Sorry, this is not an addon PACK, it is a total modification MOD. If you want to remove pbos for your own use (as in taking them out or deletingthose) do it on your own risk.

We also don't allow RHS files to be repacked or shared around in any other form that the one RHS provides it.

Thank you sir.

I will try and setup the 3rd server with vanilla arma and install this. Suggestions?

Yikes, doesn't sound very inline with the rest of the open Arma modding community but OK!

The issue with full conversions and the like is often part 'A' requires parts 'B', 'C' and 'D' to function. 'B' only requires 'D', but 'C' and 'D' both require 'A', 'E' and 'Q'. Start removing random PBOs and chances are you'll get errors, missing textures and other unexpected behaviour, so the best advice anyone can give (and PuFu has already done so) is remove things at your own risk (or more simply, just don't bother). Some addons and mods are built with modularity in mind, but RHS is quite interwoven together.

Something broke with the latest arma patch. When I try to locally host a game with RHS: escalation the game freezes when pressing "OK" in the server setup screen. Don't know why it happens, but Action Button Mod had the same issue with the previous patch that he/she resolved swiftly.

please use feedback.rhsmods.org for that, and include the RPT file. The fact that mod Y or Z had a similar issue is of no help.

This is all I ever asked for.

Never once did I say I was going to rip his code off, wtf did that ever come from?

I asked for the class names, because addon {:"...... require them. for use inside epoch mod.

I am looking to install it.

Wiki = down, I was looking for more information on class names.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EMPTY

but since I would just simply look at the pbo's and get that info for myself, I thought someone would have lent me a hand since wiki was down.

I would have liked to use the mod, but its vanilla arma mod only. Which would have been nicely told to me before all this? don't you think.

Since the wiki is down, as unfortunately as it sounds, it is up to you to find the class names required.

Yikes, doesn't sound very inline with the rest of the open Arma modding community but OK!

I'll be brief here, due to lack of time

1. for development reasons things are already split into individual pbos, more or less into scripts, configs and data (2d and 3d content), for each side AFRF and USF respectively (since 2 updates ago these 2 are independent of each other). If we are too chose between making the development easier and allowing anyone to only take certain parts out in order keep a mod pack in 2015 internet's bandwidth world smaller, will take the first one.

2. we already have a tons of bug reports that are not related to RHS. using other mods are messing with RHS files are the first culprits on a list (i am not even touching the idiotic amount of feature and content requests, most along the lines "i want/do this/ now!"). Most reports are shallow and that means a lot of time spent trying to track issues that don't exist. This happens NOW. We really don't want it to have more on this bug plate if we can help it.

3. repacking and redistribution - we want to keep things as they are for reasons specified in p1 and p2. Also, it is a matter license (which i assume you already read by now).

If you'd be a lor more specific towards what you want to achieve, you'll most likely receive more help. Secondly, what does "inline with the rest of open ArmA community" means to you? You are getting a free of charge product, with continuous free of charge support...what else would you think is required from RHS to get "inline with the community"? (bear in mind that RHS provides content since OFP for this very community)

Thank you sir.

I will try and setup the 3rd server with vanilla arma and install this. Suggestions?

Suggestions for what? It should be as simple as running with any other mod out there, just a matter of setting your server and game mod paths correctly.;)

Regarding the wiki - redoing it all by hand it is a gargantuan task by itself. As previously said, if that by hand solution can be automated (also easier on the long run), will try the latter. Have a bit a patience, Soul Assassin is onto something, but we all have jobs, social lives and responsibilities outside arma.

Edited by PuFu

any suggestions of what mods not to use at this time.

I would like to use blastcore, cba if needed, em, jsrs unless its better in yours, and any AI mission files.

most of all RHSUSAF with a compilation of adding in terriorist type mods if at all possible.

I would like to use blastcore, cba if needed, em, jsrs unless its better in yours, and any AI mission files.

most of all RHSUSAF with a compilation of adding in terriorist type mods if at all possible.

