'parrently, the US army has finally decided on the new shape of the ACU, as well as a new camouflage pattern. Doesn't look as smooth as multicam, and lacks the vertical elements it seems. No mention of combat shirts in the references I found though. There's two posts here:

http://kitup.military.com/2015/06/army-unveils-design-combat-uniform.html

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/06/02/us-army-issues-alaract-ocp-transition/

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/06/01/us-army-issues-implementation-details-ocp-transition/

Picture here: http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/7c1aa222362f035081f71b7f357ce264eaf36ca0/c%3D0-94-4192-2462%26r%3Dx1683%26c%3D3200x1680/local/-/media/2015/05/05/GGM/MilitaryTimes/635664268844517993-ARM-ACU-OCP.jpg

I suspect making a new model to this spec is too much, as you also stated the timeframe for the models ingame was more around the 2014 era max it also doesn't fit in there, but will you consider possibly making a new uniform model with the new camouflage at some point, possibly using the lightweight carrier? I just think that Red Hammer is the mod that has the greatest prospect at succeeding in an implementation of this new uniform, seeing the ton of talent you have behind you.

• Like 1

'parrently, the US army has finally decided on the new shape of the ACU, as well as a new camouflage pattern.

Fortunately. The ACU shirt is already in our plans.  ;)

Hey guys,

I asked this a couple of pages back, but I presume it must've gone unnoticed:

Not sure if it's been asked already, but wouldn't it be better if the M4s, M4A1s, etc. were held by the handguard instead of the magazine to avoid the left arm clipping through the torso/vest?

I asked this a couple of pages back, but I presume it must've gone unnoticed:

Well, the truth is that is not a priority right now. Specially having in mind that holding the weapon by the mag is quite a usual firing position in the US Army & USMC.

On the other hand, I'm afraid arm clipping with the vests would still happen with the animation change, just check the vanilla weapons. 

OT: I hope to see you in the next JxS stream   ;)

• Like 1

Fortunately. The ACU shirt is already in our plans.  ;)

Great news. On the subject of the US army clothing however, will these be replaced by new models in time? I remember Sabre stating that the models were originally not created for ARMA. Will you guys replace those models with custom made ones (like the USMC frog model). That is not to say the current models are not up to spec, but compared to the USMC frog models they seem a bit 'clunky'. Combined with ARMA's animations the US army models look a bit disproportionate at places (e.g. the arms) even with your continued tweaking of the weighing. There's also the minor issue of US gear (vests) not being interchangeable between the USMC and army models. It's nothing major, but there are some clipping issues. 

On the subject of the US army clothing however, will these be replaced by new models in time?

Not really, we are happy of how they look right now. :) 

Besides the USMC FROG have a different cut than the US Army uniforms. In fact are USMC FROG uniforms the ones that have been tweaked because they didn't meet our standards. 

Great news. On the subject of the US army clothing however, will these be replaced by new models in time? I remember Sabre stating that the models were originally not created for ARMA. Will you guys replace those models with custom made ones (like the USMC frog model). That is not to say the current models are not up to spec, but compared to the USMC frog models they seem a bit 'clunky'. Combined with ARMA's animations the US army models look a bit disproportionate at places (e.g. the arms) even with your continued tweaking of the weighing. There's also the minor issue of US gear (vests) not being interchangeable between the USMC and army models. It's nothing major, but there are some clipping issues. 

the truth is a lot of the character and vests models are ported (or designed even if they never seen light of day) back in A2 days, using A2 character as a base for weights. That said, several things have changed since then, and while it would be nice to be able to redo them all (or at least reweight the older one), it is a gargantuan task in itself to do it, so i wouldn't expect it to happen. This is part of the reason behind some of the clippings that occur and some weird positions with vests. It would be nice to be able to adjust things easily (position in relation to character first then follow weights) but it is not possible as it is. 

If we were to start from scratch with most of the units, vest and gear that we have in RHS and were done with A2 in mind (or had their foundations back then) and had upgrades for A3, we would never move forward a step for the next couple of years. It is a pity, but that is how it is. 

I, for one, completely understand the approach you guys take to mod development. Since you're not a fully-financed on-site studio, a bunch of very motivated people is very important.

Changing your priorities in favor of content quantity is a wise choice, IMHO. Sometimes, it's better to hava not-so-perfect thing out in the game than close it in the pipeline until perfection.

• Like 1

Will there be any more Russian uniforms? Not complaining that there are too few of course, but just wondering if perhaps we will see VSR, TTsKO, or KLMK patterns? I understand they are probably a bit too old for the era RHS is going for, but there are some VSR vests in the armoury, as well as the Afghanka looking uniform, so my interest was piqued about older equipment, to say the least haha.

• Like 2

Has anyone mentioned already that with the 1.48 update the FOV for all the AKs is far to wide and aiming at anything further away than 100 meters has become damn near impossible? I'd be really glad if someone would have a fix for that (or if a hotfix is in sight).

Has anyone mentioned already that with the 1.48 update the FOV for all the AKs is far to wide and aiming at anything further away than 100 meters has become damn near impossible? I'd be really glad if someone would have a fix for that (or if a hotfix is in sight).

Yeah it's due to recent FOV changes made by Bohemia. Default "naked eye" view, holding right mouse button, is 3x for vanilla. For RHS it's stuck at the old values, being 2x I believe.

I'm pretty sure the next release of RHS will introduce the FOV consistency updates to the game.

