Hmm, then something must be wrong on my end because while I click the update .bat files in both beta folders, I'm not getting anything new like the AK-103. Though, on the beta page on the RHS website it says the repository gets updated once per month.

Sorry, my answer may not have been clear enough.

I meant the day that the Beta is released, not that it's released everyday. For now we have only pushed the first beta, tho the second beta should come soonish ( a few weeks? ).

Sorry, my answer may not have been clear enough.

I meant the day that the Beta is released, not that it's released everyday. For now we have only pushed the first beta, tho the second beta should come soonish ( a few weeks? ).

Ah, ok. Cool.

For those of you who don't follow the RHS Facebook page here are a few of the recent in progress Russian weapon developments as we continue to try and fill the gaps.

Makarov PMM

Model by: SAM61

Texture by: RedPhoenix

10952444_944698458876481_3154391008307145916_S.jpg

Click for fullsize

PKM

Model and original textures by: Sarvs

Port by: RobertHammer

Texture edits by: Sabre

RHSWeapPKMs.jpg

Click for fullsize

An updated PKP is in the pipeline as well for those wondering.

AKM

Model and original bakes by: Pufu

Textures by: Sabre

RHSWeapAKMs.jpg

Click for fullsize

Edited by Sabre

Oh do we have much more in store for you guys....

So question.. For the US forces.. I see you have Army Marines and Air Force.. my question is do you plan on having infantry for everything? Including Air force faction? or just Marine infantry and Army infantry? Any plans on adding like Navy faction later in the future with Navy Seals or Marine Raiders(MARSOC) for marines?? Do you guys plan on adding SCARs to your weaponry for US Forces or only M4/M16s? I love what you guys are doing! Keep up the great work!

Edited by P0LARIS

So question.. For the US forces.. I see you have Army Marines and Air Force.. my question is do you plan on having infantry for everything? Including Air force faction? or just Marine infantry and Army infantry? Any plans on adding like Navy faction later in the future with Navy Seals or Marine Raiders(MARSOC) for marines?? Do you guys plan on adding SCARs to your weaponry for US Forces or only M4/M16s? I love what you guys are doing! Keep up the great work!

Show me Airforce and Navy infantry and I'll show you a unicorn.

MARSOC will be implemented, that's a no-brainer. If we plan to implement Army SF, then the SCAR family will also be implemented.

Show me Airforce and Navy infantry and I'll show you a unicorn.

MARSOC will be implemented, that's a no-brainer. If we plan to implement Army SF, then the SCAR family will also be implemented.

What i meant by AF and USN infantry is their special operations units.. You know Seals, PJ's, Combat Controllers..

What i meant by AF and USN infantry is their special operations units.. You know Seals, PJ's, Combat Controllers..

Could be, in the long term.

Oh do we have much more in store for you guys....

is your signature an indication of things to come? ;)

is your signature an indication of things to come? ;)

You're the first person to openly say something about it, congratulations.

To answer your question, yes, it's been quite a large indication for what is to come from us.

I made the decision to texture them dusty & dirty, hence why they appear more tan.

We are not using Scorpion yet as personally I'm waiting until it is more widely fielded, like we try to do with most things, as there are higher priorities in terms of functionality and capability than a slightly different Multicam pattern.

I prefer the greener look as well, but understand the idea of the tanner look.

Are there any plans for plate carriers? (examples - http://i.imgur.com/ZNTQAZd.jpg http://i.imgur.com/tP8U6du.jpg)

Awesome mod : )

Any ETA on next update ? sorry if already asked : D

I think it was "the second beta should come soonish ( a few weeks? )."

So i noticed on the website http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/AFRF_Heavy_Weapons you list heavy weapons which includes motars and other launchers, but i cant find anything in the editor to place those items. Are they not in the pack yet? and bigger question is this an older style motar that doesnt have the op computer to blow shit up?

Awesome mod : )

Any ETA on next update ? sorry if already asked : D

You can always participate on RHS' Beta testing programme.