Observe the RHS license (essentially don't modify the original files or distribute in any form other than as originally received) and you can use RHS with any other mod you'd like (including Epoch). Whether it works as desired or not in combination with those other mods is for you to determine, RHS will likely only assist with incompatibilities where they recognise that the other addon is in some way complimentary to RHS (this probably wouldn't include Epoch) and they're not in any way bound to assist as they provide the addon as a stand-alone 'Total Conversion'. In general, don't report bugs that you can't recreate with just RHS running, it's a waste of the developers' time.

There's a section of the ArmA playerbase that likes to look down on anything that isn't military simulation (Zombie/Apocalypse/RPG/Life mods, i.e. Epoch) but that's just someone else's opinion/preference and not something you really need to concern yourself with.

We can't really tell what mods or addons work well with RHS because we don't know. My suggestion is that you test the ones you fancy. First start with RHS and then add the others one by one, testing each time how it works in the server. That's the best way to find if there's any compatibility issue.

Dunno if has been posted yet, but aren't the Su25 weapons a bit useless right now? They can't even handle an M113A3 totally, and well...bradleys will ignore them or shoot them off the sky...

This is a bug, or is it intendeed?

I looked in the documentation and I couldn't find it, but is riding on top of vehicles implemented, and how do you get the units to ride in that form?

I looked in the documentation and I couldn't find it, but is riding on top of vehicles implemented, and how do you get the units to ride in that form?

yes it is, just order them to get in. The top positions are set up as FFV turrets.

Ah ok, thank you, and as for riding on top of a BTR, what would the code be to move them into the FFV turret position? As 'this moveincargo' places them inside the BTR as opposed to on top.

EDIT: For having the squad(s) start a mission riding on top, instead of ordering them on top mid-mission.

Is there a chart of muzzle velocities for the RHS artillery for our arty calculators.

I've got them saved for the M109 and 2S3 (assuming they haven't been changed recently), I'm not on my ARMA computer right now but I'll post them up this evening if no one beats me to it.

EDIT: Technically muzzle velocity is dependent on the ammo so I haven't got it save in a static form,

(getnumber (configfile >> "CfgMagazines" >> currentmagazine vehicle _tube >> "initSpeed")) <---That will get it to you (_tube is the actual piece, 810 m/s rings a bell for the M109 and 2S3)

Depending on the fire mode there's various muzzle speed coefficents as follows

Weapon Mode 1 Mode 2 Mode 3 Mode 4 Mode5

"mortar_155mm_AMOS" 0.19 0.3 0.48 0.8 1

"RHS_Weap_2a33" 0.19 0.3 0.48 N/A N/A

The grad has bloody millions of fire modes, multipliers are as follows.

Edited by Jona33

Dunno if has been posted yet, but aren't the Su25 weapons a bit useless right now? They can't even handle an M113A3 totally, and well...bradleys will ignore them or shoot them off the sky...

This is a bug, or is it intendeed?

Yeah air vehicles need some offensive and defensive love. It's on my list.

Have you guys thought about making the stationary 9M133 KORNET LAUNCHER and TOW LAUNCHER for US and and RU? They were on arma 2

Yeah air vehicles need some offensive and defensive love. It's on my list.

Copy, just wanted to know if it was a bug, and it was reported or I should post it on the feedback myslef. Thanks not only for the work, but for the quick support you provide!

Have you guys thought about making the stationary 9M133 KORNET LAUNCHER and TOW LAUNCHER for US and and RU? They were on arma 2

From RHS official F.A.Q:

Will you make XXX?

No. Maybe. Probably.

First thing is that cychou have very wrong information, we proved to him that he is wrong, even when he obviously called us not well informed and that he have better experts... well, it seems his better experts were wrong, as well as his source material which was poor.

for Abrams driver, it's exact that he couldn't switch his seat if the turret is not pointed to the rear. if the turret is pointing to any other direction the seat switch is impossible.

