Documentation for the armor system is still in development, we would wish others to be able to implement it in their vehicles as well, so it will be avaiable for general public, we also discussed with Olds to create allready a table with realistic armor values based on our research for various vehicles so other addon/mod makers would not need to waste time for research and just use our values (also this would improve compatibility between different mods and addons), however this will take time as research and later calculations takes a lot of time. We are currently struggling with M1 Abrams family, because of secrecy around it's armor protection, it's a very difficult to get it right.

So you used AGM? Note! AGM brakes things right now (it also conflicts with ArmA3 1.42 AFAIK), do not use it with RHS, and better wait for ACE3, as far as I know, maybe other better informed team members can confirm, ACE3 will be more compatible with RHS.

When time premits, I will test these vehicles again against various threats. Tough I played with them today a bit and didn't noticed any wrong, T-72B3 survived all 3BK18M HEAT rounds fired in to it's front from other T-72B (obr.1985), and 3BK18M have penetration value of 550mm RHA, so comparable to some RPG-7 rounds.

Also note, the firegeometry for T-72's is ok as far a I know, especially for T-72B3 as it was the first to be reworked, if there is a problem, it's caused by AGM, and also the fact we still nead to tweak ammunition indirectfire values that cause some problems.

okay sorry , tested without AGM and its fine now my T-72B3 survived a front hit by an PG7VR and even a 120mm round and loved the effect on the ERA modules ( please implement this on all your tanks that uses ERA ) :D but yes still a 40mm or s-8\pg7v hit from the sides can destroy any RHS russian tank and i think this is an issue or bug

but yes still a 40mm or s-8\pg7v hit from the sides can destroy any RHS russian tank and i think this is an issue or bug

Nope, that's pretty much realistic.

okay sorry , tested without AGM and its fine now my T-72B3 survived a front hit by an PG7VR and even a 120mm round and loved the effect on the ERA modules ( please implement this on all your tanks that uses ERA )

Be patient, we are working on it.

but yes still a 40mm or s-8\pg7v hit from the sides can destroy any RHS russian tank and i think this is an issue or bug

I will repeat, Russian tanks hull sides are max only 80mm thick homogeneus armor protection over crew compartment and 70mm over engine compartment, in some cases with ERA as additional protection. Even very weak shaped charge jets will go through it like hot knife through butter. Turret protection at sides/sides-rear is not better. It's the result of the Soviet and later Russian Army requirements to reduce size and weight of vehicles. Rear is only 40mm. While hull sides where suspension is attached is only 20mm thick.

Of course NATO tanks here are not much better, for example Abrams over crew compartment is 70mm heavy ballistic skirt + 70mm hull side plate, which gives 140mm of spaced armor array, over engine compartment it is 5mm non ballistic skirt + 40mm side hull plate, so only 45mm of spaced armor array. Of course additional ERA protection can be added. Rear of the hull is also only 40mm thick. Area where suspension is attached, is also 40mm thick.

It's not that it's a bug, but we put a lot of time and resources for scientific research in to this stuff, I think we spended countless hours on only discussion how this stuff looks like with Olds, Bakerman and Archbishop_Lazarus.

If there is however a bug, my best bet it's ammo indirecthit value that is too large, but as far as I know, it only affected ERA in a way it caused too many modules to explode.

Also in future we plan to add some other stuff, for example Abrams will have isolated ammo compartment, so it won't be destroyed, in most cases only disabled, maybe with some ammo cook off effects in isolated ammo compartments, and in worst case scenario it will catch fire and be slowly consumed by it, unless maybe some fire extinguishing equipment won't be added or something. On the other hand T tanks due to their ammo storage system, will be much more vurnable to catastrophic ammo cook offs and explosions.

There are possibilities we want to explore. However as allways, no promises when it will be added, and even if it will be added, as we do not know if such attempts will be successfull.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually I just made some tests and didn't noticed anything abnormal, everything seems to work as intended.

Important: Results may also vary depending on hit angle.

Try to hit a T-72B3 in one of the side skirt ERA modules, first at around 90 degrees angle, and later at a more steep one, for example 30 degrees, you will see that results might be different. ;)

Edited by Damian90

My AGM fixes for Arma 3 1.42 can be found at the following link, you need to rebuild it yourself though!

https://github.com/jonpas/AGM/compare/d039b22c252526bc699d889b97085857e0fd7bae...usec_0.95.3.1

BE WARNED! This repository does NOT contain all AGM features/modules, as it is tailored for our community! You are better off making changes on your own fork of the original project and then building it.

No fixes for RHS as far as I am aware, we are not having any major issues in our community.

Edited by Jonpas

Where can I know which RHS features are being broken with AGM? We use that addon in our team these days. ACE3 is still WIP and need to be released officially so we need to stick with AGM atm.

AGM will most likely broking only some ammunition values making them too strong. Also cook off feature turns on too early, so even with minimal damage, vehicles can start to burn and explode. These are things I remember when using AGM.

Very nice work, congrats.

One thing however, but noticed on others mods too:

when I'm pilot in Apache or Viper, I can't use missiles:

I can only use rockets, and if I switch to manual fire, I can only use the gun.

And if I order my gunner to aim at a target, he will only use the gun, never the missiles.

However, I can use the missiles when I am gunner.

Test run on ArmA 3 vanilla + RHS 3.7 only

I had the same issue on John Spartan's F-18 though (same: ArmA 3 vanilla + F-18 only), so dunno if it's the latests updates of BIS that broke it or not.

