Its funny that you ask :)

Today we are proud to present to you a new website: http://class.rhsmods.org/

This is the first version of complete class documentation of RHS: Escalation. It is auto generated by a tool I wrote called DocForge which I will also make available for everyone once it is refined.

nice all new cool

G'day guyz,

Just thought id'e give you a teaser of my latest texturing project. Bmp-3 model by Gurdy Textures Vasmkd ;)

This one took me a while due to a combination of lack of free time and alot of normals work needed for it but here it is awaiting next release.

It comes in 4 variants: early, late, M and M with addon armour. EDIT: not ERA

m91DFF9.jpg

kRmW9sH.jpg

rhQTdLZ.jpg

SpkXyZN.jpg

cheers

Edited by vasmkd

G'day guyz,

Just thought id'e give you a teaser of my latest texturing project. Bmp-3 model by Gurdy Textures Vasmkd ;)

This one took me a while due to a combination of lack of free time and alot of normals work needed for it but here it is awaiting next release.

It comes in 4 variants: early, late, M and M with ERA addon armour.

http://i.imgur.com/m91DFF9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kRmW9sH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rhQTdLZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SpkXyZN.jpg

cheers

I think I just jizzed a little bit in my pants.

Circle jerk around the BMP-3 everyone! :cool:

Gatta say though I liked the wiki more, it had more detailed information for each unit. Its actually pretty hard to find stuff now, especially if you dont know the name of it.

Edited by Soviet_Union

Circle jerk around the BMP-3 everyone! :cool:

Gatta say though I liked the wiki more, it had more detailed information for each unit.

the general information wiki will be back also. The class documentation is an extra bit for mission makers and script writers.

Tough I need to fix one information here, there is actually no BMP-3 with ERA on these screens, the addon armor visible on one of vehicles is passive addon armor against HMG's class of weapons and acting as additional buoyancy elements.

I cant seem to figure out the new documentation...

Nothing makes sense and I can barely get anything in game.

whats the exact classname for MK19 grenade launcher for example? nothing listed in the documentation works if I add it to a ammo crate as displayed.

is it rhs_weap_mk19? RHS_MK19? its not clearly stated.

Does anyone have a working ammo crate script as I am failing to grasp the concept in the new DOCs.

Thanks in advance.

Indeed... :p

Here's a "civilian" with a M4A1:

I understand the nuances of communication can be lost in the interwebs, but I have to ask: what's with the continued snarkiness when this subject is brought up? Whether the model handguards are too short or the model barrels are too long, it seems valid for people to bring up the subject with all of the incredible attention to detail that RHS normally has.

And I guess I don't get the joke. It's a Ranger shooting a Block 1 M4A1. Not a civilian shooting his AR-15 or even during a dog-and-pony show/Jane Wayne day where the public gets to play with military guns.

All that said, if the issue is in work, awesome! If not, I'll still enjoy your fantastic addon/mod. But it's still a fair question for someone to ask.

The documentation is as clear as it can be, the classname is "RHS_MK19" and the displayname is "Mk19"

I cant seem to figure out the new documentation...

Nothing makes sense and I can barely get anything in game.

whats the exact classname for MK19 grenade launcher for example? nothing listed in the documentation works if I add it to a ammo crate as displayed.

is it rhs_weap_mk19? RHS_MK19? its not clearly stated.

Does anyone have a working ammo crate script as I am failing to grasp the concept in the new DOCs.

Thanks in advance.

umm you cant put a static grenade launcher in the crate :/

I understand the nuances of communication can be lost in the interwebs, but I have to ask: what's with the continued snarkiness when this subject is brought up? Whether the model handguards are too short or the model barrels are too long, it seems valid for people to bring up the subject with all of the incredible attention to detail that RHS normally has.

And I guess I don't get the joke. It's a Ranger shooting a Block 1 M4A1. Not a civilian shooting his AR-15 or even during a dog-and-pony show/Jane Wayne day where the public gets to play with military guns.

All that said, if the issue is in work, awesome! If not, I'll still enjoy your fantastic addon/mod. But it's still a fair question for someone to ask.

Can't speak for Misty's replies, however I can give my own.

