Nice 3D optics. Here's how I think you can improve the concept:

Reticle seem to be rendered in the PIP. Maybe it's possible to render the reticle on it's own texture in front of the PIP texture? That would probably make for a much cleaner and sharper reticle.

The PIP texture needs to be moved forward, in front of the optics, like the reticle on the holographic sights. This will better simulate eye relief. Right now, with the PIP texture inside the optics housing, you can watch it from an angle and it looks unrealistic. To actually see through a real sight, your eye need to be somewhat directly behind it, at an shallow angle.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

I see the western weapons don't have that silly recoil advantage over their eastern counterparts anymore. Nice work.

By all means do some experiments with your suggestions and send us better code/models so we can take a look if it does indeed improve the experience within the limitations of the engine :)

I'm so impressed by what you guys have done.. I cant even think of anything else off the top of my head that you guys could add. Well i mean a few things but really you guys have brought so much content its ridiculous! Loving this mod more and more guys! Keep it up!

I'm so impressed by what you guys have done.. I cant even think of anything else off the top of my head that you guys could add. Well i mean a few things but really you guys have brought so much content its ridiculous! Loving this mod more and more guys! Keep it up!

Glad it finally arrived :D

Glad it finally arrived :D

Haha yeah :P. I was able to download it faster by connecting to the FTP with an FTP program copying the files into the directory. Then after I got them copied I ran the updater just to make sure I wasn't missing anything and all was good. :P

RHS ALiVE Insurgents

made an update to my little addon

added additional groups

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gWUNu0kwK1MDRNeFlCN2pMTm8/view?usp=sharing

enables the full use of the Insurgents Faction in ALiVE

without this addon ALiVE will spawn only infantry and no vehicles

you need RHS Escalation for this addon!

ps: towards RHS Developers feel free to add this code in a future patch (added now all possible groups)

Edited by maquez

I see that the russian part of RHS is on PWS, but the US forces are currently not, will they be uploaded soon? The reason I ask is because my community has a session tonight and large last minute updates can cause problems.

Where is new raven? Can't seem to find backpack...

Are you planning to do additional vests to USMC, current ones look kinda naked, no additinal pockets on them , nothing, just pure platecarrier.

I not understand why reason have M150 RCO and AN/PVQ-31A RCO, is the same optic in-game with same 3D and textures. Do you plane erase one of this, or what is the real reason? Thanks

I not understand why reason have M150 RCO and AN/PVQ-31A RCO, is the same optic in-game with same 3D and textures. Do you plane erase one of this, or what is the real reason? Thanks

AN/PVQ-31A RCO is the US Marines designation for the sight. IRL the reticle is calibrated for the M16A4's ballistics where the Army's M150 RCO is calibrated for the shorter barrel of the M4 carbine.

Not sure whether they are calibrated differently in the mod (haven't checked) or whether it's just to reflect the different desigations.

Are you planning to do additional vests to USMC, current ones look kinda naked, no additinal pockets on them , nothing, just pure platecarrier.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184842-RHS-Escalation-(AFRF-and-USAF)-Release-0-3-5-(UPDATED)&p=2888081&viewfull=1#post2888081

ModDB mirrors

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rhs-armed-forces-of-the-russian-federation-a3/downloads

Mega mirrors

https://mega.co.nz/#!koFU0BrT!iJ8PoX0sEFhunGhqgG3x9AsQUDOcExybi_Q6Ys-FSWg

https://mega.co.nz/#!5l0wmLAD!Kp409ZprCjfQe7OCowK77ZUHYn0cN5JWDenotmsTTUI

@ kgino1045 - known issue. you can restart pip window when going optic mode back to 1st person view

Nice 3D optics. Here's how I think you can improve the concept:

Reticle seem to be rendered in the PIP. Maybe it's possible to render the reticle on it's own texture in front of the PIP texture? That would probably make for a much cleaner and sharper reticle.