AGM will most likely broking only some ammunition values making them too strong. Also cook off feature turns on too early, so even with minimal damage, vehicles can start to burn and explode. These are things I remember when using AGM.

I believe the second one was due to missing 'minimalhit' values on some vehicles. like for example being able to break a BTR's turret with small arms fire

Very nice work, congrats.

One thing however, but noticed on others mods too:

when I'm pilot in Apache or Viper, I can't use missiles:

I can only use rockets, and if I switch to manual fire, I can only use the gun.

And if I order my gunner to aim at a target, he will only use the gun, never the missiles.

However, I can use the missiles when I am gunner.

Test run on ArmA 3 vanilla + RHS 3.7 only

I had the same issue on John Spartan's F-18 though (same: ArmA 3 vanilla + F-18 only), so dunno if it's the latests updates of BIS that broke it or not.

Yes, noticed the same, solution is, when gunner have controls over his armament, press ctrl+F so he will choose weapon system you wish to use, and then use manual fire, crude and not very convieniant but works.

I believe the second one was due to missing 'minimalhit' values on some vehicles. like for example being able to break a BTR's turret with small arms fire

Might be, well when we finish with more important things we can take another look in to it.

Checked it with RHS only, without any other mods. Yes, latest version of ARMA3 (stable) + RHS 0.3.7. Already reported that problem. Hope we can see a hotfix soon. Because with AFRF is everything OK.

I found the problem. My bad. In 0.3.7 developers renamed folder @RHSUSF -> @RHSUSAF. I use old USA addon because of this. If you have problems, please check this moment.

T-72B3 survived a front hit by an PG7VR and even a 120mm round and loved the effect on the ERA modules ( please implement this on all your tanks that uses ERA )

I'm glad you like it.

That is the plan, the B3 is our test-bed for the new armor system. Additional to depleting ERA we also simulate composite armor which has different CE/KE protection levels. All of this takes a bit of time to implement on each tank, but we will eventually do them all.

Well I know I'm the only one complaining but there is a big difference in FPS for me comparing to your first release. When a fight breaks out my FPS drop a lot .

Might be the sounds that you guys added with the previous patch or FX in your mod. Is there a way to remove the FX or other heavy scripts to make game run better?

And before anyone start to talk about my system I tell them to keep quiet. I'm just asking how I can make this mod lighter because it's hard to play without it.

fx is really not that heavy (not near blastcore levels for instance) and there should be no relation between sounds and frames per second.

without a proper testbed and proof of this lower fps, there is really nothing one can help you with

Edited by PuFu
fuck you iphone keyboard making me look dyslexic

fx ia really not that heavy (not near blastcore levels for instace) and there should be no relation between sounds and frames per second.

without a proper testbed and proof of this lower fps, there is really nothing one can help you with

especially considering we didn't add any effects aside from new Russian smoke grenades for tanks which are actually lighter in performance than the default ones used. But indeed you need to provide a bit more information. Are you using maybe other effects mods like Blastcore? A reproduction mission maybe you have?

especially considering we didn't add any effects aside from new Russian smoke grenades for tanks which are actually lighter in performance than the default ones used. But indeed you need to provide a bit more information. Are you using maybe other effects mods like Blastcore? A reproduction mission maybe you have?

Well I created a new profile with launcher and I will try with only CBA and your mod guys. If I find something interesting I will let you know.

I was wondering if I could maybe add the turn in /out function to the unprotected HMMWV's? Feeling exposed lol.

I was wondering if I could maybe add the turn in /out function to the unprotected HMMWV's? Feeling exposed lol.

Hmmm, that is interesting option, I think we never discussed it.

You can sit in the transport seats from the turret and vice-versa, you can even choose which seat.

So you know, if things get dirty, just seat inside :)

I'm glad you like it.

That is the plan, the B3 is our test-bed for the new armor system. Additional to depleting ERA we also simulate composite armor which has different CE/KE protection levels. All of this takes a bit of time to implement on each tank, but we will eventually do them all.

great! is it possible to implement the new armor system on vehicles like humvee and rg-33? would be nice seeing those effects on damage parts of the vehicles and tanks during battles :D

Nice update! top-notch. thanks guys

is there any information about the new apparatus on the top of the front windows of the M1097A2s? Is it about the fire control system mentioned in the documentation?

The key rhsafrf.0.3.7.bikey prevents our server from initializing properly.

I can't point out wich is the exact problem with it but any installation i put this key fails to launch correctly and i have to manually end the process in the task manager.

Downloaded form http://www.rhsmods.org/mod/1

im speechless! what a great update:) many game devs have something to learn from RHS, fixing content before they push out new content is almost none existant these days. The highlights for me is new M4 sounds, it is the most realistic sound ive ever heard in a game! i work close to a military base in norway, and the army often has cqb exersises in our area and they are using hk416 (modified m4) with blanks, and m4 in rhs sound almost like it! not too loud, but dynamic and accurate sound.

grenadier still having invisible rifle, anyone know what make this?

is there any information about the new apparatus on the top of the front windows of the M1097A2s? Is it about the fire control system mentioned in the documentation?

It's a GPS/Blue Force Tracking antenna

As da12thmonkey rightfully said it's a Blue Force Tracker antenna:

https://www.viasat.com/government-communications/blue-force-tracking

http://www.hmmwvinscale.com/photos/M1152A1-w/B1-Armor-Kit--BFT/M1152A1%20w%20B2%20Sand%20BS%2082.jpg (134 kB)