If you do add that mortar can we mount it on vehicles like in these pictures

That's the idea.  ;)

I have updated Blastcore Tracers to support RHS: Escalation ammunition, you can download it from here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29359

Check it out and tell me what you think.

Nice work  :)

"  The BMP-3's armour is arguably the best out of all IFVs in its weight class and perhaps even beyond it. It should be noted that during the selection process for the successor to the BMP-2, the existence of highly effective American 25mm APDS ammunition played a significant role. In fact, it directly led to Kurganmashzavod suggesting to base the new IFV on the light tank chassis of Obyekt 685. Overall, the argon-welded aluminium hull of the vehicle provides guaranteed protection from ground-level 155mm shell splinters and small arms fire, which is a definitive trait of all IFVs. Early BMP-3's are often observed with "smooth" and plain hulls, though it can have bolt-on steel overlays attached to the hull.

The BMP-3 employs spaced bimetallic armour with an integrated liquid medium package, which is a fancy way of saying that it has aluminium armour augmented with a spaced hard steel wave breaker, backed by a specially designed fuel tank which also acts as armour. Baseline BMP-3s are stated to have sufficient armour to resist 30mm shells frontally from a distance of 200m. Overall, the BMP-3 offers 1.7 times better protection from small arms fire when compared to the BMP-1, and much greater protection against HEAT warheads frontally. The addition of steel overlays over the roof of the hull and turret grants the vehicle complete protection from airbursting 155mm artillery shells.

The fuel tank located immediately behind the frontal hull armour is immensely well-thought out. It gives the BMP-3 the ability to resist 35mm APFSDS shells without increasing its weight - an outstanding feat all on its own. Thanks to the self-sealing nature of the fuel tank, perforation will not cause ignition, and fuel leakage is minimized."

And more - source (worth to read):

http://thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/bmp-3-underappreciated-prodigy.html

These are pure bollocks that have nothing in common with real world.

• Like 3

Have you seen the guy's sourcing? Russian sites, the manufacturers sales pitch and youtube videos. 

his sources seem pretty good to me...

they are one sided

The best part is about fuel tank, yes fuel tanks can provide additional protection, but only because they are self sealing does not mean much. A hit from projectile with enough energy will just demolish the fuel tank. This is why fuel tanks should also be encased in their own cavity so in case of being demolished by projectile that hit it and goes through, everything will be contained and do not harm the crew.

A real eye opener about this subject are British research papers from 60's.

Can you add a feature where you can open the doors on the vehicles and keep them open for cover? Like the trunks on the humvees, its probably pointless on the GAZ 3151 since bullets will go through that thing small sheet of metal 

Any possibility we can get a version of the M320 GLM standalone weapon is the launcher slot, I like being able to carry a Grenade Launcher as a standalone, but I don't like the lack of a pistol or the clipping issues caused by the game trying to put it in a pistol holster.

And I hate to be the guy asking for things, but will we ever see an M72 LAW? I know they're a little outdated, but apparently they've seen some usage in A-stan, since they're so compact and light compared to even the AT-4. (One AT-4 is the weight of something like four and a half LAW's.)  

• Like 2

Any possibility we can get a version of the M320 GLM standalone weapon is the launcher slot, I like being able to carry a Grenade Launcher as a standalone, but I don't like the lack of a pistol or the clipping issues caused by the game trying to put it in a pistol holster.

And I hate to be the guy asking for things, but will we ever see an M72 LAW? I know they're a little outdated, but apparently they've seen some usage in A-stan, since they're so compact and light compared to even the AT-4. (One AT-4 is the weight of something like four and a half LAW's.)  

+1 to everything you posted.

Would it be at all possible for the RHS C130 to be split into its own separate downloadable package? Reasoning is that this C130 is one of the best in the community currently available with the walk inside and the built in cargo attaching and for units that aren't US based it is a great deal of space for the whole mod to be added for just the C130. If the RHS team is too busy to undertake it themselves I personally don't mind doing. Thanks for the work!

Guess i missed the memo, but it seems you guys found a fix for amphibious tracked vehicles? or was it BI that finally manage it?

Guess i missed the memo, but it seems you guys found a fix for amphibious tracked vehicles? or was it BI that finally manage it?

