Ok, just to make sure.

It's too hard for you fellow players to:

- Create a folder (one click)

- Unzip an archive (two clicks)

- and run the *.bat? (double click)

So 5x2= 10 clicks are too many for your players. Thats...... interesting.....

We cannot make it any easier for people to download the beta.

For some people, this is pretty advanced stuff. In fact, I've spent quite a bit of time just helping people find out where their game is installed. Creating a folder is 2 levels of skill beyond that (first you have to find where to create it). Basically, you are way over-estimating the technical abilities of the simple user.

As for PWS not willing to host the files, I find it hard to believe they flat out don't want to host it. Most likely there is just a small easy-to-resolve issue that could be bridged with just a bit of talking.

I wasn't asking for you to spend a day of work on each release pushing it officially. Just that you spend a little effort to find a way that PWS can host it without you having to spend a day of work on each release. I'm sure with 5-10 minutes of conversation you guys can reach a much better solution than I could. Though we could try have broken communication of me talking to them and then back to you and then back to them to figure out what is the problem with hosting the betas on PWS, if that is what you prefer.

In the end, having stuff update automatically along with all the other mods that need kept up to date doesn't just save me time, it saves time for a lot of players who want to use your mod. Even if I go as far as renting some sort of FTP (which I doubt would provide acceptable speeds at affordable prices), it would only solve the problem for a select few people which I direct to that FTP, instead of solving it for everyone.

I'd upload it myself with my 100kbyte/sec upload to some random hosting so PWS can download it if that was the best solution. But I doubt it, considering that at best case scenario it would result in PWS users would have ~48 hour delay on every update.

Edited by galzohar

For some people, this is pretty advanced stuff. In fact, I've spent quite a bit of time just helping people find out where their game is installed. Creating a folder is 2 levels of skill beyond that (first you have to find where to create it). Basically, you are way over-estimating the technical abilities of the simple user.

Okay, this is getting absurd.....

End of discussion for me.

It is not bad to not knowing something it is bad not to have desire to learn. If members of your community don't know how to create a folder or even how to use explorer, then how do they manage to use their computers at all?Frankly, all that discussion about noob community is getting more and more hilarious with every new detail. Galzohar, if you want to manage RHS:E via Six, I think you already get permission from creators to upload it there and keep it up to date by yourself, so your community can use it.

Edited by megazogg

Well, you can at least say in some interviews that you do in russian language that you recommend to use BETA versions of your mod and explain why. Or release a statement somewhere for english speaking people, on reddit for example. Here

Well, you can at least say in some interviews that you do in russian language that you recommend to use BETA versions of your mod and explain why. Or release a statement somewhere for english speaking people, on reddit for example. Here

I did, in the last interview I did with Ghostovitch I made that point. And I repeated it here on the forums a few times already.

I was playing with the HMMWVs lately, and I have a question regarding the mods creation. With default vehicles in ARMA3, we can choose textures and certain equipment invoking certain animations on init. Meanwhile in this mod we have A LOT of models differentiated by sometimes small details (like a texture, or a snorkel). Is there a reason to be done this way ?

I did, in the last interview I did with Ghostovitch I made that point. And I repeated it here on the forums a few times already.

Good then, ill try to spread the word as well

I was playing with the HMMWVs lately, and I have a question regarding the mods creation. With default vehicles in ARMA3, we can choose textures and certain equipment invoking certain animations on init. Meanwhile in this mod we have A LOT of models differentiated by sometimes small details (like a texture, or a snorkel). Is there a reason to be done this way ?

It wouldn't make much sense to have an Army HMMWV with USMC textures... and other weird combinations :j:

Truth is that there is not a model for each combination, just different editor entries mounted with the same models and different textures and accessories that represent their real life counterparts :)

FYI, a user called serjames has highlighted the issues people have with the BETA version not being on PlaywithSIX.

As a result of his actions, they're going to look into it - so that should stop a lot of people complaining, hopefully :)

Truth is that there is not a model for each combination, just different editor entries mounted with the same models and different textures and accessories that represent their real life counterparts :)
Ohh... so I could edit it to have the M1025 without doors ?

I searched in the thread but came with 0 results.

Are you guys planning to do the Kiowa to pair it with the Apache?

Sorry to repost this it got lost under all that beta stuff

[repost]

Hey guys first of very nice work just checked out the beta good stuff coming is see only got 1 issue will the Bradlys handling be worked on as it stands at the moment i can turn on the spot in a second and the turning is similar to that making it difficult to drive this week in my unit we had 1 flip out and kill a whole squad XD

I was under impression that Kiowa is not used since the adoption Longbow? The helicopter in the mod is AH-64D Longbow, not Apache btw.

I read recently on Janes or similar that the Kiowa is being retired and the NG are giving their Apaches to the units to replace them There's supposedly a UAV-Apache combo in the works to provide th scouting capability.

In fact Kiowa are replace by the UH-72 Lakota i think (wich is the EC-135).

I was under impression that Kiowa is not used since the adoption Longbow? The helicopter in the mod is AH-64D Longbow, not Apache btw.

So? you also have old humvees, and as far as I know Kiowas were used during most of the 2nd gulf war from 2002 to 2012 or maybe 2013?

if i ever manage to get enough time to finish my block D model, then yes. I doubt that i'll have do the F model...ever.

no promises...

if i ever manage to get enough time to finish my block D model, then yes. I doubt that i'll have do the F model...ever.

no promises...

D version is good enough for me!

Thanks!

Be advised! This evening at aprox. 20:00 ( C.E.T ) we are gonna show in our Twitch channel the new content for the incoming update of our beta.

Stay tuned:

Red Hammer Studios Twitch channel

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

The Kiowa it's still used, tho it's being technically replaced for the UH-72 Lakotas as M1n1d0u said.

A video of a Kiowa in A-Stan from last year:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4d0_1418015353

Edited by MistyRonin

I haven't heard any news about SMGs. Have you guys got them on your plans?

Also, have you considered making some more arm patches such as ISAF patches?

Be advised! This evening at aprox. 20:00 ( C.E.T ) we are gonna show in our Twitch channel the new content for the incoming update of our beta.

Stay tuned:

Red Hammer Studios Twitch channel

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

The Kiowa it's still used, tho it's being technically replaced for the UH-72 Lakotas as M1n1d0u said.

A video of a Kiowa in A-Stan from last year:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4d0_1418015353

I'm assuming the stream already happened :(.. Will there be a recording put up on youtube where i can watch it?