So with the 10th Mountain, 82nd, and 101st are you going to move them into their own categories with helicopters, tanks, vehicles, infantry roles, and squads?

Hell no. Do you realize how huge the addon will get if they do something like that?

Although apparently the unit insignia system for the patches is implemented I can't find the classnames (not under cfgUnitInsignia or in the arsenal) you can modify this to match the appropriate uniform.

_unit=_this select 0;

_UniformItems=[];

_UniformMagazinesTypesArray=(getMagazineCargo UniformContainer _unit) select 0;

_UniformMagazinesQuantitiesArray=(getMagazineCargo UniformContainer _unit) select 1;

for "_i" from 0 to count _UniformMagazinesTypesArray-1 do

{

_MagazineType=_UniformMagazinesTypesArray select _i;

_MagazineQuantity=_UniformMagazinesQuantitiesArray select _i;

_MagazineArray=[_MagazineType,_MagazineQuantity];

_UniformItems set [count _UniformItems,_MagazineArray];

};

removeUniform _unit;

_unit addUniform "rhs_uniform_cu_ocp_82nd";

//Possible options are "rhs_uniform_cu_ocp" (1st Cav), "rhs_uniform_cu_ocp_101st", "rhs_uniform_cu_ocp_10th", "rhs_uniform_cu_ocp_patchless" (and obviously the UCP versions).

{for '_i' from 1 to (_x select 1) do {_unit addItemToUniform (_x select 0)};} forEach _UniformItems;

(Probably a better way, this is what I've got left lying around from a more general script for getting a load out).

Hell no. Do you realize how huge the addon will get if they do something like that?

Not that big, its simply a config change, some bits of code and its done you don't need to make anything new really ad they're all US army and will be using mostly the same stuff which looks mostly the same maybe some texture differences.

Not that big, its simply a config change, some bits of code and its done you don't need to make anything new really ad they're all US army and will be using mostly the same stuff which looks mostly the same maybe some texture differences.

Messy in the editor though, either you have

You'd either end up with

NATO

FIA

101st-Men Woodland/-Men Desert etc.

82nd

10th

1st Cav

Marines-Wood

Marines-Desert

USAF

USN

or

US Army Woodland-Men 82nd/Men 101st/Men 10th

US Army Desert-Men 82nd/Men 101st/Men 10th

etc...

EDIT: Or actually, the way it's been set up on the Russian side works quite well

Branch (e.g. VDV)-->Infantry (Flora)\Infantry (EMR)\Helicopter etc...

Either way it's not great. I prefer the second one (they've done it mostly like that

Edited by Jona33

I found major inconsistencies with your designations on http://www.rhsmods.org/updater and http://doc.rhsmods.org/ : One time it's USF, another time it's USAF. Could you find a cohesive designation? Especially since every other host had the modfolders designated differently: @rhs_usaf, @rhs usaf, @rhsusaf and so on. Which one is the "regular one"?

And why should it be the abbreviatition for the University of South Florida?

Edited by Belbo

Eager to try those PiP scopes and updated via auto-updater to 3.6 but dont see them in any of the virtual ammo crates nor standard. this addPrimaryWeaponItem "rhsusf_acc_ELCAN_PIP"; didn't work either :(

EDIT: Snap! Just realised I have both a Beta folder and a standard folder for each faction -was wondering why they came up twice in launcher :p Oi

2x Edit: Wow thank you guys. You just brought a huge shit eatin grin to this grizzled old gamers face :)

Edited by froggyluv

I can't wait for the PiP optics to be improved, when I look down them I get a bit of a fisheye effect. Makes them hard to use, but I love that they work with NV.

I am really feeling the PIP scopes especially the rhsusf_acc_ACOG_PIP. I can only wish the clarity will improve in future releases.

It must use some kind of Create Camera effect? It cuts cutscences short it seems if you zoom in just as cutscene is about to start.

Also does not seem to play well with TPW HUD. Did not test with any other HUD type mods.

Edited by sttosin

For anyone who is having trouble updating their RHS addons *using the updaters* I will break it down for you step by step as i just figured it out.

Step 1.) Go to the Red Hammer Studios updater page @ http://www.rhsmods.org/updater about halfway down you will see two links under the heading ''Setting up the updater" click both of these links. each one downloads a different set of .dll and a batch file and an .exe. One for each faction.