Edited by cychou

Mod RHSUSAF up and rolling, on vanilla Arma 3 clean server. Blastcore, and EM loaded so far.

-What am I suppose to see? I see a voting mission style window, and map picking window. When I checked it over it said, Co-op etc based.

- I am assuming since I saw -RHS menu inside one of those missions it is working as intended and I need to explore it.

Sorry I am rather new to the default arma 3 thing, I plunged right into scripting and sandbox type thing. I first was set onto Dayz, then Epoch. So my knowledge is rather limited.

I want to explore all options of this mod :)

Thank you!

Oh and for those that don't know, I see everyone speaking as Epoch is a Zombie type mod, it is not. I wanted to comment prior, from the dev's in 2013 but I could not. Its a sandbox style moving towards looting etc.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Arma 3 Epoch Mod will be a total conversion mod coded from the ground up, and no longer based on DayZ. Many of the key ideas from DayZ Epoch will play a major role in Epoch Mod however everything else will change!

More will be announced early this year.

Sneakydudes, I'm trying to interpret what you've written and I think that you are expecting some kind of "mission" or game-style that RHS adds... Sorry. That's not it. You'll still have to build a mission or dl one from someone else RHS adds units, vehicles, weapons, aircraft etc... It does not add a new style of game-play....

or have I miss-understood what you were expecting ?

For instance we use RHS to provide really authentic Russian OpFor for our public or Private ops. We still have to build the missions in the editor ourselves... if that's not it - ignore me :-)

SJ

Mod RHSUSAF up and rolling, on vanilla Arma 3 clean server. Blastcore, and EM loaded so far.

-What am I suppose to see? I see a voting mission style window, and map picking window. When I checked it over it said, Co-op etc based.

- I am assuming since I saw -RHS menu inside one of those missions it is working as intended and I need to explore it.

Sorry I am rather new to the default arma 3 thing, I plunged right into scripting and sandbox type thing. I first was set onto Dayz, then Epoch. So my knowledge is rather limited.

So you have vanilla server? To use Epoch features I believe you have to setup a Epoch Mod server, not vanilla. To get RHS assets to spawn you need to add the class names to the server configuration. Details about those things can be found on Epoch forums, so I suggest you look there for info. There you can find lots of info about scripting and how to customize your server.

RHS has been forced to take down quite a few uploads of its A3 content (in full or in parts) from the Steam Workshop. As we are all still awaiting a statement from BI regarding the continuous IP breach and Valve's Steam EULA going on Steam Workshop in regards to original content that is uploaded by 3rd parties, I think it is wise to state once more RHS official stance:

Steam Workshop

RHS does NOT AGREE with Steam Workshop License Agreement, more specific sharing our IP rights with Valve and it's affiliates on content upload (please read section 2. and section 6. of the mentioned EULA)

Please respect our own License Agreement and our choice and DO NOT upload RHS content on Steam Workshop, no matter of the reason.

Please help us by reporting in this thread, via our facebook page or here if you encounter any RHS content (in full or parts of) on the Steam Workshop so we can take the necessary measures to protect our IP.

If we ever change our stance towards Steam we'll upload RHS A3 content ourselves, allowing anyone to use the collection feature.

Specific Steam License Agreement sections worth reading are bellow:

F. Ownership of Content and Services

All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Content and Services and any and all copies thereof, are owned by Valve US and/or its or its affiliates’ licensors. All rights are reserved, except as expressly stated herein. The Content and Services is protected by copyright laws, international copyright treaties and conventions and other laws. The Content and Services contains certain licensed materials and Valve’s and its affiliates’ licensors may protect their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement.