The PIP texture needs to be moved forward, in front of the optics, like the reticle on the holographic sights. This will better simulate eye relief. Right now, with the PIP texture inside the optics housing, you can watch it from an angle and it looks unrealistic. To actually see through a real sight, your eye need to be somewhat directly behind it, at an shallow angle.

problem lays with DOF, reducing it 0 & increasing sharpen filter should help making it more sharp. also the idea you proposed is not going to work as:

a) PIP windows has 512x512px resolution (wish, I could set 1024x1024 - would be so much better) while ACOG reticle texture has 2k. effect would be much more blurred view

b) DOF blurs PIP window too. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22101 vote it up so maybe we will have something more decent :)

speaking of PIP window placement, I had idea to turn off PIP while not in "gunner" view. It could save some potential FPS + it would solve eye relief issue

*kindly delete this post! I made an accident from posting, I meant to post a reply with qoute*

Edited by Blackwater13

problem lays with DOF, reducing it 0 & increasing sharpen filter should help making it more sharp. also the idea you proposed is not going to work as:

a) PIP windows has 512x512px resolution (wish, I could set 1024x1024 - would be so much better) while ACOG reticle texture has 2k. effect would be much more blurred view

b) DOF blurs PIP window too. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22101 vote it up so maybe we will have something more decent :)

speaking of PIP window placement, I had idea to turn off PIP while not in "gunner" view. It could save some potential FPS + it would solve eye relief issue

That's a shame about the DOF, but thanks for bringing it up so I could vote for it :)

Guys we need your help. If you dont want the next Arma 3 update to break our FFVs, especially riding on BTRs then please vote this up: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22881

It is imperative that this issue is resolved.

Can't proxy the interior geometry to undercut the vertex limit?

I know a lot of the BIS vehicles in Arma 3 rely on using proxies for a bunch of the internal geometry, and it's mostly only the animated parts like gun mounts that are actually modelled in the viewCargo LODs e.g the Ghosthawk has \a3\air_f_beta\heli_transport_01\interior_view_cargo_f.p3d as a proxy to furnish the inside of the viewCargo LOD

found raven...

Problems:

BEEP BEEP BEEP in any arsenal window when raven is landed and beeper was not reset.

"Loading...." in all raven info windows (battery / info / etc).

Otherwise, great update and this mod is truly masterpiece.

AN/PVQ-31A RCO is the US Marines designation for the sight. IRL the reticle is calibrated for the M16A4's ballistics where the Army's M150 RCO is calibrated for the shorter barrel of the M4 carbine.

Not sure whether they are calibrated differently in the mod (haven't checked) or whether it's just to reflect the different desigations.

While I understand for realism purposes this is great.. But if they are not calibrated differently then I really see no point. Just fills up arsenal with more stuff that technically is no point in having because its the same model and functionality as the ones that were originally there.

Version 0.3.6 Released!

Tonight we are pleased to announce the release of 0.3.6! Head over to http://www.rhsmods.org/updater if you still were not using the updater. If you were following the beta before, just run the updaters! Want to quickly check what has changed while you download? Check out the changelogs:

ftp://ftp.rhsmods.org/beta/rhsusaf/CHANGELOG.txt and ftp://ftp.rhsmods.org/beta/rhsafrf/CHANGELOG.txt

Enjoy!

RHS Team

I cant seem to test the new update, i downloaded the updater and did a fresh installation, but it seems im still running 0.3.5? Any advice? I have also checked on the current build in the addons folder and it is still 354.r420 for the US and 311.r395 for the Russians.

If someone will experience problems with server signatures, it's problem with the version of RHS that is on PWS. They have some corrupted files (rhs_c_cti_indep.pbo, rhs_c_radio.pbo and rhs_s_radio.pbo). I've already informed them, hope they fix it ;)

EDIT: Never mind, seems to be already sorted. / or not I'm confused

Edited by EvroMalarkey

I cant seem to test the new update, i downloaded the updater and did a fresh installation, but it seems im still running 0.3.5? Any advice? I have also checked on the current build in the addons folder and it is still 354.r420 for the US and 311.r395 for the Russians.

these are the right build file numbers. Why do you think you are still running 0.3.5?

these are the right build file numbers. Why do you think you are still running 0.3.5?

That is really weird though, I dont have the updated stuff for some reason. I was using vitual arsenal and all it had was what was in 0.3.5, such as no USMC stuff and such for example