MGs
Class name
rhs_weap_pkt
rhs_weap_nsvt
rhs_weap_dshkm
rhs_weap_kpvt
CANNONS
Class name
rhs_weap_2a26
rhs_weap_2a46_2
rhs_weap_2a46m_2
rhs_weap_2a46m_4
rhs_weap_d10t2s_2
rhs_weap_d10tg
rhs_weap_d10t2s
rhs_weap_u5ts
rhs_weap_2a42
rhs_weap_2a28
rhs_weap_2a41
LAUNCHERS
Class name
rhs_weap_9k11
rhs_weap_9m111
rhs_weap_9k133
rhs_weap_s8
SMOKE
Class name
rhs_weap_902a
MORTARS
Class name
rhs_weap_2p130
ROCKET ARTILLERY
Class name
rhs_9m79_1Launcher

i tried placing some into boxes but nothing comes out when i pulled them out

So i noticed on the website http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/AFRF_Heavy_Weapons you list heavy weapons which includes motars and other launchers, but i cant find anything in the editor to place those items. Are they not in the pack yet? and bigger question is this an older style motar that doesnt have the op computer to blow shit up?

Heavy_weapons refers to vehicle mounted weapons. You can't spawn them.

You'll see a lot of changes in the PhysiX and speeds side in the next Beta release, tho have in mind that we work with real values, so don't expect ultra-fast vehicles.

I see what you mean here. I was mainly concerned that giving a vehicle low speeds in order to compensate for real life erm... cautiousness, i guess... Isn't the right approach. Like in Arma 2, when any vehicle is to go off road, it magically slows to an immediate 20-10 k/ph. That's no good. The best approach is to give a vehicle it's real life speed, in order to be able to accomplish tasks the vehicle should be able to handle. The min issue i see with speed as of now, is that a slight hill has a dramatic impact on speeds, and it doesn't feel natural at all. Just an observation. But the mod is great otherwise.

I see what you mean here. I was mainly concerned that giving a vehicle low speeds in order to compensate for real life erm... cautiousness, i guess... Isn't the right approach. Like in Arma 2, when any vehicle is to go off road, it magically slows to an immediate 20-10 k/ph. That's no good. The best approach is to give a vehicle it's real life speed, in order to be able to accomplish tasks the vehicle should be able to handle. The min issue i see with speed as of now, is that a slight hill has a dramatic impact on speeds, and it doesn't feel natural at all. Just an observation. But the mod is great otherwise.

I disagree. If the mechanics don't exist which would require a person to drive cautiously off-road (i.e. realistic risk of suspension failure or similar physical damage) then the only thing to do is to enforce authentic use of vehicles via the mechanics that are available. Otherwise the game is going to be full of Only in Battlefield moments.

Not sure if its possible but it would be nice if damage to suspensions and wheels was modeled when going off road at too high of speeds.

MGs
Class name
rhs_weap_pkt
rhs_weap_nsvt
rhs_weap_dshkm
rhs_weap_kpvt
CANNONS
Class name
rhs_weap_2a26
rhs_weap_2a46_2
rhs_weap_2a46m_2
rhs_weap_2a46m_4
rhs_weap_d10t2s_2
rhs_weap_d10tg
rhs_weap_d10t2s
rhs_weap_u5ts
rhs_weap_2a42
rhs_weap_2a28
rhs_weap_2a41
LAUNCHERS
Class name
rhs_weap_9k11
rhs_weap_9m111
rhs_weap_9k133
rhs_weap_s8
SMOKE
Class name
rhs_weap_902a
MORTARS
Class name
rhs_weap_2p130
ROCKET ARTILLERY
Class name
rhs_9m79_1Launcher

i tried placing some into boxes but nothing comes out when i pulled them out

Maybe because most of these are vehicle mounted weapons, like 125mm cannons, and rocket pods for aircraft?

Well, most of the military vehicles are way too underpowered.

Request: Current flashlight on the laser/light combo is same as BIS light. Is it possible to add the Robert Hammer surefire light that is MUCH brighter or equivalent?

Also I know I said it in a previous page but Camo variants for weapons/optics on both sides would be absolutely amazing though I'm sure you guys have bigger issues/plans right now.

Would also be really nice to have a version of the US helmets with the cover on the goggles. Obviously these are just a few things that would be nice for visual aesthetic reasons..

Hey, just thought it would be really nice to include an 'Officer' unit in the US army woodland and desert wearing the jacket instead of the shirt that the regular units wear. The shirt looks really out of place for an officer imo when it is not covered by the IOTV, and afaik I haven't seen any officers/generals wearing the shirt, it's usually the old style jacket.