Never had this problem, are you sure you are not confusing this with lead being applied by FCS? Did you engaged earlier a target and used laser range finder? If so then FCS automatically applies lead to engage moving targets. To disengage lead press G.

It seems I will need to write some sort of manuall how to use FCS.

I misread this the first time I read it... If you were to make a manual on how to use the FCS you'd be my hero. Being new to the mod this would be of great help.

I know the Insurgent faction is not a focus for you guys, but would it be possible to add the possibility to attach optics to the AKM/AKMs and PKM weapons?

AKM(S) and PKM don't have a russian lateral sight attachment, so it isn't an RHS thing...

---------- Post added at 00:57 ---------- Previous post was at 00:56 ----------

Looks like someone beat me to the report. And I agree...fantastic model and animation.

feedback.rhsmods.org

:confused:

You know that the whole point of any insurgency is that by default they don't have the means of a conventional army, that's why they use guerrilla tactics? :)

In conventional combat, the insurgences have to be unbalanced by default, if not they would be a conventional army.

The way to balance that missions is to use guerrilla tactics (hit & run attacks, surprise raids in the weakest point of the conventional Army, use the enemies captured equipment, etc.)

Just check Simo Häyhä, how he killed so many Russian invaders without any scope. ;)

Yes, I certainly considered this while making the mission, and the forests in the area certainly support well-played hit&run tactics.

The reason I decided I need optics at least for a couple of the guys was the fact that the map we we're playing on (in beta) had a lot of fields. USMC just set up at the edge of the forest and rained fire down on the poor insurgents, whom couldn't do anything but spray a few mags into a forestline 500m away and not hit anything. :D

I think it would add more usability to the Insurgents if optics could be attached. I know that the AKM and AKMS really don't support that many optics, and apparently none without a separate attachable railing system. Still, just a compromise of being able to attach a couple scopes on them would add a lot of variability to possible scenarios.

Also, I think you're describing an older type of insurgency than the one that we've come to know in the last few years. Ukraine, the middle-east, all insurgencies have shown a remarkable ability to come up with high-tech optics and military gear that has traditionally been attached to only conventional militaries and spec ops units.

Well, it would be nice. I appreciate of course your decision to not add this into the mod. Considering it would only require a config edit (I assume?) I hope it wouldn't be too much trouble.

E:

AKM(S) and PKM don't have a russian lateral sight attachment, so it isn't an RHS thing...

So it's rather a JSDG joint rails feature request I should be doing?

I was going after functionality according to something like this (no modelling of the actual mounting system needed of course, just the compatibility)http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/rifle-bases/ak47-akm-optic-mount-system-prod55213.aspx

Edited by Nummi

what's your problem ... is it so difficult to pick up a weapon from a killed enemy with a scope?

If RHS decides they wont add scopes to Insurgents live with it, learn to shoot without scopes ... myself I do hit even better without scopes.

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Edited by maquez

It is a largely accepted policy in our group not to pick up hostile weapons without specific orders from your CO, since it largely increases the possibility of friendly fire.

They haven't made a strong statement against my suggestion mate. I'm just further illustrating my point, as I think MistyRonin's argument's were more conversational than practical.

I'm not complaining, just trying to make intelligent conversation. Unlike you, starting with

what's your problem ...
What kind of behaviour is that...

Is server key for 0.3.8 missing or PWS did not ship it? I have six_bikey but no original one? I would hate do DL again from different source just to get the key so if possible please add links with server keys to main post or on your DL page. Thanks.

@nummi -

friendly fire because you pick up a weapon?

okay no comment ...

may you can ask the mission builder or do it yourself to add via script or units init weapons (ak74m) with scopes?

whats wrong with "what's your problem" to pick up a weapon? This is a simple question.

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Edited by maquez
typos

@nummi - the ones i made and are available in RHS depict 1969 Tula factory model. That said, during its production in Soviet Russia, neither tula nor izmash factories made any sort of lateral mounting system for the ones depicted in RHS. So in short, there is no way to actually mount a scope on it. The link provided is not for pre-79 russian made AKs. It is of really low priority to actually make a modernized AKM/AKMS (which means rails), and if you really wanna depict insurgents (and not PMCs), you wouldn't use those anyways. If AK74 (not AK74m) is made, might wanna use that instead...

The reason I decided I need optics at least for a couple of the guys was the fact that the map we we're playing on (in beta) had a lot of fields. USMC just set up at the edge of the forest and rained fire down on the poor insurgents, whom couldn't do anything but spray a few mags into a forestline 500m away and not hit anything. :D

Well, now you know how insurgents feel in real life, you can imagine how Talibans feel frustrated when the USMC have ACOGs but they don't. In fact that spray & pray you described is one of the tactics the Talibans use (the smart ones try to stealthily get closer tho) ;)

In any case, and unfortunately for you. We are not planning to add any support for scopes for that weapons, you can always use AK-74M and PKP tho.

Well, now you know how insurgents feel in real life, you can imagine how Talibans feel frustrated when the USMC have ACOGs but they don't. In fact that spray & pray you described is one of the tactics the Talibans use (the smart ones try to stealthily get closer tho) ;)

In any case, and unfortunately for you. We are not planning to add any support for scopes for that weapons, you can always use AK-74M and PKP tho.

