Guys, did you updated something in 0.3.6? I just launched updater for RuAF and it downloads a2port and 2s3 files as I write this...

I'm trying to fire the 9m79b on a dedicated server and I can't get it to work. More precisely, I don't see an explosion (mushroom) and the AI infantry don't die, so it appears there's no damage being dealt by the missile. I tried it with both AI that is local to my machine and local to the server.

I tried spawning a 9m79b on the server, but then using the fire control feature it does not fire the missile (pressing the launch button does nothing).

I then tried spawning a 9m79b using Zeus (which spawns it on my machine), then I could fire it. However, when the missile impacts (I see it impact), I only see the flash and I hear the sound, but there is no mushroom and the AI stays alive (no damage).

I also tried it in singleplayer (editor) and it works 100% fine there.

Am I doing something wrong or is the 9m79b simply not multiplayer compatible yet?

EDIT: Figured out why the launch button doesn't work on the vehicle spawned on the server. The engine does not automatically turn on when you get the vehicle into the firing position. So, you manually need to turn on the engine, then it will fire. But the no mushroom, no damage problem is still there. I did notice that every now and then the missile itself will do damage (in like a 200 meters radius), but there's no mushroom and it should do damage in a bigger radius.

EDIT2: I did some testing by triggering the nuke through scripting using this: [(getpos unit1), 10000] call rhs_fnc_ss21_nuke;

It works in singleplayer. In multiplayer, doesn't matter whether I run that line on the server or my client, there's only a flash, a sound, but no mushroom.

Edited by BlackAlpha

Is it possible to get AI to fire artillery to a spesific location?

Various methods, doArtilleryFire Sometimes works, sometimes it breaks for no apparent reason.

Guys, did you updated something in 0.3.6? I just launched updater for RuAF and it downloads a2port and 2s3 files as I write this...

I've just checked it, and there are no new files. Probably you missed the 0.3.6 update.

I've just checked it, and there are no new files. Probably you missed the 0.3.6 update.

No, that is not possible, as a huge fan of yours, I downloaded it as soon as it came out. More then that, even that I know that this is illogical, I launch updates from time to time to make sure that I haven't missed something. ;) today I got t-72, t-80, infantry, humvee, m1a1 files updated among above mentioned. Some of them was created 27.03.2015, some 25.03.2015.

So I'm noticing on Play with Six that the RHS: United States Armed Forces mod is @rhs_usf3 and the one I downloaded from Armaholic is @RHSUSF. When I tried changing it to @rhs_usf3 Play with six started downloading totally different files than what was with the mod I downloaded from Armaholic and the files don't match up. It's as if these two mods are completely different. I'm trying to use Play with six to keep things updated, but it's god awful download speed keeps me from downloading full mods. Is there a difference between these two? Both say it's version 3.6 I just don't understand what's going on here.

I think I figured out where the problem lays with the not working nuke on a dedicated server.

This code successfully creates a mushroom cloud when I run it on my machine:

[] spawn {

_pos = (getpos unit1);

_yield = 10000;

_radius = 20 * _yield ^ 0.4;

_core = "logic" createVehicleLocal _pos;

[_pos,_yield,_radius,_core] call rhs_fnc_ss21_nuke_fx_smoke;

};

So, I'm guessing the problem lays with:

rhs_c_rva\rhsafrf\addons\rhs_c_rva\scripts\nuke\nuke.sqf

Line 14

Something there is making it so the smoke function is not run properly on the clients.

There's probably more wrong with the whole nuke thing on a dedicated server because, like I said previously, it does no damage. But I don't have time to look into that. For now, all I need is the nuke special effect.

Edited by BlackAlpha

I think I figured out where the problem lays with the not working nuke on a dedicated server.