Yeah it's due to recent FOV changes made by Bohemia. Default "naked eye" view, holding right mouse button, is 3x for vanilla. For RHS it's stuck at the old values, being 2x I believe.

I'm pretty sure the next release of RHS will introduce the FOV consistency updates to the game.

I had hoped there already was a hotfix for this, because, quite frankly, the russian weapons are damn near unusable thanks to this.

Question (like you haven't got millions of them already :V) - How exactly does the armour system with RHS work? I'm trying to make a replacement config to make vanilla tanks compatible with RHS, and RHS launchers and AT weapons compatible with vanilla vehicles. So far I believe you're using very precise damage values to model armour, but it would be nice to have some clarification on this.

Question (like you haven't got millions of them already :V) - How exactly does the armour system with RHS work? I'm trying to make a replacement config to make vanilla tanks compatible with RHS, and RHS launchers and AT weapons compatible with vanilla vehicles. So far I believe you're using very precise damage values to model armour, but it would be nice to have some clarification on this.

It's quite complex. Maybe Bakerman can give a proper explanation.

But in any case, there's gonna be soon a mod that will allow that precisely, the compatibility between RHS and vanilla armor systems :)

• Like 2

But in any case, there's gonna be soon a mod that will allow that precisely, the compatibility between RHS and vanilla armor systems :)

When installing this mod finally can be used with the AT-means RHS armor coming from other mods (BWM, BAF, etc., that use vanilla reservation system) and, accordingly, on the contrary, means AT other mods with appliances RHS?

That would be great.

Will you guys ever be updating the A-10? Possibly adding a service menu or anything? I feel it can be way more capable than what it currently its. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Damage_Description

• Like 1

To add to what the others have said and in short:

A3 HEAT = HE bomb

RHS HEAT = HE element which forms a CE penetrator(s)/bullet(s) upon impact (ais_ce_penetrators[] = { "" } cfgAmmo value)

A3 armor = No difference in KE/CE, everything built out of WW2 steel

RHS armor = Composite armor plates with different KE/CE protection values

A3 ERA = Nothing, it's probably represented as additional armor value

RHS ERA =  Destructible components with KE/CE protection

A3 damage = Destroy tank with 9mm

RHS damage = Get something bigger, but still WIP

• Like 4

To add to what the others have said and in short:

A3 HEAT = HE bomb

RHS HEAT = HE element which forms a CE penetrator(s)/bullet(s) upon impact (ais_ce_penetrators[] = { "" } cfgAmmo value)

A3 armor = No difference in KE/CE, everything built out of WW2 steel

RHS armor = Composite armor plates with different KE/CE protection values

A3 ERA = Nothing, it's probably represented as additional armor value

RHS ERA =  Destructible components with KE/CE protection

A3 damage = Destroy tank with 9mm

RHS damage = Get something bigger, but still WIP

And this is why you're the best. You created your own "systems" just like in ace for arma 2, but more realistic, enjoyable etc. and this is still WIP. Maybe some more gameplay modifications in further plans just like ACE 3 things? You can create big mod with no need to use other mods (eventually some sound mod :P ).... and maybe some day completly standalone project just like DayZ with cooperaation with BIS. People would sh*t themselves :D :D ;)

standalone project just like DayZ with cooperaation with BIS. People would sh*t themselves :D :D ;)

Would that just make it ARMA 4? 

• Like 1

Not really, we are happy of how they look right now. :) 

Besides the USMC FROG have a different cut than the US Army uniforms. In fact are USMC FROG uniforms the ones that have been tweaked because they didn't meet our standards. 

Yeah, because ACUs make you look like a potato!

• Like 3

the truth is a lot of the character and vests models are ported (or designed even if they never seen light of day) back in A2 days, using A2 character as a base for weights. That said, several things have changed since then, and while it would be nice to be able to redo them all (or at least reweight the older one), it is a gargantuan task in itself to do it, so i wouldn't expect it to happen. This is part of the reason behind some of the clippings that occur and some weird positions with vests. It would be nice to be able to adjust things easily (position in relation to character first then follow weights) but it is not possible as it is. 

If we were to start from scratch with most of the units, vest and gear that we have in RHS and were done with A2 in mind (or had their foundations back then) and had upgrades for A3, we would never move forward a step for the next couple of years. It is a pity, but that is how it is. 

No worries. Like I said, it's a minor thing really. I'm just glad we have high quality US and Russian military units available in one comprehensive package. RHS (and its previous iterations) have been a staple in my OFP/ARMA experience so I'm glad you guys are around. 

Three other unrelated questions though. The m240 models currently dont allow for the attachment of IR pointers (or flashlights). Will this be fixed in the future? Similarly, will you allow the AN/PEQ 15 to be mounted on the m136 launchers? Finally, with regards to the russian soldiers. Will you model a modern chest rig for your machinegunners? I'm not really knowledgeable on russian military equipment, but I think this is an MG setup for the 6SH112 rig?

infrareddimming Remind me important thing - flashlights for AK74M
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/t51.2885-15/e15/10448891_454169751395837_191335511_n.jpg
http://41.media.tumblr.com/3c77f962b07990b8108cdfefa1c4dfad/tumblr_n15e27fV5V1rvhbxso1_500.jpg   (upper one)

And some good forum:
https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=56&t=92926

it would be great if there appear this option for Russian rifles as well. BTW i'm creating night, scarry mission...... I will share more details soon. :D

• Like 1

Can you add more frequent traces to the M2 on the Abrams FEP. Quite hard to use the tank gun at range