when you add T-90, T-90MS and Mi-28? :(

T-90 is elite tank Russian army.

Rule #1 do not ask when, rule #2 when ready.

And advise from someone who knows better, no T-90 is not elite tank of the Russian Army, there is no such things as elite tanks.

Yea I thought the T90 was deemed a failure ?

Didn't the Indian Army report multiple problems ranging from 60C interior temperatures, all the way to Fire control system problems ?

Was this not why the t90 was relegated to being only an export model.

T-90 is not a failure, but Russian Army do not purchase more, simply because it is too expensive, and it's combat worthiness do not justify it's prize in Russian MoD eyes.

Russian Army fields only two variants of T-90, the basic T-90 and improved T-90A with new turret made from welded rolled plates that replaced older cast turret design, there were no more than 400 of them manufactured. Instead Russian Army is currently upgrading a lot of T-72B's of various modifications to newest T-72B3, it is not the best upgrade, but is affordable for Russian MoD.

As for Indian Army, take a note that these hole Indian Army trails of T-90S (export variant) and Arjun Mk1 are fishy, and were most likely manipulated, and as far as I know, all problems with T-90S were solved long, long time ago.

Also there are no plans made by Russian MoD to purchase T-90SM, or rather T-90AM as this tank in version for Russian Armed Forces would probably be codenamed. This version currently is purely for export, and as far as I know, Indian Army ordered around 300 to be builded in India (yes Indian Army preffers T-90S/SM over that piece of crap called Arjun Mk1/Mk2).

Also do not expect T-90 to have some super protection levels. Per our own research:

Basic T-90 have exactly the same protection as T-72B obr.1989/T-72B3, in fact basic T-90 is just T-72B on steroids, nothing more, nothing less, and by our own research (I mean RHS team, mainly my own and Olds), it's protection is not really impressive.

T-90A is slightly better in that regard, especially on turret, in case of hull, due to hull dimensions, upgrade there is somewhat limited, consider this is a fact for all T tanks with such frontal hull shape.

T-90AM/SM might be more problematic, it uses new ERA, and also probably new composite armor for turret and hull front, side protection is also improved thanks to longer ERA skirts for hull, and ERA modules for turret sides.

Edited by Damian90

Ic at the end of the day it all comes down to cost.

I find it kinda insane that the t90 was deemed too expensive when it is considerably cheaper than most other mbt like the Abrams.

I find it kinda insane that the t90 was deemed too expensive when it is considerably cheaper than most other mbt like the Abrams.

Who says it is cheaper in reality? Or that it is simpler or more reliable. These are typical myths.

T-90 is stuffed with electronics, like TShU-1-7 "Shtora-1" active protection system and also real FCS 1A45T "Irtysh", this is not something that comes cheap, also it is very complex machine from mechanical point of view with it's autoloader, more complex than most so called western tanks, like M1 or Leo2. It is also less reliable, because for example V series of diesel engines are reliable only up to around 840HP, if you increase their power, their reliability goes down significantly, there were avaiable photos showing T-90A with is 1000+ HP V-92 that probably started to burn and lot of black smoke get out of exhaust collector.

And also when it comes to costs, cost of vehicle is one thing, cost of the whole contract is another, and these costs are not fixed, and if necessary can be lowered in artificial way or by other means.

Edited by Damian90

The new SOPMOD Block II carbines are amazing... however both barrels are too long. The M4A1 is almost a civilian style 16" barrel instead of a 14.5" and the MK18 is ~11" instead of 10.3"...

All models are based on real things photos, so I doubt there is anything wrong with them.

Note also that in different units, different weapons might have also different barrels mounted. There is no single gold standard there. And believe me, whe have huge problems with that kind of stuff, because of variety of equipment and weapon systems variants, it is just immposible to include all variations in to mod.

All models are based on real things photos, so I doubt there is anything wrong with them.

Note also that in different units, different weapons might have also different barrels mounted. There is no single gold standard there. And believe me, whe have huge problems with that kind of stuff, because of variety of equipment and weapon systems variants, it is just immposible to include all variations in to mod.

