Another difference is that AGM has PIP screen outside of the scope while RHS has it inside. For that AGM's variant is way better for 2d scopes and would probably be for 3d scopes as well, you want the picture inside the scope be way clearer then outside when looking through it.

Can't see that happening for a 3D implementation, aside from the size of the PiP surface required, the non-PIP viewpoint wouldn't be able to follow the orientation of the weapon.

I'm also inclined to agree with Misty, if one scene has to be compromised I'm inclined to think it's less-jarring for it to be the (smaller) view inside the scope which one might more readily expect to have a less-than-entirely-natural quality having passed through the optics.

Hopefully, one way or another, we might have both options.

Edited by Defunkt

Here are two screens from the latest iteration of Reyhards work.

http://abload.de/img/arma32015-02-2122-45-obund.png

http://abload.de/img/arma32015-02-2122-45-75u68.png

Performance wise, it has no impacts on my computer (playing with ALL settings on ultra - but without post processing)

Edited by RedPhoenix

I have to admit , it looks great but most likely it requires alot of scripts to do that , that are fine in the bigger mod

only if there was a standalone solution to use those PIP scopes with First Focal reticle support and reticle illumination settings = then it would be amazing

Shortdot and any longer optics would look and work like their real life counterparts

i can only dream about that in ArmA 3 :(

Edited by RobertHammer

I have to admit , it looks great but most likely it requires alot of scripts to do that , that are fine in the bigger mod

only if there was a standalone solution to use those PIP scopes with First Focal reticle support and reticle illumination settings = then it would be amazing

Shortdot and any longer optics would look and work like their real life counterparts

i can only dream about that in ArmA 3 :(

Reyhard is going to open a feedback tracker soon. So if you want to support him, you can do that there.

Are you going to release stable version any time soon?

I'm asking it because in my community we are using your mod, and stable version is pretty buggy, and i don't know if it's worth updating to the latest beta version or not, or just wait till the next stable release. And btw what is the latest beta version released - 01 or 02?

I'm asking it because in my community we are using your mod, and stable version is pretty buggy, and i don't know if it's worth updating to the latest beta version or not, or just wait till the next stable release. And btw what is the latest beta version released - 01 or 02?

It is 01

New beta (BETA2) will be out very soon. As for whether to move to beta YES, by all means YES! 0.3.5 is horribly outdated now, and bug reports from 3.5 users are now unreliable. Every BETA that we release is stable, things that worked before will work better now with fixed bugs and things that are new and WIP you can just disregard. Also beta is faster to download/update.

We are quite sorry that the word BETA scared a lot of people. We are considering renaming it to something else to ease people coming in. But if you want the latest and the best then step over to the beta updater for sure.

Is there any chance of just releasing an updated version so people can download through Play With Six updater ? I'm keen to implement it on my server but my members may not want to faff about with the BETA manual install.

New beta (BETA2) will be out very soon. As for whether to move to beta YES, by all means YES! 0.3.5 is horribly outdated now, and bug reports from 3.5 users are now unreliable. Every BETA that we release is stable, things that worked before will work better now with fixed bugs and things that are new and WIP you can just disregard. Also beta is faster to download/update.

We are quite sorry that the word BETA scared a lot of people. We are considering renaming it to something else to ease people coming in. But if you want the latest and the best then step over to the beta updater for sure.

I saw the new FROG uniforms in the teaser video y'all put up, in the next beta will those be textured or will they still be untextured?

Is there any chance of just releasing an updated version so people can download through Play With Six updater ? I'm keen to implement it on my server but my members may not want to faff about with the BETA manual install.

This is really their problem and no excuse as it just demonstrates their laziness and disregard of our time vs their time. Preparing a proper release takes a whole day for us while beta release we are done in 5 minutes. The beta program is really as easy as it can be with only 5 minute initial setup and two double clicks required by the user every time the beta needs updating. We cannot make it any easier...

Hey guys first of very nice work just checked out the beta good stuff coming is see only got 1 issue will the Bradlys handling bee worked on as it stands at the moment i can turn on the spot in a second and the turning is similar to that making it difficult to drive this week in my unit we hade 1 flip out and kill a whole squad XD

This is really their problem and no excuse as it just demonstrates their laziness and disregard of our time vs their time. Preparing a proper release takes a whole day for us while beta release we are done in 5 minutes. The beta program is really as easy as it can be with only 5 minute initial setup and two double clicks required by the user every time the beta needs updating. We cannot make it any easier...

No problem. Got to ask the question. Thanks.

Thanks for the answer. Then we will probably update after beta2 is released

Do you plan other "proper" releases until final or every further updates will only be threw BETA ? Don't see any offense in that question. I'm asking it because if we can't expect any "proper" release my group could consider moving to BETA. But, as our players are fairly patients regarding mod updates, we could also wait.

