Why are there so many variants of the same weapon in RHS? Why not make the weapons use the rail system? Instead of having say an AK74, and AK74w/gl, AK74 etc..... would it not be better to just have the AK74, AKS74, AKM74, and AK74 GL?

It just makes adding RHS to Wasteland more difficult than it needs to be. As it is, there are so so so many variants of the weapons to add to stores and spawns that it seems pointless. Just have the stock, base model and attach stuff. Except of course for the GL since you need that as a stock model as well.

I disagree, you could just exempt most variations of the AK74M from Wasteland, so that the you only got one rifle, but for most people I think the more variations the better, since we all have different preferences.

Why are there so many variants of the same weapon in RHS? Why not make the weapons use the rail system?

In our mod as in real life there's different variants in service. It wouldn't make much sense, from the realism point of view to make all AK for instance to use the same attachment system.

It just makes adding RHS to Wasteland more difficult than it needs to be.

To tell you the truth, when we work in our mod, we don't have in mind any specific game variant. We try to create a pack that can be used in any mode, be it Single Player or MultiPlayer.

In fact, most people ask for more variety, instead of less. So I'm afraid your point of view is a minority one.

The easiest way you can solve the issue is to simply blacklist certain weapons from the mission you want. :)

• Like 4

Why are there so many variants of the same weapon in RHS? Why not make the weapons use the rail system? Instead of having say an AK74, and AK74w/gl, AK74 etc..... would it not be better to just have the AK74, AKS74, AKM74, and AK74 GL?

Because the current Arma 3 attachment system doesn't allow for choice of backup optics, folding stocks, different magazines, or under-barrel attachments like grenade launchers or foregrips.

I know it might seem like it sometimes, but RHS isn't capable of magic...

Nor do we influence how Bohemia makes their game.

• Like 1

It just makes adding RHS to Wasteland more difficult than it needs to be. As it is, there are so so so many variants of the weapons to add to stores and spawns that it seems pointless. Just have the stock, base model and attach stuff. Except of course for the GL since you need that as a stock model as well.

i stopped reading at the bolded part

• Like 3

Will you guys be adding the T-14 or will it be too OP?

Too OP? Mate it looks like it was made out of plastic. (Providing you're referring to the IRL one they revealed) 

Hi Folks,

Question: seems pretty much all the US weapons are scoped even the SAW - is that common practice with todays US military or should I try removing some of the scopes via scripts ?

Thanks for a great pack !

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

Question: seems pretty much all the US weapons are scoped even the SAW - is that common practice with todays US military or should I try removing some of the scopes via scripts ?

Thanks for a great pack !

Regards,

Scott

Yes its very much common place in the United States Military for optics to be used on weapons. In the Marine Corps its standard for every M4 and M16 to be issued with an RCO/Acog, and not uncommon at all for SAW's(a few years ago before the M27) to have either an RCO or some other optic. As for the Army, in the limited experience I have with them it appears the Aimpoint is more prevalent, although I have seen a few RCO's as well.

• Like 1

Hi...

Understand - thanks for the detailed response...

;)

Regards,
Scott

It's a requirement of the current BIS system to be able to produce units with different loadouts, as ballistic09 was saying. So, while you as a player can just get one stock M4 and attach anything you want to it, you can't do the same to add the same weapon you end up having, to a unit, through it's config files. In the config file that describes what a unit will use as a weapon, you have to tell the engine the class of the weapon, and there's no place to tell it what to attach to that weapon. Therefore, any configuration you want to use of a given weapon, end up being a weapon class, separated from the others, apparently making no sense at all.

• Like 1

Too OP? Mate it looks like it was made out of plastic. (Providing you're referring to the IRL one they revealed) 

It has the Active protection (which the M1A2 TUSK has) and the 360 degree awareness system used with the F35. I dont get why people hate on Russian equipment when it's just as good as anything the US has  

• Like 1

It has the Active protection (which the M1A2 TUSK has) and the 360 degree awareness system used with the F35. I dont get why people hate on Russian equipment when it's just as good as anything the US has  

Eassyyyy brother.

No one knows yet what the T-14 is actually capable off. It could be that in the end it's crap.

Edit:

Before a discussion about wether it is good or bad is going to start: That wasn't my intention, and as long it's not actually fielded and tested, no one knows what's going on there.

So lets better wait for that to happen.

• Like 1

@officeramr @XxGetBuck123 @Redphoenix

Please refrain from going off-topic. This is not the place to discuss the T-14.

And to answer your question officeramr. We focus on equipment that's currently fielded by regular forces, so that excludes the T-14.

• Like 2

Any chance of MI-28? I saw CMA MI-28 and there was sayed, Veteran Mod and RHS will create their own versions of that chopper.

• Like 1

Any chance of MI-28?

The RHS is not even an AK-74, РПК-74 and РПО. No Ф-1, Ð Ð“О and РГÐ. What's the MИ-28?

