I noticed this too. Perhaps a relic from Arma 2 days? I think more PhysX tweaking should reduce this undesirable effect.

Basically its when you collide against an object, sometimes PhysX can't keep track of it and go bananas. RedPhoenix will probably explain it better :)

Basically its when you collide against an object, sometimes PhysX can't keep track of it and go bananas. RedPhoenix will probably explain it better :)

There are other games who run physX, who do not have anywhere near the problems Arma 3 has with it, though. Running any mission with tanks, especially addon tanks, results in flipped vehicles. There are also some instances where the RHS tanks accelerate to top speed (or beyond?) in half a second or so, especially when going reverse. When they then touch an object, they get flipped and thrown around.

The jerky way Arma 3 runs tracked vehicles doesn't help either, but the RHS vehicles right now suffer a lot from it, especially when driving yourself. For example, the T-72 series turns unbelievably quickly when stationary on its tracks. The Namer has the same problem, the other tanks got fixed at some point, so I suspect config work can alleviate some of the problems.

I would love for the vehicle simulation to get some love from BIs side, though, because right now they are way too unpredictable and unreliable.

Not a report but:

is it just me or do tanks take longer to turn, compared to tanks in ArmA 2 or ArmA 3 (vanilla)?

yes and bradlyes sometimes flies if they turn i think this is something to do with arma maybe arma thing ?

Not sure if it's caused by this mod or not but, if I put the MRCO on the M4 Block II, this happens:

1024x578.resizedimage

IMO they should've adopted a late cold-war setting, it would've been a more natural fit for the current capabilities of the game, and more importantly made the community happy

This reminds me of Strike Fighters and SF2, despite having tons of 3rd party planes it really shines in the pre-4th gen aerial combat, especially Vietnam and Korea. Flying anything more recent in SF/SF2 is only a small step above Ace Combat. Each engine has its limits (in terms of code and manpower), and Arma's RV4 at best could handle the era you mentioned.. Minus advanced stuff like ECM (which shouldn't be a problem, a combined arms sandbox can only be so encompassing.. Basic CAS and arty are satisfactory, whenever mechanized AI is ever fixed)

Is there something wrong with flares on the helicopters? I was in the apache, moving at speed and slowly in two different instances. I got engaged at a distance both times and had plenty of time to pop flares. The missiles beamed onto me even when I was evading with turns, flips, etc. No matte what this has happened in multiple RHS helis.

Is there something wrong with flares on the helicopters? I was in the apache, moving at speed and slowly in two different instances. I got engaged at a distance both times and had plenty of time to pop flares. The missiles beamed onto me even when I was evading with turns, flips, etc. No matte what this has happened in multiple RHS helis.

If you are moving slowly the missile may not divert course enough to leave you out of effective range.

If you are moving slowly the missile may not divert course enough to leave you out of effective range.

Does the missile explode at a distance from the vehicle then, because I had people watching me go down. They said I sped around a hill with a missile hot on me popping flares the whole time before the missile hit me dead on.

I come from the KetsuCorp GEAR thread with the questition, if the RHS team maybe can grant permission to the KetsuCorp team to retexture for example the helmets from RHS. If so, please let me here in this thread know or contact Ketsu yourself;). I would really appreciate it.

I was playing around with the LMTVs and I noticed the exhaust was coming out of the air intake behind the cab. The exhaust is supposed to be on the right side in front of the back tire, the pipe is there but disused apparently. Other than that, bang up job on the FMTVs. Just wish there was a non-uparmored version. But thats probably just me. Also glad to see all the humvees, never thought I'd say that about a highback. :p

Wiki articles about M1A1 and M1A2 requre some updating as they aren't mention an ability to dump the FCS lead. Articles concerning T-series tanks are fine in that aspect. :)

I don't need update on my article ;)

Ok, I leave....

[snip

Thats pretty awesome. The viewing angles on that sight are far larger than I would have expected.

Did more comprehensive driving testing, found the following:

T- series tanks drive like go-karts, with crazy acceleration. All T-80s will rapidly accelerate when being reversed by the AI and then turning. When the fps is low, this sometimes leads to a runaway acceleration. Acceleration on all these tanks is unbelievably, almost comically quick. The suspensions are also incredibly stiff, resulting in the vehicles feeling very weightless on top of being more susceptible to being flung around by scenery than the vanilla vehicles.

The being thrown around is very dependent on fps, too. At around 30 fps it usually only happens when driving against/over scenery. At 24 and lower it can even happen when turning on the spot or changing speeds. I have only tested the russian tanks so far, no IFVs or any of the US tanks, because I am most interested in running the russian vics in MBT patrol and support missions.

But right now they are too unreliable for me or AI, with a 50/50 chance of ending up on their backs in a half hour mission. Is there any chance of making this a focus at some point, tracked vehicle behaviour?

omg the trailer is so good

The best effect I've seen in a moive,especially when the helicopter hit the builds!:yay:And the Chinese Kung Fu,I'm Chinese and even can't Kung Fu like that!:bounce3:

Did more comprehensive driving testing, found the following:

T- series tanks drive like go-karts, with crazy acceleration. All T-80s will rapidly accelerate when being reversed by the AI and then turning. When the fps is low, this sometimes leads to a runaway acceleration. Acceleration on all these tanks is unbelievably, almost comically quick. The suspensions are also incredibly stiff, resulting in the vehicles feeling very weightless on top of being more susceptible to being flung around by scenery than the vanilla vehicles.

The being thrown around is very dependent on fps, too. At around 30 fps it usually only happens when driving against/over scenery. At 24 and lower it can even happen when turning on the spot or changing speeds. I have only tested the russian tanks so far, no IFVs or any of the US tanks, because I am most interested in running the russian vics in MBT patrol and support missions.

But right now they are too unreliable for me or AI, with a 50/50 chance of ending up on their backs in a half hour mission. Is there any chance of making this a focus at some point, tracked vehicle behaviour?

We know about these problems, actually Red_Pheonix is working on a different solution.

As for acceleration, what is wrong with it? Contrary to popular belief modern MBT's are very mobile, even the heavy ones, and can very quickly accelerate to their top speed. US MBT's because they use much more modern and capable hydromechanical transmission (same for IFV) can very quickly acceperate not only to their top forward speed, but also top reverse speed, and reverse speed is also very larger, around 30 km/h. So it is not unrealistic, the biggest problem are gear shifts and such kind of stuff, so Red_Pheonix is working on a different solution as said above.