I have another request for RHS team. 

Can you keep up the good work?

:D

Maybe?

• Like 1

What's up with some of the vehicles having either no interior or incredibly low quality interior? Is that just a placeholder, and a thing you guys are working on, but you've released the cars as a sort of alpha?

That was part of our decision to release semi-releases, it's all explained in our official website. In our our Wiki you will find more info on the status of the vehicles.    :)

Why do the rangefinders not work in vehicles anymore? I only ever get °0000 no matter what I do. Pressing tab, pressing t, doesn't change anything. The numbers sometimes flash after I press a button, but they return to 0. So, how do i range?

Our rangefinders, as real life ones have limitations (minimum and maximum range among others).

It's always good to check our Wiki where it details that kind of functions (some of the entries are still W.I.P, but you can get the general idea).

- - -

Can you keep up the good work?

We'll try our best  ;)

• Like 1

Is there any chance to rework interiors of BMP's?  Reyhard from RDS Tank Pack had some very good quality - this would allow to interior view same as in bradleys.

Is there any chance to rework interiors of BMP's?  Reyhard from RDS Tank Pack had some very good quality - this would allow to interior view same as in bradleys.

I'm afraid that would be the last of our priorities.

BTW Reyhard (who is a member of RHS) Tank pack is a port from the Arma 2 vanilla ones, while our BMPs are made from scratch and have realistic proportions and details.  :)

Thing is. We at RHS are focusing mainly in widely used stuff in service in regular units. 

And the L-ATV (aka the JLTV winner) won't be in service in the USMC & US Army until 2018. So don't expect it any time soon.

- - -

On the other hand, the M-ATV is indeed used a lot, and it has become the main MRAP of use in A-Stan, as well as in both USMC & US Army units around the Globe. 

So probably, we may release the M-ATV soonishâ„¢ (if you follow the Twitch streams, you'll know that the exterior is almost done).

The M-ATV and J-LTV are basically the same vehicle in terms of how it will be used in game anyways.... The J-LTV was a 2nd evolution of the M-ATV..... I don't speak for you guys, but it wouldn't seem necessary to make the J-LTV if you already have put work into the M-ATV

Just a note, RHS: you shouldn't be afraid to release vehicles without interiors. If all else functions corrently, a detailed interior is the last thing people give a shit about, even when playing in 1st person. IMHO.

Hopefully with next update you guys include finished truck interiors. Keep up the good work and wish you all as much determination as you had before winning MANW contest.

• Like 2

Hopefully with next update you guys include finished truck interiors. Keep up the good work and wish you all as much determination as you had before winning MANW contest.

Nope, you'll still be looking at the unfinished RG-33 and FMTVs a little longer.  B)

• Like 3

Will you guys be adding the T-14 or will it be too OP?

Will you guys be adding the T-14 or will it be too OP?

At this point it is not planned.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Custom load outs

Brand new to Arma and making missions... Thank god I found your realistic content as opposed to the vanilla stuff which wouldn't hold my interest for long... Lov'n every RHS minute of it... So I'm working my way through my first mission creation - with the detailed Arma 1 guide in hand and playing around with the editor - I've found examples and made a very simple script to add NVG's to a unit... It seems that Arma doesn't have any tool to make custom load outs easy and user friendly... While not an expert - I am familiar with programming and from what I've found in order to "script" custom load outs - you need to know the "name" of each piece of gear... So my question is - is there a list of the official names for each piece of RHS content published somewhere - so I can use scripts to modify load outs ? 

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott  

Hi...

Thanks so much for the prompt response - I'll take a look tonight - much appreciated - sir !

:)

Regards,
Scott

Yes just get the unit you want to load out into the editor, drop down a Virtual Aresenal - gear up... and copy the loadout out as text. You can then paste this back into the unit init or into a more sophisticated Loadout script..

• Like 1

Hi,

Can you please make a version of the M4 and M16's without the handguards?

• Like 1

Can you please make a version of the M4 and M16's without the handguards?

I'm afraid that's not in our plans, as our aim is to reproduce the US Armed forces in the 2010-2015 period, not the 90s. 

If I can ask, why would you like that?

I'm afraid that's not in our plans, as our aim is to reproduce the US Armed forces in the 2010-2015 period, not the 90s. 

I suppose a plain jane m16a2 model would be nice for garrison troops. A legacy weapon like that would make a nice weapon for opfor/greenfor troops as well. But all things considered it's not really an essential weapon probably. Especially since it's not really in service anymore with front line units.

• Like 2

A small question: will tanks be fitted with FFV ability in the future? While firing itself is not extremely useful, a possibility for tank commander to use his binocular while turned out is huge advantage.

I didn't mean the old style M16 and M4, I meant the rails on the frontguard without the handguard panels on it, like they were in version 0.3.0.

I just like them alot more without the panels on the side, like in this picture.

soldier_M4.jpg

• Like 2

Any chance of seeing uniforms with rolled sleeves? Would be a nice addition to the uniforms.

OSW.jpg

Afgh-USMC-Nawa-firefight.jpg

military-tattoo-ban-wp.jpg

• Like 3

Not sure if it's been asked already, but wouldn't it be better if the M4s, M4A1s, etc. were held by the handguard instead of the magazine to avoid the left arm clipping through the torso/vest?

• Like 3

Why are there so many variants of the same weapon in RHS? Why not make the weapons use the rail system? Instead of having say an AK74, and AK74w/gl, AK74 etc..... would it not be better to just have the AK74, AKS74, AKM74, and AK74 GL?

It just makes adding RHS to Wasteland more difficult than it needs to be. As it is, there are so so so many variants of the weapons to add to stores and spawns that it seems pointless. Just have the stock, base model and attach stuff. Except of course for the GL since you need that as a stock model as well.