Not that we know off?

Would it be at all possible for the RHS C130 to be split into its own separate downloadable package? Reasoning is that this C130 is one of the best in the community currently available with the walk inside and the built in cargo attaching and for units that aren't US based it is a great deal of space for the whole mod to be added for just the C130. If the RHS team is too busy to undertake it themselves I personally don't mind doing. Thanks for the work!

not gonna happen. even if you don't mind doing it yourself, reverse engineering RHS content and repacking it is not allowed per our EULA.

The best part is about fuel tank, yes fuel tanks can provide additional protection, but only because they are self sealing does not mean much. A hit from projectile with enough energy will just demolish the fuel tank. This is why fuel tanks should also be encased in their own cavity so in case of being demolished by projectile that hit it and goes through, everything will be contained and do not harm the crew.

A real eye opener about this subject are British research papers from 60's.

Damian, if your theory would be thruth, they would not mount fuel tanks on front. Read about Chechenya reports. Source is right, there is nothing wrong with it. About USa hardware, you have one side sources as well and nothing cries about it. Its Russian Hardware so info is Russian, USA would talk about Russian hardware good, or bad, how you think? Its "Enemy" hardware, dont expect anything good from US or Brits here. Source is 100 % sure. - they dont have unchecked info, look how info they have - they make it on the rule "quality, not quantity" Only info about T-72, BTR-80 and BMP-3 yet, beacuse veeeeeery lot of research.

Damian, if your theory would be thruth, they would not mount fuel tanks on front. Read about Chechenya reports. Source is right, there is nothing wrong with it. About USa hardware, you have one side sources as well and nothing cries about it. Its Russian Hardware so info is Russian, USA would talk about Russian hardware good, or bad, how you think? Its "Enemy" hardware, dont expect anything good from US or Brits here. Source is 100 % sure. - they dont have unchecked info, look how info they have - they make it on the rule "quality, not quantity" Only info about T-72, BTR-80 and BMP-3 yet, beacuse veeeeeery lot of research.

Or maybe contrary to most people here I spent last decade of my life on researching these things and I have my own brain to make my own research and conclusions?

End of discussion.

and this is why unnecessary dicussions about armoured vehicles in the RHS thread should be curtailed...

Can we see red dot sight for M203 in future !!

I've never heard of it.

Could you share sources / links showing its use in regular US units? or SOCOM? Please :)

• Like 1

The guy is not reliable source, but red dot for Grenade launcher - why not.... I can aim better with iron sights, but such feature as red dot could be cool.

There is no more reliable source in internet, only crewmens, but they are not in internet. I visit Russia often, specially to meet friend there, watch polygon excersises (he lives nearby) and talk to some guys from the army. I even sitted in real BMP 2, 3 and T-72, but havent used them.... If you havent any argument just sh*t up please....

Vlad, I'd like to ask to please respect our team members and their knowledge. A good amount of us have served in different armed forces or are experts in the matters (yeah some of us have driven real BMPs and other Russian armor), so we have pretty good and reliable sources. Meaning: we know what we talk about.

We like any positive criticism/input, and you are obviously free to show the sources you like the most, but please understand that the final decision is in our hands  :)

Vicker is Ex. SOCOM and Delta Force Guy..

I'm afraid we would need something better and more reliable, like an official source for instance  :)

MistyRonin, i apreciate your knowledge - its your mod on the end, i just showed source - you may agree or not. I'm happy with actual mod and hope for new content and finally BIS PhysX fix.

Thanks for your feedback Mistyronin Sir...

I don't have any other link at this time. :)  

Jeez, i want realistic, fanboy? Please..... Source? Give me better then - good luck  ! There is no more reliable source in internet, only crewmens, but they are not in internet. I visit Russia often, specially to meet friend there, watch polygon excersises (he lives nearby) and talk to some guys from the army. I even sitted in real BMP 2, 3 and T-72, but havent used them.... If you havent any argument just sh*t up please....

You don't actually have any written source for your claims. I could say my friends uncle has a Russian brother in law who says that the T-14 Armata shoots lasers. That's not a persuasive argument. Hearsay is not a replacement for research.