Because it's not the focus currently. We will implement them when the time comes.

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for. However if special operations aren't the focus, why do the ops-core helmets remain?

I'm not a dev, I honestly don't know.

Does anyone know the classname for the Ramp of the RHS Chinook? I'm trying to get the AI to lower it on a certain waypoint. I've tried numerous names, still no joy.

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for. However if special operations aren't the focus, why do the ops-core helmets remain?

Because other US units also use them.

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

Does anyone know the classname for the Ramp of the RHS Chinook? I'm trying to get the AI to lower it on a certain waypoint. I've tried numerous names, still no joy.

this animateDoor ['ramp_anim', 1];

I recently reported a bug to the bugtracker about the more heavy caliber small arms (like the machineguns from both sides) cannot penetrate the metal slum shacks from vanilla arma.

The ticket got closed though with as reason "Please report this to BIS as we do not provide penetration values for vanilla assets.".

I don't quite understand what you guys mean by that. The standard 7.** weapons (and even 5.**) in arma3 seem to penetrate them just fine so it is definitely not a bug in vanilla arma? Or is there something more here that I'm missing?

Please provide a test mission, or at least the class names of the buildings in question (metal slum shacks is not a class name). Our weapons and ammo inherit from vanilla, so in short, if BI's 7.62 can penetrate those walls, so should RHS.

For now, i'll reopen the ticket, please use it for further comments

Please provide a test mission, or at least the class names of the buildings in question (metal slum shacks is not a class name). Our weapons and ammo inherit from vanilla, so in short, if BI's 7.62 can penetrate those walls, so should RHS.

For now, i'll reopen the ticket, please use it for further comments

Done! I put up the classnames I tested, a small test mission and a small example video.

I'd like to ask about the backpacks, is the UBMTS backpack a real thing?

Yes, it is a real thing. No, SSO doesn't have anything to do with it.

I recently reported a bug to the bugtracker about the more heavy caliber small arms (like the machineguns from both sides) cannot penetrate the metal slum shacks from vanilla arma.

The ticket got closed though with as reason "Please report this to BIS as we do not provide penetration values for vanilla assets.".

I don't quite understand what you guys mean by that. The standard 7.** weapons (and even 5.**) in arma3 seem to penetrate them just fine so it is definitely not a bug in vanilla arma? Or is there something more here that I'm missing?

The penetration power of the stock ammunition is insane to say the least (almost 20mm RHA from a 7.62), but I guess it is the future in A3. :confused:

Our ammunition does not inherit from vanilla, we implement realistic damage and penetration values. The problem lies with the greater than expected "protection" value of certain structure materials.

How do i change the HMMWV camo to OD?

Since it's set up to use the Vehicle Customisation options used for the Virtual Garage, you can set the vehicle to Olive using:

[this,["Olive",1],Nil] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle;

Other examples for initialising/randomising VhC are detailed in the thread linked above.

The unarmed M1025 has a different model center than the armed versions or all of the M998. Just wanted to leave that here. :)

About that https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10479862_1020261987986794_740898307944162537_o.jpg (439 kB). Is M113 TOW planned? I am not sure if M113 TOW is used in army, but still it could be intresting addition to mod since M113 could be more useful.

http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/cv/inf/M113/M113A1_tow1.jpg

Unfortunately all M113-based TOW vehicles are long retired, so they are out of our current scope and timeframe.

Unfortunately all M113-based TOW vehicles are long retired, so they are out of our current scope and timeframe.

Well that is sad, thanks for answer.

Do you have something in mind for mobile air defense for the US forces? Something like the M1097 Avenger or the M163 Vulcan? Don't know if they fit in the timeframe.:)

But there already is AA vehicle, the M6A2 Linebacker, and yes we will probably at some point add something else, but definately not M163 Vulcan as this vehicle is out of service for good.

Any MOPP gear planned? Cause I got a hankering for going back and working on my aerosol simulation system.

Nothing has been brought up about MOPP gear at this time and I highly doubt anything will.

Woot page 500! Great work guys so far!

Alex, can we see old version of m1 in mod sometimes?

What about Russian ATMS?

Fagot, Metis, Kornet and their modofications?

In this video m2a3 alives after many hits by 3of17

is it realy?

In that stream you talk abot "flying turrets" on t-series

can we see ammo cooking off in abrams turret?

Thanks)

The Abrams tank is designated to avoid the "jack-in-the-box" effect. It's design separates the ammo from the crew compartment so it's almost impossible to happen in real life, unlike the Russian T-series that storage the ammo next to the crew compartment (hence it is not rare).

can we see old version of m1 in mod sometimes?

One day maybe, but right now due to focus on present time, we will include only modern variant in service (there is around 4500 M1A1SA's, M1A1FEP's and M1A2SEPv1/v2's in active service right now with around 4000-4500 older variants in long term storage).

What about Russian ATMS?

Fagot, Metis, Kornet and their modofications?

We are thinking about this.

In this video m2a3 alives after many hits by 3of17

is it realy?

Consider it as imperfection of how HE ammunition is modeled in ArmA3.

Eventually we might find solution. However remember that M2A2 and M2A3 are one of the best armored IFV's in the world. So HE round should be in armor piercing mode, as far as I know 3OF17 is not capable to switch it's operation mode from explode on impact to delay (armor piercing), and a simple explosion on the front or side armor, is not necessary enough to defeat armored vehicle. On the other hand there are both US and Russian HE rounds that can use programmable fuze, for example US M1069 120mm HE round can be fired in modes like explode on impact, delay (armor piercing) and air burst.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94248014@N02/9454623464/in/album-72157634962959406/

Here is what M1069 can do, the "light armor" photo is actually side of T-55 tank turret, which is around 150mm cast homoeneus steel armor.

We work on it. However do not expect M1 with flying turret after ammo cook off, due to vehicle design it is just immposible in real life. However of course if and when we would implement such feature, in case of M1, ammo cook off means that tank is diabled from action, it is possible it can still move and withdraw for repairs tough.

Edited by Damian90

Is there a possibility that system can fail, or export versions of the tank might not have it?

CQAA3Ot_-_main.jpg

I'm guessing that ones Iraqi, or captured from Iraq. Either way, things happened.

Edit - to clarify - I know that for the most part they shouldn't do that, I just remember seeing that picture and wondering why it did that.