On the RHS Inventory Icon stream.. I saw in your faction list.. US Army.. USMC... US Air Force.. Then I saw USN and SOCOM :O.. COULD THIS MEAN WHAT I THINK IT MEANS!? :O

Also are their planned variations of the SPC vest? with Pouches and the likes?

It means the config has gotten a little excited, some of that stuff is a way off yet.

RE: pouches etc. for the SPC yes of course, there just not done yet :)

If you think that it means Navy corpsmen to heal Marines and MARSOC, then yeah :P

I'm thinking something along the line of SEALs, or Special Boat Teams, EOD Techs.. However I wouldn't mind Navy corpsmen healing Marines :P. You guys have so much ahead of you. I'm excited for what the future holds.. For now the wait for Beta 2 haha.. I noticed in the stream the FROG uniforms were textured.. Is it possible to get screenshots of them? The stream wasn't to great on quality and couldn't really soak in its full beauty lol.

I'm thinking something along the line of SEALs, or Special Boat Teams, EOD Techs...

Uhm... I'm afraid not yet... ( and probably they are gonna take a good amount of time if we ever do them ).

Uhm... I'm afraid not yet... ( and probably they are gonna take a good amount of time if we ever do them ).

With time comes greatness :)

With time comes greatness :)

and back pains ;)

i've got a question, I don't know if it has been addressed, or if it is written somewhere, but I need help.

I'm curious as to the armor values of the body armor, both the american, and the russian. When in the Virtual Arsenal System, the description, and stats, state there is no armor value, on the helmet or vests. Is this true? Or is it that the values just aren't showing up? I'm quite curious on this subject, and would like to know. Thanks guys, and great mod,keep up the amazing work.

i've got a question, I don't know if it has been addressed, or if it is written somewhere, but I need help.

I'm curious as to the armor values of the body armor, both the american, and the russian. When in the Virtual Arsenal System, the description, and stats, state there is no armor value, on the helmet or vests. Is this true? Or is it that the values just aren't showing up? I'm quite curious on this subject, and would like to know. Thanks guys, and great mod,keep up the amazing work.

The values aren't showing up. The armor is there.

I hope you guys release the next beta today! cant wait.

Soonâ„¢... One can only hope!

I was testing RPG and disposable Russian launchers last night on the BMP 3 & Abrams. I noticed the vehicles were destroyed very easily with one or two rounds.

Is this correct or should I be using Real Armour or something like that with RHS?

The BMPs 100mm rounds have no effect at all. Even 8 of them.

Edited by markh7991

Modern RPG-7's are pretty deadly, especially the 105mm VR, and of course where you hit plays a big factor.

The BMP-3 fires HE rounds, meant for infantry and light cover. Anti armor capability is provided by barrel launched 9M117 Bastion ATGMs.

Yeah I know but the standard RPG round shouldn't one shot an Abrams. The reference to the BMP 100mm is a comparison as it's less deadly than the RPG by a lng way.

For clarity:

Front armour Abrams: RShG: Kill

Same: RPG normal round: 2 rounds kill.

Same: RPG AP: Kill

T80U front: RPG normal round: kill

All the one shots were cook off then boom.

Massi's Strela takes 2 rounds to kill an Abrams front on.

Edited by markh7991

We don't use that many mods really. Most of them are mission creation or AI behaviour based.

A video would only confirm what I've just said. I'll check with just RHS later.

I take it this is not the way it's intended by your suggestion?

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

I think I know what it is. I recently added the Might Gau mod for the A10 and noticed it it altered another mod. Ill check later.

just fired 10 rpg in front hull & few in turret (not gun mantlet) of m1 and it was fine so I guess either something is wrong on your end or you hitting weakpoint.

Ok, thanks. The only thing I've changed which affects weapons is MightyGau. I'll check and let you know.

just fired 10 rpg in front hull & few in turret (not gun mantlet) of m1 and it was fine so I guess either something is wrong on your end or you hitting weakpoint.

Should it be "fine" after 10 hits? :D

Yes, M1's front turret and lower front hull "beak" are preaty much immune to any kind of anti tank ammo.

Here you have drawing based on my calculations used by Reyhard. It shows armor protection of different armor surfaces and at different perspectives.

M1_A1_M1_A2_Armor_Protection_1.jpg

Edited by Damian90

Yeah I know but the standard RPG round shouldn't one shot an Abrams. The reference to the BMP 100mm is a comparison as it's less deadly than the RPG by a lng way.

For clarity:

Front armour Abrams: RShG: Kill

Same: RPG normal round: 2 rounds kill.

Same: RPG AP: Kill

T80U front: RPG normal round: kill

All the one shots were cook off then boom.

Massi's Strela takes 2 rounds to kill an Abrams front on.

Stable 0.3.5. or latest beta? And what is cook off? Are you using agm? Cause cook off is agm feature afaik

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=198

Maybe it was already fixed. I guess the problem was in wrong parameters in rhs penetrators in some ammo? Correct me if i'm wrong

The tanks bursts into flames first then Boom!

I'm using the Beta and the latest AGM. I didn't notice this effect before but we've only been engaging armour with helicopters lately. That was my first real test as I'm considering TvT stuff using RHS and we're about to go into an infantry only mission so I wanted to make sure we had good anti armour (lol)

The vanilla Mi-48 AGM were one shot to kill M1's also right enough. Same effect, burn then boom.

Maybe it was already fixed. I guess the problem was in wrong parameters in rhs penetrators in some ammo? Correct me if i'm wrong

Yes, there were some problems, allready fixed. I tested Abrams yesterday, and even had problems with destroying M1A2SEPv1 using M829A3 firing from point blank range in to lower front hull, but could destroy it firing in to upper glacis which have weaker protection.

Really? Wow thats incredibly impressive.

Yes, there are reported even hits in to front hull or turret armor from iraq, where tank was hit with RPG-29V and it didn't done any damage to the tank.

Also there were reports of hits in to the tanks side armor, hull or turret, in one case there was one KIA, loader that was directly on shaped charge jet path when projectile hit turret side, and was killed by it, in the second tank was hit in to the hull side, only some minor WIA's inside.

In both cases tanks were only slightly damaged, nothing really serious.

And we would want to implement that feature of M1 like safe ammo storage, so tank even if seriously hit, won't blow up like T tanks do, but mostly will be seriously damaged and disabled.

The tanks bursts into flames first then Boom!

I'm using the Beta and the latest AGM. I didn't notice this effect before but we've only been engaging armour with helicopters lately. That was my first real test as I'm considering TvT stuff using RHS and we're about to go into an infantry only mission so I wanted to make sure we had good anti armour (lol)

The vanilla Mi-48 AGM were one shot to kill M1's also right enough. Same effect, burn then boom.

This should not happen, it's probably that AGM cook off effect that triggers vehicle going boom. And vanilla stuff is not compatible with RHS as it is based on hitpoints damage system, not our realistic armor system, try to use RAM to achieve greater compatibility.

I can eventually post a list of protection values of diferent tanks we currently have in game, so you will know what their armor protection is. Note! Such list will include only protection of their basic armor, without additional ERA if such is added to a tank. Tough I am certain only about American tanks as I worked on them exclusively, Olds helped with some T tanks, and values might be slightly different than these on my list.

Olds is also reworking penetration values for APFSDS ammo fired from tank guns, to a more realistic ones.

Edited by Damian90