There goes the ace compatibility. Even the actual state of rhs is more then i hoped to get in arma3 at this stage but not going to stay uptodate to ace3 would be very sad. ace3 team say: rhs is only one of 1000 mods even this is not true but hearing your side: "why should be take care of" is also not a solution for the community. Most of them love and use both mods, dont let it split like in arma2 :(

Its all around RHS, this is for most settings the core product. But Things like ACE3 and ALiVE (and TFAR/CBA/*.*) are still needed to get the best out of it for the sim community. This is nowhere the "1000 mods" that needed to be live supported, only the 1-3 big ones needs attention for each other.

Edited by Numrollen

There goes the ace compatibility. Even the actual state of rhs is more then i hoped to get in arma3 at this stage but not going to stay uptodate to ace3 would be very sad. ace3 team say: rhs is only one of 1000 mods even this is not true but hearing your side: "why should be take care of" is also not a solution for the community. Most of them love and use both mods, dont let it split like in arma2 :(

Its all around RHS, this is for most settings the core product. But Things like ACE3 and ALiVE (and TFAR/CBA/*.*) are still needed to get the best out of it for the sim community. This is nowhere the "1000 mods" that needed to be live supported, only the 1-3 big ones needs attention for each other.

The solution would be for those who want it to make and maintain a compatibility addon.

Hello

I really love this mod and this question means no disrespect, I was wondering if their was a way I could personally change the mod sound files to get custom sounds for the weapons in. I would just like to have my own custom gunshots for the weapons. Is this possible, once gain no disrespect lovely mod. Oh is their a plan to add in Strykers?

Thanks

As long as you don't modify the content provided (as in derapify and edit the originals), i see no problem. You can have an external config for the sounds quite easily.

The solution would be for those who want it to make and maintain a compatibility addon.

+1

@numrollen - you or anyone else for that matter can create a similar pbo, or simply use ace as a starting point (to be honest. i haven't checked it myself. hence i am really unaware what it contains in terms of "compatibility"). This is the nth time on this subject - RHS has enough on its on plate to keep up to date with another mod that is also in constant change. Let's close the ACE subject in this thread for good please.

Let's close the ACE subject in this thread for good please.

With that goal in mind, could I just suggest that the next person who wants to debate RHS-ACE compatibility starts a thread in A&M;D. To do so doesn't commit anyone to anything but it might actually get something rolling (and the conversation won't get shutdown like it will here).

Anybody else get a problem recently where, when giving commands to AI, nothing gets said apart from the first words followed by a long (15 second ish) silence during which no commands can be issued, as if a soundfile is being played that makes no noise? After the aforementioned 15 seconds, the radio bleeps and the command is executed. It's especially noticeable with the russian voices. Tested this running only CBA and RHS.

I had that problem last night, but with 0.3.7. I think the issue may be the latest Dev Branch update. It seems like performance dropped, as well, but still trying to test that. I wouldn't blame RHS for the weirdo comms delay.

Any chance you can add the flap that covers the genitals onto the us plate carriers? Always gotta have that protection, also i think it looks better.

Man I could not agree with you more. I really like the look of mid-iraq war style US army with their bulkier armor, BDUs and glorious strapped knee pads... Anything close to that would be a god send.

---------- Post added at 01:29 ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 ----------

Just wondering, have you guys decreased the buff-ness of the US army uniform? The vanilla A3 stuff seem to be fitting better since the new update!:

http://i.imgur.com/mOLZGGZ.jpg (132 kB)

To be honest though, I was kind of saddened that your 'modern' style uniform almost looked like it could have fit in with the 2035 atmosphere once I paired it with the other NATO stuff, I was hoping for it to look way out of place with the hyper modern aspects of A3.

Hey guys, love the mod.

Got one question, it's me or there is no Humvee with gunner protection like the one in this picture:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIHwbwkX8J8vKKhfwk6yvFnjRXaSxAkQBJEcFfM6AkLKPtQH5YEQ

I also haven't found any LAV or Striker:

lav_25.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXKE7ULlTY9Fp5Ex8Dr9CD2HXYwJAdUik7Y-WnnH5dJj7O6bEv

0.3.8 seems to have removed the M4A1 Block II's and the MK18s. You can load them up with a pre-saved loadout, but they don't show in the arsenal anymore and I cant find them in the PBO's?

snip

They have answered this dozens* of times. Look back a page or two.

