I realise that, however what I meant was "Can you (via config) define the ability to switch between gunner/loader/commander without allowing the driver to switch to these positions and vice-versa" - That was the part I was unsure of. Would it be an all or nothing situation in-game where either you can't switch ANY positions, or all of them regardless?

I believe it's done with 'compartments' in the config

"Can you (via config) define the ability to switch between gunner/loader/commander without allowing the driver to switch to these positions and vice-versa".

Yes you can. ACE 2 got these seat switch limitation for some vehicles.

on the RHS bug tracker they send me video link to show me BMD-2 crew compartment .

none of these videos show driver able to acces gunner seat from inside.

Edited by cychou

Hi,

I posted a feature request on the RHS bug tracker concerning seat switch restriction for driver to/from gunner and commander for M1 abrams, t72/90, bmp2, Bmd-1/2, M109 paladin, and they closed it pretending their "experts" confirmed it was possible to switch seat. I reposted a second ticket with evidences and links, and they closed it again with the same wooly argument.

so to the RHS "experts", plz show me a single evidence, ( and not just your words) of the possibility for the driver of these vehicles to acces other seat compartement other than exiting the vehicles..

for the Abrams tank, the only way for the driver to acces to the turret is to have the turret rotated at 180°, the maingun pointing to the rear. in this configuration there is a small trap accessible.

ingame you can switch seat whenever you want, whatever the turret orientation. this over-ability had been disabled in ACE 2 since abrams driver is most of time blocked by the turret and can only exist from his roof trap. the crew never do such a manœuvrer is real situation btw.

please relax.

It was a feature request you made which was denied. The reasons don't matter much. If this is so important to you, go ahead and do it. You are free to create your own config on top to limit whatever you want, as long as you don't repack RHS content, nor reverse engineer it

You can also ask ACE to do it for their vehicles in A3..

I believe it's done with 'compartments' in the config

yes

Yes you can. ACE 2 got these seat switch limitation for some vehicles.

I am aware ACE did it for A2, and A1 for that matter, but IRC when i was with ACE, it was a workaround the turrets, by making compartments.

please post here the config to limit vehicles for a single seat, in a single direction not both ways.

Edited by PuFu

I posted a feature request on the RHS bug tracker concerning seat switch restriction for driver to/from gunner and commander for M1 abrams, t72/90, bmp2, Bmd-1/2, M109 paladin, and they closed it pretending their "experts" confirmed it was possible to switch seat. I reposted a second ticket with evidences and links, and they closed it again with the same wooly argument.

First, what Pufu already said. You suggested us a feature, and after consideration we decided to not do so. But you are free to create your addon / mod with all the features you thing are interesting for the community :)

Second, you already had the full documented answer of why not in the issue report (including videos and pictures).

First thing is that cychou have very wrong information, we proved to him that he is wrong, even when he obviously called us not well informed and that he have better experts... well, it seems his better experts were wrong, as well as his source material which was poor.

Second thing is as PuFu said.

Third thing is, that to make driver move in to turret only when turret is in specific position, just like in real life, might involve heavy scripting. We want to avoid as much scripting as possible for performance reasons.

If not that very serious issue and that we need to take in to account a broad spectrum of users with different PC's with different performance, we could probably script everything we would wish, including proper animations, for driver switching his stations or ammo reload from semi-ready to ready racks. But it is not that nice and simple, besides this we have also many of our own views and ideas on many things, and nowhere is said we will do everything exactly the same as ACE team did in the past or will do now. Even if a degree of compatibility between RHS and ACE is desired so players wanting to play both mods in the same time won't face any problems.

End of discussion, we won't change it.

Edited by Damian90

Hello,

I'm looking for US support trucks in Escalation, particularly repair. Are there any? I see that support trucks exist for AFRF, but not for US.

There are lots of varieties of US Army trucks, but there are no indications in the editor if some of them are support units or not.

Support variants will most likely be avaiable in future release, they are not ready yet.

^ ^ Ok, thanks for the info.

^ ^ Awesome, thank you. :) I'm trying to avoid using the NATO HEMTT repair and ammo trucks in my new mission. It would be cool if one of the existing US trucks with a mounted M2 MG on the cab will be available as a support unit!