I understand. But I can assure you that almost all SOPMOD Block II carbines have either 14.5" or 10.3" MK18 Colt barrels (none of the actual barrel sticks out, only the FH/thread)... civilian 16" barrels are virtually non existent in SOCOM M4s.

Some reference pics:

http://cs618531.vk.me/v618531163/13897/FoiqaKfcOaw.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/world_armies/12351926345/in/set-72157640499147416

RHS: http://i.imgur.com/WArAAXC.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46381179@N04/14726563977/ (the tiny part sticking out is already the FH)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/world_armies/12825957065/in/set-72157640499147416

RHS: http://i.imgur.com/rUpjeJD.jpg

We will see, but I doubt we will change this ASAP, there are more important things and this is not a game breaker.

How can I open doors on the Blackhawks ? What are the proper left and right door handles for

this animateDoor ["name_of_door", 1];

?

I understand. But I can assure you that almost all SOPMOD Block II carbines have either 14.5" or 10.3" MK18 Colt barrels (none of the actual barrel sticks out, only the FH/thread)... civilian 16" barrels are virtually non existent in SOCOM M4s.

So you brought a ruler ingame to measure it. Interesting...

May I aks for update of this part of documentation: http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/MSV thanks for great mod!

We are hoping to eventually add an automatized system to create those unit listings. You have to understand that add them one by one, would take days. We have different sub-factions inside the numerous factions.

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

How can I open doors on the Blackhawks ? What are the proper left and right door handles for
this animateDoor ["name_of_door", 1];

?

For the right door ( 1 to open, 0 to close ).

this animateDoor ['doorRB', 1];this animate ['doorHandler_R',1]

For the left door ( 1 to open, 0 to close ).

this animateDoor ['doorLB', 1];this animate ['doorHandler_L',1]

I added it in the documentation too :)

Edited by MistyRonin

Yea I thought the T90 was deemed a failure ?

Didn't the Indian Army report multiple problems ranging from 60C interior temperatures, all the way to Fire control system problems ?

Was this not why the t90 was relegated to being only an export model.

It's not really a failure, and it's still in use by Russia in fairly large numbers (by other countries standards) but it was deemed not worth it to build anymore due to the price and the upcoming Armata system, and so T-72B3/2's are being made instead

It's not really a failure, and it's still in use by Russia in fairly large numbers (by other countries standards) but it was deemed not worth it to build anymore due to the price and the upcoming Armata system, and so T-72B3/2's are being made instead

T-72B2's are not manufactured, they are also too expensive, more so even than T-90A's.

So you brought a ruler ingame to measure it. Interesting...

It's a fair report. A huge reason why we all really enjoy the work of RHS is because of the exacting detail you guys put in it. I've noticed the barrels, as well, and they're longer than an issued weapon. If you guys don't want to change them, so be it, I'll certainly keep using the addon. But historically, RHS has appreciated factual corrections in the spirit of accuracy. I think that's all coffeshock was getting at.

average barrel lengths are 10.3, 12.5 and 14.5 inches for the Mk18

Well, Mk18 has only 10,3" to be precise since it's a NSW designation for M4A1 CQBR. Haven't heard of issued 12,5", and obviously M4s have 14,5.

my apologies, I was mistaken, the Mk18 does indeed have only the 10.3" barrel.

Available Block II upper reciever groups are 10.3" 12.25" and 14.5" I'm not sure on whether the 12.25" URG is actually fielded.

nevertheless, the problem is an aesthetic problem and will be looked into when there's time I'm sure.

average barrel lengths are 10.3, 12.5 and 14.5 inches for the Mk18

No 12.5"s. There are only 2 different rails and 2 different barrels. There used to be a DD RIS II (GL/SSC) designed for 12.5" barrels, but it was never mass produced because SOCOM doesn't need them.

Don't know if this has been said before but are there any plans to add shooting small arms from the top turrets on the Humvee?

The new SOPMOD Block II carbines are amazing... however both barrels are too long. The M4A1 is almost a civilian style 16" barrel instead of a 14.5" and the MK18 is ~11" instead of 10.3"...

What if the barrels are the correct length and it's the RIS handguards that are too short? :butbut: