There is something not called arma tanks are useless in urban combats for sure two mans with AT can easily defeat tank without problems any tank in the world !

That is not so simple as you might think, it is far more complex issue, and conflicts proven many times that modern AFV's, prepared for such conditions are very survivable, and are nasty surprise for infantry with light AT weapons.

SA-9 Gaskin ?? from the 2014 we move back into 1985 ?? Better to use pantsir s1 or also tanks ifv's and apc's should be updated next year !!!!

I don't work for RHS, the SA-9/13 thing is just a little joke between me and ZeeAlex :)

SA-9 Gaskin ?? from the 2014 we move back into 1985 ?? Better to use pantsir s1 or also tanks ifv's and apc's should be updated next year !!!!

kurganets-25

Boomerang apc

Armata Universal Combat Platform

IS THERE ANY PLAN FOR THIS ???

Uhhhh, well...

#1 the Gaskin is still in service (~200 at present) it would still be WELL within the capability requirement IF we wanted to do it.

#2 the Armata and the kurganets isnt fielded yet so why would we do that over the Gaskin?

#3 the pantsir S-1 doesnt use the TEL/TELAR turret system, and is, due to its size a different form of SAM/SAA system. So again, your argument is slightly confusing to me.

#4 next year is 2016, not 2014, so you just contradicted yourself for not wanting in-service 1985 built gaskins in 2014 but you want unfielded 2016 built IFVs instead?

BMP-3 was in service since 1980's. How many of those were fielded in actual combat again? :rolleyes:

And how many (for example) Shilka's are still in service with (what are considered) premium front-line units...

Instead of asking if you'll add things... I will ask if you'll be using the updated FROG uniform that Cunico showed off on his website? I saw that he updated the uniform with more details and was just wondering if that was for RHS or not.

Instead of asking if you'll add things... I will ask if you'll be using the updated FROG uniform that Cunico showed off on his website? I saw that he updated the uniform with more details and was just wondering if that was for RHS or not.

I would like to know this too, along with the new SPC pouch additions that he has been making. The current SPC is a bit sad and bland. Also on his site, it looks like his Oakley gloves have been textured and they look amazing.

Dear RHS, are you folks having (distant) future plans for the featuring of active gun-ports on BTR-series, BMP-1/BMP-2's? Thanks for the answer! :)

(I don't mean to rush you around, just inquiring if the plans are there, that's all.)

Any plans for AWM, Barret M107 or M40A5 ?

I wouldn't assume that much. If one day it's done, it will be released. :)

That is not so simple as you might think, it is far more complex issue, and conflicts proven many times that modern AFV's, prepared for such conditions are very survivable, and are nasty surprise for infantry with light AT weapons.

i am not giving you a lessons but look what's happened with there Saudi well armed M-60A3+ i know it's not urban combat here but

---------- Post added at 01:45 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

Uhhhh, well...

#1 the Gaskin is still in service (~200 at present) it would still be WELL within the capability requirement IF we wanted to do it.

#2 the Armata and the kurganets isnt fielded yet so why would we do that over the Gaskin?

#3 the pantsir S-1 doesnt use the TEL/TELAR turret system, and is, due to its size a different form of SAM/SAA system. So again, your argument is slightly confusing to me.

#4 next year is 2016, not 2014, so you just contradicted yourself for not wanting in-service 1985 built gaskins in 2014 but you want unfielded 2016 built IFVs instead?

yes next year is 2016 and i am just talking about actual equipment for Russian side in game is near 2014 or if you want 2008 neither closer to 2015 or 2016 !

i mean that system is from 1968 which makes it very old it's in use by Russian training center and most of them are in storage not in use it's planned to be phased out from service only Russian marines use this as an regular unit nothing else and only 50 of them are presented ! Don't be angry i mean it's your stuff guys i am not gonna giving lessons someone that is work but just i am tired of old soviet doctrine and weapons ! cheers :D

---------- Post added at 01:52 ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 ----------

BMP-3 was in service since 1980's. How many of those were fielded in actual combat again? :rolleyes:

And how many (for example) Shilka's are still in service with (what are considered) premium front-line units...

Well then shilka is only used by Russian Marines

Edited by SRBKnight

Is there a possibility that system can fail, or export versions of the tank might not have it?

http://www.janes.com/images/assets/550/39550/CQAA3Ot_-_main.jpg

I'm guessing that ones Iraqi, or captured from Iraq. Either way, things happened.

Edit - to clarify - I know that for the most part they shouldn't do that, I just remember seeing that picture and wondering why it did that.

I have no idea what this discussion is about and all that. I just randomly saw that picture and have to say: The 14 year old little brother of one of my mates who messes around with photoshop from time to time could add better looking fake fire in a matter of minutes.

That fire is such a ridiculously bad fake.

yes next year is 2016 and i am just talking about actual equipment for Russian side in game is near 2014 or if you want 2008 neither closer to 2015 or 2016 !

i mean that system is from 1968 which makes it very old it's in use by Russian training center and most of them are in storage not in use it's planned to be phased out from service only Russian marines use this as an regular unit nothing else and only 50 of them are presented ! Don't be angry i mean it's your stuff guys i am not gonna giving lessons someone that is work but just i am tired of old soviet doctrine and weapons ! cheers :D

The fact is that the Russian Armed Forces are mainly using old soviet weapons (with some updates), this year they have presented a new series of vehicles that will start to be on introduced in really little amounts by next year.

Our mod aim at this moment is to reproduce what is widely on service in regular units. In the 2020s maybe the Boomerangs and T14's will be used widely, these next years no.

In the same way that the US side has vehicles like the C-130 Hercules that were introduced in 1954 or the M113 introduced in 1960. The M2 Browning was introduced in 1933 or even better the M1911 introduced in 1911 (yeah, more than 100 years and it's still on service).

As you can see, the old stuff sometimes prevails :)

The fact is that the Russian Armed Forces are mainly using old soviet weapons (with some updates), this year they have presented a new series of vehicles that will start to be on introduced in really little amounts by next year.

Our mod aim at this moment is to reproduce what is widely on service in regular units. In the 2020s maybe the Boomerangs and T14's will be used widely, these next years no.

In the same way that the US side has vehicles like the C-130 Hercules that were introduced in 1954 or the M113 introduced in 1960. The M2 Browning was introduced in 1933 or even better the M1911 introduced in 1911 (yeah, more than 100 years and it's still on service).

As you can see, the old stuff sometimes prevails :)

I agree that Russians are Using older weapons and the soviet era prevails but C-130 is old transport aircraft i agree here also but it's updated and upgraded to (J) version and it's can't be compared to old C-130A/H M2 browning is heavy machine gun that will never be old for combat

Also 2s3 (Akatsiya) can't be compared to US Paladin M109A6 i rather compare 2s19 msta's with it !

Comparing the M109 to the MSTA-S is still valid in some sense, as both systems are currently used as main tube artillery in the armies of their respective manufacturing countries.

M109 has a higher rate of fire than 2s3. Also, Russian and US artillery doctrines are different.

I think the 2S3 and the M109 are not entirely comparable,

The M109A6 Paladin Integrated Management (which was renamed to M109A7) had a rate of fire of 4 rounds per minute (short bursts only) and 1 round per minute (sustaned rate of fire on longer engagements) according to Ed Murray, who is/was Department of the Army Systems Coordinator for Artillery in 2011. The maximum possible RoF might be depending on crew skills and endurance, but I have seen the same values being used to describe the rate of fire of the 2S3 and 2S5.

and for the new platforms and vehicles according to Russian ministry of Defense armata boomerang and other new fresh vehicles are starts with delivery next year with expected 150 Armata Platform tank 120 boomerangs and 90 kuraganets 25

And is there any possibility to see Kornet Static anti-tank system ? 9M133 Kornet

During the 2003 invasion of Iraq, Kornets were used by some groups of Iraqi special forces to attack American armoured vehicles, "disabling at least two Abrams tanks and one Bradley armored troop carrier in the opening week of the war".

The second verified episode of the Kornet ATGM in combat use occurred during the 2006 Lebanon War, where the missiles, reportedly supplied by Syria, were successfully used by Hezbollah fighters to destroy up to four Israeli Merkava tanks, armor was pierced in total from 24 tanks.One of the first detailed accounts of IDF's successful capture of Kornet ATGMs on Hezbollah positions in the village of Ghandouriyeh appeared in the Daily Telegraph article, which also reported that the boxes were marked with "Customer: Ministry of Defense of Syria. Supplier: KBP, Tula, Russia". Several months after the cease-fire, reports have provided sufficient photographic evidence that Kornet ATGMs were indeed both in possession of, and used by, Hezbollah in this area.

Edited by SRBKnight

Just wondering... are there any plans to add the Stryker, AAV and LAVs in the future? The troop carriers on the US side are really lacking. I know there are mods already out there for these, but it'll be great if we could have them consolidated under one mod.

Hi RHS team. Just a question: (sorry if it was already written, but i lost it) there are any plan to make some new MRAP? Like this maybe:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/xYv3j9k4SgQ/maxresdefault.jpg

And for the USMC there is a plan to make some new air assets? I mean CH-46, CH-53 and Harrier?I read that CH-46 is till in use, and also CH-53 and Harrier, because I know u use all the assets during 10-14. Is that right? Thanks for all of your awesome job guys!