G. Restrictions on Use of Content and Services

You may not use the Content and Services for any purpose other than the permitted access to Steam and your Subscriptions, and to make personal, non-commercial use of your Subscriptions, except as otherwise permitted by this Agreement or applicable Subscription Terms. Except as otherwise permitted under this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use), or under applicable law notwithstanding these restrictions, you may not, in whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, publish, distribute, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, create derivative works based on, or remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Content and Services or any software accessed via Steam without the prior consent, in writing, of Valve.

You are entitled to use the Content and Services for your own personal use, but you are not entitled to: (i) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Content and Services to other parties in any way, nor to rent, lease or license the Content and Services to others without the prior written consent of Valve, except to the extent expressly permitted elsewhere in this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use); (ii) host or provide matchmaking services for the Content and Services or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Valve in any network feature of the Content and Services, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the Content and Services, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks, websites or services, without the prior written consent of Valve; or (iii) exploit the Content and Services or any of its parts for any commercial purpose, except as expressly permitted elsewhere in this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use).

D. Representations and Warranties

You represent and warrant to us that you have sufficient rights in all User Generated Content to grant Valve and other affected parties the licenses described under A. and B. above or in any license terms specific to the applicable Workshop-Enabled App or Workshop page. This includes, without limitation, any kind of intellectual property rights or other proprietary or personal rights affected by or included in the User Generated Content. In particular, with respect to Workshop Contributions, you represent and warrant that the Workshop Contribution was originally created by you (or, with respect to a Workshop Contribution to which others contributed besides you, by you and the other contributors, and in such case that you have the right to submit such Workshop Contribution on behalf of those other contributors).

You furthermore represent and warrant that the User Generated Content, your submission of that Content, and your granting of rights in that Content does not violate any applicable contract, law or regulation.

for Abrams driver, it's exact that he couldn't switch his seat if the turret is not pointed to the rear. if the turret is pointing to any other direction the seat switch is impossible.

Again wrong, he can also crawl through gunner station, however it is just more convienient to crawl through loader station. Besides this as we said, we won't change that, simply because completely blocking capability to switch driver station is non realistic, secondly some simplifications for gameplay reasons need to be made, this is why driver can move to any other station with turret pointing in all directions.

Now let's end this discussion, there are more important things to do.

Sneakydudes, I'm trying to interpret what you've written and I think that you are expecting some kind of "mission" or game-style that RHS adds... Sorry. That's not it. You'll still have to build a mission or dl one from someone else RHS adds units, vehicles, weapons, aircraft etc... It does not add a new style of game-play....

or have I miss-understood what you were expecting ?

For instance we use RHS to provide really authentic Russian OpFor for our public or Private ops. We still have to build the missions in the editor ourselves... if that's not it - ignore me :-)

SJ

Best mod I have seen!!!!

I am doing exactly that in the 3d editor, and then MCC to make the missions with the ai. I've built a semi mission of a military complex taken over by terrorists.

They have been plaguing Altis North West mountain areas for some time. The mission will be extremely difficult to do.

It will be based off a sandbox style gameplay eventually. I can move it into epoch, as class names do appear for me to add those "allowed vehicles" (like Massi) and or weapons to the existing mod.

I just had to play around with it to understand its complexity. Remember not all this is about missions, its about missions inside an open sandbox environment.

Guys, I am losing myself in this mod..... save me! it rocks.

Mine is very private, as I turn off BE filters for my closest friends to play. Clanmates. We only use content for ourselves.

Thanks Devs.

Sneaks

Hoping someone can help, or point me in the right direction please.

I'm looking for the magazine class name for the 2S3M1 artillery, for the purpose of a artillery script I have. I've searched through the config viewer but can't find it ?

As an example the vanilla sochor is "32Rnd_155mm_Mo_shells", etc.

Be grateful if someone can help.

Thanks.

So, what's currently in the works for v0.3.8? I know that the new M240B has been showcased, and today we saw that tanks have been upgraded a bit which is great! What's the current progress with the MRAPs? Can't wait for what's in store with the next update! Also, apologies in advance if this is an unwelcome question.