This code successfully creates a mushroom cloud when I run it on my machine:

[] spawn {

_pos = (getpos unit1);

_yield = 10000;

_radius = 20 * _yield ^ 0.4;

_core = "logic" createVehicleLocal _pos;

[_pos,_yield,_radius,_core] call rhs_fnc_ss21_nuke_fx_smoke;

};

So, I'm guessing the problem lays with:

rhs_c_rva\rhsafrf\addons\rhs_c_rva\scripts\nuke\nuke.sqf

Line 14

Something there is making it so the smoke function is not run properly on the clients.

There's probably more wrong with the whole nuke thing on a dedicated server because, like I said previously, it does no damage. But I don't have time to look into that. For now, all I need is the nuke special effect.

createvehiclelocal would be the problem. should either use createVehicle, or run createVehicleLocal on all clients via an event handler or bis_fnc_MP

No, that is not possible, as a huge fan of yours, I downloaded it as soon as it came out. More then that, even that I know that this is illogical, I launch updates from time to time to make sure that I haven't missed something. ;) today I got t-72, t-80, infantry, humvee, m1a1 files updated among above mentioned. Some of them was created 27.03.2015, some 25.03.2015.

I noticed the same thing days ago...didnt pay much attention to it.

I noticed the same thing days ago...didnt pay much attention to it.

just did the updater and i dont have anything like that is created 27.03.2015, some 25.03.2015.

today I got t-72, t-80, infantry, humvee, m1a1 files updated among above mentioned. Some of them was created 27.03.2015, some 25.03.2015.

Uhm, interesting, I'll investigate further then. Did it provoke any issue?

when you first download the data it tells you the first the download date and if its downloaded it tells you the date the file was made or uploaded that all i can see

when you first download the data it tells you the first the download date and if its downloaded it tells you the date the file was made or uploaded that all i can see

Yes, I understand, but for instance I've just "rechecked" the updater and still my files date from the 28th of February...

Check a screen my folders :confused:

Could you tell me the number of your builds (as you can see in my screen, it's a file that can be found in each of the update folders).

createvehiclelocal would be the problem. should either use createVehicle, or run createVehicleLocal on all clients via an event handler or bis_fnc_MP

Nice catch. I think you're right.

Another thing about the nuke. I noticed that quite often the top of the mushroom (the mushroom itself) disappears after a few seconds. So, you only see it rise from the ground for a few seconds and then it disappears. You then do see the rest of the smoke column and everything else, just the top is missing. It happens in both the editor and a dedicated server on all clients (tested it with two players).

I think I pinpointed the problem to the damage function which looks for objects from the center of the nuke and starts damaging them. That function is run on the server only, but somehow it still (indirectly?) seems to delete the nuke special effect on the clients. I suspect due to a game bug, the damage code (after it arrives from the server to the clients?) mixes up what it needs to damage and then instead of damaging an object close to the nuke center, it damages/deletes the mushroom. I think only buildings that were damaged by the server cause this issue. I'm not 100% sure that's the actual problem, however.

A way to test the above theory is by running the nuke code on a place with many houses. Make sure there are houses close to the nuke center. The top of the mushroom will disappear. Then run the nuke at exactly the same place again. The mushroom will now show because the server is probably not sending to the clients any damage code from buildings close to the nuke center. Then run the nuke code at places where there are no buildings close to the nuke center. The mushroom should always show up properly at those places.

Anyway, I was able to create a workaround by running the damage code first, then doing a sleep for 6 seconds (made it higher than needed to compensate for lag in multiplayer), and then afterwards running all the nuke special effect functions. That way, by the time the nuke special effects play, the damage code has already moved on to different areas (it starts from the center and works its way outwards) and thus won't accidentally delete the mushroom.

Edited by BlackAlpha

Nice catch. I think you're right.

Another thing about the nuke. I noticed that quite often the top of the mushroom (the mushroom itself) disappears after a few seconds. So, you only see it rise from the ground for a few seconds and then it disappears. You then do see the rest of the smoke column and everything else, just the top is missing. It happens in both the editor and a dedicated server on all clients (tested it with two players).