CH-46 is barely in use. All active CH-46 squadrons have transitioned to the MV-22. As far as I know Pedro is one of the only active CH-46 birds flying and that is a SAR bird.

53's are definitely being thought of. Harriers have yet to hit the board, and 46's most likely won't unless there is a modeler out there willing to donate the model.

As for the Caiman, it's being joggled but nothing concrete. We have a lot of plans and we are moving in certain directions. To be incredibly fair and honest, it's not yet talked fully about but you never know.

Hey guys, I haven't been able to play Arma3 until today. I've downloaded the latest 0.3.8 update but I am not able to find the T-90 ingame. Running no mods except RHS & CBA. Did I miss something?

There is also no PBO related to the T-90 in the addons folder, is this somehow merged with another PBO?

In editor T-90 is located in 'Russia (TV)' -> 'Tank' -> bottom of the list. Try that.

Regarding Armata and etc. Without documentation and with mostly unknown specifications in game it will be less realistic, less detailed and less enjoyable than older tech IMO.

Edited by AKM762

just a small suggestion, could you add alexs us army helmets from his indav pack? since he is on the project now, they would add some nice variety to the us armed forces

i am not giving you a lessons but look what's happened with there Saudi well armed M-60A3+ i know it's not urban combat here but

These are old tanks, without special armor, and crewed by incompetent poorly trained crews, and they do not operate in the combined arms formations, which means their commanders are incompetent. No comparision to modern, well equiped, well trained and motivated army.

And is there any possibility to see Kornet Static anti-tank system ? 9M133 Kornet

During the 2003 invasion of Iraq, Kornets were used by some groups of Iraqi special forces to attack American armoured vehicles, "disabling at least two Abrams tanks and one Bradley armored troop carrier in the opening week of the war".

That is not true, there were not even a single 9M133 Kornet found at that time in Iraq. There was a panic at first that there might be Kornets considered a serious threat for older variants of M1 tank like M1A1HA, but there were none. Better double check sources.

The second verified episode of the Kornet ATGM in combat use occurred during the 2006 Lebanon War, where the missiles, reportedly supplied by Syria, were successfully used by Hezbollah fighters to destroy up to four Israeli Merkava tanks, armor was pierced in total from 24 tanks.One of the first detailed accounts of IDF's successful capture of Kornet ATGMs on Hezbollah positions in the village of Ghandouriyeh appeared in the Daily Telegraph article, which also reported that the boxes were marked with "Customer: Ministry of Defense of Syria. Supplier: KBP, Tula, Russia". Several months after the cease-fire, reports have provided sufficient photographic evidence that Kornet ATGMs were indeed both in possession of, and used by, Hezbollah in this area.

Merkava in reality contrary to popular myth, have very poor ratio of protection to it's weight. I am actually writing article about Merkava and I done a lot of research, the vehicle have ineficent design which makes it very heavy, while it's protection is not better, and in some cases worse than NATO 3rd generation MBT's and Soviet/Russian/Ukrainian T tanks.

and for the new platforms and vehicles according to Russian ministry of Defense armata boomerang and other new fresh vehicles are starts with delivery next year with expected 150 Armata Platform tank 120 boomerangs and 90 kuraganets 25

Russian MoD is very optimistic it seems and they do not take in to account economy (which does not surprises me), I would be very carefull with such statements. In the 90's where they got similiar economic problems they were able to manufacture only 30 to 60 T-90 tanks per year, and T-90 was far, far more cheaper than T-14.

If someone expects that they will induct T-14 in to service next year without any problems with design discovered during state trails, and they will manufacture more than 100 in a single year, then that person is disillusioned.

Edited by Damian90

Hi RHS team. Just a question: (sorry if it was already written, but i lost it) there are any plan to make some new MRAP? Like this maybe:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/xYv3j9k4SgQ/maxresdefault.jpg

And for the USMC there is a plan to make some new air assets? I mean CH-46, CH-53 and Harrier?I read that CH-46 is till in use, and also CH-53 and Harrier, because I know u use all the assets during 10-14. Is that right? Thanks for all of your awesome job guys!

Oh ok. Thanks for all the precious info :)

just a small suggestion, could you add alexs us army helmets from his indav pack? since he is on the project now, they would add some nice variety to the us armed forces

So you consider that 2 dozen helmets are not variety enough? ;)

So you consider that 2 dozen helmets are not variety enough? ;)

Please don´t Clutter the Arsenal with dozens and hundreds of helmets with minimal differences :eek:

These are old tanks, without special armor, and crewed by incompetent poorly trained crews, and they do not operate in the combined arms formations, which means their commanders are incompetent. No comparision to modern, well equiped, well trained and motivated army.

They are not so old they are upgraded according to Saudi Army you can see that RPG cant penetrate it !