In real life you can use an ACOG while wearing NVG, but as in some aircraft instruments the bright light that they emit blurry a bit your vision.

This is why you don't use NV with scopes the way it is in ARMA right now. You put the light amplifier in front of the scope, not behind it:

pvs22onscara.jpg

With PIP, attachment like that PVS-22 is finely possible.

small thing that probbaly has been mentioned before but soo many pages. price of you guys making a kick ass mod i guess. the thing is engine power, or more accurately the lack of it when going up hills in armour. a bradley went to 0 speed on a hill on stratis. angle was about 30'. tanks suffer from this badly as well but ifrit can scale the same hill no problem.

30° sounds reasonably realistic though. Vanilla vehicles are not very realistic, and not a good benchmark for comparison.

This is the IFV's we use where I live, and these are specified by the manufacturer to be able to climb a slope of 30º.

http://www.soldf.com/strf9040.html

In reality there are so much more variables that come into play though. Surfaces can be rough or smooth, they can be dry, wet, muddy etc...

Aye that seems pretty normal to me.

Most AFVs are only rated to climb a 60% gradient (1 in 1.66666), which is about 30 degrees. Once you start sticking up-armour kits on them and all the other stuff that's been added since they were designed, you do lose performance in those areas of speed and manoeuvrability. Things like braking on a slope also start to become very dicey if the brakes haven't been uprated to hold the additional weight.

Edited by da12thMonkey

As of next version you have to pay for our premium content.

Oh great! You just revealed our secret plan to get filthy rich as a first step in order to dominate the World with iron fist :(

Hey guys posted again as no reply.

We seem to be the only ones getting this problem .Managed to get 0.3.5 working on our server..well sort of..when its just the squads its fine..when i add vehicles it gives me an error (you cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that had been deleted .usrf_sound)..Have re-uploaded the mod to server from scratch but still no joy and still getting a similar message

Any thoughts please much appreciated

usrf_ is not our tag so your mission must have something in it which no longer is on the server, but its not ours.

Hey RHS tank-experts!

Is it possible, by ways of scripting or otherwise, to implement the tank commander's ability to slew and override the gunner's primary sight? The tank turret turns to face the front with e.g. when turned out, so perhaps this feature could mimic that (an uneducated guess)?

This would most definitely improve the multiplayer experience by allowing the tank commander to assign targets with more precision. This could be applied for both the TKN-3 etc. plus the M1A2 CDU etc.

This feature could be overlooked due to the fact that you can go by bearings, but still it is rather slow in comparison especially in multiplayer TvT missions.

Thanks

Hey RHS tank-experts!

Is it possible, by ways of scripting or otherwise, to implement the tank commander's ability to slew and override the gunner's primary sight? The tank turret turns to face the front with e.g. when turned out, so perhaps this feature could mimic that (an uneducated guess)?

This would most definitely improve the multiplayer experience by allowing the tank commander to assign targets with more precision. This could be applied for both the TKN-3 etc. plus the M1A2 CDU etc.

This feature could be overlooked due to the fact that you can go by bearings, but still it is rather slow in comparison especially in multiplayer TvT missions.

Thanks

Me and Reyhard discussed this recently, and the answer is, we don't know at the moment. Reyhard is coding genius so perhaps he will be able to create a true hunter-killer system for some tanks, however do not expect such thing for next release be it beta or stable, as other more important things are in works, tough we see it as interesting option and might take a look in to it later, no promises tough.

Are there any plans for including special forces units, or equipment, in the modification?

yes (5char)

Anyone from RHS interested in C-130 skins? - As I saw you featured it in the interview-preview video?

I still have a ton of good C-130 skins laying around, but no proper mod to stick them to..

Rebreather , wet suit and APS rifle would be awesome for Russian OMRP.

A 120l bergen that can carry loads of gear at the expense of no running (quick release straps) would be amazing too.

I agree AGM PiP scopes look excellent. A colab with them on your ACOG would be dreamy.

They're fundamentally different (one's 2D, one's 3D), it's hard to see how they could borrow from each other.

Personally I much prefer where Reyhard's is going (assuming the kinks can be ironed out). But it's probably possible to config an AGM style PiP scope for the RHS optics without model sources (i.e. post release) if AGM users prefer.

They're fundamentally different (one's 2D, one's 3D), it's hard to see how they could borrow from each other.

Personally I much prefer where Reyhard's is going (assuming the kinks can be ironed out). But it's probably possible to config an AGM style PiP scope for the RHS optics without model sources (i.e. post release) if AGM users prefer.

That would be completely fine with me as I use both!! Options are always better than not having them! So a 3D/2D/PIP and 2D nonPIP would be the best for all users!!

Bohemia will probably upgrade PIP. I've heard rumors that they 'll add PIP to all scopes in Marksman DLC...

Would be cool but I doubt it, I think if they would they would've announced already.

Another difference is that AGM has PIP screen outside of the scope while RHS has it inside. For that AGM's variant is way better for 2d scopes and would probably be for 3d scopes as well, you want the picture inside the scope be way clearer then outside when looking through it.

you want the picture inside the scope be way clearer then outside when looking through it.

I personally rather see clearly what's happening around me, if there's any enemy close-by than what's happening at a few hundred meters, where I only need to know the form of possible enemies.

Usually the closer the enemies are, the more dangerous and accurate.