Any chance of MI-28? I saw CMA MI-28 and there was sayed, Veteran Mod and RHS will create their own versions of that chopper.

There was this one guy making a Mi-28 and was absorbed into RHS (or so i remember)

Is there a way I can replace the RHS russia's AK74 with toadies versions? Toadie's are of higher quality. (so to clarify: I want the russian soldiers to use toadie's AK guns)

Is there a way I can replace the RHS russia's AK74 with toadies versions? Toadie's are of higher quality. (so to clarify: I want the russian soldiers to use toadie's AK guns)

Well you really only have the following options:

1) make a replacement config (mod)

2) use Arsenal to create your own loadouts, then export them to editor into init of a unit

3) keep bragging about how "crap" something is compared to other stuff and get hate replies because you deserve them for not being polite/respectful to other peoples FREE efforts =/

• Like 3

The usual way, edit your soldiers in the editor or make your own config. 

Really interesting statement considering that A.) we don't have AK-74s in our mod and B.) afaik Toadie doesn't have AK-74Ms in his mod...  :huh:

Shit. I am so sorry. It was not my intention to be rude, or to imply that your AK's were in any way inferior. I have worded this incredibly stupidly. And considering the amount of content you guys have given my arma for free, saying you did anything badly would be just incredibly rude. I should not have used "higher quality". My bad english is to blame. :( Please allow me to explain:

What I wanted to say was that I live in a country where we used to use kalashnikovs in our army, and it just so happens that toadie's ak's actually are identical to the ones we had. RHS' kalashnikovs on the other hand have some minor details (stuff that wouldn't normally matter) done differently. It might seem peculiar, but it's just that I'd really like to have this in my game.  :)

When I said AK74 I was just generalizing. What I would in fact want to do is swap the AK-74M from RHS with toadies' Izhmash AK74. I have tried looking at creating custom configs, but I don't know how to do that. So if I understand this correctly there's no easy way to do this? :(

• Like 2

Shit. I am so sorry. It was not my intention to be rude, or to imply that your AK's were in any way inferior. I have worded this incredibly stupidly. And considering the amount of content you guys have given my arma for free, saying you did anything badly would be just incredibly rude. I should not have used "higher quality". My bad english is to blame. :( Please allow me to explain:

What I wanted to say was that I live in a country where we used to use kalashnikovs in our army, and it just so happens that toadie's ak's actually are identical to the ones we had. RHS' kalashnikovs on the other hand have some minor details (stuff that wouldn't normally matter) done differently. It might seem peculiar, but it's just that I'd really like to have this in my game.   :)

When I said AK74 I was just generalizing. What I would in fact want to do is swap the AK-74M from RHS with toadies' Izhmash AK74. I have tried looking at creating custom configs, but I don't know how to do that. So if I understand this correctly there's no easy way to do this? :(

dont feel bad AT ALL DUDE... everyone here overreacted ... I mean seriously folks he didnt at any point say that RHS weapons were CRAP as you stated..... You cannot deny that someones gun model might look better then someone elses. so, are you going to berate someone that simply says he wants the weapon that looks better to him and to him is of higher quality... what a bunch of jack asses, and bandwagoneers... I personally have not stopped using RHS ESK in my missions and on my server, but i didnt think anything of what this person stated... he had a question and he was slammed for "other peoples assumptions" ...  but yes they are correct to do what you would like means either making a @mod that will put those weapons in the hands ot the faction and soldiers you want. or create a mission and on each unit go in and edit ther loadout via the units INIT. good luck

• Like 4

What I wanted to say was that I live in a country where we used to use kalashnikovs in our army, and it just so happens that toadie's ak's actually are identical to the ones we had. RHS' kalashnikovs on the other hand have some minor details (stuff that wouldn't normally matter) done differently. It might seem peculiar, but it's just that I'd really like to have this in my game.   :)

It's no problem at all! I didn't intend to imply any harsh tone, nor did I interpret any from you--just wanted some clarification on what you meant as far the AK goes. :D

Afaik, you would need to probably inherit the soldier classes and just make alternate ones with Toadie's AK-74s. Hopefully that helps.  :)

• Like 1

I have tried looking at creating custom configs, but I don't know how to do that. So if I understand this correctly there's no easy way to do this? :(

Let's make it simple, add this line in the init line of the editor (you have to change the CustomWeapon for the weapon classname you want):

this addWeapon "CustomWeapon";

Probably you will also need this line for the magazine (you have to change the CustomMagazine for the magazine classname you want):

this addItemToVest "CustomMagazine";

Check this image

If you have any more doubts send me a PM. 

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Still learning the ropes here at Arma - actually setup my first fully Alive enabled mission the other night with your RHS mod and it's fantastic !!!

Quick question - whenever I fire rockets from the RHS Helicopters - the sound repeats 4 times even though a single rocket is fired... Is this a known issue or a problem with then setup on my end ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott