Fantastic work on the PTS-M! If people aren't aware it's possible to drive a vehicle up the ramp, when the ramp is closed it will remain properly attached and you can then drive the PTS-M around. The 2S25 tank just about fits on, that was, entertaining to say the least. :D If only BI would fix tracked amphibians, I feel a sea based grad would be a good plan.

Not sure if it's from BI or someone else or if it's an accident, but most tracked vehicles are amphibious right now. Which actually left me kinda surprised to see the PTS-M not be amphibious. 

Not sure if it's from BI or someone else or if it's an accident, but most tracked vehicles are amphibious right now. Which actually left me kinda surprised to see the PTS-M not be amphibious. 

ah come on :) where did you see this? BIS doesnt have any tracked amphibious vehicles. So where did you see this?

• Like 1

i tested it and it's something you have installed 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/686027239887172603/A0C1F6C0AAE352DB816D0DD69D8D99AE47FCF677/

I tested it with a few vehicles, got the same result 

though the Skud missile tuck floats for some reason 

Congrats for the update.

Are there any new chopper or plane though?

ah come on :) where did you see this? BIS doesnt have any tracked amphibious vehicles. So where did you see this?

In-game.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/427067728177326869/82A77EABE20F0896F3BBF504B2B71CE685B17DF1/

No Bi doesn't, but you do. Most of your BMP's have been amphibious since 0.3.8. Though with the latest patch they don't seem to turn anymore in the water. The M113 does still turn except for the Ammo variant.

Edit: http://imgur.com/a/rZaPZ They just float now though after the most recent ACE update, can't steer any of em anymore.

i tested it and it's something you have installed 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/686027239887172603/A0C1F6C0AAE352DB816D0DD69D8D99AE47FCF677/

I tested it with a few vehicles, got the same result 

though the Skud missile tuck floats for some reason 

Well main issue with that screen shot is that it's a tank.. none of the tanks are amphibious..

But yeah guess it is something my group uses in their mod pack.

Have you installed the paddle mod or ace?

Some mode makes them probably amphibious, but it's just a hacky solution.

ps:

Just to make it clear

Every wheeled vehicle can be amphibious.

Every tracked vehicle cannot be amphibious.

In-game.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/427067728177326869/82A77EABE20F0896F3BBF504B2B71CE685B17DF1/

No Bi doesn't, but you do. Most of your BMP's have been amphibious since 0.3.8. Though with the latest patch they don't seem to turn anymore in the water. The M113 does still turn except for the Ammo variant.

Edit: http://imgur.com/a/rZaPZ They just float now though after the most recent ACE update, can't steer any of em anymore.

Well main issue with that screen shot is that it's a tank.. none of the tanks are amphibious..

But yeah guess it is something my group uses in their mod pack.

It doesnt work, the reason you are movin is because you have momentum when you enter the water. If you start in water you will see that you cant move. Some of our stuff can float yes, but all can't swim.

Just to clarify RedPhoenix: they CAN be amphibious BUT you cannot control them.

Have you installed the paddle mod or ace?

Some mode makes them probably amphibious, but it's just a hacky solution.

ps:

Just to make it clear

Yeah we use ACE, also have paddle mod but not launching it with the game. And yeah tracked have never been amphibious for A3 sicne the start, thats a shame.

It doesnt work, the reason you are movin is because you have momentum when you enter the water. If you start in water you will see that you cant move. Some of our stuff can float yes, but all can't swim.

Just to clarify RedPhoenix: they CAN be amphibious BUT you cannot control them.

Well that's how it is now after the ACE update.

in that screenshot i was legitimately "driving" around in the water, and even yesterday as well in the M113. Driving slowly into the water, stopping, then moving again, turning left and right.

Yeah, so ACE used the hacky paddle mod to make our vehicles amphibious.

But we won't do that, as we better wait for a hardcoded version, even when it means that we have to wait until Tanoa arrives.

• Like 1

Any plans to make some of the vehicles' (M113s notably) driver 1P positions playable without PiP enabled?

Absolutely not Redphoenix this is not the case, ACE3 doesn't touch ANYTHING related to tracked vehicle physx configs.

I can also confirm after some testing that WITHOUT any other mods than RHS 0.3.9 the BMPs CAN drive around water.

Absolutely not Redphoenix this is not the case, ACE3 doesn't touch ANYTHING related to tracked vehicle physx configs.