*not really, but it's close

Our main focus now is modern wide used regular equipment of US & RU Armed Forces. :)
Edited by suds420

You haven't found them because you haven't read the changelog.

They are coming. The LAV you referenced is incredibly outdated, by the way.

Not sure if this is just me, but I can't seem to find the new guerrilla uniforms in the VA. Any ideas?

Regards,

Deny.

I had that problem last night, but with 0.3.7. I think the issue may be the latest Dev Branch update. It seems like performance dropped, as well, but still trying to test that. I wouldn't blame RHS for the weirdo comms delay.

Yeah, I am going to test without any mods at all to check. Usually, large mods cause problems sometimes over the stock game, or in combination with other mods, so I initially suspected maybe some sort of problem with CBA and RHS combined? I'm not well versed in how mods interface with these libraries though, and I wouldn't be surprised if my suspicion is completely wrong. I apologize in that case.

For the smoke laying devices run by the tank drivers, are AI currently capable of using these? BI said something about AI now using smoke to provide concealment when heavily suppressed, but I did not see anything relating to vehicles and I'd be super stoked if they'd actually enabled the new feature to work for those too. Ditto for smoke launchers.

Not sure if this is just me, but I can't seem to find the new guerrilla uniforms in the VA. Any ideas?

Regards,

Deny.

Same but I haven't checked without extra mods, I'll do it later, however the uniforms themselves do look great.

@5harp5hot, generally Vanilla vests fit RHS uniforms fine, the issue comes with RHS vests and vanilla uniforms, I think the RHS vests tend to de designed for a slimmer uniform than the default ones.

Hello, the config file keys the number versión is 0.3.7 in my mod 0.3.8....

It is a mistake of the mod? os version 0.3.8 works out the key configuration page?

Before creating a ticket in the feedback tracker, I just want to confirm one thing: am I the only one that see a change in caliber for the M240 ? On my PC, it changed from 7.62 to 6.5.

I'll redownload the mod, even if I'm pretty sure a faulty download can't produce such behaviour.

@5harp5hot, generally Vanilla vests fit RHS uniforms fine, the issue comes with RHS vests and vanilla uniforms, I think the RHS vests tend to de designed for a slimmer uniform than the default ones.

It's perhaps only tangentially related but my feeling is that the USAF units are still oddly large in the shoulders (compared to Vanilla and AFRF units).

Any chance you can add the flap that covers the genitals onto the us plate carriers? Always gotta have that protection, also i think it looks better.

AFAIK they're not used any more and the US Army and Marines both use a layered system for pelvic protection, based on the ones developed for the British military (blast boxers and combat codpieces):

PPS.jpg

12BsIC_zps34603800.jpg

How do we operate the Russian Tochka? Whenever I spawn one in Zeus it doesnt allow me to fire the rocket.

Before creating a ticket in the feedback tracker, I just want to confirm one thing: am I the only one that see a change in caliber for the M240 ? On my PC, it changed from 7.62 to 6.5.

I'll redownload the mod, even if I'm pretty sure a faulty download can't produce such behaviour.

Sorry, my bad, it was an issue with another addon.

AFAIK they're not used any more and the US Army and Marines both use a layered system for pelvic protection, based on the ones developed for the British military (blast boxers and combat codpieces):

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/PPS.jpg

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee469/sfdemoman1/12BsIC_zps34603800.jpg

Thanks for the info. The picture for the plate carriers should be redone since they show the flap.

Aren't the US-faction's UCP and OCP units mixed up, as in a way woodland sub-section is now represented by desert UCP units, where those are supposed to be wearing OCP, and vice-versa?

(I thought that in real life the US Army was to switch over to OCP/MTP esque camouflage anyways?) But thanks for your enormous effort, and concern giving clarity over this little matter.) :)