I think I am going to have to switch out the PKM to the PKP, to get the AR a bit of an edge in mid-range combat. I'm going for a more "well-equipped" insurgency in this mission. Immersion ruined, whine whine, cry cry, insurgents using a PKP :D

Perhaps add a SVD in there as well... Yeah, I think I'll make do with what I have.

Thank you PuFu as well for taking the time to clarify this. Appreciate it. As the only weapons in our modpack come from RHS atm, I'm hoping to squeeze every bit of customizability out of the mod possible.

Thanks for the work on the mod guys. Gonna go enjoy your work in the editor!

Is server key for 0.3.8 missing or PWS did not ship it? I have six_bikey but no original one? I would hate do DL again from different source just to get the key so if possible please add links with server keys to main post or on your DL page. Thanks.

server keys you find here http://www.rhsmods.org/mod/1 and here http://www.rhsmods.org/mod/2 under download

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Doh, forgive my laziness....thanks for the info.

I have checked everywhere on the site but there.

Well, I'll add my "2 coins" to the whole AKM and scopes stuff.

To be fair - AKM that can mount scopes is called AKMN (N for Night) that is pretty much an AKM with a soviet dovetail scope mount :p (same goes for AKMSN)

The side rails for AKM series is pretty much erratic. If you look at RL every version comes with specific type of rail for specific type of optics. AKMN, AKML, AKMP and its AKMSX counterparts ( where AKMS is same as AKM just with metal folding stock obviously ). Seriously if I was to make this, I would give it a sub zero priority.

I don't know what the discussion was about, regarding AKM(s) just giving my opinion on the topic.

Oh and as a bonus for new players, here is a protip: learn to shoot without optics first, to spot and engage the enemy successfully, trust me you will never use optics again. Plus its way more fun than sniping the shit out from a hill, and then getting flanked and shot dead ( where the hell is that from??? ) by AI. At least this is much more fun for me.

Edited by _MaSSive

Well, I'll add my "2 coins" to the whole AKM and scopes stuff.

To be fair - AKM that can mount scopes is called AKMN (N for Night) that is pretty much an AKM with a soviet dovetail scope mount :p (same goes for AKMSN)

sigh....AKM(S)N has a different side mounting profile, than later used general mount for ak74, and it was intended to be used only with Russian NSPU 1PN34. All i can say is that was planned, but then again the 1PN34 was/is a very special and sort of rare piece of hardware. In short, your today's new russian mount optic wouldn't fit...

see here

1. AKMN version: http://www.collectorssourcedfw.com/rmp5.html

2. AK74 version: http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff117/bkjeffrey/ak74withrail_zpsc4170c5f.jpg

Edited by PuFu

Folks, hope all is good.

BUG?:

Tested vanilla with RHS only. When saving and then loading and loading up zues after Loading, most RHS factions are gone. Only 2 RUSS Factions show in ZUES menus.

To replicate:

-Go into editor and create mission folder.

-Load one unit and ZUES module

-Load game and once in game hit SAVE

-Test ZUES if you want and all should be fine. No load the saved game file and load ZUES again....menus are gone.

Hope this helps and can be reviewed for next update/hotfix. Thanks fellas

New to the mod and have gotten some great help here so far... so time to ask some more stuff, this time the c130.

Been attempting the paradrop and had mixed results... non truly successful. The c130 will either explode when paradrop is triggered or when we do get out (armed off road is the only one to get out of the c130 so far) we are transported to the middle of the ocean.

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=550

This feedback seems to discribe similar issues however it has been labeled as resolved.

Folks, hope all is good.

BUG?:

Tested vanilla with RHS only. When saving and then loading and loading up zues after Loading, most RHS factions are gone. Only 2 RUSS Factions show in ZUES menus.

To replicate:

-Go into editor and create mission folder.

-Load one unit and ZUES module

-Load game and once in game hit SAVE

-Test ZUES if you want and all should be fine. No load the saved game file and load ZUES again....menus are gone.

Hope this helps and can be reviewed for next update/hotfix. Thanks fellas

ZUES !? what is this "klingonic" for ZEUS ?

can confirm some factions and groups are gone after reloading save,

but think it is the way how RHS defined factions and groups.

Edited by maquez
typos

whats the t-90 version in game T-90 looks like first version of tank ?

whats the t-90 version in game T-90 looks like first version of tank ?

Yes, it's the initial T-90 obr.1992, at some point we will add more modern T-90A obr.2004.

Would be more correct to say that the model corresponds more to T90S unfortunately. Distinct tiny differences that unfortunately our advisers saw too late.

Veeeeery nice Mod! Thanks for all your effort in doing this.

My question is: will you also include boats to your mod? Here's what I have in mind:

SOC-R, PBR or RIB

Maybe bigger ships?

I find the maritime aspect comes way too short in Arma 3 especially when you consider that the maps are mostly islands.

Maybe bigger ships?

I find, the maritime aspect comes way too short in Arma 3.

Unfortunately nothing planned as today in the US side. But we shall see in the future, specially with the coming of the outstanding Tanoa Archipelago.

Would be more correct to say that the model corresponds more to T90S unfortunately. Distinct tiny differences that unfortunately our advisers saw too late.

It's hard to find good photos of T-90 obr.1992 these days, maybe Lazarus have better source material tough.