Step 2.) Take the downloaded files and drop them into your @RHUSF & @RHAFRF folders respectively. After this step you should have all of the updater files inside the modfolders along with the folders 'addons' & 'keys'

Step 3.) Navigate to your windows Run command box. Once you have that open inside of it copy and paste the path to the .bat to whichever faction addon pack you wish to update first. (ie: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@RHSUSF"

Step 4.) Press the 'Ok' button to Run the program and like magic, the files that need to be updated will begin to update!!!!

After the first one finishes repeat steps 3-4 to update the other factions files to current.

Thank You to Red Hammer Studios and each artist that has put in so much hard work to bring us this ultra-realistic content that truly makes our Arma 3 adventures so much more enjoyable!!!

hello RHS Developer Team,

I have a question, do you allow to release my little ALiVE compatibility mod in a separate thread and to public

so that it not get always lost in this current thread?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184842-RHS-Escalation-%28AFRF-and-USAF%29-Release-0-3-6-%28UPDATED%29&p=2889877#post2889877

regards maquez [Q-Net]

Mraps are really slow when ai drive them and going up a hill will take an hour. But loving this new update. I have been working on mission using this mod for a long time now. Its a whole dynamic SP mission with lots of things to do. It will take hours to complete.

I think that you guys need to go big of go home with your helicopters, I present to you the MI-26 and the CH-53K King Stallion!

300px-Russian_Air_Force_Mi-26_Beltyukov.jpg

300px-CH-53K_Rollout.JPG

Would love to see a CH-53 too :) anyway the work the RHS Team has done so far is already absolutely imperessing

Those things are cute but... if you wanna go big, go properly big.

0197393.jpg

tyjetyjtyjrftgr.jpg

Edited by CyclonicTuna

I found major inconsistencies with your designations on http://www.rhsmods.org/updater and http://doc.rhsmods.org/ : One time it's USF, another time it's USAF. Could you find a cohesive designation? Especially since every other host had the modfolders designated differently: @rhs_usaf, @rhs usaf, @rhsusaf and so on. Which one is the "regular one"?

And why should it be the abbreviatition for the University of South Florida?

You can folder banana if you want it does not matter

Jesus f*cking Christ. What the hell is that thing? :laugh:

Soviet built Mil V-12. Or in plain English, the largest VTOL rotarty aircraft ever to have flown. They actually had plans for an even bigger one with 4 rotors, but it was never realized. The idea was that this could transport heavy equipment such as tanks and artillery to the frontline without the need of a large landing strip.

hello RHS Developer Team,

I have a question, do you allow to release my little ALiVE compatibility mod in a separate thread and to public

so that it not get always lost in this current thread?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184842-RHS-Escalation-%28AFRF-and-USAF%29-Release-0-3-6-%28UPDATED%29&p=2889877#post2889877

regards maquez [Q-Net]

as long as is not a repack of any RHS content, of course.

The russians sure know how to make ugly aircraft thats for sure :p

thank you :D

it's only configuration no repack

The russians sure know how to make ugly aircraft thats for sure :p

Honestly I think the Russians have a far better approach to building military aircraft than most NATO nations. They built shit to LAST. Their migs are like flying tanks. I don't know if you've ever seen a Russian airbase. But most NATO officers would probably not even come near it with their aircraft. Debris everywhere, overgrown runways, flooded areas etc. Now you might think that is stupid but the thing is. If you want operational F-16 or F-15's somewhere you need a spotless runway. But in a real war scenario that might be very difficult if not impossible.

In other words NATO aircraft are mostly designed as swiss watches, very intricate and very complicated and difficult to maintain. Yes they are very sexy, but Russian aircraft are built for war, and war time scenario's. So they might be ugly, but they're also very relyable and robust.

Honestly I think the Russians have a far better approach to building military aircraft than most NATO nations. They built shit to LAST. Their migs are like flying tanks. I don't know if you've ever seen a Russian airbase. But most NATO officers would probably not even come near it with their aircraft. Debris everywhere, overgrown runways, flooded areas etc. Now you might think that is stupid but the thing is. If you want operational F-16 or F-15's somewhere you need a spotless runway. But in a real war scenario that might be very difficult if not impossible.

In other words NATO aircraft are mostly designed as swiss watches, very intricate and very complicated and difficult to maintain. Yes they are very sexy, but Russian aircraft are built for war, and war time scenario's. So they might be ugly, but they're also very relyable and robust.

I can completely agree with you. I remember shadowing some dudes who work on the Aggressors here and them being like "Yeah we basically have to do alllll this just to keep it from not crashing". It's odd the differences in the mechanical philosophies of two "rival" nations.

But I digress, not the point of the topic. Love 0.3.6, guys!