In addition our group prefer using only "not too much WIP" content because we play only fully built non-zeus/MCC/Alive missions made by our members.

Thanks for your work.

You can do just as ACE guys did, update it, then post here about the update, explain how to download it and thats it. It's up to guys from Armaholic and PlayWithSix to upload it to their repositories. Just don't call it BETA. You can just notify their modders via PMs.

Edited by Tachi

Do you plan other "proper" releases until final or every further updates will only be threw BETA ? Don't see any offense in that question. I'm asking it because if we can't expect any "proper" release my group could consider moving to BETA. But, as our players are fairly patients regarding mod updates, we could also wait.

In addition our group prefer using only "not too much WIP" content because we play only fully built non-zeus/MCC/Alive missions made by our members.

Thanks for your work.

Who knows. Betas will come once a month and when we feel we got there 0.4 will be tagged.

i every time i hit a fence the tanks flip upside down dont now if some one reported did dont had that problem befor no addons running only rhs

Who knows. Betas will come once a month and when we feel we got there 0.4 will be tagged.

Soul_Assassin, you´ve asked on the last page how should RHS beta be renamed to not scare people away (because of beta, ppl think it is unfinished/wip etc)... and your last statement gave me the inspiration:

Why not call the beta instead "RHS_MU" (_MonthlyUpdate)? It will STFU of ppl asking ETA (as it is monthly, so ETA "sometime this month") and will not sound like rough/unfinished like Beta tag does =)

cheers!

BTW: the shotgun I´ve seem on videos and posts pages ago is v4.0 only or maybe will be presented on the _MU releases? (same goes to Tu-95 BEAR, it is v0.4 only or maybe could debut on an _MU release?)

cheers again! 8D

;2886047']Soul_Assassin' date=' you´ve asked on the last page how should RHS beta be renamed to not scare people away (because of beta, ppl think it is unfinished/wip etc)... and your last statement gave me the inspiration:

Why not call the beta instead "RHS_MU" (_MonthlyUpdate)? It will STFU of ppl asking ETA (as it is monthly, so ETA "sometime this month") and will not sound like rough/unfinished like Beta tag does =)

cheers!

BTW: the shotgun I´ve seem on videos and posts pages ago is v4.0 only or maybe will be presented on the _MU releases? (same goes to Tu-95 BEAR, it is v0.4 only or maybe could debut on an _MU release?)

cheers again! 8D[/quote']

Shotgun is in current public beta, download it and try it out - it is a fearsome weapon of mass destruction, capable of wipeing entire squads! ;)

And I realy don't understand why so many are afraid of beta? It only provide additional content and besides that functions exactly as 0.35 release. It is stable and its updater is realy simple to use as it is fully automated.

Shotgun is in current public beta, download it and try it out - it is a fearsome weapon of mass destruction, capable of wipeing entire squads! ;)

And I realy don't understand why so many are afraid of beta? It only provide additional content and besides that functions exactly as 0.35 release. It is stable and its updater is realy simple to use as it is fully automated.

Most likely because "BETA" means testing phase and most are not aware it's actually "stable".

Ok, thanks for your answer.

@beta discussion - in fact, even the last beta is less of a beta in terms of features and content than the older stable. The thing is, you need to understand that for a mod if this size and scope, the thing will most likely remain a beta, similar (if not better) than arma itself.

The version numbers is very much related to certain internal milestones and set plans. As S.A. said:

a) from a release POV, pushing things out via the beta setup is a lot easier.

b) a quick fix can be pushed just as fast etc

etc.

The fact that it is called BETA has nothing to do with the state of the the content that is released, otherwise the updates would come in multiple time a day.

You can do just as ACE guys did, update it, then post here about the update, explain how to download it and thats it. It's up to guys from Armaholic and PlayWithSix to upload it to their repositories. Just don't call it BETA. You can just notify their modders via PMs.

As SA said before - why does it matter for you how it is called? It is called BETA because it is work in progress. But if we'd call it 0.3.7 it would still be a WIP.

;2886047']Soul_Assassin' date=' you´ve asked on the last page how should RHS beta be renamed to not scare people away (because of beta, ppl think it is unfinished/wip etc)... and your last statement gave me the inspiration:

cheers![/quote']

Again, why does it have to be called something different? And it is not called monthly updates for a number of reasons, one of it being there is a desire to release it monthly, but as always there can't be a guarantee about it. So if people are asking for ETAs now, imagine what would happen if the "monthly" date would be pushed, for whatever reason...

ETA is always - when it is done...

So, reading through this whole beta discussion I just want to clarify some things:

• RHS will remain permanently in "beta" (whatever that means in this context)?
  • If yes, will the PWS version receive any future updates or will all updates be via the FTP?