These where added in as an extra just cause we had the pieces from Ardy, the extra attention to detail perhaps wasn't applied because there is no focus on SF or SF related equip yet, was more of an addition of opportunity.

Most of that kind of stuff in the mod currently is because we thought it would be good to throw it in as a 'placeholder' as 'most of the pieces' where laying around etc. as some people might get enjoyment out of it.

The issue was noted and is known.

I can't say when it will be addressed, whether someone has the time and wants to do it tomorrow or it doesn't change until/if ever SF equipment does become the focus. If it's breaking immersion, maybe we can take it out until it's up to standard, whenever that is.

The photo basically showed a Ranger shooting a standard mil-spec M4A1 (with some Block 2 parts), as you can see the barrel is longer. That was in answer to coffeeshock who said that all the mil-spec M4A1 have a shorter barrel.

Still hoping for a proper "mil-spec" MK18 and M4A1... right now they still look like civilian clones, since both barrels are way too long...

Honestly. I like the Mk18's in the pack. The do the job. They don't have to be the sharpest tools. The barrel length on the Mk18 and the M4A1 is reasonable to play. Glad there is a M320 variant as well.. can't find any Mk18 with a GL anywhere else in game.

Honestly. I like the Mk18's in the pack. The do the job. They don't have to be the sharpest tools. The barrel length on the Mk18 and the M4A1 is reasonable to play. Glad there is a M320 variant as well.. can't find any Mk18 with a GL anywhere else in game.

As Sabre commented above once more, our aim for the US forces is on the regular troops and equipment. Special Ops new stuff and improvements will come later on.

umm you cant put a static grenade launcher in the crate :/

Well that was a poor example, lol but for the handheld weapons I cant find the working classname.

wheres the M4? The _base name does not work for example. I had to figure out it was actually like rhs_weap_m4 I think it was as seen here:

http://class.rhsmods.org/rhsusaf/CfgWeapons_rhs_weap_m4_Base.html

I still cant figure out the m203 version:

http://class.rhsmods.org/rhsusaf/CfgWeapons_rhs_weap_m4_Base_M203_GL.html

M203_GL does not work.

I think it would be alot easier if the Static and Vehicle mounted stuff weren't lumped in with, Just saying. Purely one mans opinion.

Help a brotha out, wheres the classnames for dummies guide? :cool:

Step 1. Open the editor

Step 2. Click on the cogwheel icon on the top; that's the Config Viewer tool

Step 3. Open the "CfgWeapons" list on the left by double-clicking it

Step 4. Look for weapons that say "RHS_nameOfGun"

Step 5. You've found the classname!

If you want to find classnames for magazines, check the CfgMagazines list.

Well that was a poor example, lol but for the handheld weapons I cant find the working classname.

wheres the M4? The _base name does not work for example. I had to figure out it was actually like rhs_weap_m4 I think it was as seen here:

http://class.rhsmods.org/rhsusaf/CfgWeapons_rhs_weap_m4_Base.html

I still cant figure out the m203 version:

http://class.rhsmods.org/rhsusaf/CfgWeapons_rhs_weap_m4_Base_M203_GL.html

M203_GL does not work.

I think it would be alot easier if the Static and Vehicle mounted stuff weren't lumped in with, Just saying. Purely one mans opinion.

Help a brotha out, wheres the classnames for dummies guide? :cool:

ah there seems to be some classes missing and i need to investigate, nice spot. As for excluding statics, thats not how it works, you either have it all or not.

Lots (all that are missing) of weapon classes are in CfgVehicles, not sure why.

;2940823']Lots (all that are missing) of weapon classes are in CfgVehicles' date=' not sure why.[/quote']

there was some bad config formatting which threw the parser off a bit, fixing it now

ah there seems to be some classes missing and i need to investigate, nice spot. As for excluding statics, thats not how it works, you either have it all or not.

