Strv122
Top speed forward: 72km/h
Top speed reverse: 31km/h
Acceleration 0-70km/h: ~26s (I think)
Max climbing angle: 30°
Standstill 360° turn: 11s

And here's something more useful for RHS team, since it includes mobility testing of T80U.

I have been tweaking tank handling in another mod myself, and it's pretty easy to lookup some performance data and recreate that ingame. The hard part is making them handle smoothly and without glitches. Bear in mind, that even vanilla content glitches to some degree, but it seems that the more realistic you make your tank handle, the more it will start to glitch, which is frustrating. Vanilla tanks are not very realistic by the way. They turn and accelerate way to fast and have way too many gears. BI did not go for as realistic handling as possible. They went more for a pleasing and exciting handling from a gameplay perspective.

I almost feel bad for RHS for the critique they have to take related to tank handling. It's not easy to get it right, and it takes a lot of time, patience and testing. Arma3 is so wierd in this regard. The more realistic numbers you put in the physX config, the worse it gets. I don't think many of these people coming forward with critique understand how hard this is. I also belive some of these problems are not on RHS, but on Bohemia. There are issues with the vehicle physX simulation that are very frustrating for modders. Edited by Brisse

We know about these problems, actually Red_Pheonix is working on a different solution.

As for acceleration, what is wrong with it? Contrary to popular belief modern MBT's are very mobile, even the heavy ones, and can very quickly accelerate to their top speed. US MBT's because they use much more modern and capable hydromechanical transmission (same for IFV) can very quickly acceperate not only to their top forward speed, but also top reverse speed, and reverse speed is also very larger, around 30 km/h. So it is not unrealistic, the biggest problem are gear shifts and such kind of stuff, so Red_Pheonix is working on a different solution as said above.

No kidding.

@Brisse: Dont feel bad, they rich.

Kidding aside we all know that truly awesome pc gaming is actually a slow refinement and both bi devs and modders are plodding forward which is in itself awesome.

Cool video on the M1 Abrams. I took out my stopwatch when they did the 360 turn. Looks like 14,5 seconds so slightly slower than the Leo2 at about 11 seconds. This is a pretty important value when tweaking the turning coefficients of the tanks in the game.

Acceleration looks excellent on the M1 Abrams.

M1 is heavier than Leopard 2 bare in mind.

Actually without any addon armor, M1 is heaviest NATO tank, M1A1SA, M1A1FEP and M1A2SEP weights 63,1 metric tons. Challenger 2 weight 62,5 metric tons, Leopard 2A5/A6 around 60-62 metric tons, Leclerc T10/T11 Series 3/SXXI around 58 metric tons. Most of the M1's weight increase is armor as we calculated with Olds.

Hey guys. Grea job on the releases of the USMC stuff. I noticed that the AH-1 and UH-1 both have the option to have thier blades folded in the Garage. Is there a script or option to have the blades fold/unfold ingame? Again, great job on the mod!

RHS is great but the other day when we were doing a large scale kick ass game, I went to an ammo box to pick up a M136 grenade for my tube and when my pointer is hovering over the grenade, a new style of window is showing. It has a blue border and says "This is premium DLC content" and that I need to buy it to use it...

Buying an addon is one thing but that pop up box was extremely immersion breaking! It really broke the entire feeling of "yeah woho kickass fight lets take out some Taki rebels!!" and put me in a state of "wtf................... is this BF3?!".

Pellejones and you know what i love it, that it is like it is and i think thats a rhs gag or the best bug we ever had.

When we get knew guys in our group and someone ask that question we know we have teach him allot, its the natural noob filter for milsim groups ;).

Because why would you need a second m136 rocket ?

Its an disposable launcher, so you could only fire the rocket once, an it has already one loaded.

Oh you from sweden what i know saab produce that little beast.

Question is there a night sight available for the AT4 in the RHS mod ?

Edited by Speedygonzales

I was not going for a second grenade for the AT4, I was getting a first grenade for a new tube. And no it does not have one loaded, you have to load it yourself in the RHS version of the AT4.

not anymore - in 0.37 rocket is auto added once launcher is selected to prevent dumb looking disposable launcher loading.

Edited by Reyhard

awesome work, congratulation for update.

When will you add Ka50 ?

Unless they took it out in the recently(which i doubt), the KA50 is already in.. Edited by Chompster

Didn't the Russian Defense Ministry decide not to take Ka-50 into production (only 12 development aircraft were built), and chose to build 150+ Ka-52 for the AF and Navy instead?

I've never seen a community pay so close attention to details and specs. Great job all. A true simulation game and community we have here!

Didn't the Russian Defense Ministry decide not to take Ka-50 into production (only 12 development aircraft were built), and chose to build 150+ Ka-52 for the AF and Navy instead?

Yeah, there's a lot of detail about it (unsurprisingly) on the DCS forum but that's the gist of it. There's not even a definitive type of Ka-50, as various things were added to different models, some stuff never left the Kamov company helicopters, they have been used by the Russians (I think they were even used in combat briefly) but the Ka-52 is the version that's been chosen for actual production. I wouldn't bank on seeing RHS doing a brand new model (since the Ka-50 and -52 are fairly different) for an inferior and almost non-existent helicopter (wins on badass points though, single seat attack choppers for the win. :D).

Hi,

can someone use the weapon folding feature? It doesnt work for me, ctrl+c and custom controls 1-.. has no functions.

Hi,

can someone use the weapon folding feature? It doesnt work for me, ctrl+c and custom controls 1-.. has no functions.

Are you setting it through the RHS controls menu that shows up when you press Esc? (I assume that's what you're supposed to do now). I also sometimes have to hit the button quite a few times to get it to work properly, sometimes it's fine, sometimes it takes a few attempts.

i did it thru the rhs menu, did customize your controls?

Ok I found the problem.

-you can fold only without optic

-it is unmounting allways the npz and it fold/unfold the weapon

-npz rail spam in the inventory

Edited by Lt_Ryan

I know this question may return, "We will consult the spirits." but I was wondering if you guys had any plans for the littlebird? I know there is already a littlebird mod in the making. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179063-MELB-Mission-Enhanced-Little-Bird-WIP

Maybe you could work with them. Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere.

i did it thru the rhs menu, did customize your controls?

Ok I found the problem.

-you can fold only without optic

-it is unmounting allways the npz and it fold/unfold the weapon

-npz rail spam in the inventory

It is quite obvious that you can't fold AK then optics mount is in place since it is right in the way of the folded buttock