I think I pinpointed the problem to the damage function which looks for objects from the center of the nuke and starts damaging them. That function is run on the server only, but somehow it still (indirectly?) seems to delete the nuke special effect on the clients. I suspect due to a game bug, the damage code (after it arrives from the server to the clients?) mixes up what it needs to damage and then instead of damaging an object close to the nuke center, it damages/deletes the mushroom. I think only buildings that were damaged by the server cause this issue. I'm not 100% sure that's the actual problem, however.

A way to test the above theory is by running the nuke code on a place with many houses. The top of the mushroom will disappear. Then run the nuke at exactly the same place again. The mushroom will now show because the server is probably not sending to the clients any damage code from buildings close to the nuke center.

Anyway, I was able to create a workaround by running the damage code first, then doing a sleep for 4 seconds, and then afterwards running all the nuke special effect functions. That way, by the time the nuke special effects play, the damage code has already moved on to different areas (it starts from the center and works its way outwards) and thus won't accidentally delete the mushroom.

Ok, now I see, what a dumb thing I did there. I used bis_fnc_mp to transfer local _core thing (sic!) and whole script could get FUBAR on MP from that point. Made two small changes to the code & I hope it will work - need to test it in MP.

Ok, now I see, what a dumb thing I did there. I used bis_fnc_mp to transfer local _core thing (sic!) and whole script could get FUBAR on MP from that point. Made two small changes to the code & I hope it will work - need to test it in MP.

Nuke.sqf, is it run on the server or the clients?

Uhm, interesting, I'll investigate further then. Did it provoke any issue?

Nope, everything runs as good as always.

And I am really sorry for this, but yesterday I unintentionally misinformed you (I were without my glasses...) - files which was updated have time stamps of creation ranging from 25.02.2015 to 27.02.2015, so they were created in february, not march. But I really don't get why they were downloaded yesterday, since as I said - I run updaters rather frequently and both of RuAF & USF were up to date on my PC. Anyway, just wanted to correct myself and as nothing new was added for me after this strange update, don't bother with it, guys. Oh, and my build numbers are 354.r420 (USF) & 311.r395 (RuAF)

Nuke.sqf, is it run on the server or the clients?

nuke.sqf is launched on machine local to tochka-u, then sfx functions are sent to clients by bis_fnc_mp & damage functions is still executed on machine local to tochka (perhaps, as it sounds more logic, damage should be sent to server by bis_fnc_mp too)

nuke.sqf is launched on machine local to tochka-u, then sfx functions are sent to clients by bis_fnc_mp & damage functions is still executed on machine local to tochka (perhaps, as it sounds more logic, damage should be sent to server by bis_fnc_mp too)

The vehicle is always local to the player who fires the missile, right? The player then executes inside nuke.sqf: [_pos,_yield,_radius] call rhs_fnc_ss21_nuke_fx_damage;

Then inside damage.sqf he'll run into: if (!isServer) exitWith {};

I'm thinking that's probably why the nuke didn't do any damage on the dedicated server.

the M4 only zeros to 100m

the M113 spins as soon as it floats on water, like only 1 side of the engine works.

is the US side still being worked on? some units feel like they are un finished vice versa.

this mod is awesome

the M4 only zeros to 100m

the M113 spins as soon as it floats on water, like only 1 side of the engine works.

is the US side still being worked on? some units feel like they are un finished vice versa.

this mod is awesome

version 0.3.6...yes things are being worked on. Also tracked vehicles can't swim, its an arma thing. If you have specific things you can report them to http://feedback.rhsmods.org

version 0.3.6...yes things are being worked on. Also tracked vehicles can't swim, its an arma thing. If you have specific things you can report them to http://feedback.rhsmods.org

ok thank you, much aprechiated

We noticed The AI on a dedicated server not hearing players approaching or shooting. They would only respond if we are in front of them. The AI skills are set after spawning server side.

Will rhs need to be updated to work propperly after the marksman dlc?