I'm glad you guys are replacing the A2 stuff! So in the next version we'll see new and improved C-130s, Chinooks, Blackhawks, A-10s, Apaches, M113s and Bradleys? (did I miss any vehicle?)

I'm glad you guys are replacing the A2 stuff! So in the next version we'll see new and improved C-130s, Chinooks, Blackhawks, A-10s, Apaches, M113s and Bradleys? (did I miss any vehicle?)

It's not in our plans to revamp all our vehicles.

Our goal for the 0.4 US Forces is to replace all those Arma 2 assets which don't meet our quality standards (for instance M113, M240, M249, etc.) with new versions made from scratch.

But in our opinion most of the RHS US vehicles already meet or surpass Arma 3 standards. Being those which were begun from scratch: Abrams, HMMWV, FMTVs, M109, etc.; or those which were highly modified from Arma 2 like the Bradleys.

I only just noticed BTR mounting now from infantry.Thats awesome to look at guys thanks so much.Is it normal im seeing through the hull of the viehicle though in 1st person when im sitting on it.By aiming weapon that goes away btw

I only just noticed BTR mounting now from infantry.Thats awesome to look at guys thanks so much.Is it normal im seeing through the hull of the viehicle though in 1st person when im sitting on it.By aiming weapon that goes away btw

Could you please report it with screens here: RHS Feedback Tracker

So we can keep track of it and fix it faster :)

The issue was introduced in arma patch 1.40. Will be fixed in 0.3.7.

Thanks guys,il throw a few things iv spotted to the bug feedback tracker today

20d6f10f5aeb.jpg

T-14 MBT based on heavy tracked platform "Armata".

w-GjTmYPMyw.jpg

New IFV based on medium tracked platform "Kurganets".

Well, soon we will know better how they look like. ;)

T-14 is that crazy concept one with the remote control turret and two side mounted guns, isn't it?

T-14 is that crazy concept one with the remote control turret and two side mounted guns, isn't it?

Turret is indeed unmanned and remotely controled, however the real thing have nothing in common with that plastic model that was concept proposal from different design bureau for urban fighting vehicle with 120mm gun-mortar, not main battle tank.

T-14 is based and will be more similiar to it's predecessor Object 195, the difference will be smaller armament, Object 195 used 152mm smoothbore gun 2A83, T-14 will use 125mm smoothbore gun 2A82. That's why T-14 is slightly smaller than Object 195.

And there is nothing crazy in that concept. Unmanned turret can be smaller, lighter, less armored, and more armor can be centered on hull where crew and other vital components are placed. USA, Germany and France had similiar concepts in past, not realized because USSR collapsed and cold war ended.

However USA plans to develop new MBT after 2025 (per official US Army technical modernization strategy document) and Germany with France will develop Leopard 3 MBT. Both new NATO MBT's most likely will have unmanned turrets, crew inside isolated armored capsule in heavy armored hull. However when R&D will start for serious in case of both projects? Nobody knows, besides people who knows and don't talk. ;)

-----------------------------------------

http://www.g8.army.mil/pdf/Army_Equipment_Program2015.pdf

Ok I had a hunch and I just checked official US Army modernization strategy aaand... The ECP modernization program is separate from the real M1A3 program.

M1A3 R&D will start around 2020. My theory that ECP upgrades for M1's are sort of proving ground for new technologies might be true. And M1A3 in the end might be completely new design, tough still considered as part of Abrams tank family of vehicles... ooohhh it's start to be interesting!

Edited by Damian90

T-95 version 2.0 confirmed!

The lower exposed body looks like it's heavily inspired by the T-80UM2. Turret outline looks identical to the T-95, but has a lower profile, most likely due to the smaller caliber gun like you said.

Don't forget about the new self-propelled howitzer 2S35 Coalition-SV.

rFd68VZ.jpg

Russia's modernization programs look promising for the country's armed forces. On top of Armata they still have Ratnik to implement.

I can't wait to see the T14 on Victory Day this year, will be a pretty cool sight.

The lower exposed body looks like it's heavily inspired by the T-80UM2.

I think you mean Object 640 often incorrectly named "Black Eagle" or T-80UM2.

I'm working on making the C130J usable with the igiload Script. So far so good, just needed to change a couple of values and everything is working fine, except one issue. When opening the cargo ramp, the attached cargo objects detach and go free into the cargo space and the sky. Weeeeee

Well, I'm a bit puzzled on why is this happening, as for example mohawk chopper also has a cargo ramp and this is not happening. Assume that something that is engine related and how the RHS C130J is built.

I would ask for something like an explanation on where to look at so I can fix this script side, or maybe something RHS devs would be willing to fix/change.

Thanks in advance!

(I could provide a test mission if neccesary)

Hello all,

it's me, "RHS Historical Members" (as noted in credits) :)

Nice to see that RHS are still making new standarts, pushing, so i gues damian fills the spot well.

Scrolled few pages back and i see that metal is back and kicking too.

How is kenji? still masterfully tinkering T-80s in o2?

And how's gurdy and BMD pack doing? Did he moved to rakushkas yet (i still remember the very limited resources about it)?

I'm happy that we guesed it right, back then, chose BMD-4Ms. Seeing kurganets... and to think they wanted to make them for VDV use... well, we knew better ;)

And as for me, i'm still booting aa2 from time to time, replaying cwr, fighting the soviets (it fits my feelings about nowaday happenings, soul, your wife should know what i mean.)