Ahh ok. Well I dont want to sound leechy, I appreciate your work. I dont want to complain without offering to contribute. I do web stuff, PHP, MYSQLI etc... and would gladly create a completed page in my suggested format if you need it as a supplement. Also thanks for the config viewer suggestion Phronk, I forgot that was there. It does get the job done but sux going back and forth. Lord knows the process of creating a mission is long enough as is. If I didnt enjoy it so much I would've quit years ago. :D

EDIT***

Something else I just noticed thats odd is if you go into the config viewer, all the RHS weapons are listed as "rhs_weapon_m4a1"

But to actually get them to load in game it needs to say: "rhs_weap_m4a1" Just an FYI.

Edited by JimSolo

Ahh ok. Well I dont want to sound leechy, I appreciate your work. I dont want to complain without offering to contribute. I do web stuff, PHP, MYSQLI etc... and would gladly create a completed page in my suggested format if you need it as a supplement. Also thanks for the config viewer suggestion Phronk, I forgot that was there. It does get the job done but sux going back and forth. Lord knows the process of creating a mission is long enough as is. If I didnt enjoy it so much I would've quit years ago. :D

EDIT***

Something else I just noticed thats odd is if you go into the config viewer, all the RHS weapons are listed as "rhs_weapon_m4a1"

But to actually get them to load in game it needs to say: "rhs_weap_m4a1" Just an FYI.

that is right, the quirks of arma configs. rhs_weapon_m4a1 and rhs_weap_m4a1 are 2 different things.

But ok the docs should be fixed now

To clarify:

- rhs_weapon_X is a spawnable weapon in the map.

- rhs_weap_X is the weapon that can be added to a inventory (soldier, vehicle or crate).

quick ammo crate script if anyone needs one...

ammo-us-1.sqf:

_cache = _this select 0;

clearWeaponCargoGlobal _cache;
clearMagazineCargoGlobal _cache;
clearItemCargoGlobal _cache;

_cache addWeaponCargoGlobal ["rhs_weap_m16a4",30];
_cache addWeaponCargoGlobal ["rhs_weap_m4a1",20];
_cache addWeaponCargoGlobal ["rhs_weap_m4a1_m203",10];
_cache addWeaponCargoGlobal ["rhs_weap_m4a1_m320",10];
_cache addWeaponCargoGlobal ["rhs_weap_m240B",10];
_cache addWeaponCargoGlobal ["rhs_weap_m249_pip",10];

_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag_Tracer_Red",200];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag_Tracer_Green",200];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow",200];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_M441_HE",200];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["1Rnd_SmokeRed_Grenade_shell",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["1Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["1Rnd_SmokeYellow_Grenade_shell",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["1Rnd_SmokePurple_Grenade_shell",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["1Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["3Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["3Rnd_SmokeRed_Grenade_shell",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["3Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["3Rnd_SmokeYellow_Grenade_shell",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["3Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["3Rnd_SmokePurple_Grenade_shell",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["3Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["3Rnd_UGL_FlareWhite_F",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["3Rnd_UGL_FlareGreen_F",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["3Rnd_UGL_FlareRed_F",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["3Rnd_UGL_FlareYellow_F",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["3Rnd_UGL_FlareCIR_F",20];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhsusf_100Rnd_556x45_soft_pouch",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhsusf_200Rnd_556x45_soft_pouch",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51_m993",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51_m80a1epr",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_mk3a2",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_m67",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_m69",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_an_m14_th3",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_mk84",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_m7a3_cs",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_an_m8hc",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_m18_green",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_m18_red",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_m18_purple",50];
_cache addMagazineCargoGlobal ["rhs_mag_m18_yellow",50];

Ammo crate named "ammo1":

this = [ammo1] execVM "ammo-us-1.sqf";

As Sabre commented above once more, our aim for the US forces is on the regular troops and equipment. Special Ops new stuff and improvements will come later on.

You must have misinterpreted what I said. Like I said, Sabre is right, the Mk18 and M4A1 Block II are not the focus and I understand that. The models they provided in game are acceptable to play with and don't have to be 110%. I SAID I like that and basically echoed what sabre said.

You must have misinterpreted what I said. Like I said, Sabre is right, the Mk18 and M4A1 Block II are not the focus and I understand that. The models they provided in game are acceptable to play with and don't have to be 110%. I SAID I like that and basically echoed what sabre said.

It was an answer to your message :)

can't find any Mk18 with a GL anywhere else in game.