I can also confirm after some testing that WITHOUT any other mods than RHS 0.3.9 the BMPs CAN drive around water.

Yup. Infact ACE seems to be getting in the way of it, playing without ACE and only RHS the M113 seems to always be working perfectly in the water. Appose to with ACE where it sometimes doesn't move and only  worked with momentum or keeps spinning to the left.

Just made this:   http://i.imgur.com/ZgV0b1y.webm

I was just putting on info to another - Don't judge me :P

That's weird because, based on the Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, "Anything is amphibious if you can get it back out of the water." :) 

Thx for the release ! Lots of great contents !!

Any chance the particle effects for the 240 and 249 could be reduced a tad, sometimes it lags up the game when your shooting either. Also makes it quite hard to see what your shooting at most of the time.

Yup. Infact ACE seems to be getting in the way of it, playing without ACE and only RHS the M113 seems to always be working perfectly in the water. Appose to with ACE where it sometimes doesn't move and only  worked with momentum or keeps spinning to the left.

Just made this:   http://i.imgur.com/ZgV0b1y.webm

yeah something weird is going on, we just tested ourselves and basically every one has different behavior. Its still broken imho. Trying to implement on the PTS-M, but no result.

• Like 1

Is anyone else experiencing improper FCS LRF returns when firing at a vehicle from a different elevation?  Abrams firing at a T90 from 2.2km on the dry lake bed's Southern edge, at the elevated portion, will constantly get shots landing short and requiring repeated manual adjustment.

Is there any chance of beefing the AR15 / 5.56 sounds a bit for the next update?

They were more "oomph:y" before in 0.3.8, and although they've might been a bit too oomph:y (and I understand the change) .... all AR15's sounds kind of like BB-guns now.

Imho (for what it's worth) a middle ground between 0.3.8 and 0.3.9 would be neat-o :)

Really cool update so far, haven't had to try everything yet.

Better late than never:

I did the mixdown of the M4 with tired ears. This means that I didn't hear the high frequencies clearly anymore, which gave me the impression that the sound is too bassy, which lead to me removing too much low end, blabla.

Long story short: M4 will get a tiiiiiiny bit more punch so that it's comparable to the M16 :)

• Like 1

@ Commented out EMR 6Sh92s

May I ask the reason why?

laxemann: you are now permitted to impregnate me.

<3 <3

• Like 1

If I have tanks to drive slow they still go very fast if it's downhill bumping around like radio cars. First time I tried to do an ambush of a couple of T-72s in convoy I missed them as I couldn't get ready in time as they raced by like race cars.  I tried limited speed but it was almost the same.

It's a shame that the tanks have no impression of being strong and heavy, but I guess I can blame PhysX limitation?

Any feedback trackers I can vote up?

I tested out the amphibious vehicles earlier. I found that all vehicles I tried did nothing on the standard build. However when switching too the dev build I got some results. Could it be that BIS are trying out some fixes on the dev branch?

If I have tanks to drive slow they still go very fast if it's downhill bumping around like radio cars. First time I tried to do an ambush of a couple of T-72s in convoy I missed them as I couldn't get ready in time as they raced by like race cars.  I tried limited speed but it was almost the same.

It's a shame that the tanks have no impression of being strong and heavy, but I guess I can blame PhysX limitation?

Any feedback trackers I can vote up?

A zillion billion things in Arma breaks armor immersion. Lack of recoil, lack of realistic turret traversal, abysmal driver and commander AI, vanilla rounds are shameful compared to RHS's, tank momentum still needs MUCH more tweaking, crew that pop out like ninjas within microseconds of receiving hits (sometimes the tanks aren't even combat-ineffective), no smoke mechanics, no helo engagement with main cannon, no HE engagement against footmobiles, no hull-down tactics (and you can't switch between driver and gunner fast enough to pop up and shoot and hide).. M1TP1 did it better in the 1980s. Personally I use armor as support units when I play, not main battle elements. Can't have enough people to crew enough tanks and IFVs for any fun battles. Being able to turn out and engage with your weapons is a plus though that's not available in any tank sims.

I really hope RHS implements ammo cookoff in the future. AGM had it, it was imperfect since all tanks basically burned up without distinction, but thanks to having a known quantity of armor RHS can decide which models to implement this on.

• Like 3