And i'm still refusing steam >.<

And to the new commers,

you wouldn't beleave how many gigs of info these guys 'eat' before starting to model single vehicle, weapon, gear...

operational manuals, books, magazines, articles, schemes for BMP pack was ~2gigs and that's just from my side... T-80s - that's the legendary pack, since it was started back in OFP days, i think i sent stuff 3 times, someone had to feed kenji ;)

Edited by Gedis

To clarify. The SOCOM Faction & the USMC FR won't appear in the editor, BUT nothing is removed, just "hidden", you will still be able to use them in the missions you already made (and add them by classname).

Just that they won't be an official part of the mod nor supported up to the 0.4 release, after it, we'll see ;)

Yes it is indeed sad that the MARSOC units and such are going to be hidden and not progressing for now and many mod users do respect this decison, but as many would and have requested, as long as the mk18 and m4a1 block II's and the m81 FROG sets are not removed, but still available in the virtual arsenal, that would be great. It would mean the best of both worlds for us, users of this wonderful mod and you mod devs, for keeping to your schedule and mod planning/making. I just do hope this would be the scenario as I would believe plenty of people do use the new Virtual Arsenal in their missions, and I am just one of the many people.

Russia's modernization programs look promising for the country's armed forces. On top of Armata they still have Ratnik to implement.

I can't wait to see the T14 on Victory Day this year, will be a pretty cool sight.

from otvaga forums:

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/webarkadiy/52154141/68230/68230_original.png (656 kB)

T-14 vs. T-72 Ural:

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/webarkadiy/52154141/68588/68588_original.png (620 kB)

you can see it is limited in mobility, due to frontal section,

also bigger,

but all 3 crew members sit just in front of the turret in main hull's capsule (commander, which you can see turned out in photo, sits on the right, gunner - on the left of the hull (paralel to commander) and driver - in the middle, slightly in front of both commander and gunner,

new gun,

some of suspension parts are reused from T-72s/90s.

they need to mount side skirts to see the overall view.

gedis-san think size comparison bit off as t-80 road wheel are smaller than t-72 but it scale to same size in image

Hey guys, just read the infographic. I noticed that it was said that 'No BDU's' would be included. What does that specifically mean? Does that mean just the M81 woodland stuff, or are we talking no MCCUU's for the Marines and no ACU Jackets for the Army? That would make me really sad, I've always thought US soldiers looked better in their jackets compared to shirts. If it's just the M81 sf uniform that's being removed that's fine with me.

Secondly, I was wondering if any changes would be made to the gloves.

For the Marines, maybe a tan/brown version, instead of the black and white? (the B&W kinda stick out compared to the Marine's camo)

http://i.imgur.com/sBeIK0c.jpg (204 kB)

To something like Insurgency's maybe?

http://vnfa8y5n3zndutm1.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/gallery/insurgency-alpha-impressions/insurgency-2013-07-24-10-36-24-772.jpg (1369 kB)

And also, there seems to be a lot of 'jaggyness' on the gloves which as a mainly first person player is a tad unpleasant to see.

http://i.imgur.com/rUlUpvJ.jpg (115 kB)

I hope I didn't come off as ungrateful, this is literally the mod that made me happy to have bought ArmA 3 and start playing it again after going back to Arma 2. Thanks for that.

Hey guys, just read the infographic. I noticed that it was said that 'No BDU's' would be included. What does that specifically mean?

Let's check Wikipedia:

The Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) are fatigues that were used by the United States Armed Forces as their standard uniform for combat situations from the early 1980s to the mid-2000s.

- - -

Secondly, I was wondering if any changes would be made to the gloves.

New gloves are being made.

Sorry about the question about the BDU, I did check the wikipedia, but honestly I've heard it used interchangably with the current style of jackets, like I've heard Marine desert BDU referred to the MCCUU etc... Thanks for clearing that up. Also good to know about the gloves.

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

Damn, my lust for 1980s Cold War units will never be quelled it seems... Hopefully Delta Hawk finds time at some point this year to start porting the US Military Mod.

Anyway, glad you guys are straying away from SF. Regular forces are far more pertinent.

Oh yeah, TOW HMMWV plox. ;)

There's Sudden's East vs West that I used to use. Although unfortunately I remember he said that he would leave the mod at 0.99 for sometime. Units are all wearing proper uniforms and vehicles are Arma 2 ports, not bad, although not RHS standard. If you use it in missions I would suggest changing out both the OPFOR and BLUFOR guns to something from Robert Hammer's/HLC because they are really low quality with just standard A3 sounds. Hopefully Delta Hawk does port his mod though. Also I like your signature, made me chuckle!

Edited by 5harp5hot

I want to know one thing,

In 4.0 Marsoc units will be remove from Zeus & Editor, what will happen if we are using Marsoc group units to spawn players, will it give us error " units are missing" or we still use marsoc to spawn players..

If yes, we have to replace the units with US Army for spawning..

I hope it make sense...

I want to know one thing,

In 4.0 Marsoc units will be remove from Zeus & Editor, what will happen if we are using Marsoc group units to spawn players, will it give us error " units are missing" or we still use marsoc to spawn players..

If yes, we have to replace the units with US Army for spawning..

I hope it make sense...

To clarify. The SOCOM Faction & the USMC FR won't appear in the editor, BUT nothing is removed, just "hidden", you will still be able to use them in the missions you already made (and add them by classname).

Just that they won't be an official part of the mod nor supported up to the 0.4 release, after it, we'll see ;)

La, lal, la ( I had to write something )