^ ^ Awesome, thank you. :) I'm trying to avoid using the NATO HEMTT repair and ammo trucks in my new mission. It would be cool if one of the existing US trucks with a mounted M2 MG on the cab will be available as a support unit!

They will ;)

I currently just "finished" the M1083 Expandable Shelter Carrier which will be used as a MHQ and Medical Support Truck.

After that I will do a M1078 Non-Expandable Shelter Carrier which will be used for repair truck.

For the Ammo Truck I think I will make a flatbed truck and tie vanilla NATO support boxes on top.

Edited by RedPhoenix

Best Mod for Arma 3

Would be awesome if you can add black versions of MK18 and M4 Block and maybe the Scar series in black and tan.

Guys do you find any torrent of version 0.3.7 ? i tried search on the home page of the mod but nothing :(.

if you have please send me the link .

Guys do you find any torrent of version 0.3.7 ? i tried search on the home page of the mod but nothing :(.

if you have please send me the link .

Then you didnt search good enough ;)

So after searching the tracker and this thread I have not found the answer.

When pilot/gunner in any aircraft that uses hellfires, I cannot select them. Switching through the weapons works as normal (using F or CTRL + F) but for some reason the hellfires will not show up. Instead , on the AH-1 or AH-64 for example, I get the gun or laser designator. The hellfire option does not even show up, even if they are fitted on the aircraft.

Does anyone have this problem, and perhaps a solution?

EDIT:

After some more troubleshooting I have the answer:

FOREWORD: I am not sure if this applies to just Escalation or other mods at this point.

Axemann Soundscape mod apparently conflicts with the hellfires and makes them unusable. I disabled this mod and now everything works.

Edited by Rogers
Solution

When pilot/gunner in any aircraft that uses hellfires, I cannot select them. Switching through the weapons works as normal (using F or CTRL + F) but for some reason the hellfires will not show up. Instead , on the AH-1 or AH-64 for example, I get the gun or laser designator. The hellfire option does not even show up, even if they are fitted on the aircraft.

I think someone posted in this thread that "Laxemann's Enhanced Soundscape" is causing this, if you are using it try disabling it and see if it still happens.

EDIT:

After some more troubleshooting I have the answer:

FOREWORD: I am not sure if this applies to just Escalation or other mods at this point.

Axemann Soundscape mod apparently conflicts with the hellfires and makes them unusable. I disabled this mod and now everything works.

Thank's for letting us know

In the future, try not to report bugs unless you are using only RHS.

They will ;)

I currently just "finished" the M1083 Expandable Shelter Carrier which will be used as a MHQ and Medical Support Truck.

After that I will do a M1078 Non-Expandable Shelter Carrier which will be used for repair truck.

For the Ammo Truck I think I will make a flatbed truck and tie vanilla NATO support boxes on top.

Totally awesome. :cheers:

I was also looking for some HQ vehicles, and the M1083 sounds great! Is there one for AFRF already available?

Edited by OMAC

Any info on RHS + MCC? Particularly the helicopters... I'm having a hard time getting them to spawn inside an MCC zone?

Is there an issue with the wiki page, I cannot seem to access it. Here is the link I used:

http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/Main_Page

Unfortunately we have suffered some technical difficulties with it, seems that most of the data may be lost. But fear not as we are working hard to bring the documentation back again.

Any info on RHS + MCC?

Probably you should ask in the MCC thread, as we don't participate in their development.

Unfortunately we have suffered some technical difficulties with it, seems that most of the data may be lost. But fear not as we are working hard to bring the documentation back again.

Probably you should ask in the MCC thread, as we don't participate in their development.

is it possible while you bring it back(the doc) to made a pdf version out of it too so that we can have it offline like a manual on a iphone/ipad while playing and testing some of feature.

thanks

that will also made data loss impossible unless everybody who downloaded it is hacked.

a PDF version is not planned, but we'll see what can be done about it. t

his wasn't a hack, was a server without a backup that fucked up, as unfortunately as it is, it happens.

The general idea is to auto-generate the documentation from the existing configs and scripts, on the go, on each build, without having someone do it manually simultaneous with the development.