New versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Outstanding modification and update fellas and congratulations on your MANW prize, it was well earned. I've been using your mods since the early OFP days, without RHS, the old BAS crew and many many others, those OFP and OFP Resistance days would have been quite boring. Just as excellent as your modification are the two small cmd window based updater's. They are tiny, none intrusive, fast and very easy to use. I imagine take quite of a bit of bandwidth load off of Foxhound's servers. ;)

Great work, and thanks! :)

great! is it possible to implement the new armor system on vehicles like humvee and rg-33? would be nice seeing those effects on damage parts of the vehicles and tanks during battles :D

You mean visible damage? This might be problematic, however if you mean armor system in general, then yes, at some point.

PLease add torrent link for this! great update!

y you no look on the download page?? :confused:

PW6 still shows USAF as requiring AFRF, though I thought this was 'fixed' as of 0.3.6. Comments? If it shouldn't be that way we need to let the PW6 guys know. I've been jonesing for USAF without having to require AFRF in some instances.

PW6 still shows USAF as requiring AFRF, though I thought this was 'fixed' as of 0.3.6. Comments? If it shouldn't be that way we need to let the PW6 guys know. I've been jonesing for USAF without having to require AFRF in some instances.

Indeed USAF doe NOT require AFRF since last version.

Greetings guys, I have removed the dependency. :)

Be advised, authors are able to claim their mods and fully control updates, dependencies and the meta data on the content page :)

Contact me via PM if you guys need help getting started.

Cheers

y you no look on the download page?? :confused:

I'm sorry, I was so excited and impatient that only look at the bottom of the page (the link) Thx!

i have a suggestion related to 3d acog and elcan scopes. if you use vanilla 3d scope config, and "cut" the image around the scope an use that as 1x pip image, then the image inside scope wil be 4x or any magnification that the scope is supposed to have. wouldnt that give you a more clear sight image insted of use pip inside the scope?

You mean visible damage? This might be problematic, however if you mean armor system in general, then yes, at some point.

yes , just like the T72B3 i can see a visible damage on the front ERA if it gets a direct hit :)

Amazing work on the new update! Do you guys have any plans of adding the same turret you recently added to the trucks, to the Humvee's? Again fantastic work!

Edit: I also forgot to ask about the C-130j. I was having trouble getting it up past 4500 meters in altitude. Is there any reason for this specifically, because myself and the guys i play with would very much enjoy to jump out of your C-130 at 8000 meters or above :)

Edited by Cerarco

i have a suggestion related to 3d acog and elcan scopes. if you use vanilla 3d scope config, and "cut" the image around the scope an use that as 1x pip image, then the image inside scope wil be 4x or any magnification that the scope is supposed to have. wouldnt that give you a more clear sight image insted of use pip inside the scope?

benson did a mockup of this, dunno what wasn't right about it since he abandoned it. seems that pip max resolution is 512x512 anyways, so for the entire screen it wouldn't look blurry but pixalated...

I'm getting a serious crash when using the U.S. Army Grenadier in the editor. By serious I mean total freeze, ctrl-alt-del to start task manager and alt-F4 to kill Arma 3 because my mouse is frozen. This is with the latest BIS public patch, *not dev* and no other addons. I've repeated this freeze 3 times, however when I place a few AI U.S. Army Grenadiers the game doesn't freeze, the AI simply don't have a weapon and are in the holding an invisible rifle "pose". The unit is: rhsusf_army_ocp_grenadier

**********EDIT**************

I found the issue on my end, sorry for the confusion as I forgot to disable Joint Rails and community addons. It seems to be related to a conflict with either Joint Rails or Community Addons....

*********EDIT**************

Found the culprit, a 3rd party addon to make Joint Rails compatible with RHS: Escalation. File name is: asdg_jr_rhs.pbo

Take care

Jocko

Edited by Jocko-Flocko

Yes:)

---------- Post added at 04:45 ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 ----------

benson did a mockup of this, dunno what wasn't right about it since he abandoned it. seems that pip max resolution is 512x512 anyways, so for the entire screen it wouldn't look blurry but pixalated...

ok, but i just came over something at BWmod facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BwMod/photos/pcb.1542367475983957/1542366885984016/?type=1&theater

looks like they are up to something, i think they use pip araund, but im not sure.

ok, but i just came over something at BWmod facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BwMod/photos/pcb.1542367475983957/1542366885984016/?type=1&theater

looks like they are up to something, i think they use pip araund, but im not sure.

