AFAIK there was such AI mod.

I wish it could be done in same way as AI using RPG vs infantry and helis.

Is it possible that you can somehow force AI in tanks to use main gun vs infantry or this have to be done by AI mod?

alarm9k wrote a script but it's outdated now.

Mechanized AI needs major overhaul if not a rewrite. Tank drivers are horrible and never position the tanks in a logical manner, gunners don't use HE rounds and prefer to engage inappropriate targets frequently etc etc. I can't imagine it's that hard, 90s sims had better mechanized AI (check out M1 Tank Platoon II), but there's not enough effort by BI devs on that front. If you want to crew a tank platoon you need so many people it's not funny.. :P

Edited by Pulstar

IDK if it was mentioned before but: CH47D can't lift GAZ-66 (its ~4t what is quite within 10t max load limit), but can lift HEMTTs (18t>) and vanilla Kamaz'es (~12t). Is it oversight or can't be fixed?

Mi-8/17s can't lift GAZ-66 either.

Edited by nsnipe
addition

No, because it is not a script, it is physically modeled in vehicle fire geometry model. Besides this it is better than vanilla system. And you don't need to worry about performance, as I said, it is not a script, it's all handled by engine, where armor is physically modeled, hopefully Olds will be able to show documentation about how armor system is made, implemented and how it works ASAP.

If you want compatibility with vanilla stuff, use Olds and Bakerman Real Armor Mod.

ACE has been essentially rewriting parts of the core engine to get around limitations like these. We currently have our own implementation of the Arma vehicle animation system, as well as PBO parsing and P3D loading.

Our vehicle damage system allows for the loading of additional P3Ds to replace specific LODs in files for our own damage system (we decided to implement our own game engine because we do not have the type of access we need from BI). Our damage system 100% runs in its own native system, so mods like RHS can implement whatever they want in terms of vehicle FIRE and HIT LODs, if people are interested in improving on RHS's content or any other mod makers content they will be free to do so by patching their model files with ease.

We also plan to release tools to help mod makers work on content patches for mods as well. We are dedicated to improving Arma 3 as a base product in ways BI can not do at the moment for whatever reason.

So in the end, if RHS chooses to support us or not, the tools are going to be available to allow for others to pick up the slack.

a quote from R0adki11 to jog your memory:

Off topic posts removed, this thread is for RHS only.

If you wanna talk about CBA, there is a thread.

If you want to talk about ACE there is also a thread

Any further deviation will result in the appropriate punishment.:thumb:

a quote from R0adki11 to jog your memory:

More nipping any further conversations on that topic in the bud, but thanks. ;)

BTW the same applies in the ACE thread, if people come talking about RHS or other mod compatibility there, our only response right now is talk to the mod makers (but not on BIF apparently haha).

(but not on BIF apparently haha).

I expect it would be fine on BIF if some group of modders who want this were to put their hand up to do the work and started their own A&M: Discussion thread.

I expect it would be fine on BIF if some group of modders who want this were to put their hand up to do the work and started their own A&M: Discussion thread.

I've already PM'd Roadkill asking about how people should handle situations like these.

hi

is it possible to recolor the IOTV to coyote brown? to match better with usmc frog. or is it still working in progres.

thanks

The USMC don't use the IOTV. Not sure if an MTV is coming, but there's already an SPC in there, which they do use. Variants with pouches are en route.

SPC with pouches are coming, as well as the ISPC (sometimes aka MPC).

Don't plan on doing any MTV's at this stage.

If you want you could always use the new marksman plate carriers as off colour MTV's

I installed this mod on my epoch sever yesterday because it looks awesome and I ran into a bit of a problem. I cant get any of the items to spawn in to the map. We use infistar on our server and will now spawn anything in. I looked in the rpt and it gives me this error infiSTAR.de FNC_AH957_KICKLOGSPAWN everytime i try to spawn something in. Any Ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for the great mod!!!

I followed the steps of the installation, but when i open it i gives me many errors when i test it in the editor or the multiplayer it close. I donwloaded it from armaholic, i need help please

yeah sure it don't work !

watch and learn

:o

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Edited by maquez

Is your A3 up-to-date? You haven't disabled auto-updating in Steam have you? If not, do a game verify (in Steam).

---------- Post added at 08:43 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

Actually, I just checked, there's no way to turn off updates so I'd guess you're either subscribed to some non-standard beta version (i.e. the MANW build if still available) or running a cracked copy of the game (with mods, lol).

Is your A3 up-to-date? You haven't disabled auto-updating in Steam have you? If not, do a game verify (in Steam).

---------- Post added at 08:43 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

Actually, I just checked, there's no way to turn off updates so I'd guess you're either subscribed to some non-standard beta version (i.e. the MANW build if still available) or running a cracked copy of the game (with mods, lol).

You can work around the no updates thing, but you have to use a third party launcher as far as I can tell (you can't really do it accidentally).

@Kose21-you probably need version 1.44 at least, 1.42 might work but why use an outdated version of the game?

which version do I need?

I had the same issue, I resolved it by getting the latest Russian pack aswell. Hope this helps! :)

I installed this mod on my epoch sever yesterday because it looks awesome and I ran into a bit of a problem. I cant get any of the items to spawn in to the map. We use infistar on our server and will now spawn anything in. I looked in the rpt and it gives me this error infiSTAR.de FNC_AH957_KICKLOGSPAWN everytime i try to spawn something in. Any Ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for the great mod!!!

So no admins have had this problem after they install this mod?

So no admins have had this problem after they install this mod?

Surely you should be asking infistar.de?

I would love if some of the vehicles would be a bit quieter (Specifically Russian trucks and jeeps). They are so loud, in fact they are louder than gunshots. I find myself having to lower my game sound volume because I can't hear people speak while explosions and gunshot sounds are drowned by it...

Cheers,

BullHorn.