compatibility issue.

The RAM mod (not related to RHS) applies the HEAT improvements to all content, thus solving the RHS compatibility issue.