It's a 2D scope (as is the AGM example) and IMHO inferior to the 3D implementation already in RHS. The good news is that it can almost certainly be created post-release for any weapon in the game and I'm sure somebody will do so for the RHS weapons at some point (if RHS don't).

It's a 2D scope (as is the AGM example) and IMHO inferior to the 3D implementation already in RHS. The good news is that it can almost certainly be created post-release for any weapon in the game and I'm sure somebody will do so for the RHS weapons at some point (if RHS don't).

basically almost like BF2 PR mod had in their scopes and also it can be more FPS friendly than the RHS method

Just tried the M88 Afghanka uniform you packaged in, outstanding! Now we can make Soviet-ish troops too :D

What do i wrong? I dont see visible stuff on the T72B3 and nothing changes after got hit. Only thing i was supprised was a onehit with a M136 (HEAT) from 45° front to side.

And are there somewhere data for the tanks about their penetration values of the guns and their armor? I would like to know what tanks are nearly equal on US vs RU duel stuff, we love to do some sort of TvT, with RHS this is much more fun!

Edited by Numrollen

basically almost like BF2 PR mod had in their scopes and also it can be more FPS friendly than the RHS method

Yep, understand what it is, the key thing I think is that only RHS can make the 3D-PiP implementation (because they have the model sources), the 2D-PiP option can be done by any modder for any (already binarized) optic. For this reason I'm keen to see RHS continue with the 3D version so all preferences can be accommodated one way or the other (assuming RHS don't do both). Obviously I haven't had the opportunity to try the AGM one but I'm pretty sure I will much prefer Reyhard's, it's already pretty damned brilliant. We might even see a combo with both versions as separate optics modes.

Yep, understand what it is, the key thing I think is that only RHS can make the 3D-PiP implementation (because they have the model sources), the 2D-PiP option can be done by any modder for any (already binarized) optic. For this reason I'm keen to see RHS continue with the 3D version so all preferences can be accommodated one way or the other (assuming RHS don't do both). Obviously I haven't had the opportunity to try the AGM one but I'm pretty sure I will much prefer Reyhard's, it's already pretty damned brilliant. We might even see a combo with both versions as separate optics modes.

One big problem that I noticed is the performance of the 3D optic drops drastically when in FFV mode.

What do i wrong? I dont see visible stuff on the T72B3 and nothing changes after got hit. Only thing i was supprised was a onehit with a M136 (HEAT) from 45° front to side.

And are there somewhere data for the tanks about their penetration values of the guns and their armor? I would like to know what tanks are nearly equal on US vs RU duel stuff, we love to do some sort of TvT, with RHS this is much more fun!

That is strange (non visible changes on model), try to use only vanilla game with RHS, some mod might conflict with it.

As for armor and ammunition data, we will definately show them when they will be refined and ready, right now it's still very WIP.

However do not expect any sort of equality or balance. Tough currently the best armored RU tanks are T-80U and it's subvariants followed by T-72B obr.1989 and T-72B3. Still their protection is lower than M1A1AIM, M1A1FEP and M1A2SEPv1 we have in mod. But this should force you to learn vehicles, know their strong and weak points, and use tactics. ;)

One big problem that I noticed is the performance of the 3D optic drops drastically when in FFV mode.

Isn't that likely caused by the crew LOD having other mirrors/viewports that have to be rendered on top of the scope view? It didn't happen for me as a Slammer commander for instance. If so, that will surely be the case with any type of PiP scope (so more of a to-PiP-at-all question rather than the 2D-PiP vs 3D-PiP choice).

Personally I don't think that's an insurmountable issue, Reyhard said he was considering trialing disabling the PiP when not actually sighting through the optic which (if say it were applied when in a vehicle) would at least mean the framerate wasn't compromised when using ironsights. Hell, I love what he's done enough, I'd be perfectly happy only having ironsights/over-the-scope available in FFV. Obviously it's up to you guys to decide what's worth pursuing here, I'm just expressing my love for what has always been a bit of an ArmA Holy Grail (RO/Insurgency style optics).