I'd wait for the 0.3.6. It's gonna be released soon.

k, thanks, will do so then

By the way for those who might be interested. STarting with Beta 2, United States Armed Forces can be run independently of AFRF :D

You sir.. Are a tease.. :P

Also do you guys plan to have your insurgent faction working with ALiVE? Currently it does not. :(

Edited by P0LARIS

I'd like to shed some light on the versioning system that we will move to during this release:

The release versioning needs to be streamlined and eventually the BETA tag eliminated from the pipeline.

Proposed Versioning scheme

The versioning nomenclature is as follows:

MAJOR.MINOR.SEMIMINOR.HOTFIX - > 0.3.5.1

The idea is to call very fifth semiminor release a Milestone, or a "milestone release", i.e. what we now call a stable release:

0.3.0 -> 0.3.5 -> 0.4.0

This is also something that we can publish on our site but maybe with a new site we move away from this all together, however its nice if some people at least use a torrent to load initial version and then use the updater to patch up to current relevant version.

What we now call a beta becomes a semiminor release, or simply a "release". This will let us move away from the word BETA:

0.3.5 -> beta1 -> beta2 -> beta3 -> beta4 -> 0.4.0

becomes:

0.3.5 -> 0.3.6 -> 0.3.7 -> 0.3.8 -> 0.3.9 -> 0.4.0

Hotfix

The plan is to still release a semiminor as we now did with beta, once a month. But in case we mess up and quickly need to push a hotfix through the updater we can append an extra integer on the end of the semiminor release.

BETA1 can be considered a hotfix release since it came so quick after `0.3.5` that `0.3.5.1` is a good version for it. In this case the PWS version that they applied to beta1 is correct.

I hope this clears things up. We will slowly adjust the site and documentation to reflect this.

Does anyone know if there is a patch available to upgrade from 3.5.0 to 3.5.1? Rather than having to completely download the whole package. Like what all in Arma do?

I really don't want to have to upload another 2+ gig mod to the server if there is a patch available.

Btw watching the stream now. It looks freaking sick!! well done everyone simply fantastic work.

Does anyone know if there is a patch available to upgrade from 3.5.0 to 3.5.1? Rather than having to completely download the whole package. Like what all in Arma do?

I really don't want to have to upload another 2+ gig mod to the server if there is a patch available.

Btw watching the stream now. It looks freaking sick!! well done everyone simply fantastic work.

use the beta updater on top of 0.3.5 directly on the server: http://www.rhsmods.org/beta . keep in mind that as i stated above, the version numbers will be adjusted.

Play withSIX also supports delta-patching for all mods. This means very fast updates even when you have a large mod list with multiple mods to update, as long as none of the mods didn't add/change a massive amount of data.

hi rhs team,

thnx for this great mod. wish you all the best in the manw contest.

one suggestion from me:

the ah64 apache engine sounds like the commanche heli.

can you change it in a future update?

also the m230 gun of the apache sound wrong.

its a bit of a immersion killer.

thnx and maybe you can change this

hi rhs team,

thnx for this great mod. wish you all the best in the manw contest.

one suggestion from me:

the ah64 apache engine sounds like the commanche heli.

can you change it in a future update?

also the m230 gun of the apache sound wrong.

its a bit of a immersion killer.

thnx and maybe you can change this

Send us soundfiles and we do it :P

hi red phoenix,

i think arma 2 has soundfiles for that bird.

arent you not allowed to use these?

i thought the model comes from arma 2 and so you also get the sound too.

cheers

hi red phoenix,

i thought the model comes from arma 2 and so you also get the sound too.

cheers

I think it just uses a generic helicopter sound tbh.

You sir.. Are a tease.. :P

Also do you guys plan to have your insurgent faction working with ALiVE? Currently it does not. :(

It works with ALIVE. I have many missions that use it.

Use 'rhs_faction_insurgents'.

Our incredible O2 artist Kenji Nakamura is streaming his work on the Russian Tunguska in our Twitch channel. It's already taking shape... You better not miss it!

Watch it in the RHS Twitch channel!

---------- Post added at 00:51 ---------- Previous post was at 00:43 ----------

Our amazing sound engineer, Laxmann is bit by bit adding sounds for all our assets, so eventually we'll have our own :)

Our incredible O2 artist Kenji Nakamura is streaming his work on the Russian Tunguska in our Twitch channel. It's already taking shape... You better not miss it!

Watch it in the RHS Twitch channel!

---------- Post added at 00:51 ---------- Previous post was at 00:43 ----------

Our amazing sound engineer, Laxmann is bit by bit adding sounds for all our assets, so eventually we'll have our own :)

On the topic of sounds.. Do you guys plan on having different sounds for Mk18s and Block 2's? As far as im aware they sound like the M4s you guys already have implemented. (No idea if thats placeholder or intentional)

On the topic of sounds.. Do you guys plan on having different sounds for Mk18s and Block 2's? As far as im aware they sound like the M4s you guys already have implemented. (No idea if thats placeholder or intentional)

The Block 2 IS a M4 but just with a free floating hand guard. The MK18 might call for a different sound because of the shorter barrel but it's not all that much of a priority I would say.

Not sure its reported yet but it looks like the classname changed in the update for mags for the rhs_weap_m14ebrri from 20Rnd_762x51_Mag to rhsusf_20Rnd_762x51_m993_Mag or the special one but the picture is not loaded for it in invetory.

The new shotgun is a great addition, however it seems to blow holes in buildings for me and I can't find the M136 rifleman :)

---------- Post added at 04:46 ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 ----------

the 3D sights are AMAZING!

Basically what samyG said :):

The Block 2 IS a M4 but just with a free floating hand guard. The MK18 might call for a different sound because of the shorter barrel but it's not all that much of a priority I would say.

Are you RHS devs going to update the recoil anytime soon? I feel that the US has an unfair advantage because in RHS, their weapons based around the 5.56x45 have extremely small recoil. Russian weapons based on 5.45x39 have recoil more in line with vanilla weapons, but IRL these things have even smaller recoil than the western 5.56 based weapons. The Russian stuff is also commonly equipped with recoil compensator where the western stuff usually have flash hiders instead. Also consider the fact that the 5.45x39 have less muzzle energy. 5.45x39 7N6 is rated at 1,328 J while 5.56x45 NATO SS109 is 1,767 J.

So it really should be the other way around. The eastern rifles should have less recoil. Please consider this when you implement the new recoil system that BI has released on dev-branch. Sooner or later you will have to go over all the weapons with the new system anyway.

On the RHS Inventory Icon stream.. I saw in your faction list.. US Army.. USMC... US Air Force.. Then I saw USN and SOCOM :O.. COULD THIS MEAN WHAT I THINK IT MEANS!? :O

Also are their planned variations of the SPC vest? with Pouches and the likes?

Edited by P0LARIS

Then I saw USN and SOCOM :O.. COULD THIS MEAN WHAT I THINK IT MEANS!? :O

If you think that it means Navy corpsmen to heal Marines and MARSOC, then yeah :P

on the rhs inventory icon stream.. I saw in your faction list.. Us army.. Usmc... Us air force.. Then i saw usn and socom :o.. Could this mean what i think it means!? :o

wooot laser gunssssss