Question, I really like the svd rifles in this pack. Would they get bipods to help fulfill their role as marksman rifles? The few with bipods I've seen onkine have their bipods on the front of the stock which AFAIK minimizes interface with barrel dynamics.

So, what's currently in the works for v0.3.8? I know that the new M240B has been showcased, and today we saw that tanks have been upgraded a bit which is great! What's the current progress with the MRAPs? Can't wait for what's in store with the next update! Also, apologies in advance if this is an unwelcome question.

Really tanks upgraded? Nice. Would love to see implementation of some realistic features available in Steel Beasts, like true turret movement momentum, ammo cookoff (already rudimentary implemented in AGM), maybe even crew protection for the Abrams :P

i really hope they first figure out a way to improve the damage model for vehicles in the game, because right now it is very annoying to shoot a tank only to have it shoot back before it explodes.

Yeah I had a Grenadier launch a grenade at me, I shoot and kill him, and the launched grenade land right on top of my head, killing me instantly. Timing sucks.

i really hope they first figure out a way to improve the damage model for vehicles in the game, because right now it is very annoying to shoot a tank only to have it shoot back before it explodes.

Did you disable extended armor as it was mentioned?

Quick question, sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't find anything that went to the extremes I witnessed. Basically my clan adopted the AFRF part of this mod recently and we all love it, the scale and detail of the pack is great. There's one issue though that's left us all scratching out heads a bit. Some of the units refuse to die. After some experimentation and what I can only describe as a firing squad, we think it's one of the VOG tagged vests, if not all. I'm not just talking about a bit more difficult to kill, I'm talking to the point where we lined up point blank and emptied 6-7 mags of 5.56 into the guy wearing the vest and he just shrugged it off.

I've ensured the extended armour setting is off, (it's the "armor = 0" value in the arma3profile if I'm right?) and we've tried various methods of spawning the units. Oddly it all appears to work ok on SP (I say this tentively, it's not been tested extensively). Which has made this even more confusing. Am I missing something glaringly obvious? I'm thinking so because I can't find anything else to this extent mentioned else where, so if this was a huge bug why are we the only ones getting it lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys, like I said we all love the mod and want to keep using it :)

Edited by Crazy538
Clarifying which mod part we use.

Quick question, sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't find anything that went to the extremes I witnessed. Basically my clan adopted the AFRF part of this mod recently and we all love it, the scale and detail of the pack is great. There's one issue though that's left us all scratching out heads a bit. Some of the units refuse to die. After some experimentation and what I can only describe as a firing squad, we think it's one of the VOG tagged vests, if not all. I'm not just talking about a bit more difficult to kill, I'm talking to the point where we lined up point blank and emptied 6-7 mags of 5.56 into the guy wearing the vest and he just shrugged it off.

I've ensured the extended armour setting is off, (it's the "armor = 0" value in the arma3profile if I'm right?) and we've tried various methods of spawning the units. Oddly it all appears to work ok on SP (I say this tentively, it's not been tested extensively). Which has made this even more confusing. Am I missing something glaringly obvious? I'm thinking so because I can't find anything else to this extent mentioned else where, so if this was a huge bug why are we the only ones getting it lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys, like I said we all love the mod and want to keep using it :)

please post a detailed description of this issue on feedback.rhsmods.org. also attach RPT and make sure you are not running any other mod when you test it.

Little tease today. M240B ingame with workable bipod.

ACOG is currently a placeholder until the MDO is created.

Credits to Gurdy for the model and Sabre for his superb textures.

http://i.imgur.com/qNzFmyn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7ja3T5W.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/t6eLw91.jpg

Please excuse the placeholder animations, the release pins not moving with the feed tray cover and incorrect ejection as well. Early in game version.

It's all planned...

Bipod seems a bit sunk into the ground, gonna have to move the bipod memory point a bit lower so it looks correct.

Interestingly I spotted that the vests with VOG attached (at least most of them) have a full armour bar in the virtual arsenal (in the statistics section), I didn't report it since I didn't get round to testing it without other mods but now that you mention it I'll check it out.

EDIT: Yeah just tested it with AFRF only, feedback report here. Probably just a misplaced 0 or something. :D

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=625

Edited by Jona33

I hate to be that guy, but will the SPCs have pouches in the next update?

No. Maybe. Probably. :)

Best mod around. Thank you RHS-team for this piece of art. I believe RichardsD did some work for RHS and he released his 3 vehicle mods to the community under APL - is there any chance RHS will pick them up and give 'em some love? I like the MaxxPro and the MTVR and it would be a shame to see these vehicles going down the drain (physx-issues, latest compatibility aso). Both vehicles are in active service in the US Armed Forces and there are some neat variants in the modpackages, already modeled and textured, sooo.... Is there a chance you guys will adopt those 2 units, polish and integrate them in RHS? :))

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188144-I-am-releasing-my-3-major-mods-open-source

Little tease today.

Not to take anything away from the many amazing artists in RHS but damn; everything Sabre touches turns to pure awesome.

Awesome! The LWH looks stunning as well!

I hate to be that guy, but will the SPCs have pouches in the next update?

That's still a MICH, but the LWH and pouches have taken steps closer lately.

Big thx for this great mod we having so much fun playing it. But maybe in future updates can soldiers have more pouches on their vest? It so unrealistic now that some soldiers in the addon have no pouches at all, most real life soldiers always full of pouches especially on the modern molle plate carrier systems. Also can we have a Russian special forces with moded AKs? Here some example :

Fidai, it has been discussed multiple times. We know this, it's getting worked on. Do you really think we would leave them slick like that?

Do you really think we would leave them slick like that?

Perhaps a few with flaks or kevlars on backwards? With rank stuck on Pvt? :D

Fidai, it has been discussed multiple times. We know this, it's getting worked on. Do you really think we would leave them slick like that?

Sorry man didn't know this was already discussed, was just a humble opinion to make an already great mod even greater.

For some reason, the USAF will not install? Is there any required mod for it or something? The Russian Forces seemed to install fine.

Perhaps a few with flaks or kevlars on backwards? With rank stuck on Pvt? :D

Oh man....let's not even go there...I've seen first hand what a POG unit looks like on a table 3/4 shoot....ugh.

---------- Post added at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:52 ----------

Sorry man didn't know this was already discussed, was just a humble opinion to make an already great mod even greater.

I'm an active duty infantry Marine. I would hope that you would never think I'd leave something like that to happen throughout this mod. Don't worry, they're in good hands. I do appreciate it though that you thought of this.